• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Thanks everyone. I was having an off day yesterday. Time for round two.

Continuing last post:
Tunic 3: Black/Dark Blue tunic: Pressure relief tunic: This tunic is given to Link by the Zoras who want link to go to the underwater mining facility to rid the Selepria Sea of harmful oil toxins. In order for Link to breath underwater, it is equipped with an oxygen helmet, of course, but also is lined with a special type of metal which makes this tunic resistant to great pressure build up while scouring the ocean floor for the hidden abandoned mining facility. It also has a headlight on the helmet which pierces through the infinite darkness of the seabed. Never wear this tunic on land for too long, though, especially where there are enemies: it slows down Link's actions above water, so be careful.

Tunic 4: Red tunic: broken heat generating suit: Meh, you get the gist. It's made by Gor Akua, and Link finds it in the Destroyed Reactor dungeon, bewildered with what to do with it, as temperatures are freezing on Death Mountain. But Gor Akua is not an idiot. He made this tunic to be versatile. It blocks heat out in extremely hot temperatures, and traps heat in during extremely cold conditions. However, Link must find heat vents along his way in the Destroyed Reactor dungeon, as the tunic cannot produce its own heat. This tunic can be upgraded via sidequest to enable it to generate its own heat so no more vent-hopping. This tunic is utterly useless in normal conditions, and the fair temperatures cancel each function out, so use this if you're sick of green and want a color change.

Tunic 5 (optional): Golden tunic: all purpose, dark magic resistant: This tunic shines bright with a radiant light like no other. It cuts dark magic damage in half, and cut normal damage down to 2/3 original damage, and who needs a lantern when your clothes are glowing? Swim with it, swim through lava with it, walk around in it, strut your stuff in it. Do whatever in this all-purpose tunic (dang I sound like the Billy Mays of the Zelda World, don't I?). This tunic was created and designed by the goddesses themselves and Link can only obtain this oh-so-wonderful (stealin lines from Clownbot) tunic by undergoing The Path of the Hero side dungeon. Is this stylish piece of clothing really worth it? Attempt the dungeon and find out for yourself! *additional service fees apply, offer not available Puerto Rico, Cuba, and Guam, cup holders cost an extra 50 rupees for installation*

That's it for the time being... time to think of a purpose for The Beacon.... if I'm gonna use that name at all.
Absolutely love all of the tunics you've devised... except the Golden Tunic. That just seems a little "too ultimate", if you ask me. There's a reason the Magic Armor was made with limited use - because they knew players would play with it only. The main tunic must always be Link's default. Of course, we can all work together to create a final, bonus tunic like such.

Just so you know, I started designing the radiation suit Tunic for the Fungal Forest last night. It's not turning out to be primarily dark green like you wanted, but other than that, it's entirely inspired by your description. I had in mind to make it reflect the colors of the fungus, so I'm sure you'll like the outcome.

The black/dark blue tunic is going to be awesome. No question about that ;)

As for the red tunic, since it's primary function is to insulate you in a cold environment, I can't help but see pieces of light-blue-silver on it, such as metal clasps and what not. It'll still be primarily red, but it can't look too much like the Goron tunic.
I said "leaves", not "forget". I meant the Errant gives Link his mask because he doesn't need it anymore for any reason.
It could possibly have the powers of the Lens of Truth. I have absolutely no idea what it could do. Would you like to improve on it, maybe? :)

Sorry, my mistake. The Snareshot utilizes a powerful spring loaded/coiled chain technology, just like the Hookshot and Clawshot. I should have also added that the along the end of (especially at the end of) the Snareshot is a set of barbs that allow more effective grappling.
The Errant's mask should not turn you into him, as there's no soul embedded in it (like the transformation masks in MM), but it should definitely give you some special abilities. I can't think of any right now, but I'm sure you guys can.

As for the Snareshot, I feel that a high-pressured, ultra-fiber bungee-cable could work well. This is the future after all. Chains aren't exactly the norm anymore.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Absolutely love all of the tunics you've devised... except the Golden Tunic. That just seems a little "too ultimate", if you ask me. There's a reason the Magic Armor was made with limited use - because they knew players would play with it only. The main tunic must always be Link's default. Of course, we can all work together to create a final, bonus tunic like such.

Just so you know, I started designing the radiation suit Tunic for the Fungal Forest last night. It's not turning out to be primarily dark green like you wanted, but other than that, it's entirely inspired by your description. I had in mind to make it reflect the colors of the fungus, so I'm sure you'll like the outcome.

The black/dark blue tunic is going to be awesome. No question about that ;)

As for the red tunic, since it's primary function is to insulate you in a cold environment, I can't help but see pieces of light-blue-silver on it, such as metal clasps and what not. It'll still be primarily red, but it can't look too much like the Goron tunic.
Sounds great. I love the light blue silver. Can't wait. And I was actually thinking the exact same thing about the Golden Tunic. Perhaps you can have a certain amount of time to use it before it switches you back to the standard tunic. That way, there will actually BE a point to it being all-purpose. And I was thinking that maybe this could be a tunic of all of them combined that you get at the end that you need in order to defeat the final boss (whoever that may be), because the FB's dark magic attacks hurt too much to fight without it, and I can remove the optional thing, making it mandatory to get this tunic for the FINAL LEVEL ONLY. That way you can have it on for as long as you want, but only once you get to the final level.

edit: If not, I have no problem with trashing the whole ultimate tunic idea altogether, as I'm not super fond of it or anything.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Sounds great. I love the light blue silver. Can't wait. And I was actually thinking the exact same thing about the Golden Tunic. Perhaps you can have a certain amount of time to use it before it switches you back to the standard tunic. That way, there will actually BE a point to it being all-purpose. And I was thinking that maybe this could be a tunic of all of them combined that you get at the end that you need in order to defeat the final boss (whoever that may be), because the FB's dark magic attacks hurt too much to fight without it, and I can remove the optional thing, making it mandatory to get this tunic for the FINAL LEVEL ONLY. That way you can have it on for as long as you want, but only once you get to the final level.

edit: If not, I have no problem with trashing the whole ultimate tunic idea altogether, as I'm not super fond of it or anything.
Sounds good. I'm already imagining what it might look like. Not Golden, but special-as-hell.

Also, speaking of Labrynna and Holodrum. I realized that a) they can't be attached to Hyrule, and b) they can't be attached to eachother, because at the end of each game, Link is seen setting sail away from one to reach the other. If they were attached to Hyrule, he could obviously just walk back.

EDIT: I added the tunics to the OP and renamed them as "Bio Tunic", "Pressure Tunic", and "Thermal Tunic". Sound good?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Sounds good. I'm already imagining what it might look like. Not Golden, but special-as-hell.

Also, speaking of Labrynna and Holodrum. I realized that a) they can't be attached to Hyrule, and b) they can't be attached to eachother, because at the end of each game, Link is seen setting sail away from one to reach the other. If they were attached to Hyrule, he could obviously just walk back.

EDIT: I added the tunics to the OP and renamed them as "Bio Tunic", "Pressure Tunic", and "Thermal Tunic". Sound good?
Sounds perfect. And yeah, I guess the developers just designed Labrynna and Holodrum to mirror each other in a way.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Here we go again.

The game opens over a cloudy day in hyrule. The camera goes through the canyon, radioactive forest, etc (except for the castle ruins)as it gets closer to the top of Death Mountain. People can be seen on the ground throughout the scene, as if they have to be almost nomadic to survive. The player may question this, until he sees a group wander into a large, greenish fog. The camera stops for a second as it shows them running, but they all fall down and die. Afterwards, it continues on its trek to Death Mountain.

When it reaches the top, the camera finally looks at the castle town ruins. Its wrecked, has green growths everywhere, etc. However, a bright light bursts through the top of one of the last surviving towers. It creates a huge explosion, but doesn't destroy anything. Rather, it has simply gone to another dimension, the sacred realm. The tower collapses. However, there are three shards of this light that survive. They are triangle shaped. They shoot out to three places in the world. The camera shows three hands, and they each receive one of the shards.

After that, the camera shows an overhead view of Hyrule field. The gases have started to evaporate throughout the field as the groups of people begin to cheer. They recognize their new freedom from their nomadic lifestyle.

15 years later.

The camera does the same trek through the world, but people are seen in the twns and areas as they work, rebuild, and live. However, there are some people with fins in the zora area, but not enough to be called a zora. Same with Death Mountain and the Gorons.

After the camera reaches the peak, the castle ruins still are abandoned and wrecked. A glint of light appears around the games starting point (haven't decided yet) and the camera rushes to ____ town/farm/valley/whatever. It centers on one of the hands that were in the opening cutscene, and then the camera is put behind his shoulder.

Now you begin the game as Link.

Sound good for an intro to the Ancient Hyrule thing I said earlier?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Here we go again.

The game opens over a cloudy day in hyrule. The camera goes through the canyon, radioactive forest, etc (except for the castle ruins)as it gets closer to the top of Death Mountain. People can be seen on the ground throughout the scene, as if they have to be almost nomadic to survive. The player may question this, until he sees a group wander into a large, greenish fog. The camera stops for a second as it shows them running, but they all fall down and die. Afterwards, it continues on its trek to Death Mountain.

When it reaches the top, the camera finally looks at the castle town ruins. Its wrecked, has green growths everywhere, etc. However, a bright light bursts through the top of one of the last surviving towers. It creates a huge explosion, but doesn't destroy anything. Rather, it has simply gone to another dimension, the sacred realm. The tower collapses. However, there are three shards of this light that survive. They are triangle shaped. They shoot out to three places in the world. The camera shows three hands, and they each receive one of the shards.

After that, the camera shows an overhead view of Hyrule field. The gases have started to evaporate throughout the field as the groups of people begin to cheer. They recognize their new freedom from their nomadic lifestyle.

15 years later.

The camera does the same trek through the world, but people are seen in the twns and areas as they work, rebuild, and live. However, there are some people with fins in the zora area, but not enough to be called a zora. Same with Death Mountain and the Gorons.

After the camera reaches the peak, the castle ruins still are abandoned and wrecked. A glint of light appears around the games starting point (haven't decided yet) and the camera rushes to ____ town/farm/valley/whatever. It centers on one of the hands that were in the opening cutscene, and then the camera is put behind his shoulder.

Now you begin the game as Link.

Sound good for an intro to the Ancient Hyrule thing I said earlier?
Had to listen to OoT intro theme just to make it more epic. Very nice, but I'm a tad confused on the Castle Town/Palace collapse thingamajigger. Why is it in ruins when this is supposedly the earliest point for Hyrule on the timeline?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I said "leaves", not "forget". I meant the Errant gives Link his mask because he doesn't need it anymore for any reason.
Ok, my bad, my English messes up every now and then so sometimes I understand things in a different way.

Mewter[/quote said:
It could possibly have the powers of the Lens of Truth. I have absolutely no idea what it could do. Would you like to improve on it, maybe? :)
Well, it should give Link a certain power that The Errant wields. What power that is, I don't know yet: the Errant should get a bit more characterized before we think of what powers his mask grants the wielder.

Mewter said:
Sorry, my mistake. The Snareshot utilizes a powerful spring loaded/coiled chain technology, just like the Hookshot and Clawshot. I should have also added that the along the end of (especially at the end of) the Snareshot is a set of barbs that allow more effective grappling.
-------------------
The Snareshot can be used as a lasso or the like after it is out to yank enemies toward him, simply because the technology of the steel chain is extremely strong and flexible, allowing for lots of movement. Link, being the expert he is, can avoid tangling it up.
Ah ok, so basically it's just an upgrade of the Hookshot/Clawshot items with a lasso-like option. But Spire makes a valid point: chains have been used over and over again in the Zelda games, maybe you could change those into something more futuristic.

Mewter said:
The Velocity Snareshot uses controlled bomb explosions in a chamber to propel the chain as in such a way a bullet is fired from a gun. The pressure of the explosion forcefully shoots the Snareshot chain outward at a higher speed, without losing its velocity as quickly and slowing down/going off course because of the loss of speed.
Well, that makes sense in a way yes. It would make the Snareshot much more suitable for combat.
toon_marth said:
Tunic 3: Black/Dark Blue tunic: Pressure relief tunic: This tunic is given to Link by the Zoras who want link to go to the underwater mining facility to rid the Selepria Sea of harmful oil toxins. In order for Link to breath underwater, it is equipped with an oxygen helmet, of course, but also is lined with a special type of metal which makes this tunic resistant to great pressure build up while scouring the ocean floor for the hidden abandoned mining facility. It also has a headlight on the helmet which pierces through the infinite darkness of the seabed. Never wear this tunic on land for too long, though, especially where there are enemies: it slows down Link's actions above water, so be careful.
The idea of a headlight opens up the idea of making some places of underwater Selepria dark and creepy. Zelda is gonna get scary, guys. I'm getting more and more interested in Selepria!
Spire III said:
What I see is like a Twinrova suit: half red, half white. Maybe it's a bit over the edge, but if you stick to so much red, it doesn't really look like it can both block heat out and keep it inside.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
The idea of a headlight opens up the idea of making some places of underwater Selepria dark and creepy. Zelda is gonna get scary, guys. I'm getting more and more interested in Selepria!
Exactly. In fact, the whole Underwater Mining Facility is pitch dark and full of dreadful, hair raising enemies around every turn. It's actually the player's job to find the room where you can activate the core lighting mechanism. And I have some side quest going in my head for underwater Selepria. Picture OoT bottom-of-the-well gets scarier and then filled with water so no torches can burn for light. Yes, that. I figured at least we can have Link get an interesting item here.

edit: I trust what Spire's doing with my tunic. I know he'll pick the right colors and whatnot. But I DO like the sound of red and white....hmmm...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Had to listen to OoT intro theme just to make it more epic. Very nice, but I'm a tad confused on the Castle Town/Palace collapse thingamajigger. Why is it in ruins when this is supposedly the earliest point for Hyrule on the timeline?
Because this idea is based off of the future hyrule idea where castle town is in ruins. Everything gets remade and such at the end.

Reread my original idea (its in the op) to see how it happens if you wish. I'm still working on the finer points of the idea, so it may change more by the end.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Because this idea is based off of the future hyrule idea where castle town is in ruins. Everything gets remade and such at the end.

Reread my original idea (its in the op) to see how it happens if you wish. I'm still working on the finer points of the idea, so it may change more by the end.
I see, I see. I will be awaiting more details, as I really did like your original idea.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
And I have some side quest going in my head for underwater Selepria. Picture OoT bottom-of-the-well gets scarier and then filled with water so no torches can burn for light. Yes, that. I figured at least we can have Link get an interesting item here.
Also, I was wondering about this since it isn't in your original description: how can Link move underwater with this suit? I mean, can he swim around with it? Because, imo, it would be cool to give it something like a Heavy Boots addition, allowing you to only walk over the bottom of the sea. This way, you have a small handicap since you can't swim, thus making it harder to avoid enemies. And well, if we make them scary as ****, that won't be nice.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Also, I was wondering about this since it isn't in your original description: how can Link move underwater with this suit? I mean, can he swim around with it? Because, imo, it would be cool to give it something like a Heavy Boots addition, allowing you to only walk over the bottom of the sea. This way, you have a small handicap since you can't swim, thus making it harder to avoid enemies. And well, if we make them scary as ****, that won't be nice.
IMO the deep sea should always be filled with spine-tingling creatures. But yes, I had in mind boots that are heavy to come with the suit, as the entrance to Facility is on the seabed. The bottom of the boots have mini jet propulsion systems, allowing you to move about the water as if you were swimming, only faster, and without having to take your boots off. I hated the iron boots: "Okay gotta walk along the bottom. No, wait I have to swim upwards, better take these off. Oh, great, more falling. Well, back on the iron boots go. Oh crap an enemy! Gotta get to a better spot but I can't cause of these friggin iron boots!" You see my point? Having a propulsion system would help tremendously.

edit: I just got an epic video in my mind of what strafing with these on underwater would look like.

Mewter

Smash Master
Maybe it works off of the energy released by defeated enemies in the final dungeon, so that it only has special properties when necessary?

The Errant's mask should not turn you into him, as there's no soul embedded in it (like the transformation masks in MM), but it should definitely give you some special abilities. I can't think of any right now, but I'm sure you guys can.
Electric Powers!
Just kidding.

As for the Snareshot, I feel that a high-pressured, ultra-fiber bungee-cable could work well. This is the future after all. Chains aren't exactly the norm anymore.
That makes sense. I'll change it to "Ultra-strong, flexible thread".

Coolio.

Exactly. In fact, the whole Underwater Mining Facility is pitch dark and full of dreadful, hair raising enemies around every turn. It's actually the player's job to find the room where you can activate the core lighting mechanism. And I have some side quest going in my head for underwater Selepria. Picture OoT bottom-of-the-well gets scarier and then filled with water so no torches can burn for light. Yes, that. I figured at least we can have Link get an interesting item here.
Good ideas.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Thank's Mewter. And here's an idea for a new boss: Naile, the Crystal Dragoon.

Boss of: Glass Chasm
Description: Naile (pronounced Nile) was once one of the most skilled of Hyrule's Dragoon unit. However, he began to become corrupt, and began abusing his influence over the land. He robbed villages and did other vile acts in the name of the Armed Forces of Hyrule. This brought great disgrace to the people of Hyrule, so one day the leader of the Hylian Army banished Naile to the Gerudo Desert. There he wandered aimlessly with his horse Kalyn. However, he was not to be free even after dying. His spirit became trapped within a crystal embodiment. He appears now as a faceless polygonal crystal figure carrying a lance. He took it upon himself to guard the glass chasm and all the beasts within it for eternity.

Strategy: First form: This battle takes place at the very bottom of the chasm, where you can see below the very core of the world. Naile waits for you at the bottom with his deadly axe in hand and and malice in heart. He can only be defeated with fire arrows. Shooting him in the chest weakens him, as glass and crystal become able to be sculpted when heat is applied. In the first round you fight Naile man to man, and he is invincible until you weaken him with fire arrows. Hit him 3 times once he is weakened/stunned. You must repeat this four times.

First form attacks: At first Naile will test your mettle. He will toy with you for a bit with a few meager swings of his axe. However, as the battle progresses he begins to hammer the ground with his axe which makes glass stalactites fall from who knows how far above. He will also imitate Link's spin attack when you use it, which is incredibly deadly, taking away 2 hearts per hit, so use spin attack sparingly if at all. He can also throw his axe at you like a boomerang.

Strategy: Second Form: This time around, Naile mounts his trusted steed, Kalyn, which is also made of crystal embodiment. He also uses a lance this time. He still maintains his pride, so he presents you with your own crystal horse to ride for the battle so the fight is fairer. This time, not even fire arrows will work. You must first, while riding a horse, use the edge razor, the item obtained in the glass chasm, to cut stalactites off the ceiling of the room. Once they begin to fall, quickly grab them in midair using the snareshot. Once you pull it back you must throw it like a football into the horse's side, halting the Dragoon temporarily. Use this as an opportunity to dash in next to him and slash, slash, slash away. Repeat this 3 times, with four hits per stun.

Second Form attacks: Naile is outraged from his defeat in your first showdown, and begins with his most deadly attacks. He pulls no punches for the whole fight, but his attacks gradually cool off. He begins by charging straight at you in a game of chicken, so if you don't wish to lose five hearts, then you lose this game and pull away. He has an unlimited stock of javelins for his projectile, so don't dilly-dally on your horse. He will stop and jab the life out of you with his lance if you're close enough, so if you avoid them that should give you an excellent opportunity to execute the strategy.

Once you defeat Naile, he attempts one last time destroy you, and brings down the whole room by stabbing his lance in the center. The room collapses, but a strange aura protects Link, bringing him to a room that seemed empty before the boss fight. There is now an open passageway were once was solid wall. Link enters the passageway, goes through the hallway to find his precious heart container and next whatever it is you're collecting.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Maybe there are monstrous mountains between them so that they are impassable and the only way to get to them is via boat?

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
The Snareshot utilizes a powerful spring loaded/coiled chain technology, just like the Hookshot and Clawshot. I should have also added that the along the end of (especially at the end of) the Snareshot is a set of barbs that allow more effective grappling.

The Velocity Snareshot uses controlled bomb explosions in a chamber to propel the chain as in such a way a bullet is fired from a gun. The pressure of the explosion forcefully shoots the Snareshot chain outward at a higher speed, without losing its velocity as quickly and slowing down/going off course because of the loss of speed.

The Snareshot can be used as a lasso or the like after it is out to yank enemies toward him, simply because the technology of the steel chain is extremely strong and flexible, allowing for lots of movement. Link, being the expert he is, can avoid tangling it up.

I'll try to draw it.
Instead of having just a snare-shot, why dont we make the hook-shot with different "apps" for lack of a better word. I was thinking of a kind of magnetic hook shot to go with the Death Mountain temple, but then I saw that we were all basically coming out with the same ideas: Hookshot-like items.

... Oh crap, I double posted! I'm sorry!

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Instead of having just a snare-shot, why dont we make the hook-shot with different "apps" for lack of a better word. I was thinking of a kind of magnetic hook shot to go with the Death Mountain temple, but then I saw that we were all basically coming out with the same ideas: Hookshot-like items.

... Oh crap, I double posted! I'm sorry!
It all starts with double posting... then you end up like PennyWise! But like was said earlier... I think the advanced civilization of Hyrule is past chains.

Mewter

Smash Master
It all starts with double posting... the you end up like PennyWise! But like was said earlier... I think the advanced civilization of Hyrule is past chains.
I rewrote the Snareshot Description:
Snareshot:
This is an even more advanced Clawshot, nineteen hundred years in the making.
The snare shot can shoot just a little farther than the Clawshot (the most physically possible at that velocity without a deviation). When out, the steel-hard but flexible material can be used to strike at enemies and used as a lasso.

The Snareshot utilizes a powerful spring loaded/coiled cord technology, kind of like the Hookshot and Clawshot. Along the end of (especially at the end of) the Snareshot is a set of barbs that allow more effective grappling.

It can be used as a lasso or the like after it is out to yank enemies toward you, simply because the technology of the material is extremely strong and flexible, allowing for lots of movement. Link, being the expert he is, can avoid tangling it up.

Velocity Snareshot:
This Snareshot goes 1.5 times as far as the normal Snareshot, using controlled explosives to fire. It uses up a bomb every time you fire.

The Velocity Snareshot uses controlled bomb explosions in a chamber to propel the chain as in such a way a bullet is fired from a gun. The pressure of the explosion forcefully shoots the Snareshot "chain" outward at a higher speed, without losing its velocity as quickly and slowing down/going off course because of the loss of speed.

Picture of the Snareshot?

The normal one doesn't have the bomb slot at the top.
It requires two hands to work (one for holding it steady, another to wear it).
It works by pulling the metal bar, which flips on a set of switches. The switches turn on advanced (completely safe) nuclear reactors which power a powerful magnet which shoots/powerfully repels the cord (which has an iron tip at the end of it)

The Velocity Snareshot doesn't use the reactor and magnet, but instead uses bombs, which are more powerful than the magnet.
The Snareshot is no longer like the Hookshot and Clawshot in the way that it uses chains. It now uses a special, flexible, bungee cord-like rope.
How's that sound?

That's a good idea. Maybe it just comes naturally with the Velocity Snareshot? The only thing it has going for it right now is wasting bombs and going further. :laugh:
I'm for it. I wonder what Spire has to say about the apps?

This sounds awesome!

Clownbot

Smash Lord

Description: Naile (pronounced Nile) was once one of the most skilled of Hyrule's Dragoon unit. However, he began to become corrupt, and began abusing his influence over the land. He robbed villages and did other vile acts in the name of the Armed Forces of Hyrule. This brought great disgrace to the people of Hyrule, so one day the leader of the Hylian Army banished Naile to the Gerudo Desert. There he wandered aimlessly with his horse Kalyn. However, he was not to be free even after dying. His spirit became trapped within a crystal embodiment. He appears now as a faceless polygonal crystal figure carrying a lance. He took it upon himself to guard the glass chasm and all the beasts within it for eternity.

Strategy: First form: This battle takes place at the very bottom of the chasm, where you can see below the very core of the world. Naile waits for you at the bottom with his deadly axe in hand and and malice in heart. He can only be defeated with fire arrows. Shooting him in the chest weakens him, as glass and crystal become able to be sculpted when heat is applied. In the first round you fight Naile man to man, and he is invincible until you weaken him with fire arrows. Hit him 3 times once he is weakened/stunned. You must repeat this four times.

First form attacks: At first Naile will test your mettle. He will toy with you for a bit with a few meager swings of his axe. However, as the battle progresses he begins to hammer the ground with his axe which makes glass stalactites fall from who knows how far above. He will also imitate Link's spin attack when you use it, which is incredibly deadly, taking away 2 hearts per hit, so use spin attack sparingly if at all. He can also throw his axe at you like a boomerang.

Strategy: Second Form: This time around, Naile mounts his trusted steed, Kalyn, which is also made of crystal embodiment. He also uses a lance this time. He still maintains his pride, so he presents you with your own crystal horse to ride for the battle so the fight is fairer. This time, not even fire arrows will work. You must first, while riding a horse, use the edge razor, the item obtained in the glass chasm, to cut stalactites off the ceiling of the room. Once they begin to fall, quickly grab them in midair using the snareshot. Once you pull it back you must throw it like a football into the horse's side, halting the Dragoon temporarily. Use this as an opportunity to dash in next to him and slash, slash, slash away. Repeat this 3 times, with four hits per stun.

Second Form attacks: Naile is outraged from his defeat in your first showdown, and begins with his most deadly attacks. He pulls no punches for the whole fight, but his attacks gradually cool off. He begins by charging straight at you in a game of chicken, so if you don't wish to lose five hearts, then you lose this game and pull away. He has an unlimited stock of javelins for his projectile, so don't dilly-dally on your horse. He will stop and jab the life out of you with his lance if you're close enough, so if you avoid them that should give you an excellent opportunity to execute the strategy.

Once you defeat Naile, he attempts one last time destroy you, and brings down the whole room by stabbing his lance in the center. The room collapses, but a strange aura protects Link, bringing him to a room that seemed empty before the boss fight. There is now an open passageway were once was solid wall. Link enters the passageway, goes through the hallway to find his precious heart container and next whatever it is you're collecting.

Any questions or comments are welcome.
So no Golossand? :(

Lol, just kidding even though I'd like my boss to somehow be incorporated, the idea sounds great. :bee:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Golossand must be a sub-boss to Naile (I kind of oppose the spelling) then. I know usually the larger boss isn't the sub-boss, but in this case, it's an intelligent man with a giant golem as his guardian.

Customizable Hookshot apps = amazing idea. Aside from his sword, it should be his key tool. I'm thinking there should be five different ways to customize it.

1. Standard
2. Snare (can grab)
3. Magnet (latch onto metal)
4. ______
5. ______

Also, I'm honestly not too keen on the Fire, Ice, and Light arrows. I'd like to see some new types. Shock arrows are the obvious choice for a new type, but any better ideas? I'm sure there are.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Golossand must be a sub-boss to Naile (I kind of oppose the spelling) then. I know usually the larger boss isn't the sub-boss, but in this case, it's an intelligent man with a giant golem as his guardian.
Actually, Golossand as a sub-boss would be kind of interesting.

Also, about the Forest boss I said I might come up with, I can't think of much outside the realms of a giant fungal Deku Baba
*looks at Kalle Demos and Diababa*
and that seems a tad overdone. Maybe we could give him some new powers or something, I don't know. I was also thinking that you would somehow have to utilize the reactors in the battle, but you guys can decide on that.

EDIT: New arrows? How about

-Shadow Arrows (works on enemies that utilize dark magic; may be cliched, though)
-Metal Arrows (arrows made of metal wire; can penetrate certain thick-skinned enemies that regular arrows can't)

I'll think up more later.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Hmm, Golossand wasn't in the OP, must have missed your post about it. And @ Spire: I don't care spell it however you want and that can be the official spelling.

edit: As for new arrows, how about Zephyr arrows? They command the wind, piercing straight through it and causing a large gust of wind.

edit 2: I have no problem handing main Glass Chasm boss over to Clownbot's Golossand, as he was here first. I just didn't know.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I think Golossand wasn't in the OP because not ALL of us agreed on it, but I don't mind Naile being the main boss. We could take a vote, but as of right now, Naile's more fleshed-out, anyway, so he'd prolly be better.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I think Golossand wasn't in the OP because not ALL of us agreed on it, but I don't mind Naile being the main boss. We could take a vote, but as of right now, Naile's more fleshed-out, anyway, so he'd prolly be better.
I see. Oh and here are some alternate spellings of Naile: Nihle, Nihil, Neihl, Nahil. If nothing else I can rename him.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Naile should be the boss. I'd love to see Link fight an equal. Dark Link could be another sub-boss, as he comes from the reflections in the glass.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Naile should be the boss. I'd love to see Link fight an equal. Dark Link could be another sub-boss, as he comes from the reflections in the glass.
Glass Chasm is turning out pretty epic. I would love to see some concept art but I realize that wouldn't be too easy. And Dark Link sounds cool... but I don't really want to go too far with him. I don't want him to turn into a Dark Samus rip-off. :p

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Come to think of it, I don't even have a general perception of how Golossand would look; Would he be like the giant Selepria Serpent boss to the Desert Worms? :ohwell:

I like the idea of Dark Link being used in the Glass Desert/Chasm. Matter of fact, what if Naile and Golossand's battles were fused together for DL to be a sub-boss?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, I don't even have a general perception of how Golossand would look; Would he be like the giant Selepria Serpent boss to the Desert Worms? :ohwell:

I like the idea of Dark Link being used in the Glass Desert/Chasm. Matter of fact, what if Naile and Golossand's battles were fused together for DL to be a sub-boss?
Hmm, I see what you're getting at. Scrap Naile's first form and make his second form become the first part of the boss fight, and make Golossand the second form: Naile's transformation.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Gollossand isn't a worm at all :ohwell: He's a giant golem made of glass, rock, and sand.

And toon_marth, don't you know that Dark Samus is a ripoff of Dark Link? Have you never played the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time?

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I got my first warning... I better not double post again.
It would be refreshing to have an intelligent boss of a temple. I think besides Ganondorf, the only other intelligent bosses were Kotake and Koume (Which are my favorite characters in Zelda ever.)

So perhaps This guy could have diologue? It's a simple idea, but it would make a WORLD of difference with the temple in general.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Gollossand isn't a worm at all :ohwell: He's a giant golem made of glass, rock, and sand.

And toon_marth, don't you know that Dark Samus is a ripoff of Dark Link? Have you never played the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time?
Of course. Holy crap. I can't believe I just posted that. Never mind I completely forgot OoT came waaay before Metroid Prime. Oh, and Zaneeba... wait never mind. I forget.

edit: Oh yeah. Zaneeba, he can, no will have dialogue. Remember that he DID use to be a person.

Mewter

Smash Master
What if Gollossand had a central core and the power to just drop everything around it and pull a new body out of the ground?
Just an idea.:ohwell: Depends on what you guys think.

As for Sub-Boss Dark Link, Mirror Smashing Time!
Just kidding.

I got my first warning... I better not double post again.
It would be refreshing to have an intelligent boss of a temple. I think besides Ganondorf, the only other intelligent bosses were Kotake and Koume (Which are my favorite characters in Zelda ever.)

So perhaps This guy could have diologue? It's a simple idea, but it would make a WORLD of difference with the temple in general.
That would make the boss fight fun. What's his motive/reason for being where he is, though? It would be nice to have a backstory.
I'm totally clueless right now. :laugh:

EDIT: New arrows? How about

-Shadow Arrows (works on enemies that utilize dark magic; may be cliched, though)
-Metal Arrows (arrows made of metal wire; can penetrate almost any of the thin-skinned enemies)

I'll think up more later.
That sounds cool. Aren't Light Arrows already supposed to be effective against dark creatures, though?

The metal arrows sound cool. Should they have paralyzing effects on the enemy?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
What if Gollossand had a central core and the power to just drop everything around it and pull a new body out of the ground?
Just an idea.:ohwell: Depends on what you guys think.

As for Sub-Boss Dark Link, Mirror Smashing Time!
Just kidding.

That would make the boss fight fun. What's his motive/reason for being where he is, though? It would be nice to have a backstory.
I'm totally clueless right now. :laugh:

That sounds cool. Aren't Light Arrows already supposed to be effective against dark creatures, though?

The metal arrows sound cool. Should they have paralyzing effects on the enemy?
Sure, ignore MY arrow post. *pout face*

Jk, but I like the metal arrow idea, Clownbot... buuuut I'm not sure of the purpose...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
How about a Dark Link Battle where it's a huge area and dark links keep pouring out of a large mirror. You have to fight your way through almost an entire swarm of dark links in order to get to it, and the fights will act like they are 1 v 1, with the other link's circling them. They slowly get stronger/smarter as you get closer to the mirror. At the end, they all merge and you have to climb on top of the giant dark link witht he hookshot and stab it in the head (similar to mario galaxy's boss fight).

After beating it, you have to bomb several points on the mirror before another giant comes out. Anyone else like this?

Oh, and any more opinions on my idea for the intro for Ancient Future Hyrule? Lol.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think Nihal (let's spell his name like so from now on) should still be human. He's not the main antagonist (probably Ganondorf), nor does he have any relation to him. He wants to enslave the Gorons to harvest the power from the Glass Chasm to build an army of Gollossi to take over Hyrule, as each would serve as a walking super-magnifying glass behemoth, but fortunately, the only functioning one is the sub-boss, guarding a specific room in the Glass Chasm.

@ Werekill - I was imagining the Dark Link fight play somewhat similarly to the Phantom Ganon fight in the Forest Temple. You're in a room made entirely of glass-crystals, and he can appear from any of your countless reflections in the many facets of the walls, ceiling, etc. In this legend (still not going to refer to this as a game), he is an embodiment of the dark stigma that Nihal has cast over this room, so that anyone who enters it must face a shadow version of themselves. Many have been executed by this doppleganger effect, so bleached skeletons line the walls.

The Glass Chasm can be treated as the "fire" dungeon of this project, seeing as how the glass is a) baked by the sun, and b) magnifies the heat through ever prism of glass, so the deeper you go, the hotter it actually gets. Also, you guys realize that the Glass Chasm takes place entirely under the desert, yes? It is a naturally forming cavernous system made of glass, rock, and sand. A number of Gorons have been enslaved and were forced to build a palace into the chasm, so some of it has been shaped with jeweled cobblestone to resemble a place of royalty.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
How about a Dark Link Battle where it's a huge area and dark links keep pouring out of a large mirror. You have to fight your way through almost an entire swarm of dark links in order to get to it, and the fights will act like they are 1 v 1, with the other link's circling them. They slowly get stronger/smarter as you get closer to the mirror. At the end, they all merge and you have to climb on top of the giant dark link witht he hookshot and stab it in the head (similar to mario galaxy's boss fight).

After beating it, you have to bomb several points on the mirror before another giant comes out. Anyone else like this?

Oh, and any more opinions on my idea for the intro for Ancient Future Hyrule? Lol.
lol kingdom hearts

But this sounds cool.... my only problem with it is that why would there be a mob of Dark Links? There's only one DL. Now, if the multiple Links were just illusions of the mirrors, that'd be dandy. But having a swarm of MATERIAL DLs... I dunno about it. It just sounds like something that would frustrate the heck outta me as a gamer. Maybe it's a really great idea and I'm just being anal. :mad:

edit: Oh, lookie there, Spire posted while I was typing. Yes, I like that spelling better. It's official. And that sounds great. I'll mark that off as another perfect Spire III idea.
Spire III. MAN I've always wondered where that name came from. I know it's irrelevant, but still. Was there a spire II?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
@ Werekill - I was imagining the Dark Link fight play somewhat similarly to the Phantom Ganon fight in the Forest Temple. You're in a room made entirely of glass-crystals, and he can appear from any of your countless reflections in the many facets of the walls, ceiling, etc. In this legend (still not going to refer to this as a game), he is an embodiment of the dark stigma that Nihal has cast over this room, so that anyone who enters it must face a shadow version of themselves. Many have been executed by this doppleganger effect, so bleached skeletons line the walls.
Good idea. Maybe the dark link in my version can be something that ganon uses in hyrule field to try and kill you on your way to the finale? As in, you fight all the dark links on horseback and then do the big dark link finale right before you get to your destination/the giant mirror. It would be pretty cool.

He may have stolen the magic/technology to create the dopplegangers from Nihal.

Clownbot

Smash Lord

Woooow, how the hell did I forget that? :mad:

Also, Spire, have you ever played AoL all the way through
where Dark Link is a boss??
? :mad:

Finally, I was designing a chart of all the temples & dungeons; various enemies that can be found there, items that are needed to get through, and bosses and sub-bosses. Expect it to be posted in the next few days.

Yeah, I always wondered where Spire's username came from also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom