• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sho thang. If you're gonna be there Friday, we can play mk since there won't be smash setups yadigg?
sure

ill be there setting up the venue friday night...... if anyone is there and wants to help/check out the venue, you should!

ptzr i will do zelda vs roy MM btw any day
I'll be there since I'm staff and all. Gotta do my share of the work.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im down to do MK:DD under the conditions that I dont have to fight with anybody for Bowser Jr. Id like Paratrooper for my 2nd but I can use the other Koopa or somebody else entirely if its the only way it can be done.

I havent asked him but Silent Wolf and I might be down for some doubles aka 2v2 Double Dash. Similar stipulations, I dont play with out Bowser Jr. Him and I have an understanding....we win at all costs!

We get in Friday night at 10:29Pm. So we'll see whats up.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
so i randomly have no class during this week and im debating going if i can afford to -.-

gonna take a look at finances tomorrow lol

dont get your hopes up :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
so i randomly have no class during this week and im debating going if i can afford to -.-

gonna take a look at finances tomorrow lol

dont get your hopes up :D
if you don't go, I will run for public office in your new nation and raise the age limits for everything

Orion*

Smash Researcher
split my plane ticket or attempt to fund me :D

lol no i couldnt ask for that

but i really wanna go

although idk how my parents would feel about me coming home and not saying anything... >.> idk how to go about it

also-

I dont have a partner LOL but lemme get a plane ticket first XD

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
MK:DD is poop. MK:DS is the only competitively valid one, and maybe MK:Wii with items set to strategic.
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ be trolling. MK:Wii is bull****. How could you ever place that above my Double Dash.

DS and DD are both amazing games. They both have added depth than 64 but in different areas.

Jake13

Smash Lord
64 is the best, hands down.

There is still snaking, the red shells don't turn stupid corners and the blue spike shells can not be avoided.

In ds the weight is too weird when you scrape a wall, grass or another kart.
Wii is like ds one steroids.
And
DD just sucks

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart DS was amazing. Given how **** the new gen nintendo games are it should be given massive props. Double Dash is the best game ever wtf noob. The only annying things is no 4 players against computers or one team two individual but other than that the ****.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You can do 2 v 2 v Cpu in Mario GP if Im not mistaken. You can only have 2 human driven carts in GP because the entire point of GP is to beat the comps and unlock carts and stuff. It would be "cheating" if 4 of those carts were ur scrub homies. The computer is too goodz lol.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
You can do 2 v 2 v Cpu in Mario GP if Im not mistaken. You can only have 2 human driven carts in GP because the entire point of GP is to beat the comps and unlock carts and stuff. It would be "cheating" if 4 of those carts were ur scrub homies. The computer is too goodz lol.
I don't know if it's the case in MK:DD as well, but in MK64, all of the computers are programmed to be as fast the person in first, and to catch up to said person in first. Therefore, if you do things such as jump the wall in Wario Stadium, the computers can literally go around the track twice as fast as possible....

Also, MK64 doesn't have 4p GP either, and in general just 3-4 players doesn't even have music.....

Jake13

Smash Lord
iono if its the same in everyone else's mk64 but whenever i play multiplayer you can only hear 1st players sound effects (shells n drifts n whatnot)

but yeah mk64 had the best ai ever. ever.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
iono if its the same in everyone else's mk64 but whenever i play multiplayer you can only hear 1st players sound effects (shells n drifts n whatnot)

but yeah mk64 had the best ai ever. ever.
Always pissed me the F%$# off lol. I hated that. I spend considerable amount of time trying to trouble shoot as if I had tools to fix it lol. I just made sure I got first player lol. I do remember that Pausing and then pressing "L" had some effect on the sfx, might just turn em off tho.
I don't know if it's the case in MK:DD as well, but in MK64, all of the computers are programmed to be as fast the person in first, and to catch up to said person in first. Therefore, if you do things such as jump the wall in Wario Stadium, the computers can literally go around the track twice as fast as possible....

Also, MK64 doesn't have 4p GP either, and in general just 3-4 players doesn't even have music.....

Yea, its not like that in DD. It wasnt specifically the AI in that game tho, if you played versus mode you would also get the speed boosts if you were behind like that.

In Double Dash I leave **** behind...items or not. That Barrel Train. Choo! Choo!

But Im pretty sure that its just a 2 car limit. So 1-4 players in any combination.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Also come up to me if you want to money match me, if there's nametags I'll be wearing the Colbol tag...
I main fox but will also consider going Falco, Marth, Sheik, Peach, Falcon, Ganon, Pikachu, Mario, Doc, etc. if ya byad :)

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
So hows that SC2 side tourney coming Plank? :)

hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Always pissed me the F%$# off lol. I hated that. I spend considerable amount of time trying to trouble shoot as if I had tools to fix it lol. I just made sure I got first player lol. I do remember that Pausing and then pressing "L" had some effect on the sfx, might just turn em off tho.

Yea, its not like that in DD. It wasnt specifically the AI in that game tho, if you played versus mode you would also get the speed boosts if you were behind like that.

In Double Dash I leave **** behind...items or not. That Barrel Train. Choo! Choo!

But Im pretty sure that its just a 2 car limit. So 1-4 players in any combination.
Did you have a mono Tv or stereo? Cause if it's mono it would do that

Lobos

Smash Master
Its better than last year so far lol

Also good **** melee players registering

I predict that someone OOC is gonna win melee pound this year!

Inferno3044

Smash Master
MK:DD is poop. MK:DS is the only competitively valid one, and maybe MK:Wii with items set to strategic.
I'm not considering competitive value. I'm considering which I enjoy more. Also, MK:Wii is definitely not competitive. Any racing game that doesn't benefit the player for being in 1st is bad competitively. Maybe strategic is better but I still doubt it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm not considering competitive value. I'm considering which I enjoy more. Also, MK:Wii is definitely not competitive. Any racing game that doesn't benefit the player for being in 1st is bad competitively. Maybe strategic is better but I still doubt it.
From your perspective. It also doesn't help 5th place either, it's a game balancer.

MKWii is very competitive. I got rocked by the 9999 japan players on the worldwide matchmaking group, while i could find myself in 3rd or 4th a few times I never got worse than 6th either, I was where my skill level was. It went from like 7500 to 8500 in about 12 races. At that level, the best players win.

kbinferno

Smash Rookie
From your perspective. It also doesn't help 5th place either, it's a game balancer.

MKWii is very competitive. I got rocked by the 9999 japan players on the worldwide matchmaking group, while i could find myself in 3rd or 4th a few times I never got worse than 6th either, I was where my skill level was. It went from like 7500 to 8500 in about 12 races. At that level, the best players win.
this .

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167

Eh... for the most part the best players win. But a lot of really dumb **** can happen.

12th place can get a bullet bill at the last second and finish in like 5th.

1st can get hit by a blue shell and go from 1st to like 7th in half a second.

Strategic items is the ****, too bad you can only do it offline.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
***kin mariokart....lol

ill update the reg list again tonight, i think theres ~15 or so since i updated a few nights ago including KELS!!!! for melee, mw finally representing their best!!!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
are you kidding me? you shouldn't be punished for being ahead, but there is no way in hell you should be rewarded.

strategic items is pretty boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom