• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
dashing or wavedashing then dashing is faster then a shorthop and a waveland. Also i woke up and puked everywhere and now i can not sleep its very sad for me, except i found this frozen bottle of pasito in the fridge and it tastes really good so things aren't all bad i guess.

Jaz

Smash Ace
oh no!

combo has swine flu T-T

get well soon. Oh and Xeno I watched half of dustloop :p
I haven't been on the net in a while .__. I'll be emailing EGG guys this Tuesday coming.

How did everyone go in exams? XD

Xen, do you think you could write a Smash 101 Exam? see how many people in sydney can pass...

on another note how would one go about gettin brawl+ is there a thread link or something?
I'd love to go to Jean's again, nice parent's ya know.

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744

I LAG

Smash Lord
i think i might get brawl+ this weekend or maybe next weekend but i have V4.0 and i will need someones help getting it coz i am hopeless.

S.D

Smash Master
oh no!

combo has swine flu T-T

get well soon. Oh and Xeno I watched half of dustloop :p
I haven't been on the net in a while .__. I'll be emailing EGG guys this Tuesday coming.

How did everyone go in exams? XD

Xen, do you think you could write a Smash 101 Exam? see how many people in sydney can pass...

on another note how would one go about gettin brawl+ is there a thread link or something?
I'd love to go to Jean's again, nice parent's ya know.

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744
If you have any trouble talk to Shaya or Toby or someone.

They both helped me out a lot because I was too spastic to figure it out myself.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
lol I saw Jaz in Hornsby today

i was walking back from the movies then i thought i saw him but was too far away to say hey

jaz you can join hornsby crew now

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
if anyone wants to come play smash at my house after friday of this week until the 16th of july thatd be fantastic k thx

Gords

Smash Champion
Sounds great turtle. I'll try my best to get down there during that time. The dame time as tim and Sam would be ideal but we will see

unreon

Smash Ace
Should we lobby to host a tournament at Smash?? Remember it's how I got into the scene at first...You never know who you might attract!

Subject: SMASH! 2009 Tickets Now On Sale!

Hi Guys!

I'm pleased to inform you that tickets are now available to purchase online from our website: http://www.facebook.com/l/;[[http://www.smash.org.au/tickets/purchase/]]

Tickets are $25.00 for a weekend pass, $15.00 for a Saturday and $13.00 for a Sunday. Children aged 7 and under are free.

Payment methods include - BPay, which can be easily done via online banking or phone banking, PayPal or Money Order. More details can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/l/;[[http://www.smash.org.au/tickets/payment-info/]]

Getting your tickets now means you save time by getting in early on the day, as well as saving your cash for that one extra thing at the show!

Can't wait to see you all there!

Thomas Munro
President
SMASH!
http://www.facebook.com/l/;www.smash.org.au

August 8 + 9 2009
Roundhouse @ UNSW

Gords

Smash Champion
so is this on the 8th & 9th weekend at UNSW?

I will be interested in having a tournament then although i wont be sure what exactly is happening that week end till closer to the date as my sister and dads birthday are both around that time. also i am planning a trip to melbourne for august as well.

but definately interested, will the community be the one hosting the tournament or does smash actually have a tournament?

planetstereo

Smash Ace
so is this on the 8th & 9th weekend at UNSW?

I will be interested in having a tournament then although i wont be sure what exactly is happening that week end till closer to the date as my sister and dads birthday are both around that time. also i am planning a trip to melbourne for august as well.

but definately interested, will the community be the one hosting the tournament or does smash actually have a tournament?

Yes this is a good stuff

Also, do you think I could write this up as a unsw tournament on the unsw thread (finally found a use for that thing :) )

If the event ppl are organising it then great, if we have to do it ourselves then thats good as well cause it means we might just be about to get something going with the roundhouse managers or where ever else we can hold it an possible set the scene for future tournaments.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
if you guys wanna come over mine this sunday it should be okay cause sam will be down too, ill be in touch in the future but if you guys are free then i cant see why it shouldnt be okay.

Gords

Smash Champion
If I come i will have to go down on the saturday night after work (i finish at 5pm) and return to be in bankstown for 7:30pm.

Is this ok Tom?
And if so can you PM your address so i can figure out how to get there?

also dont hold your breathe for brawl+ Sam, I tried to play some Brawl+ the other day with my friend and it didnt work, i think the GCT file is currupt and i dont know if ill get time to remake a new one. though will do my best.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
**** u trials.........havent been on in ages, cbf to look at past posts....any tournies or things happening this (school)holidays?

I LAG

Smash Lord
most likely not unless andrew host something at hunter valley
but who needs tourneys when we got laggy wifi

Sieg

Smash Champion
If I come i will have to go down on the saturday night after work (i finish at 5pm) and return to be in bankstown for 7:30pm.

Is this ok Tom?
And if so can you PM your address so i can figure out how to get there?

also dont hold your breathe for brawl+ Sam, I tried to play some Brawl+ the other day with my friend and it didnt work, i think the GCT file is currupt and i dont know if ill get time to remake a new one. though will do my best.

Why do you need to make a new one? There's a fully created GCT in the Smashworkshop that you can just throw on to your SD card.

Gords

Smash Champion
Why do you need to make a new one? There's a fully created GCT in the Smashworkshop that you can just throw on to your SD card.
yeah i know, its getting time to actually download it as i am at work now then going out so home late tonight and working tomoz so leaaving early. so its more getting time to get onto the cpu.

Hmm well I may be able to download it at work.
chances are looking good now.

anyways i will need Tom to reply tonight so i know to bring everything for sunday.

Zero

Smash Hero
most likely not unless andrew host something at hunter valley
but who needs tourneys when we got laggy wifi
I was actually going to host a tourney up in Sydney with Scott in the second week, but that idea has gone to the ****, and it's a bit too late to book stuff now.

So no tournaments in July for Sydney.

Hoping there will be plenty of meets in both Sydney and Hunter though.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Not like it's my fault either people. =P

Andrew pulled the whole, "I'm poor, get a hall cheaper than Ted's" thing on me. That simply wasn't gonna happen. :p

Zero

Smash Hero
Well, you'd get all of the money back, through venue fees and your deposit would be returned. I simply asked you because it's much easier to be a guarantor when you actually live close enough to negotiate. :D

It's no one's fault, but there's no tournament this month.

We should really organise a bit interstate event at the end of the year.

Zero

Smash Hero
and then ZSS rises to A tier.

Does that mean I jean a lot or that I'm awesome TO/just generally awesome?

good luck in America JP.
don't hurt me

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Hey Guys, I am finally moving to Sydney for real, right by UNSW. So was wondering if any of you UNSW guys (and anyone willing and able to get there) wanted to organise a meet at my place some time during the week. I updated the UNSW thread with details, so go check it out and let us know if and when you can come....

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Aw man, you know I'd totally go if I wasn't going to be quarantined all week for ****ty swine flu protocol for returning travelers. It'd be cool to see you again. D:

Sorry dude, maybe next time.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Aw man, you know I'd totally go if I wasn't going to be quarantined all week for ****ty swine flu protocol for returning travelers. It'd be cool to see you again. D:

Sorry dude, maybe next time.
Hey man I was thinking of making it a regular thing, like on a weekly basis or something...
Basically date and time is up to whenever everyone is free, so just give me times and ill sort it out
PS Thursday is looking good for me but im easy

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
*Cough* been a while since ive been here...but it seems like not alot has been happening anyway :S

Apparently I leave in a week for the UK, so yeah...and i dont think im going to have time to play smash at all...
When I'm gone im relying on everyone to keep the scene going until I get back so I will have smash to play (I'm going to get smash withdrawals).

But yeah...I miss playing smash...

S.D

Smash Master
*Cough* been a while since ive been here...but it seems like not alot has been happening anyway :S

Apparently I leave in a week for the UK, so yeah...and i dont think im going to have time to play smash at all...
When I'm gone im relying on everyone to keep the scene going until I get back so I will have smash to play (I'm going to get smash withdrawals).

But yeah...I miss playing smash...
Smash misses you Simon :( Have a great trip.

D0N

Smash Ace
Hello,

Im about to fly over (tomorrow) from the US to go to school at Charles Sturt in Bathurst for a semester. Are there any players going there for Spring semester or that live in the area? It would be great to meet/play some of you while im down there. I won't play anything until im settled in school though... I play DK in brawl. I cannot play melee.

I should be able to come to sydney a few times, so I thought it would be best to post this here.

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
I should be free to go to most any tournament/event thing. My wii stopped working, and since it's out of warranty, I haven't gotten it fixed yet. So I'm probably quite out of practice (even moreso that I already was >.>;;)

Top Bottom