• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tag Mode for SSB4?

Do you think Tag Mode would be a good addition to SSB4?

• Total voters

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I thought I'd resurrect this thread, because it occurred to me that we so far haven't seen any evidence of tag characters existing in the game. No Pokemon Trainer, possibly de-Sheiked Zelda, no sign of ZSS.

Could the reason for this be that a tag system is being implemented, and those characters would conflict with that mechanic too much?

I'm calling it.

PREDICTION SUBMITTED.
Let's hope.
Let's hope.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
I thought I'd resurrect this thread, because it occurred to me that we so far haven't seen any evidence of tag characters existing in the game. No Pokemon Trainer, possibly de-Sheiked Zelda, no sign of ZSS.

Could the reason for this be that a tag system is being implemented, and those characters would conflict with that mechanic too much?

I'm calling it.

PREDICTION SUBMITTED.
Almost forgot I even made this thread ^^

It's still something I'd really like to see for Smash and Im glad others feel the same way, makes it seem more possible. Probably on my top three wish list for ssb4 related things.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
A game mode where you pick 3 characters cycle through them when you respawn could be cool. It would be similar to other tag-team stuff, but not interfere with the basic Smash formula.
I wouldn't limit it to 3 but yes, "team battle", as other fighters call it, is something I've been wanting for a while. They gave it to us for the final boss of Subspace Emissary but sadly not for VS mode.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I wouldn't limit it to 3 but yes, "team battle", as other fighters call it, is something I've been wanting for a while. They gave it to us for the final boss of Subspace Emissary but sadly not for VS mode.
It depends how it was implemented I suppose. If you pick characters to switch between, ala Tekken Tag Tournament, it would probably be limited to two, and work like Zelda/Sheik.

If it was more of a KoF style, where you choose your team and use each one in sequence, it could go higher; but more than four would be a bit cumbersome.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I would like being able to actually tag them in ala Tekken Tag, or even that one Naruto game from however long ago, which I believe Namco Bandai worked on too.

This is probably the one game mode) that I really actively want.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I've played 99 Stock matches for the hell of it: it really dulls own around the -20 mark. My friend and I did do 9 character matches in SCII to squeeze the most out of the roster. How it would function between tagouts and KOs might feel awkward if not done right.

This is probably the one game mode) that I really actively want.
For me, it's that and a survival/score attack mode. ;)

Top Bottom