• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Mario

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to say that I'm the best wifi Mario there is, and it would be a huge mistake not to include me on the sure roster of 4. Since the game came out I've still never lost a Mario mirror set, including the 30+ I've done with Hardgainer, and the total number of Mario mirror games I've lost is can be counted on your fingers and toes. I hate having to talk myself up like this, but since I usually lay pretty low I have no choice.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Oh, I've heard of you. I heard you made a clean sweep in TourneyPlay pools. But don't you main Wolf?

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
I do "Main" Wolf, or I did, I'm in the process of dropping him. But I did go perfect in Tourneyplay pools, and used Wolf, Mario, and PT once for the lulz (Squirtle 3-stock). I play Mario a lot better than I play Wolf, but Wolf is better suited for the high-tier cheese. Although Mario is main in certain match-ups, such as Lucario (at least against CutestLilLucario, for some reason Wolf struggles on him but Mario has never lost) and Falco.

But yeah, **** Wolf.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
It's not the exactly the greatest accolade, so I'm not running around spreading it. And I don't go to AiB or here much, I'm usually on the GameFAQs Online board. But the great thing about online games is, you can play against someone making boisterous claims and see if it's true.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
Five Marios, Five capes, five fludds, tons of gimps...****, sounds nice, haha, i wonder were all those "rare" Marios were all this time, but, at least, the team is almost done...

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
Dude shut your cocky mouth there's so much better wifi mario's than you....
The best part about that bad grammar is the post was actually edited.

And even if there are, you're not one of them.

Although I kinda hope there is, Hardgainer is the best I've played and 9 out of 10 times I 2-stock him. No offense to him, I <3 him and will continue to help him get better because I know he has the potential, but it would be nice to experience a truly competitive Mario mirror at some point in my life.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I have to give you some credit, Cube. You DO have better grammar than a lot of posters I see on smashboards, which is always a plus in my book. I love grammar. Also, I'd like to play you online tomorrow if you want to. Although my Mario sucks now.. XD

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
if nobody else wants to i'll fill in the place and hopefully that will finish the team. I know how to gimp people. Trust me.
You don't know how to ledgedrop yet no offense lol.

The best part about that bad grammar is the post was actually edited.

And even if there are, you're not one of them.

Although I kinda hope there is, Hardgainer is the best I've played and 9 out of 10 times I 2-stock him. No offense to him, I <3 him and will continue to help him get better because I know he has the potential, but it would be nice to experience a truly competitive Mario mirror at some point in my life.
Lol neither are you.

I can vouch Frank has alot of potential and just needs a few fixing pointers and that's about it.

lolwificompetitive.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Even though Viviff is extremely cocky, and I have never personally played him, I think he should be part of the 5 >.>

Just a heads up though... GameFAQs means nothing, lawl xD

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I have to give you some credit, Cube. You DO have better grammar than a lot of posters I see on smashboards, which is always a plus in my book. I love grammar. Also, I'd like to play you online tomorrow if you want to. Although my Mario sucks now.. XD
Smash GOD, are you using a script to get your text like that? I thought my laptop screen was burning down the middle, haha.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
being the best gamefaq's mario, is like being the smartest kid in a ******** class
I'd rather be King of the ******* than lost in the shuffle. Plus, if you lost to me, wouldn't that make you a ******? And since Hardgainer isn't the best Mario on GameFAQs, I guess you just called him a ******. That's kinda mean.

But if you've been paying attention, you'll know that I haven't mentioned GameFAQs in any sort of arrogant way. In fact the only time I have mentioned it was when I briefly stated that I'm usually hanging out on the Online board, and that the General board makes me ashamed to go there at all.

I will say that at Tourneyplay Seattle a lot of people told me I was the best Mario they had ever seen, and that I was the best Mario on the WC. Again, I don't get much recognition because I'm quietly being King of the ******* over at GFAQs.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
You don't know how to ledgedrop yet no offense lol.

Lol neither are you.

I can vouch Frank has alot of potential and just needs a few fixing pointers and that's about it.

lolwificompetitive.

Oh and this is probably a double post, but since your posts don't interest me and I drift in and out I just noticed this. You laughed at me and told me I'm not a better Mario than myself. Congratulations. I will now not bother to read your posts at all.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather be King of the ******* than lost in the shuffle. Plus, if you lost to me, wouldn't that make you a ******? And since Hardgainer isn't the best Mario on GameFAQs, I guess you just called him a ******. That's kinda mean.

But if you've been paying attention, you'll know that I haven't mentioned GameFAQs in any sort of arrogant way. In fact the only time I have mentioned it was when I briefly stated that I'm usually hanging out on the Online board, and that the General board makes me ashamed to go there at all.

I will say that at Tourneyplay Seattle a lot of people told me I was the best Mario they had ever seen, and that I was the best Mario on the WC. Again, I don't get much recognition because I'm quietly being King of the ******* over at GFAQs.
I went a little over the edge but I just could not help it, last time I fought dudes at gamefaqs I felt like I was fighting a Cps at lv5.

Your probably an awesome player good for you, but my problem is the bunch of 10 year olds that roam gamefaqs boards.

Also last time I attended a tourney they also told me I was the best mario they ever played, Obviously because we are so few when they fight a good one they will say it's the best they ever fought.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Well that brings the Northwest Mario count to 4. Technically 3, but still.

And I'm also vouching for Viviff if I didn't say it yet.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
I went a little over the edge but I just could not help it, last time I fought dudes at gamefaqs I felt like I was fighting a Cps at lv5.

Your probably an awesome player good for you, but my problem is the bunch of 10 year olds that roam gamefaqs boards.

Also last time I attended a tourney they also told me I was the best mario they ever played, Obviously because we are so few when they fight a good one they will say it's the best they ever fought.
It's my goal to make GameFAQs look half decent. I do all I can with the Online board, but like I've said, I can't stand the General board, and don't go anywhere near it.

And while it's somewhat true that most tournaments you go to, if you're any good with Mario it'll leave an impression, but this was Tourneyplay. I almost beat DSF in a money match, went even with M2K in a friendly before he quit a stock and a half in to play his tournament match, and had a lot of the SoCal group that had never seen me before tell me my Mario was the best they'd ever seen. They kept mentioning some guy from California, I can't remember his name, but someone would ask someone else about me and they'd say, "This guy's Mario is even better than ______'s." These were real players, so real in fact M2K got 3rd.

Anyway, I feel I've stated my case more than enough. I'm free to play anyone Wednesday and Thursday, when I get back home.

Oh and by the way, I'm the only NW Mario I know about. T0mmy likes Mario, but he's far too awful to consider a Mario player. I can't think of anyone else besides me........

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Probably because of the fact that there are only about 5 people in Oregon who constantly come to tournaments. If I were to count you, the NW Marios would be Me, You and Fear. I haven't seen Fear in a while, but he was Power Ranked for some time.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I wish I people would say that about mine. I have gotten compliments about my Mario from people, I don't think I'm really seen as a pushover, and I normally give my opponent a good set, but there are other Mario's around my area better than me. I'm from NJ, Kirin is from NY, and Boss and Famous are from MD/VA.

You guys better win this. You're ****ing Mario :mad:
Dude, this guy's right. We are ****ing Mario. Let's just pwn the competition.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
lol who else should win this thing pink fresh??^^
we have excellent marios here^^

lil cj

Smash Lord
Mario is like the best "low" tier character. Ness is close but... he can't recover lol.
Thats true Pink, Mario should win this thing!!!
For second best though...it might be a tie between Ness and Zelda
Oh yea, I was looking at the Ike boards,
someone mentioned Ike is the MK of low tiers lmao
I really hope they dont think that...its definitely Mario:)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think a lot of us would be cool with Viviff on the team, I'm all for it.

BO
Vato
Viviff

The other two spots are up for grabs. Possible candidates: Flameleon, Tony, Smash God, and Hardgainer are possible seconds. Nobody else is really on the same level of experience. Mario got this.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Who's played Viviff?
I'm thinking the same thing. I have no idea how good this guy is. Of course I would like to play this guy myself, but anybody able to test him is fine.

I'm putting this out for myself as a nomination, but I did an online low tier tourney today with 20-25 people and I got 5th. I beat a C. Falcon, PT, and a Lucas and I lost to a Lucas/PT and a Jigglypuff.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
Hardgainer is the only person here that I know and have played. Love him to death, he's got potential, but they're not close matches. Like I said, willing to play people Wednesday afternoon, and Thursday/Friday.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
>.> This is getting stupid now...

Flameleon and Hardgainer are not options, they are a necessity. Especially Flameleon...

If this keeps up I don't want to be part of this.. this is just stupid.

Top Bottom