• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Get arrested on the final lap a few times and then you'll understand as everyone, especially the computers, laughs at you as they overtake you while you're crawling up to speed.

So, uh...you guys wanna race during a time when I'm not working or sleeping? >(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be honest, I like acceleration and handling on my characters. My winning comes from my mad drifting skills

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mad drifting skills is more important when you have low Handling, cuz you have to use it to turn 95% of the time. I use Yoshi/Zucchini/Slick/Swooper which only gives me 1.5/6 Handling, I absolutely NEED my drifts to be near perfect to get anything done, especially on curvy courses like DK Pass and Neo Bowser City.

EDIT: Guys, I need a bit of help here. Im trying to find a good vehicle build for Heavy weights (specifically Bowser) which weilds 4-5 Speed and 3-4 Accel. Anybody got anything good?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mad drifting skills is more important when you have low Handling, cuz you have to use it to turn 95% of the time. I use Yoshi/Zucchini/Slick/Swooper which only gives me 1.5/6 Handling, I absolutely NEED my drifts to be near perfect to get anything done, especially on curvy courses like DK Pass and Neo Bowser City.

EDIT: Guys, I need a bit of help here. Im trying to find a good vehicle build for Heavy weights (specifically Bowser) which weilds 4-5 Speed and 3-4 Accel. Anybody got anything good?
My Bowser build has 1.5 handling and 5.25 speed so can't help you there, lol

-Final-

Aria♪
Are we going to do any more Mario Kart Wii tournaments? 'Cause I'm too poor to get a 3DS. :<

I'm also too poor to get my wii fixed, but that's irrelevant. :>

:quill:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Is it just mii or do Charaters have stats in mk7?
pick a kart combo and then switch between chars( while keeping the same combo) and its shows the stats change :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Err... box... I just posted this about 15 posts ago:

They have slight stat differences depending on weight class, but now that Accel is super important as well as Speed, its actually really well balanced now. I use Yoshi who's speed is lowish and I can hold first no problem even against guys like Bowser and Metal Mario. The fact that you can customize your vehicle with your own stats is really whats balances the game though. You can choose just how much Speed, Accel, Weight, Handling, and Offroad you want, so theres no dominant chars.

If you wanna see all the character stats look here: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_7#Character_Bonuses

And if you want all the vehicle part stats look here: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_7#Stat_Boosts

And if you wanna look at all the combination stats look here: http://mnsg.hostingsiteforfree.com/mariokart7/StatViewer.html

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Are we going to do any more Mario Kart Wii tournaments? 'Cause I'm too poor to get a 3DS. :<

I'm also too poor to get my wii fixed, but that's irrelevant. :>

:quill:
Yes, there will still be MKWii tournaments going on.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The Vinylist (Viny!¡ist)

Every saturdays (or sundays) of 12 races.

Each group/team gets eliminated if they have the lowest score after those 12 races.
Then continues on like that until a certain group/team wins.

Gatlin

The Vinylist (Viny!¡ist)

Every saturdays (or sundays) of 12 races.

Each group/team gets eliminated if they have the lowest score after those 12 races.
Then continues on like that until a certain group/team wins.
Just a suggestion, but this needs more information and organization.

How many per team?
What happens if two teams tie for last?
Any characters / bikes banned?
How will stage-selection work?
How will you handle disconnections?

Also, I recommend not making it last for several consecutive Saturdays. If I were you, I'd try to adjust it to make it fit into a 1 day event; 2 days tops if need-be. It'll be easier to make sure everyone participating can still make it, plans may arise, people can't make it one of the days, etc.

Also try setting it up in a little chart like this:

Tournament Details said:
Type:

Date:

Time:

Rules:

Vehicle Choice:

Character Choice:

Transmission:

Disconnections:

Wrong Course Selection:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright, since we don't have many people,

Two per team.
If Tied, we'll have to determine by who has reached the highest place. (ex. Team X landed on 4th and Team Y on 6th.)
All karts are banned; small bikes/characters are banned. :troll:
Stage Selection: Can't choose the same course if picked before.
If disconnected, all teams will recieve 10 points each.

I'll make it 2 days tops if anyone doesn't have enough time to finish the whole tournament.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm...I wanted to come back for one day only and have my hand on MKWii but it seems everyone(most) have moved on to MK7 already?

Oh well..... *sigh*
♥

Shök

Smash Champion
It's the like the Melee to Brawl transition. Not everyone has moved on.

Gatlin

Hmm...I wanted to come back for one day only and have my hand on MKWii but it seems everyone(most) have moved on to MK7 already?

Oh well..... *sigh*
♥
Well actually, the races for the Light House are starting in an hour-ish. I still play MKWii a lot so :X

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Omega, you have the most obnoxious username and text in the world.
Nice to see you hippo, and sorry you feel that way about me.

Anyway, how about you guys do some kind of X-Mas special tourney for MKWii? I sure would partake in it for my last race in 2011!! :bee:

EDIT: Hey Gatlin, glad to see the community still here for me,so any of you guys on now? I guess I could give it a shot.
♥

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If we were to do it Christmas day, we'd need to do it a bit later in the day as I have plans during the daylight hours (which only last until like, 6 my time here lol). So basically, if we could start about 2 hours later than usual or so, Id be down for xmas Karting.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I'm not gonna be able to do Mkwii Christmas day but that's fine, I'm prob at terrible at Mkwii now anyways.

I'm 2 cups away from 3 stars in mk7 :D

Top Bottom