• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
I hope that's just a update lack..

Step the **** up guys.. Only 90 for Melee?
lol...90 for melee is nothing to be scared about trust me...I've seen 100's of people signing up on the last possible night. Sad as it is. We'll prob see like 100 more people sign up at once.

I hope this is massive for melee....brawl too (it adds to the hype i guess)

Brawl kind of needs to step it up.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Wow plank. Amateur buy in tournaments is an awesome idea as long as no one fails on purpose in pools to win money back.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
There should be super people that are like not allowed in it regardless..like I feel like there is a set amount of smashers who like you should just know are too good to be in the amatuer bracket if they "fail" in pools.

also brawlers sign up plz.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if you've made it into a bracket at a national before, you shouldn't be allowed in 1st round exit pools.

other than that, **** just kinda happens second round pools, i'd imagine. but 1st round...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
people will be able to see everyone eliminated from that pool before they decide whether or not they want to enter.

if people are obviously throwing pools matches they wont be allowed in lol

those things compared with just not being a total douche should help stop that from happening.

also, the #'s are not surprising. they are similar to last year, pound has epic attendance jumps at the end. everyone is lazy as ****, lol

KyoTehCatt

Smash Cadet
Oh I hope so, I really do. I have been waiting for the longest
to hit big tourny's and I'm pretty happy I'll be attending. You should get tons of pictures
for a montage type sorta thing ;D

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Wow plank. Amateur buy in tournaments is an awesome idea as long as no one fails on purpose in pools to win money back.
if lots of people go by this logic, then lots of good people will enter the loser-out bracket, then the bad people will SEE that lots of good people are entering the loser-out bracket, and just not enter. then the "good people" won't get like, any money because no one will enter with them, and they'll get no money.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
that or some scrubs get a free pass to brackets and my man RandomIkeGuy takes home a national prize

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I was mostly joking. That would be a really douchey move and we would without a doubt notice someone being out of place.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Booked my ticket. $220 rt holla

Also I'll be coming on Thursday if people are festing then or Friday.

Shroomed

Smash Master
no turning back now

registered and bought my plane ticket

im gonna be so broke this quarter =(

WILL BE WORTH IT THO

rhan

Smash Hero
You guys do know like 200 more people will register at the last minute.
I know that. But is really paying like 20 bucks more worth it? I mean if you register early I still think you're able to get that refund (That's how it was for the last Pound).

People who do shiit last minute are *****. Give Plank a hard time the week before. GJ guys.

phish-it

Smash Champion
I know that. But is really paying like 20 bucks more worth it? I mean if you register early I still think you're able to get that refund (That's how it was for the last Pound).

People who do shiit last minute are *****. Give Plank a hard time the week before. GJ guys.
Alot of people are probably not sure if they will be able to make it until the time gets closer. But then they realize Pound is just to awesome of an event that they all register last minute anyway.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
people always register last min its just that people are lazy, and often times, too moronic to realize how much they will save.

Then those same people will be too poor to buy food and starve lol

ycz12

Smash Ace
Speaking of which, does anybody want a roommate? You will save almost $150 by splitting costs with me while having the exact same room, and I promise not to put any AIDS on your toothbrush.

Also, as you can tell from my Youtube account, I am an extremely notable person, and would really appreciate the offer.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im sure people will start to make plans to cram into a room. id suggest to the responsible people to reserve your own room and just wait for the hundreds of people who have nowhere to stay and let them fill it lol

thanks rhan, but i dont mind TOO badly that everyone registers late. its a pain in the *** yes, but at least i have more money to buy anything i could possibly need for the event. and yeah like my man phist-it said, a lot of people arent sure til the end anyway XD

but the pound hype always wins.....

cloud there is an option for *2nd game* melee singles for only $15 (no extra venue fee)

shroomed GOOD **** rep that doc son!!!!!!!!

also chipotle like .4 miles=madddd goooood

rhan

Smash Hero
I actually meant to ask about the Chipotle distance.

I actally had my first meal from there today.

It's legit.

hot$

Smash Ace
Just a note to anyone who is driving and is staying at the venue, its 17$ a day to park there. :(
Fancy hotels charge for everything, also I believe the wifi is not free as well. [/
SIZE]

edit:: I was looking at the wrong Hyatt, correction . To anyone is driving up, parking is valet only 25$ a day, and the wifi is not free. :(

hot$

Smash Ace
How much is the internet?
Not quite sure, the website doesn't say, It just says "daily charges apply"
Kind of lame though, it's pretty much standard today for free wifi, even in crappy hotels you can get free wifi. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom