• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

System Update question

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
My current system is at 4.2 and I'm trying to play Other M.

In the past I'd just load it from Gecko to avoid the mandatory system update. Thing is, now I can't find my SD card.

I recall there being something where it was fine to update the wii after upgrading homebrew channel which I believe I did (1.0.8 is what I see labeled).

Question is if Homebrew channel would still be protected or not without the sd installed. Or if its safe enough to update anyways b/c I don't really think I care for homebrew anymore anyways.

I'm just concerned about the whole wii bricking thing, seeing as how I've been away from all this for quite awhile now.

pkmntrainerRed

Smash Cadet
If you have the homebrew channel you should have installed Priiloader and just disabled System updates...

pkmntrainerRed

Smash Cadet
Yep. Priiloader get's installed on the Wii. I was on 3.4 until about a year ago, and I've been on 4.1 since then.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
that and by patching the IOS files you can avoid upgrades packaged on discs completely.

Top Bottom