• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sword or Bow?

TURTLEMAN19

Smash Cadet
Im sorry about this thread i was led to some false info about pits bow by the internet and found out only days after i wrote this thread that it was wrong. Im srry i havnt gotten round to this yet. thanks, and bye!

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. You don't have like four different arrows. Obviously the sword.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I'll spam the bow at long distances and above me, but I'll definitely use his swords more because I guess almost all his attacks use them or something... I'm making it my personal goal to master the mirror shield though.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
It's the same weapon lol and they're knifes when separated not swords.
But really I believe using the bow will be fundamental to Pit's game, but it still won't kill on it's own.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I will probably use the bow for spamming, edgeguarding, and stopping people when they are running at me fast so that I will have time to think. As for the sword, that will probably be my main weapon.

Kips

Smash Ace
Probably but that won't stop us from spamming it. Think about it- Does Fox or Falco use their laser with any more then their throws or B? Nope. Spammage of arrows adds a whole new approach issue for other characters, making Pit a good hit-and-run character.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
your questions perplexes me. i understand that pits bow are his twin daggers. but how you say "bow" or daggers, its really just balancing your attacks. obviously you use rugular daggers at close ranged and arrows for far off opponents. you almost sound like you think you as the player seperate the bow at will whitch you cant.

the way i would use pit is by coboing till i get to a killing %. i will use the arrow however for range purposes only

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
I'll spam the long distance attacks, piss off my opponent enough times, and then go for the kill with my swords when their life is blood red.

I love being cheap :D

iron blade

Smash Ace
His swordsmanship IS focused on multi-weak hits right? Or does it have any good finishers?
His Fsmash, Dsmash, and Bair are good K.O. moves. You are saying he is more like MK, but Pit can kill a lot better. All of Pit's moves have a lot more knockback than MK, but he does have multi-hitting attacks that are probably right around Link's power, maybe slightly less.

Pits light weight looks like he can't fight too well up close without being extremely fast. Opinions?
Pit can fight fine.

Kips

Smash Ace
Oh no, I'm not insulting Pit. I'm saying that up close he might be trickier to use due to others being a bit heavier or stronger.

As to Vanewalker, the idea is that we're contemplating what we will abuse more. Some of us will tend to stand back and fire arrows all day long while others will be content to rush into the fray, trusty sword-daggers at the ready. It's all a matter of opinion.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Spam all you like but in 1v1 you'll be forced up close all the same. You'll use both, or purely melee.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I will probably use the bow for spamming, edgeguarding, and stopping people when they are running at me fast so that I will have time to think. As for the sword, that will probably be my main weapon.
Yeah, that'll probably be my strategy too ^^

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
He probably has more finishers than MK but I don't think is combo potential will be as great. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Pit's speed and agility will let him combo easily but MK is smaller, faster, and a little less bulky. This gives him more manuverability.

Kips

Smash Ace
Definitely! Not only that but it seems that Pit is a bit clunky in the air because MK has five jumps to execute his moves while Pit has 2 and then his Wings of Icarus. We don't know the Wings properties yet, so he could just not be able to attack!

Top Bottom