• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tír Na Smash 2 (Ireland) April 4th 09 - Cá bhfuil an cáca milis?

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Marth is insanely good in Brawl, and I dont use him anymore. I find the changes that have been made to him make him too boring to play as, over reliance on tippers for KO's and Fairs for everything else. Although Shield Breaker is now scary as hell. I main Sheik/Zelda now. Basically Sheik = Damage - Zelda = KO

I havent played Brawl in ages now. Too much Call of Duty and Street Fighter HD Remix
We have the demo of Street Fighter HD Remix and that alone kicks ***. But back on topic:

I'm starting to use Ike a lot now... but not competitively. I just find his overwhelming power fun to use. My main is still Toon Linky-chops and my second is Wario... is it possible to have a third? 'Cos at this point now I think Ike is my third.

Is he a newbie character?

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Deadly Alliance's own Comp will be attending this. I haven't been to Europe in a year and this looks like a great time to make an appearance. Who wants to house the Great and Handsome Comp! I need more details like which airport to fly in from and who is at least 19 so we can party because you all should know I LOVE TO PARTY!

Kone

Smash Master
comp u kidding? why wud u attend this (no offence to the irish) but this is a small tourney with a very young community. go to EDster in april (my tourney) or SMASH ATACK (german tourney)

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Deadly Alliance's own Comp will be attending this. I haven't been to Europe in a year and this looks like a great time to make an appearance. Who wants to house the Great and Handsome Comp! I need more details like which airport to fly in from and who is at least 19 so we can party because you all should know I LOVE TO PARTY!
Dublin Airport is where you want to fly to, and I believe nobody has taken Aidan/Pikaville up on his offer of accommodation, so get your first dibs in while you can. If you are serious about making the trip, I can help you out with some more detailed route information closer to the date.

With regard to PARTYING, drinking age in Ireland is 18, and I believe we're all at least that old except for LynkX and Gory Snake.

Kone

Smash Master
BTW to dave and others. Theres a slim chance i maybe interested in coming to this. However, its looking like alot of us are going to make a german tournament on the same date :/. Would like to make a future itish tourney tho :)

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it's a shame Smash Attack had to be the EXACT same date as this.

Realistically Ed, unless your ferry to Germany sinks, none of the UK Crew are going to be coming this time.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't really expect to see Smashers such as Comp or any foreign-to-Ireland Smashers for that matter. But hey, if you're willing to come, come. It'd be nice if the rest of the world saw Irish Smashers as a big thing :estatic:

Kone

Smash Master
I think you'll find UK players making it across to your tourneys in the future if you maintain having them, the scene increases and standard of play improves. Id probably try make this tourney if it werent for the german one. However, their expected like 70 ppl :/

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
ok you guys say avoid the Irish tourny! hmmmm Ed I don't know about comin back to New Castle - I dont like your jails. maybe the German tourny would be official but I want to go to a tournament in a country I've never been to

Kone

Smash Master
lol comp not sure i can deal with mopping up your mess ;) =p. Well u can go to this man but like it wont be what ud expect tourney wise and none of the Uk/euro lot ever met the irish community. This is like their second tourney i believe. But if your just going sightseeing wouldnt matter that much?

how long u looking to come for btw? my tourney is likely to be the weekend AFTER this. Potentially u could go to both if u wanted to make it more worhtwhile? Or fly into the UK and raodtrip it with us to germany and back then stay for my tourney lol

sorry for chatting liek this here dave and co.

ed

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Aigh we are gonna communicate all the details and set somethin big up. i want to do a big euro trip this year and if i can hit a few tournys that would be nice in the process as well

Kone

Smash Master
try get me on msn and we can sort something out comp, or pm me on smashboards. im thkning something like u fly into london, roadtrip to germany (maybe a night in france and holland on the way) road trip back. spend a week in the uk and finish with my tourney. what u do after that upto u :)

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Sounds Like A Plan Mah Dude...we Can Set That Up Cuz I Definitely Wanna Hit France Up And Go Back To Hollad As Well

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hey whoever said this is a very young community is kinda wrong.

I knocked back a load of Southern comfort before the finals of our last one.It was awesome.

Partying is a definite thing after the tournament.If you like bonging across the world your gonna love hanging with me if you come over!

I smoke quite a bit.........

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
*Blows whistle* Kone and Encycricket, let's try and keep the topic of Tir na Smash, c'mon, let's move it *Blows whistle*, c'mon, hup, hup!

So are you guys actually coming or not? It'd be great if you did, 'cos I wanna kick non Irish ***! I'm lethal! I'm on fire when it comes to Smash!

Not really, pikaville is the man for that. Him, DeadEyeDave and Gory Snake

Oh and pikaville... what exactly do you smoke...?:upsidedown:

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Hey whoever said this is a very young community is kinda wrong.

I knocked back a load of Southern comfort before the finals of our last one.It was awesome..
Haha, very true Aidan, I'd say you're the party animal of the Irish Scene.

I think what Ed meant by us having a young community is that we couldn't really call what we had as an actual "community" until Tir Na Smash 1 last April, and since then there's been a lot more communication between the Irish Smashers and some friendlies organised.

So while going on our individual average ages, I'd say we're a lot older than the average, say American Smasher, but as a community, we're only about 8 months of age, which is pretty young compared to everywhere else.

But I think we've got a really great bunch of people here, so we're only going to get stronger, and if some of us can swing travelling to some foreign tournaments, we'll get to know the other communities a lot better.

If the German Smash Attack was on ANY other time than except the weekend of our own tournament, I would have tried to organise some of us to go to that, or at least me. But I'm not going to sacrifice our own scene for the sake of attending another.

Kone

Smash Master
As noted by dave I was referring to the lack of tournaments or what could be derived as a "community". If the german tournament wasnt ont he same date id be making this. As ive said previously Ill make the next irish tournament and i dont see why int he future the irish/Uk community dont mix alot more at each others tournaments.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
I can't organise any for the next two weeks at least. I'm pretty busy with work stuff, and my apartment looks like it was hit by a Nova Bomb.

If anyone else wants to host one, I could possible come along though, depending on the date.

Pikaville

Oh and pikaville... what exactly do you smoke...?:upsidedown:
Ill give you 2 guesses!:laugh:

Yeah man im up for friendlies anytime.Whenever your free im game.Ill organise the troops for any day you want.Im sure I can get Zac,Dave,Dean,myself and Eoghan for some games.

Oh and Lynks you ARE good!

Its just Link in melee has a very hard time against Sheik.Especially since im pretty sure you guys dont L cancel or wavedash or any of that from what I saw.Lynks if you come to friendlies ill teach you some stuff that will make you sevenfold more powerfull!

Same goes to everyone BTW.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I picked up Wavedashing, L-cancelling, SHFFLC's, all that shiz, after the first tournament, but Brawl has poisoned my Melee skills.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Helloo.
Won a small college tourney on Friday and it's encouraged me to start back into Smashboards. Maybe even buy Brawl, who knows.

How are you all?!

Edit: have there been any friendlies going on as of late? would be happy to travel out to any being held along with a Wii, if an extra one's needed.

Flamazot1

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I live in Belfast up in Northern Ireland and I'm not sure how long it would take me to get down there. Would any of you be able to give me a rough idea?

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
It's about 2 hours on a train from Belfast to Dublin, as best I know. Guess you'd throw an extra hour onto that if you were getting the bus.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Flamazot1 I go between Dublin and Belfast semi-regularly, and it's 2 and a half hours in a car regardless of what you do. Not too sure about going by train.

Jamie man, welcome back. You gotta let us know about all these college tournaments you keep winning before they happen, maybe we could come too.

As for friendlies, I'm up for any Monday or Tuesday of this week. Either at my place or someone else's house. Beyond that though I'm busy the rest of this week :(

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
But me winning these tournaments and me telling you guys about these tournaments are two events that do not agree with each other.. :laugh: naw it was like 4 4-player 3-stock brawls, with each round's survivor going through to a final 4 -player Brawl (because of time and number-of-consoles restraints), no items and neutral stages but it's not really a proper tournament. (Despite some very good entrants.) Will post up the next time there's one on, though!
My Pikachu feels handy enough, although I'm sure he'll be shown up for the yellow fraud that he is come Tir Na Smash or sooner. Trying to work in more quick-attack cancel.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
I might go but I'm from Cork so I'll see.

Are ice climbers infinites allowed for brawl?

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Sad sad news... for all my Smashing life, I've been champion amongst my friends. The other day, we decided to play singles on Final Destination to warm ourselves up for the tourney. Anytime it was a one on one, my friends feared going up against me... sorta.

Anyway to cut things short, they beat me and then after the matches one of them said "You need to work on your directional influence!"

(Keep in mind that these guys thought it was the best thing ever to play on Big Blue with high item rate)

(If my friends happen to be reading this I love you all and you are all very talented Smashers, good luck in the tourney)

On a different note, I think we oughta start advertising this tourney. Just a simple "TIR NA SMASH! Coming soon..." to get people wondering what's going on. Then as we near the event, advertise the actual date, all the details and all that jazz.

Anyone good at making adverts? 'Cos I certainly am not

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Haha, cool.

I'll be making up the leaflets to hand out to stores soon. Also want to clarify our rules ahead of time, and give you guys a bit of news.

Sorry I've been absent, pretty busy these days. :D

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
hey guys!

i will visit ireland for 10 days, 7 days in galway and 3 days in Dublin (School).

I'll have some freetime, i plan to play 1 day smash^^. (melee only)

Well so who lives in Galway/Dublin?

I'll be in "Gort Greine"

Will see you in March.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
HAI GUIZ!

Quick bit of non-Smash news for anyone in the Dublin area.

I was talking Gamestop on Liffey Street today in the city centre, and they're hoping to get a regular gaming tournament scene going in their store for various games.

The first of these is a Street Fighter 4 tournament at 2pm THIS SATURDAY.

Entry is free, and the winner takes home a copy of SF4 on their console of choice.

The Liffey St store is around the corner from the big one on Henry St where the Smash Competition was on.

You can reach the store on 018724305 if you want to reserve you place.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Bro told me about that SFIV tournament. I couldn't have been bothered waiting another day for SFIV so I bought the Collectors Edition instead, probably would have had to play on a 360 controller as well and I cant play any Street Fighter games on a controller

Pikaville

I havent played smash in about a month and a half.It been all Soul Calibur and Halo.

I gotta get practicing.

Top Bottom