• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah...its 4 to a room guys...seriously.

I'm probably staying with brawlers. Me Seibrik MVD and Afro.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Not trying to undermine anyone..but how will they stop it. Say there is a group of 6 friends...4 actually are paying for the room...3 friends with 1 key go up to the room at 12:00....3 friends go up again at 12:30. How is that stopped?

strawhats

Smash Master
Not trying to undermine anyone..but how will they stop it. Say there is a group of 6 friends...4 actually are paying for the room...3 friends with 1 key go up to the room at 12:00....3 friends go up again at 12:30. How is that stopped?
just dont make it obvious.

Wish

Smash Cadet
Anyone flying BWI, coming Friday and leaving Tuesday..?
Or does anyone know a bus/train/ride/anything that could transport me between BWI & the venue?
I don't really want to fly DCA since it's ~$170 more expensive. I haven't booked my flight yet, scared I'll get stranded.. x_x

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The hotel has a lot of cameras. On top of that upon check-in players will be letting security guards know what room they are staying in. If non-local players are not staying at the hotel (will be very few players, and i assume mostly all local) I will double check with the people they are staying with to verify...... The hotel is going to give me a list of all the room #'s rented for my roomblock and they will be cross referenced with the numbers given to me and if there are more than 4 we will know right away. Allowing more than 4 people to a room is an infringement to my contract and gets heat put on me.

They've also hosted MLG and Katsucon at this hotel so they know to look out for people cramming into rooms....it's not a new process for them to monitor.

Also hotels reserve the right to kick you out immediately if they catch you, and I really don't think people want that happening since the venue is inside the hotel.

Wish, BWI has transit to DCA... you can also look into IAD which has BETTER transit to DCA, although I don't know how expensive that will be.... Send me a PM if you can't figure out these things on your own, I'll try and help you figure it out :) I will never let someone get stranded at one of my events....last year i arranged for rides for 400 people to and from the airport, if I need to figure something out for a few people this year then so be it :)

ESAM IS THE MAN

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Anyone want to rotate a room? I assume nobody is looking for 15hrs of sleep a night, so we have ~10 people with no more than 4 sleeping in the room at once. Don't think that violates any rules

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Anyone want to rotate a room? I assume nobody is looking for 15hrs of sleep a night, so we have ~10 people with no more than 4 sleeping in the room at once. Don't think that violates any rules
I'm gonna do Plank a favor and answer this. When you go to a hotel, you and whomever you're with check into your room. If they see more than 4 people assigned to the same room, they will find out. It's against their policy and they have the right to kick you out of the hotel. If you don't wanna spend a lot of money on housing, find someone locally to house you or go to a cheap motel.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yes...it does. 4 people per room.

woot amsah registered!!! HES LOCKED IN >=D

i dont know what i was thinking getting such a nice venue, smashers dont even care and just want to take advantage of it. it's pretty insulting.

if you really HAVE to save money just book a room for 2 people and put 4 people in it. you never heard me say that though and I'm not going to condone anything... i'm just saying as far as I know... theyre just going to be really strict about 4 people per room.

I'm so glad this venue is locked down for 24 hours at a time. Everything will be done in time :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also i have no idea who the **** will win melee at this after all these past tourney results ROFL

mango?
hbox?
amsah?
JMAN???
SUPERWAVEDASH??? (loljk)

who the *** knows i guess LOOOOLMFAO

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
There are a lot of cheap motels around 20 mins away from the venue that probably would not give a ****. You'll just have to deal with the people that come with the hotel (i.e. hookers and their johns).

Though from the sounds of some stories from other smashers, that might actually be a plus...

strawhats

Smash Master
melee has been reignited...no one can telll who will win.. Unless mango actually gaf and tries.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The hotel has a lot of cameras. On top of that upon check-in players will be letting security guards know what room they are staying in. If non-local players are not staying at the hotel (will be very few players, and i assume mostly all local) I will double check with the people they are staying with to verify...... The hotel is going to give me a list of all the room #'s rented for my roomblock and they will be cross referenced with the numbers given to me and if there are more than 4 we will know right away. Allowing more than 4 people to a room is an infringement to my contract and gets heat put on me.

They've also hosted MLG and Katsucon at this hotel so they know to look out for people cramming into rooms....it's not a new process for them to monitor.

Also hotels reserve the right to kick you out immediately if they catch you, and I really don't think people want that happening since the venue is inside the hotel.
What if we're staying at someone's house who lives locally? Does that mean we won't be able to hang out at the hotel?

PB&J

Smash Hero
JMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

he might just win the tourny now. I know that just boosted his confidence alot.

and mango went fox vs hbox and got 2-0d so he tried..time for that puff mango.

im pretty hyped right now..im sure ill register for this on sunday.

Plank-do i have to put who im teaming with now or can i do it later

PB&J

Smash Hero
thanks yo

and we should start a fund or something for pound 5 for one player

hmw has proven that the funding wasnt a waste of money and every person that was funded has won(shiz,axe, and now jman)

it just proves that it works

im not saying the player funded will win pound 5,but im sure who ever it is(we can have a poll) it will be great,generate hype, and he would prob place well too(top 10 range or higher)

just throwing names out there that would make their presence at the tourny make the tourny that much better are..

ss
darkrain
shiz
calle w
isai

thats just throwing names out there..i dont even know if they registered or not but im sure they will do well and they will automatically get good teammates because of there names alone

idk..just throwing it out there. im sure hmw will help out with a vid or something too

what do u think? this is the last pound, pound 3 was my favorite tourny ever, this has to be legendary/epic

D

Deleted member

There's been too many upsets lately, we need to maintain some kind of order here, too much madness!

Hbox or one of the European "A"s needs to take this.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
$145 a night what the **** cant you read ***** ****ing craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom