• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWFL Presents: JOHNSSS! 5/14/11 Naples,FL Results

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ken is the Michael Jordan of Smash. Brawl is golf, he tried it for a minute and was just alright so he quit.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
He was decent enough to be an avg in the league, but then was like aight enough of this, time to come back to the nba and 3peat. I wouldn't base his life on space jam :glare:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the tourney, will make shoutouts now and say thoughts on the overall exp.

1. Seibrik :metaknight::dedede: - It was good seeing you again. It was interesting to see your ddd lol. It's still pretty solid I must admit lol, u know the snake mu better than I do. I learned a few tricks that I didn't know as well as a new cp stage.
2. RedHalberd :metaknight::warioc::snake::falco: - I can't say ur falco is garb or sandbag against it anymore, its str8 now lol. Thanks for coming out with tampa and all the help with creating the brackets with me and seeding it and also deducting the results off of bracket. You're very helpful, I seem to understand you a bit better now than b4.
3. MVD :snake: - The only one still true to his main and still successful :) You've improved a lot and i was kinda shocked to lose honestly. I want to play the mu again in the future since it is apparent that I can improve a lot just by watching seibs play u. oh yeah, and rofl at the "DewDaDash" meme thing u started based off the rc match XD.
4. Xaltis :falco::metaknight: - I'm glad I finally got the chance to play you in tourney. I was expecting your falco though >_>". I honestly did not think rc would that bad and underestimated my unfamiliarity with that stage for that mu since that was the 1st time i've played an mk there (they usually cp brinstar). Great set and I want a rematch next time XD.
5. Snipa :lucario::popo: - I wanted to play you but never got the chance =(
5. SheikSSBM :luigi2: - I'm glad to see ur still motivated to play smash still and place well despite never practicing this game and being preoccupied most of the time from work. Thanks for helping me call out the matches. I'm not sure yet if ill have another tourney but ill consider it.
7. Ed!! :zelda::sheik: - I never really got the chance to play you but it was fun chillin with you as well as interesting to hear ur commentary in one of my tourney sets. Hope to play u in the future.
7. DewDaDash :dedede: - amazing tourney for ur 1st attempt at one. Your performance was decent but thats to expected based off the amount of effort u had to make running this thing. Your ddd feels washed up so i expect u to place better at the next tourney when u start practicing this game again.
9. SuperWolf :metaknight: - dawggg ur sickkk as ****kkkkkkkk. Thanks for helping me buy the pizza and chillin for lunch. It was great being able to chill out after being so occupied with running the tourney and it gave me a chance to relax
9. Trumptight :fox: - I slept on u for wayyyy too long. I should've given u props a long time ago but didn't due to my arrogance. You probably should've won the set but i lucked out. I wanna get the chance to play u again sometime.
9. MixCoatl :snake: - I hate seeing you get chain grabbed by dew also :glare:
9. Mampam :diddy::metaknight: - Johnnssssssssssssssssssssss St.(see what I did there? ;)) Good seeing you again. I really wanted to mm you but never got the chance to unfortunately, maybe next time.
13. 2link :peach: - Good to see you again. Thanks for saving all the matches and sry my internet sucked too much making it impossible to have livestream XD.
13. oLJo :snake: - didnt get the chance to really talk to you but good to see a new person in the community.
13. Shin - first guy to show up to the tourney :) Great to see a new person entering tournies and I encourage ur stay and am willing to teach you this game further in depth if you want.
13. Vicious - thanks for coming out and good to see an old friend again still playing smash in naples
17. Lies :warioc: - amazing newcomer. Hope to see you at more tournies since ur improvement rate seems to be astonishing.
17. Red - Dawggg ur sickkkkkkkkk
17. iPresea :pikachu2: great to see you again :)
17. Gato - dawggg ur sickkkkkkk and so is ur mario

Overall, I am satisfied with the way it was ran as well as the atmosphere. I was aware of the past failures of the tourney M!x had at his tourney 2 years ago and I tried my best to avoid them so I wouldn't get the same complaints. At first I was a little bit stressed out when we only had 6 teams and it lasted somehow for more than 3 hours. Trying to fit that in with melee afterwards and then a brawl/melee singles tourney really had me stressed for quite for some time trying to figure out how I would run this on time when I barely knew how to use the tio bracket until halzy showed me. I am a bit dissapointed I was unable to bring out the ppl that melee miami wanted to see the most but that is out of my hands and I can't force anyone to show up. I will probably have a smashfest within the next 3~6 weeks or whenever tampa decides a date they are able to show up if they still decide to. This will be in place so that I can work on getting better and practice more rather than being pre occupied with match calling and being unable to play until I am forced to play a tourney match w/o warmups. I am unsure atm if I would run another tourney over this summer, although I'll think about it considering the approval I got from this tourney and multiple requests to do something like this again. I would be more persuaded though if I got someone to co-host the tourney with me so that I could run the tourney half of the time and someone takes over for the other half since I only really got to enjoy seeing everyone else enjoy the tourney and playing matches with MVD and seibrik the day after as I housed them.

Thank you everyone for showing up and for the support, I appreciate it.

edit: thanks smashmac for coming out and supporting melee. without ur attendance im not sure if melee miami would of been as satisfied despite it being something I can't control. I wish i could've held a melee tourney for u guys but yeah, things dont work out the way u want sometimes, oh well.

-!-

Smash Lord
Dealing with 60+ people is insane against a mere 20 people lol... You just needed to be more Organized about everything to make it run smooth, if you Host another one just be more prepared beforehand and a Co-Host would make things much much easier too. I hadn't touch Tio for a long time so I was a lil confused my self with it :urg:

-!-

Smash Lord
yess some videos would be cool, I wouldn't mind seeing that set I had with Lies :D

:phone:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm uploading all the finals matches in HD then doing everything else in Standard.

I wanted to do the whole thing in HD, but I don't want to constrict the time I have and make you guys wait longer

:rosalina:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Entry was $10

Well I've decided for the most part I can't hold a tourney in the summer since there are no dates available. I'm leaning towards a dec date although I am unsure yet what date that will be (that's a long time from now so...)

Top Bottom