• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swiss Smash

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
So as some of you know, I'm moving to Geneva to spend the year working at CERN. Does anyone know if there are any melee players around there? If it exists, what's the swiss community like?

Failing that, Geneva's right on the border with France and is (relatively) close to Lyon, can anyone link me to the French smashboards or help me out on that front?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
So as some of you know, I'm moving to Geneva to spend the year working at CERN. Does anyone know if there are any melee players around there? If it exists, what's the swiss community like?

Failing that, Geneva's right on the border with France and is (relatively) close to Lyon, can anyone link me to the French smashboards or help me out on that front?
As far I know, the Swiss Melee players tend to live in the German- and Italian-speaking parts of Switzerland. They use the German Smash Boards (http://forum.germansmash.de/) or the Italian forums (http://www.ssbm.it/).
You can also contact AE. (look up his profil on SWF), he lives in Zürich and should be able to help you. You may also want to contact Kudemo, who's a Brawl player living and hosting tournaments in Geneva : he may be able to tell you if there are some Melee players in the area.

Also, Geneve is indeed not that far from Lyon, where there is a group of about 10 players who are are among the most active in France. You can contact them through the French boards (www.cubeforum.fr) or you can directly send a PM to porc on SWF ;)

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
Hi. I also am here in Switzerland, currently in Fribourg right now and play smash (melee!!) I'm actually from the US, Arizona to be specific, but after studying and coming abroad for a year I found a job here in Switzerland so for the time being im here :p I just randomly decided to come check on this board today because I was bored and lucky! Anyways if you're going to live in Switzerland for a year and maybe want to do some travelling and are under 25 years old I suggest buying the 50%rail card with the after 19h ride for free, and it's for one year which works for you. It costs 250chf but riding after 19h is so nice since trains cost a boatload here :p
When are you moving here to the Switz? Leave me a PM or msg me on skype (djpj84) sometime and maybe we can get some smash in sometime :]

Top Bottom