• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Mario

JUDGE

Smash Lord
lolololol i genarally suck on wifi lol^^
i have the feeling as if wifi doesn't improve my playstile at all^^

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
well, I think we need the best to represent, Vato Break, BOX7, Hardgainer, Hippydude if able, and one more.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
oh man so many good marios.........but not enough empty places....
i vote for kirin ftw !!!
kirin will fight for mario AND link lol

Hardgainer08

Smash Apprentice
?

You have? When? Can't say I remember brawling you. Can you be more specific?

Still willing to prove myself by brawling btw. This going back and forth seems set to go on for a while...

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I can't play in this, Judge. I have no Wii at the moment. xD I sent it in for repairs. That and I'll be attending SNES this weekend.

Thanks for the support though. :D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't wana be mean or anything but I've seen handgainers mario, and he isn't good... =/ No offense handgainer..
I've played Hardgainer on wifi, and seriously, he beats the crap out of me. XD

And Hardgainer actually scores high on the AiB ladder going Mario only, keep in mind.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I've played Hardgainer on wifi, and seriously, he beats the crap out of me. XD

And Hardgainer actually scores high on the AiB ladder going Mario only, keep in mind.
But this is a low tier tourney. Not some FFA with MKs running in. Also, it's not relatively hard to score high, since you can also beat bunch of random dudes with to get a high score lol.. Not to mention THIS IS A SMASHBOARDS TOURNEY.. not a AiB ladder or anything like that..

just sayin

l personally say, we shouldn't even enter this thing, it feels like people pity us because we're low tiers so they make a low tier WIFI EVENT FOR US... it doesn't exclude the fact we can't get to mid tier like this..

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
BO and Vato are in this, no question. They've proven themselves time and time again.

I think Hardgainer deserves a spot, but that's just me. Him and Flameleon seem to have a lotttt of wi-fi experience.

My list would go like this: BO X7tastic, vato_break, Flameleon, Hardgainer, ______.

Hardgainer08

Smash Apprentice
To be honest all that MK ban stuff makes no sense. What exactly is stopping people from having money low tier tournaments? To the Mk pro banners, too many biased people won't let it be. So we should just have low tier offline tourneys. Why we don't is a mystery.

But this it what it is. We can't just sit this out when other low tiers are gonna make an effort.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
I would nominate myself since since most of my mario knowledge is from the AIB ladder but I think we need some real pros to nominate bad thing Matador aint got a usefull wii

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
dont worry i suck since i get last place in a tourney and place WAYY TOO MUCH DOUBT in my own mario.. when people like jash witness it in action.. but heh lol..

still think we should drop the whole wifi tourney act no point
Nah.... Hippie, your very good with Mario.. Idk why you arn't in this...

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I'm reconsidering being a candidate for Mario rep. Tension between Mario mains is stupid.

Hippie, that's a bad attitude. Who cares what tier your character is in if you're winning? By not entering it, Mario mains would be given a bad main as the character who thought they were too elite to enter the SWF Low Tier tourney. And a Mario main's goal isn't to get their character into mid tier.. that's just dumb.

If this is the attitude of Mario mains then I don't really want any part of it ._.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
i haven't gone to LA for any tournaments, and certainly haven't lost to a mario

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
I'm reconsidering being a candidate for Mario rep. Tension between Mario mains is stupid.

Hippie, that's a bad attitude. Who cares what tier your character is in if you're winning? By not entering it, Mario mains would be given a bad main as the character who thought they were too elite to enter the SWF Low Tier tourney. And a Mario main's goal isn't to get their character into mid tier.. that's just dumb.

If this is the attitude of Mario mains then I don't really want any part of it ._.

I doubt you understood what he meant,

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
I would love for you to explain to me what he meant, then.
I am gonna feel dumb if I wrong :) . Well I thought Hyppie is just piss about the way the low tiers are being represented by having a complete low tiers tournament, I believe he said pity.

Back too discussion, Would Ajax be able to participate in this tourney I have seen him a couple of times in the AIB ladder.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I do get that. By too elite, I meant not entering because we don't like having people take pity on us is really dumb. Low tier tournaments have been done for years, and there haven't been complaints like that. That's just.. just dumb.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
But this is a low tier tourney. Not some FFA with MKs running in. Also, it's not relatively hard to score high, since you can also beat bunch of random dudes with to get a high score lol.. Not to mention THIS IS A SMASHBOARDS TOURNEY.. not a AiB ladder or anything like that..

just sayin

l personally say, we shouldn't even enter this thing, it feels like people pity us because we're low tiers so they make a low tier WIFI EVENT FOR US... it doesn't exclude the fact we can't get to mid tier like this..
my post still stands

To be honest all that MK ban stuff makes no sense. What exactly is stopping people from having money low tier tournaments? To the Mk pro banners, too many biased people won't let it be. So we should just have low tier offline tourneys. Why we don't is a mystery.

But this it what it is. We can't just sit this out when other low tiers are gonna make an effort.
How is this related to our looking for a all star team again? l might have not understood correctly.

Nah.... Hippie, your very good with Mario.. Idk why you arn't in this...
Dang son, somehow idk why l forgot you at first xD. You should be in it too. Sometimes l ask myself same thing but.. l'm not good until l prove myself with results.. which l only did once..which was that 9/33 low tier sinlges game 3 with atomskk.. ~.~

Is there a prize for this tournament?
Is there? Also Virg, do you have any thoughts or ways to get our all star team together? :/ Will this be seeded according to states for lag purposes? So a EC Mario won't have to fight a WC yoshi or something?

If though you didn't accuse me of anything or even say it... try not to label me as one person representing the whole Mario mains.. I'm the only person who believes we shouldn't bother to enter.. well except Monk cus he hates wifi LOL

......Y'all dumb
Prolly the most smartest and dedicated post since this thread was up lol.

I am gonna feel dumb if I wrong :) . Well I thought Hyppie is just piss about the way the low tiers are being represented by having a complete low tiers tournament, I believe he said pity.

Back too discussion, Would Ajax be able to participate in this tourney I have seen him a couple of times in the AIB ladder.
At least spell my name right? Jk jk lol. Dw, wouldn't hurt you if you were wrong, but it was similar what l was trying to get at. I think xD.

I do get that. By too elite, I meant not entering because we don't like having people take pity on us is really dumb. Low tier tournaments have been done for years, and there haven't been complaints like that. That's just.. just dumb.
Idk about you but that's how l view it

Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine..
Idk about to you but l prefer to shine in all character tourney not always low tiers.. l mean if the wiifi tourney is counted to the Character rankings thread then I'm all for it.

it still feels like we're getting pity or w/e.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
Funny how this tourney was made like one week after MK wasn't banned, kinda like hey, you guys are screwed but heres this

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
We should just do it. It shouldn't take us 16 pages to figure out who are our best wifi Marios. One of you green guys make a poll thread or something. We need to pick and move on.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
wow never thought this thread grows so much *looks at link thread*
just two pages lol

Top Bottom