• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tabuu, a possibility?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I've been thinking, with the release of PSA. A playable (toned-down of course) Tabuu might be possible.
Of course some attacks are probably impossible to do (*coff* Off Waves *coff*), I made a list of his moves that I think could be done.

Chain of Light (Shiek, Forward-B) – Exactly the same as shiek’s chain.
Electrical Shield (Mewtwo, N-Air ) – Tabuu creates an electrical field around himself, similar to the fan-made Mewtwo’s aerial move.
Rapid Chop (Jab) – Tabuu jabs down, then up, then repeatedly karate chops up and down really fast whith electrical shockwaves. This move is easy to get caught and juggled in. The attack has less range than the visible shockwaves would indicate.
Pinpoint Explosion (Custom, Forward-Smash) - Tabuu points at five locations along in front of himself. Those locations explode.
Dragon Laser (Lucario's Final Smash (Not sure about this one), Down-B) - Tabuu pulls out a cannon shaped like a dragon's head, which fires a powerful laser horizontally across the stage.
Bullet Rain (Ivysaur's Bullet Seed altered, F-Air) - Tabuu fires a barrage of small bullets.
Shuriken Boomerang (Link's Boomerang, Neutral-B) - Tabuu throws a star-shaped blade which flies across the stage like a boomerang before he catches it.
Explosive Teleport (Zelda/Shiek, Up-B) - Tabuu teleports like Zelda, leaving a red explosion everywhere he teleports.

All other attacks are the same as Falcon.
Lighter than Captain Falcon.
Constantly floats, akin Mewtwo.
Strong attacks have considerable lag to make them less powerful.

Although, I don't know how to use PSA, I'm sure this would be a worthy task for someone more educated in the matter.

If this isn't possible, ignore me.

~Tuesday

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Animations override bone points, if you use a lucario animtion on ganondorf, it will work like a moveswap. This is only possible with animation hacks.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
So you can't assign animations to matching or similiar bones. bones? Like giving Ganon Cpt. Falcon's usmash?

KAN

Smash Cadet
Probably not. Tabuu is stored elsewhere in the SSE-part. Also he has no flinching and knockback pose...

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Probably not. Tabuu is stored elsewhere in the SSE-part. Also he has no flinching and knockback pose...
lol exactly. It MAY be done in a near future as of now, a boss with more things in common with the cast would be good.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Not sure why people keep saying that the lack of flinching poses are the problem. Have you ever thrown a smart bomb at Giga Bowser before? He doesn't flinch, but he also can't move and hitlag affects him. He can also be killed off the top of pirate ship despite having no KB pose.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Not sure why people keep saying that the lack of flinching poses are the problem. Have you ever thrown a smart bomb at Giga Bowser before? He doesn't flinch, but he also can't move and hitlag affects him. He can also be killed off the top of pirate ship despite having no KB pose.
Too bad that will only happen when you use items or you are completely stupid. :/

No flinching positions is why I made Giga Kooplus, as many people wanted to play as a Giga Bowser that had flinching animations, and more fairness, which the old Giga Bowser obviously didn't have.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Bump it up.

Seems like an impossibility for now. But let's start discusing what could make him more fair and stuff like that.
I personally believe that Brawl needs a character representing the Smash bros. series.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to have a playable tabuu. XD we could always get a character whose movements kinda match his and texture hack + PSA. not as fun as using the actual model but with what we have now... :/

Off Waves should totally be the final smash btw. XD That or that dragon-head-beam-thing. Off Waves is more epic though.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
it would be possible if you could find a good base character and get a texture that looks like tabuu. if you have that then its just a mater of using that character's animations to match his attacks. i personally don't know of any character that remotely resembles tabuu, so you'll need to be creative.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Someone got to work on the boss files saying he got progress on extracting bosses and inserting them into character files, but hit a roadblock. He says bosses should definetly be playable.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
But would it be possible to extract the model of Tabuu, shrink it, and use it as a character?
When model hacks come out, yes. Tabuu has a model and textures, though odd ones.

it would be possible if you could find a good base character and get a texture that looks like tabuu. if you have that then its just a mater of using that character's animations to match his attacks. i personally don't know of any character that remotely resembles tabuu, so you'll need to be creative.
No. Wait for model hacks. Tabuu will work on captain falcon with model hacks, but his body is transparent, so no textures does tabuu very well.

Someone got to work on the boss files saying he got progress on extracting bosses and inserting them into character files, but hit a roadblock. He says bosses should definetly be playable.
Completely impossible. Bosses could never be playable. Especially not in the way you said. They can only be played as in boss mode, on the stages you play them on.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I think Captain Falcon looks the most like Tabuu personally.
And how hard can a Texture Hack be? He has practically the same texture running over his entire body.

Could Off Waves be done as a Final Smash? Is it possible with the current PSA?
We could do a test, find the character most like Tabuu and make him as similar to the boss as we can.

Anyone up for it?

crazy brawler

Smash Cadet
well here my idea if extracting the boss model and put it as a player may be impossible, well it may take forever but why not create a brand new model for tabuu and use it as a player, we could make him better and all that

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Completely impossible. Bosses could never be playable. Especially not in the way you said. They can only be played as in boss mode, on the stages you play them on.
The bosses have a lot of the same thing characters do, you just replace a character with certain files of the boss, Like the model and moveset contained in the stage data. The only reason they aren't otherwise playable is because there on another layer and in another stage.

Nah Nah :p

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Neon, don't be so pessimistic, because for all we know it could be possible.

Anyways, I heard somewhere that some users are trying to make the SSE stages playable during normal brawls, and if that works, then we'd know what kind of compression is used for SSE files, and we could use that information on the bosses, by decompressing all the files, and re-compressing them as normal characters.

But it may just be impossible. (I hope not, that'd be so awesome XD)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Anyone willing to work on a texture? Or maybe intergrate as many moves as we can with the current limitations?

I can only really change values with PSA, not make anything new, so if someone would be up to it that would be great.

Also, should he be as overpowered as he is in boss form, or should he be toned down to the other character's level, please submit your opinions :D

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
There were too many characters in Brawl to begin with. Stop making more.
How can there be too many?
As long as each character is unique, Brawl could have 100 Characters.
More options = Better Game.

And this isn't the place to post your faulty opinion, there are threads dedicated to character creation, go have a cry in one of those threads.

Top Bottom