• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I think some people may have taken what I said a little too close to heart. I am simply trying to avoid conflicts. You might call it "lame" or "no sportsmanship" or whatever, I simply call it adhering to and calling out the rules that the TO has provided (in other words, not MY rules). The rule doesn't say "pausing will result in forfeit of that stock, except in the cases where people want to claim sportsmanship and respect for other players so they aren't hated on." It simply says that if you pause at any time you forfeit your current stock, period. If that means that I win a MM where otherwise I would've lost, that's not my problem.

Now, if I consider the accident to happen under reasonable circumstances then perhaps I won't mind, but the rule doesn't say anything about what is "reasonable" so letting someone have the win even when you won on a technicality is purely a player's own choice to make. So in this instance you have two choices, go against the rule and let the guy win, or use it to your advantage. If one chooses not to go against the rule he shouldn't be chastised or looked down upon for it. Thinking badly of someone for following the rules just because you personally don't like it is not very cool. It blows my mind that some people feel that way.

The best way to avoid it is to simply turn off pause altogether and clarify with your opponent why you want it that way. If something strange happens in the match (controller issues) and you need to "pause" it without quitting outright, simply eject the disc and the game temporarily stops running.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Plank, for the pause thing, just make the rule something like this:

A player may not pause in game to disrupt gameplay. This is any sudden pause that may halt the flow of the game, but not a pause when one player has lost a stock (such between stock pauses are limited to 5 seconds and once a game). Penalties build up over the course of the whole tournament. In the case of a warning, the TO will count down 3-2-1 and the game must be unpaused immediately and both players resume.
1st- First Warning
2nd- Final Warning
3rd- Lose Stock
4th- Lose Stock
5th- Lose Game
6th- Lose Game
7th+ Lose Match

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
The rule doesn't say "pausing will result in forfeit of that stock, except in the cases where people want to claim sportsmanship and respect for other players so they aren't hated on." It simply says that if you pause at any time you forfeit your current stock, period. If that means that I win a MM where otherwise I would've lost, that's not my problem.
it also means you're a gigantic *******.

deal with the consequences.

Prawn

Smash Master
Plank, for the pause thing, just make the rule something like this:

A player may not pause in game to disrupt gameplay. This is any sudden pause that may halt the flow of the game, but not a pause when one player has lost a stock (such between stock pauses are limited to 5 seconds and once a game). Penalties build up over the course of the whole tournament. In the case of a warning, the TO will count down 3-2-1 and the game must be unpaused immediately and both players resume.
1st- First Warning
2nd- Final Warning
3rd- Lose Stock
4th- Lose Stock
5th- Lose Game
6th- Lose Game
7th+ Lose Match
this isnt complicated at all :awesome:

rhan

Smash Hero
Why give someone a warning about pausing?

It's a stock loss the first time then a match loss the second.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
this isnt complicated at all :awesome:
well its really simple, tbh. For one, very few people abuse pauses and even fewer people report them to the TO. 99% of disputes are solved between the players. This whole pause rule thing is just a technicality. Since it has been brought up either a sufficient rule has to be implemented or people will just abuse it. My rule covers the basis for every scenario while restricting abuse while being lenient to accidental pauses that might be reported to a TO as abuse.

Accidental pauses happen all the time. Pretend I give examples here. In any case, I think its stupid that the opponent has to work but gets a free hit when i mess up and miss an l cancel or press b and standing laser, but if you tap that Start button you automatically lose a stock. Whatever rule that gets used has to take into account the fact that mistakes happen and no rule should be that drastically punishing.

Prawn

Smash Master
well its really simple, tbh. For one, very few people abuse pauses and even fewer people report them to the TO. 99% of disputes are solved between the players. This whole pause rule thing is just a technicality. Since it has been brought up either a sufficient rule has to be implemented or people will just abuse it. My rule covers the basis for every scenario while restricting abuse while being lenient to accidental pauses that might be reported to a TO as abuse.
ok put that long arbitrary rule in there you win :embarrass:

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
how about the incredible venue that plank has managed to get us for a very reasonable price?

it's worth it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So my plan for housing is to stay at the venue, put some shades on, and slightly lean against a wall while holding my controller and forcing a smile on my face for 8 hour periods while sleeping over the 3 days.

No one will know I'm sleeping there.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Is it just me or is there much less hype for this than for P4?

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyypppppppppppppppeeeeeee
thread spamming doesnt necessarely=hype =P last year the thread was soo spammed lol.

ive got a hype video coming out soon from my man prog plus a big announcement coming soon as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom