• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sybaritic Suffocation- A Fox Video

Yomi

Smash Cadet
This is the best and probably the last Melee video I have/will be making. I hesitate to call it a combo video, because some d-bag will come in here and tell me that every clip is not a combo. Fair warning, I am not a pro. If you are a lot better than me, you might not enjoy the gameplay. Hopefully you can appreciate the music and the editing. If you don't understand the title, just enjoy the alliteration. If you do get it, then hopefully you think AEA is as funny as I do. Enjoy and comment. Peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_bURurNLY

Oh! I almost forgot. The first song is written, performed ad produced by my good friend specifically for this video. If you have any comments on the song that would also be cool and I will make sure he gets on and check this thread.

Squee451

Smash Rookie
CIFP sucks

Nice combo vid, I'm Adam in the video for those who don't know, one of the best combo vids for foxes I've seen, especially from non-pros. What does the rest of smashboards think?

D

Deleted member

Wow. Apart from the silly name, that was actually really really really entertaining.

Something I can't say for 99.99% of every single fox video.

Nice editing, really nice songs both ways (I love the Behind you fox!)

Funny ending..kinda repetitive combos but hey it was still sick (and it is Fox, of course)

I'm really impressed.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I watched a lot of combo vidoes and that is defintely up there for the best editing.
The combos were good iswell, after about 5 mins it started getting a little repititive but I didnt really care lol.
Good choice of song iswell and some funny editing on the mindgames.
Im proud of you... yet I dont know you lol.

toddxlogan

Smash Rookie
Wow, that video was awesome. The transitions, while subtle, are really impressive once you catch on to what is happening. Nice work.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I can't believe I watched all 8 minutos of this video but it was good and more people should watch it. The song was kickass as well and if possible I would like to talk to the guy who made it.

Good stuff man.

Yomi

Smash Cadet
I can't believe I watched all 8 minutos of this video but it was good and more people should watch it. The song was kickass as well and if possible I would like to talk to the guy who made it.

Good stuff man.
Hey BlackPanther. Thanks for the nice comments. I still get e-mails when people comment on this video and its cool that its made a tiny resurgence in the last couple days. If you have a questions, shoot.

Also. If you really liked the video, you should check out Knees To The Face and The Bird Dance. My Falcon/Falco were not as good, but both videos have their redeeming qualities/clips and this is how I warmed up my editing skills for SS. Plus they are shorter.

I also have really high quality versions of these videos if anyone is interested. The one for Sybaritic Suffocation is actually 1.6gigs so you can imagine how it looked before youtube **** on it.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Not bad, pretty entertaining to watch and I enjoyed the music.

A couple things I would like to point out -

1st, Either youtube dumbed down the video quality, or you need a new screen capture device

2nd, there were a couple in there, but I think the video would be better with more unique stuff like some different mix-ups and mind games.
This video definitely demonstrates your good tech skill, which I like, but I still think you should make another one with more of what I just mentioned.

Yomi

Smash Cadet
Thank you. I put a lot of time into the editing and it is satisfying that people enjoyed it.

I put a lot of effort into the transitions and trying to keep Fox from darting all over the screen. It is much easier to watch a combo video when I don't have to search for the character at the beginning of every clip. The transition at :28 allows the clips to keep moving quickly without losing the watcher. If you watch closely you will see what I'm talking about, this took a long time to do. Some of my favorite transitions are at :32, :39, 1:52, 3:55, 4:16, 6:30!, 6:41, 6:55.

I understand I am sucking my own balls here, but its important to realize that I'm not that good at smash. I lost at tournies all the time. But I was able to make an entertaining video cause I picked good music and spent time thinking about the editing. P.S. I use iMovie.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
P.S. I use iMovie.
Oh well that explains why it was so good. *wishes I could afford a macbook* iMovie ftw,

anyway if you get this message first I might as well add what I said on youtube;
Go to filefront.com the homepage should have an upload box to browse for files on your PC, select the video (its just like you did on youtube) and upload it, make sure after its uploaded you save the download link, Copy and paste it into your youtube video description AND of course, here in this thread (on the first page, edit your first post) anyway yeah, thanks again for making such an awesome video, It's been awhile since someone made an 8min combo video that you can actually watch, and enjoy ALL THE WAY THROUGH! =)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I just masturbated.

The music was so hot and the editing was great. Very entertaining.

Did I mention the music?

Roman.

Smash Champion
Wow, awesome video. I really like the way you play fox and that was wicked entertaining. Awesome editing and the music was very fitting. Just overall a great combo video, especially for fox.

Top Bottom