• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Cool.

I just had an idea. How about I wait to put up most of my ancient hyrule stuff and just simply wait for another project? This one already makes too much sense as it is.
As long as you don't toss it. I'd love to read it someday, so keep working on it on the side. It'd be great to explore an actual ancient Hyrule somewhere down the road.

Yeah, dungeon order will probably play out as follows:
- Jungle Temple (Hylia Canyon)
- Frozen Reactor (Death Mountain)
- Deep-Sea Mining Facility (Selepria)
- Labrynna: 3 dungeons
- Destroyed Reactor (Fungal Forest)
- Cliffside Temple (Northern Steppes)
- __________ (Hyrule: Oasidjali Island)
- Holodrum: 3 dungeons
- Glass Chasm (Hyrule: Glass Desert)
- Subterranean Hyrule City Ruins (Hyrule)
- The Past (Hyrule: Hyrule City)
- Final Conflict

NOTES:
- Also, we need to devise several dungeons for both Labrynna and Holodrum (we need to make an equal-size and content write up for it too) and figure out a way to squeeze them in, which means... we need to begin writing a story. Nihal must originate earlier on in the game, but is not faced til the Glass Chasm.

- The Northern Steppes is a "staircase leveled" like area of Snowpeak that has lost most of its snow, revealing a large temple built into the mountain by an ancient civilization never before known in history.

- Oasidjali (wah-see-jah-lee) Island is a massive coral buildup as seen in the background of the landscape portrait of Selepria. Zoras have relocated here, but face a threat of some sort. No idea what the dungeon here is going to be.

EDIT: I have a proposition. How would you guys feel if we opened this project up to Zelda Universe, bridging our community with theirs, and introducing the forums to one another? Members over there could attach themselves to this project, but they would not have the power to change what we've established so far. Nothing would be at harm. Again, this is just a question, and truthfully, I don't swing either way. It's up to you guys.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I got my first warning... I better not double post again.
So did I, probally because my signature was longer than my post. My first infraction in 3 years of activity on this forum:urg:
Clownbot said:
-Metal Arrows (arrows made of metal wire; can penetrate almost any of the thin-skinned enemies)
But that doesn't really give them any advantage over regular arrows, right? I mean, normal arrows can penetrate all enemies with a 'weak' body, not the big badasses. So they don't sound that special to me. Maybe it's better to make them able to penetrate through thick armor?
Spire III said:
Nihal must originate earlier on in the game, but is not faced til the Glass Chasm.
Well, since we already put some Gerudo signs on the Mirror Wizzrobe who appears in this dungeon, how about he also is a descendant from the Gerudos? I still haven't heared what we are going to do with this race in this legend though: are Gerudos still up and running or have they (almost) gone extinct? If so, maybe Nihal can be the last of them (except for Ganondorf obviously).
Spire III said:
EDIT: I have a proposition. How would you guys feel if we opened this project up to Zelda Universe, bridging our community with theirs, and introducing the forums to one another? Members over there could attach themselves to this project, but they would not have the power to change what we've established so far. Nothing would be at harm. Again, this is just a question, and truthfully, I don't swing either way. It's up to you guys.
Well, I'm not sure about this. For starters, how are we going to do this collaboration? And how much influence are they going to have on the project? Personally, I'd like to keep this project just for SWF. We could, however, use some more people to help desigining stuff.
But don't let one negative opinion let you throw this idea out of the window: if the others agree with you, just go ahead and do it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm not so sure. Personally I'm a bit skeptical because arguments are bound to arise. This should probably just be SWF, and we shouldn't try to change that since we've already begun with no problem. Risking the project with another forum may not work. But who knows? Maybe we could give it a try.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Dude, you need to catch up with a lot. Read the Synopsis in the OP. Maybe it'll explain a lot you're not clear on.

And you need to go back to Seinfeld.
Kk. I have a tendency to say things before I think.

Also, I've had that avatar for much too long.

But that doesn't really give them any advantage over regular arrows, right? I mean, normal arrows can penetrate all enemies with a 'weak' body, not the big badasses. So they don't sound that special to me. Maybe it's better to make them able to penetrate through thick armor?
I edited the post where the idea was. The fact that what I wrote didn't make much sense sort of shot by me. :laugh:

Reading comprehension is not my friend. I apologize if any of you are getting short with me. :laugh:

Mewter

Smash Master
Give it a shot. If anything bad happens, then we can just withdraw, no harm done.
I'm going to try actually drawing and scanning in a boss idea for the Oasidjali boss.
Maybe there's some kind of creature there boiling the water...
Ideas, anyone?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sorry, didn't notice this until Mewter's reply. Since we've already started this project, it might be best to hold off for now, but maybe we can present it to them when we're finished with the project, OR we can start a new one when we're finished with this, and do it with/at the Zelda Universe forums.

@Mewter: Something stereotypically African-based will do. >_>

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Well, Spire, I don't think it would hurt to give it a shot. I'll save the OP as it is right before they join, and if things become a mess, we can always break ties with them and revert to how it was before them and start off from there. Of course, all we are really in need of for the time being is new artists.

Oh, and here's an idea for Oasidjali Temple (if we decide to go with it), and it may sound a lttile cliche, but here goes. Okay, Oasidjali reef has become one of the only safe havens for fleeing Zoras. However, this isle was said to be cursed 100s of years ago, and are actually home to a fortress of notorious pirates, a group called..... ugh I have writer's block, we'll name it later. These pirates are the ancestors of the Gerudos who dwelt near the desert, before it became too hot for even them. However, these so-called "New Gerudos" have little to no respect for their traditions, and have recruited some male members, one, namingly being Seigmond (pronounced sig-mund) The Slayer. Seigmond is swordsman who specializes in the use of straight edge, ninjato-like swords, but also makes use of his trusty phase hand gun. He has fiery personality, and it doesn't take much to set him off, making him a tough adversary. He doesn't have any respect whatsoever for the female Gerudos, and tends to boss them around, feeling they are inferior beings. Seigmond wears a weather-beaten journeyman's cloak and simple pirate shirt and pant that resemble denim material. He has long, black hair and cold, brown eyes, and, despite being a pirate, he has an unnaturally clear complexion (for a pirate). He could be a sub boss of Oasidjali Temple/Fortress, and once defeated, he could yield his blaster to you as an item (not sure what it would do). There could also be one point in the game where there is a big battle between the Zora's and the pirates (still need a name) for Oasidjali Reef, which you get to see most of in a cinematic cutscene.

Maybe the blaster could stun people, instead of making a specific type of arrow. We don't have to get a gun, if it just doesn't feel like Zelda.

edit: Maybe we can make this a unique boss fight by making the pirates finally realize they need to stop making trouble and fight with Link and the Zoras to defeat the boss of the temple, who I'm assuming Mewter is going to make. Seigmond the Slayer actually helps Link in this boss fight, him doing one half of the defeat strategy and Link having to work together to do the other. Maybe. Just a thought.

Mewter

Smash Master
Well, Spire, I don't think it would hurt to give it a shot. I'll save the OP as it is right before they join, and if things become a mess, we can always break ties with them and revert to how it was before them and start off from there. Of course, all we are really in need of for the time being is new artists.

Oh, and here's an idea for Oasidjali Temple (if we decide to go with it), and it may sound a lttile cliche, but here goes. Okay, Oasidjali reef has become one of the only safe havens for fleeing Zoras. However, this isle was said to be cursed 100s of years ago, and are actually home to a fortress of notorious pirates, a group called..... ugh I have writer's block, we'll name it later. These pirates are the ancestors of the Gerudos who dwelt near the desert, before it became too hot for even them. However, these so-called "New Gerudos" have little to no respect for their traditions, and have recruited some male members, one, namingly being Seigmond (pronounced sig-mund) The Slayer. Seigmond is swordsman who specializes in the use of straight edge, ninjato-like swords, but also makes use of his trusty phase hand gun. He has fiery personality, and it doesn't take much to set him off, making him a tough adversary. He doesn't have any respect whatsoever for the female Gerudos, and tends to boss them around, feeling they are inferior beings. Seigmond wears a weather-beaten journeyman's cloak and simple pirate shirt and pant that resemble denim material. He has long, black hair and cold, brown eyes, and, despite being a pirate, he has an unnaturally clear complexion (for a pirate). He could be a sub boss of Oasidjali Temple/Fortress, and once defeated, he could yield his blaster to you as an item (not sure what it would do). There could also be one point in the game where there is a big battle between the Zora's and the pirates (still need a name) for Oasidjali Reef, which you get to see most of in a cinematic cutscene.

Maybe the blaster could stun people, instead of making a specific type of arrow. We don't have to get a gun, if it just doesn't feel like Zelda.

edit: Maybe we can make this a unique boss fight by making the pirates finally realize they need to stop making trouble and fight with Link and the Zoras to defeat the boss of the temple, who I'm assuming Mewter is going to make. Seigmond the Slayer actually helps Link in this boss fight, him doing one half of the defeat strategy and Link having to work together to do the other. Maybe. Just a thought.
To keep it Zelda-ish, some of the pirates should be a bit fun and eccentric. That's just my opinion, though. I like the cooperation idea though. It should also be a very small challenge to keep your partner alive (or he just guards the outside.)

I completed some kind of concept art, but I need to scan it in.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
To keep it Zelda-ish, some of the pirates should be a bit fun and eccentric. That's just my opinion, though. I like the cooperation idea though. It should also be a very small challenge to keep your partner alive (or he just guards the outside.)

I completed some kind of concept art, but I need to scan it in.
Yeah, they will be, and they the pirates can actually become your friends. But they don't really do anything except not attack Link. But I think we should adopt a 60/40 Zelda/Future ratio. 60% Classic Zelda, 40% Futuristic. Kind of like the animators of Disney's Treasure Planet did to convert old to new. They used 70/30 I believe.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Alright, pirates at Oasidjali it is. Perhaps the Zora send a distress call to the mainland, asking for assistance, and so Link travels there via a ship provided by The Beacon (should they have a lighthouse on the Selepria Coast?).

I want Zaneeba to design the pirate captain. As for what race the pirates are - I say they be composed of all sorts of -fos, like Lizalfos, Stalfos, Wolfos (somewhat intelligent ones), and even Moblins. The dungeon will probably be the large reef itself, as it is currently a battleground and not a haven. I'd like to treat this dungeon similarly to the Well from OoT; a mini-dungeon. The captain should be the boss, and the only boss, since it's a mini-dungeon.

As for Zelda Universe, we'll hold off on presenting it to them right now. Until we get much more completed, and a firmer base constructed, it should not be brought to their attention.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Alright, pirates at Oasidjali it is. Perhaps the Zora send a distress call to the mainland, asking for assistance, and so Link travels there via a ship provided by The Beacon (should they have a lighthouse on the Selepria Coast?).

I want Zaneeba to design the pirate captain. As for what race the pirates are - I say they be composed of all sorts of -fos, like Lizalfos, Stalfos, Wolfos (somewhat intelligent ones), and even Moblins. The dungeon will probably be the large reef itself, as it is currently a battleground and not a haven. I'd like to treat this dungeon similarly to the Well from OoT; a mini-dungeon. The captain should be the boss, and the only boss, since it's a mini-dungeon.
Okie Dokie nice revision. And yeah, I like the idea of The Beacon actually having, well, a beacon. The Selepria Lighthouse will be their HQ from now on. As for -fos only pirates... I really must say I'm less than ecstatic. Moblins and Stalfos sound alright... but I don't know... Lizalfos pirates? And I was hoping we could use Seigmond. I want another human character who is actually cool... and not Link's friend. I was kinda seeing him as maybe Link's rival.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Meh, I don't really like pirates... You guys figure this thing out without me then;)

Also, Spire, I was thinking about making one big post every week to put down everything we have come up with in the past week, like one big summary. We'd put every idea there, plus the things that still need to be added to the ideas (like artwork, further details, meaning to the plot etcetera). If you'd like, I would like to do this once the first week has passed. I think this can bring a lot of structure to our brainstorm and that it can help us perfecting some of the concepts. Whaddaya say?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Okie Dokie nice revision. And yeah, I like the idea of The Beacon actually having, well, a beacon. The Selepria Lighthouse will be their HQ from now on. As for -fos only pirates... I really must say I'm less than ecstatic. Moblins and Stalfos sound alright... but I don't know... Lizalfos pirates? And I was hoping we could use Seigmond. I want another human character who is actually cool... and not Link's friend. I was kinda seeing him as maybe Link's rival.
Alright, that's simply my idea. You guys can work it out however you want. Again, my ideas should be treated on an equal level with yours. I'm not superior.
Meh, I don't really like pirates... You guys figure this thing out without me then;)

Also, Spire, I was thinking about making one big post every week to put down everything we have come up with in the past week, like one big summary. We'd put every idea there, plus the things that still need to be added to the ideas (like artwork, further details, meaning to the plot etcetera). If you'd like, I would like to do this once the first week has passed. I think this can bring a lot of structure to our brainstorm and that it can help us perfecting some of the concepts. Whaddaya say?
I support. If you have the time and can actually do this, I feel that it'd be an incredible asset to the project.

toon_marth

Smash Ace

It's just a mini dungeon, so it won't take us long to develop. Well, it shouldn't, but you never know what could happen.

edit: Idea for an enemy in the Pirate Fortress Oasidjali: Nightmare Spirit: Nightmare Spirits are by far some of the most gruesome, incredibly frightening creatures in Hyrule. These Spirits are the very embodiment of the curse on Oasidjali Isle. They dwell anywhere. they could pop out of walls, they could be hiding in a pot, or around the corner waiting to scare the living daylights out of you, and strike when you're paralyzed with fear. These creatures have the effect of paralysis if they catch you off guard (kind of like mummies from OoT) and proceed to steal 2 hearts per attack from poor Link. They look like wraiths at first, nothing but shadowy blobs of figureless darkness at first, but get too close and they immediately transform into hideous phantoms. They have a secret meeting room somewhere in the caverns, and the vile shrieking can be heard from that room all the way from the entrance. They can only be destroyed with four hits from the lvl 2 sword and six hits of the lvl 1 sword, when they take shape.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's just a mini dungeon, so it won't take us long to develop. Well, it shouldn't, but you never know what could happen.

edit: Idea for an enemy in the Pirate Fortress Oasidjali: Nightmare Spirit: Nightmare Spirits are by far some of the most gruesome, incredibly frightening creatures in Hyrule. These Spirits are the very embodiment of the curse on Oasidjali Isle. They dwell anywhere. they could pop out of walls, they could be hiding in a pot, or around the corner waiting to scare the living daylights out of you, and strike when you're paralyzed with fear. These creatures have the effect of paralysis if they catch you off guard (kind of like mummies from OoT) and proceed to steal 2 hearts per attack from poor Link. They look like wraiths at first, nothing but shadowy blobs of figureless darkness at first, but get too close and they immediately transform into hideous phantoms. They have a secret meeting room somewhere in the caverns, and the vile shrieking can be heard from that room all the way from the entrance. They can only be destroyed with four hits from the lvl 2 sword and six hits of the lvl 1 sword, when they take shape.
This is turning too much into Pirates of the Caribbean. The "haunted" dungeon should be the Deep Sea Mining Facility, and being the third dungeon, if this were a game, it could scare the hell out of players. Either that, or we make the Cliffside Temple in Snowpeak the haunted one, since its civilization died thousands of years prior.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
This is turning too much into Pirates of the Caribbean. The "haunted" dungeon should be the Deep Sea Mining Facility, and being the third dungeon, if this were a game, it could scare the hell out of players. Either that, or we make the Cliffside Temple in Snowpeak the haunted one, since its civilization died thousands of years prior.
I like Pirates of the Caribbean. T_T

On a more serious note, okay, put the Nightmare Spirit in The Underwater mining Facility. It would fit better there, anyway.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
:urg: Man, I've kind of grown apart from this project... I still post frequently, but I feel like I'm contributing very little. I'll still frequent this thread to give my opinion and maybe post a little idea or two, but from this point on, I won't be able to contribute anything major to it (as if I ever did... :laugh:).

See you guys later, I guess... :urg:

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I like Pirates of the Caribbean. T_T
So do I, but that movie is totally different from the Zelda series, especially a Zelda story that takes place in the future;)

I have a question about the climate in this legend. Spire posted somewhere that Death Mountain has completely frozen over and we all agreed on this. In that same post, he posted that Kakariko is now covered in snow. However, I think we're getting a bit controversial here if we turn Kakariko into a chilly area while Snowpeak changes into the Northern Steps and the Gerudo Dessert gets so hot it creates glass. Should we blame the cold climate in Kakariko on the Frozen Reactor in Death Mountain? Maybe that was Spire's intention all along but I didn't quite catch it, just wanna make sure we're on the same page here.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
:urg: Man, I've kind of grown apart from this project... I still post frequently, but I feel like I'm contributing very little. I'll still frequent this thread to give my opinion and maybe post a little idea or two, but from this point on, I won't be able to contribute anything major to it (as if I ever did... :laugh:).

I have only posted one idea untill now. However, I think it's more important to give feedback on concepts than to actually come up with brand new ones. Concepts are usually raw sketches, they need to be perfected and the best way to do that is by having different people analyse them.
So, imo, saying what you think about suggestions from other members is as important as coming up with brand new ideas. So don't you dare to leave!

EDIT: Ah man, this is even gonna cost me another infraction :( Now you can't leave at all, Clownbot: I had to sacrifice myself to convince you to stay:mad:

toon_marth

Smash Ace

Nooooooo! Clownbot, you were one of my favorite posters! I hate to see you give up so soon. And your advice back there really helped me.

edit @ Kujirudo: Yes, that was the intention, I believe. And you just double posted. :urg:

Spire

III
BRoomer
So do I, but that movie is totally different from the Zelda series, especially a Zelda story that takes place in the future;)

I have a question about the climate in this legend. Spire posted somewhere that Death Mountain has completely frozen over and we all agreed on this. In that same post, he posted that Kakariko is now covered in snow. However, I think we're getting a bit controversial here if we turn Kakariko into a chilly area while Snowpeak changes into the Northern Steps and the Gerudo Dessert gets so hot it creates glass. Should we blame the cold climate in Kakariko on the Frozen Reactor in Death Mountain? Maybe that was Spire's intention all along but I didn't quite catch it, just wanna make sure we're on the same page here.
The Death Mountain area has frozen over because of the malfunctioning Frozen Reactor. Kakariko gets snow, but is not a freezer. Also, Snowpeak hasn't completely melted, only a certain, lower area of it, which just so happens to be near the Glass Desert. Most of Snowpeak is still snowed over; just the lower ranges of its mountains have begun melting and forming lakes. It's a bit of a "Canada" type area.

And @ Clownbot - don't get discouraged. I think one thing that's harmed this project is structuring a world that we'll never transcribe into a game. There's still plenty of room to come up with explorable places, people, monsters, and what have you. I'm sure you've had quite the experience with a huge variety of creatures from games. Care to come up with some ideas? You don't have to sketch them out, but merely idealize their looks, nature, and habitat. There's a lot that needs to be done, so you can cover just about anything you want.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244

On that not i'd also like to resign, I haven't done anything to help and i'm just kinda their. Send me the final copy and include me in the credits.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Hey, I'll come up with as much as I can, and I'll try to be as vivid as possible, but you guys are all probably a lot more creative than me. :laugh:

And, hey, I never said I would leave. I'll still post replies to ideas, and even come up with my own, I'm just... going through a dry spell right now. :ohwell:

I'm still here. :)

EDIT: @Stinkoman: Hey, you came up with some ideas. The Hiko Boots were pretty cool, and if you come up with any other ideas, be sure to run them by everyone here. Some might not be received well, but don't let that get you down. Everyone has their ups and downs. :)

toon_marth

Smash Ace
On that not i'd also like to resign, I haven't done anything to help and i'm just kinda their. Send me the final copy and include me in the credits.
Well it doesn't really take that much time to post a good idea. Just get something that pops into your head, make sure it doesn't conflict with any facts of the project, and post in 5-10 minutes. Same goes for Clownbot. We still have a relatively small archive. We're at a good pace for only working on this project for less than a week. The last thing we need is to lose great help. Analyzing helps tremendously, too.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
And on this note, I would ALSO like to resign...

Nah, just kidding!

So what would you all like in the ways of the pirate captain? A big Moblin, since this is a moblin pirate crew? Or some kind of other creature or man? I was thinking he could have some heavy weapons. since pirates dont care if Hyrule is dying from technology, They scavenged all the old technology Hyrule got rid of and are now using it to terrorize everyone. It would make things interesting if the pirate captain had something like the weapon in SSBB:

... or something.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
...Or something... *evil laugh*

edit: If you resigned, Zaneeba, I would never forgive you. Freaking epic artist. Would you kindly draw your version of one of my tunics?... I mean, if you want to. I know Spire's working on them, but I want to see your version, too.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
edit: No I didn't mean to double post! Really! I forgot!
Lolwut?

Also, I came up with a character idea, a Rito musician named Voile (you guys can change the name, it might be kind of crappy) who plays the violin. He teaches Link the "Earth's Symphony" (again, may be a crappy name) , which controls the earth. This is necessary in *insert Temple here*, because there are switches that need to have rocks and such placed on them.

Yay or nay? It might not be a good idea, but even if it's well-received, it needs some polishing up.

If you guys take kindly to the idea, I'll try to come up with a deeper description of him.

EDIT: Yes, Zaneeba. In the final conflict with the antagonist, the pirate king swoops in and turns Ganon into a trophy! :laugh:

But seriously, a Moblin with some kind of huge mechanical weapon is good.

Spire

III
BRoomer
...Or something... *evil laugh*

edit: If you resigned, Zaneeba, I would never forgive you. Freaking epic artist. Would you kindly draw your version of one of my tunics?... I mean, if you want to. I know Spire's working on them, but I want to see your version, too.
I've currently only begun work on the Bio Tunic. So everything else is up for grabs.

Here's what we need done:

- Characters (just come up with all sorts of characters, but make sure they're pretty, well, characterized)
- Creatures
- Items
- Particular locations
- Background information behind places in the world

Really, this project is still far, far more open than it is closed off. There's room to add just about anything within the parameters that we've set.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I posted something relevant and then erased it all for that edit, lol.

But Viole sounds cool. But I feel a more in-depth description of what the Symphony of the Earth song (good name) does in in order.

edit: grr I wanna draw Viole (how do you pronounce it?) but I can't! Man, I need a freaking scanner.

Here's a more in-depth description of Viole, though:..... *glances at floor* Ooohhh something shiny! Be back later with a description.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well, it's kind of like the Command Melody in WW, except Link controls nearby pieces of earth (rocks, maybe sand for some reason, etc.). The purpose of controlling it, for now, is just placing them on switches (with rocks, of course) that need weight continually pressed down on them. Maybe as an easter egg, he can control dirt to throw at girls, or something. :laugh:

Also, for a description of Voile, he pretty much wears the traditional Rito clothing, has purple eyes, and a necklace of multicolored pebbles. :cool:

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Niiiiice. I lol'd at the easter egg. Definitely. Kind of like Merlin's magic wand from The Sword in the Stone. You can make rocks dance and wash kitchens and stuff! W00t! We still haven't designated what our instrument of choice will be, though.... that's an area I'm kinda afraid to go in.
PennyWisetheClown *shudder*

Spire

III
BRoomer
I posted something relevant and then erased it all for that edit, lol.

But Viole sounds cool. But I feel a more in-depth description of what the Symphony of the Earth song (good name) does in in order.
Oh man, how awesome would it be if Link played a didgeridoo?

Rather than learning different button sequences, you'd have to match something similar to the Wolf Howls, with streaming pitches and frequencies.

Voile the violist. Why not? I see him standing on a cliff at Selepria, playing out to the sea every evening. He could teach you the "Earth's Howl", where he plays a frightening, thunderous piece on his viola, and you have to somehow match it with the didge...

This is a terrible idea. Link would never play a didgeridoo. But nevertheless, he cannot play the Ocarina of any kind. Voile stays, didgeridoo does not. Oh, and Voile is pronounced "vwall", right?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Oh man, how awesome would it be if Link played a didgeridoo?

Rather than learning different button sequences, you'd have to match something similar to the Wolf Howls, with streaming pitches and frequencies.

Voile the violist. Why not? I see him standing on a cliff at Selepria, playing out to the sea every evening. He could teach you the "Earth's Howl", where he plays a frightening, thunderous piece on his viola, and you have to somehow match it with the didge...

This is a terrible idea. Link would never play a didgeridoo. But nevertheless, he cannot play the Ocarina of any kind. Voile stays, didgeridoo does not. Oh, and Voile is pronounced "vwall", right?
Well, how does "Voil" sound to you? :laugh: Yeah, that's how his name is pronounced. I like the scene you depicted with him, Spire-- I see Voile as being a calm, cool, collected fellow, but very passionate as well (about his music, perverts).

Want Didgeridoo NAO! Electric Guitar? Future-future Zelda, after all... *nudge nudge* Maybe just a regular guitar. I want Link to be the next Eric Clapton.
*stands up*

*slowly building applause*

Mewter

Smash Master

Concept art.
An Oasidjali Island boss, maybe, unless you've already decided on one.

This "Geothermal Aqua Beast" is heating the waters around considerably, causing the ecosystem to fall into ruin.

It is attached to geothermal vents in the ocean floor, and it has the power to heat water up rapidly and cool it. The crusty-like stuff on its skin is lava, as are the pools on the ground.

Smaller, baby versions of it spawn from its pores and attack Link as he's trying to defeat it.

We need this:
Want Didgeridoo NAO! Electric Guitar? Future-future Zelda, after all... *nudge nudge* Maybe just a regular guitar. I want Link to be the next Eric Clapton.
This is absolutely unavoidable. We need electric guitars! :lick:

Well, it's kind of like the Command Melody in WW, except Link controls nearby pieces of earth (rocks, maybe sand for some reason, etc.). The purpose of controlling it, for now, is just placing them on switches (with rocks, of course) that need weight continually pressed down on them. Maybe as an easter egg, he can control dirt to throw at girls, or something. :laugh:

Also, for a description of Voile, he pretty much wears the traditional Rito clothing, has purple eyes, and a necklace of multicolored pebbles. :cool:
Lol. Sounds good!

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Octorok spotted.

But seriously, I like this first concept of it. Can you maybe improve the sketch by adding colours and stuff? I think that'll make it look even better.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
My genius has been realized. Guitar Hero: Zelda Edition. Where's StinkomanFan? I thought he called the spinoffs on the first page. Wait... no spin offs. Mini guitar heros right there in game! Play a few strings of notes to play a song! Jk, we couldn't do that with just the Wii Remote.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Instead of commenting on all these ideas or coming up with one of my own, I'm going to ask you a minor question:

Will Tingle be in it?

I'm sure that nobody loves Tingle quite as much as I do, but Zelda isn't Zelda without him. Maybe he could gain a new, creepy, maniac depressive personality to reflect the changes going on?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Instead of commenting on all these ideas or coming up with one of my own, I'm going to ask you a minor question:

Will Tingle be in it?

I'm sure that nobody loves Tingle quite as much as I do, but Zelda isn't Zelda without him. Maybe he could gain a new, creepy, maniac depressive personality to reflect the changes going on?
No.... just no. Why would we destroy our wonderful project by adding Tingle? Well, maybe we can have him be in one of our scary-as-heck dungeons. He'd fit in.

Oh, and nice drawing, Mewter. Gotta love Link's expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom