• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taipei, Taiwan, anyone?

obscurica

Smash Rookie
Taipei Smashers! I might have a setup ready in a week or so. Except one thing: the obligatory CRT TV. Where's a good place to get one? Obviously looking for a second-hand store -- nothing but LCDs around here in Sanxia, as far as I can tell.

obscurica

Smash Rookie
I HAVE IT. IT FINALLY FREAKING ARRIVED. I have a Wii U, Smash, AND THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLER ADAPTER. English version, and no -- I haven't unlocked anything yet. It literally just arrived today.

WHO WANTS IN?!

I live down in the Sanxia area, about half an hour from Yongning Station, so I might be a bit out of the way for most folks. Let's figure out an arrangement.

RedRanger816

Smash Rookie
Hello all. I will be in taipei, taiwan in two days for six weeks. I'm a competitive project m player looking for ppl to play with during my visit. I have set up, no crt. Please respond if interested.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
you wanna host a smashfest obscurica? ill be free the next few sundays. havent been to sanxia yet, maybe you can show me and anyone else interested around before/after smashing? i have a GC controller and smash for 3ds

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Hey!! I'm going to be arriving in Taiwan in the new year. I don't know which city I will be in but right now it looks like Kaohsuing.. I hope there is a player or two down there. I hope to make it up to Taipei too

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey!! I'm going to be arriving in Taiwan in the new year. I don't know which city I will be in but right now it looks like Kaohsuing.. I hope there is a player or two down there. I hope to make it up to Taipei too
Right here, I live in Kaohsiung.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Awesome I will message you when I get there. What game do you play. I am mostly a melee and pm guy
Um....sorry, I don't have time, and I am just a student. I hope you can find other guys here in Taiwan.
I live northern Kaohsiung Nanzih District (高雄市楠梓區)
I had play Melee ever since I was 7. I have never played PM because my Wii and the Brawl game is moded already.
I will give you the link of my Facebook page later. You contact me there.(And can you type Chinese?)
Oh yeah, if you have 3DS, on Saturday 15:00~19:00, here: https://www.google.com.tw/maps/plac...e!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xdcc09723bd1f5b88 will have many 3DS players gathering, come here if you want to get lots of streetpass!

Last edited:

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Yo! still in Taipei, have a pm set up and a crt. If people want to play send me a message/ post on this thread

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
I'm possibly going to be spending a large chunk of summer in Taiwan (most likely Taipei) Anyone still play? I'm competitive but trash at smash and prefer melee but willing to play any of the smashes so that I don't lose my skill over the summer ^^

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Also I'm fairly certain that like probably 10 years ago there was like a smash bros tournament that I walked past in Taiwan (feat. melee) anyone have any clue what I'm talking about/if those people are still active? I think this was in taipei as well

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
we have a small 4 person smash crew in taipei, if you can bring a setup and melee that would be awesome. we have PM/3 controllers/CRT here

Last edited:

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
we have a small 4 person smash crew in taipei, if you can bring a setup and melee that would be awesome. we have PM/3 controllers/CRT here
What region is your system because not sure if I can bring my console. can def bring NTSC-U melee though.

dkuo

Smash Lord
im asking for a friend but do you guys know of places to get a crt by any chance? i know theyre pretty commonly seen in taipei but never found a place to actually buy one the last few times ive visited

Last edited:

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Im moving to Taipei and will be attending TAS if you live nearby.
TAS? Edit: oh nvm my b
Also, what's the address of where you guys usually play? I'll be in the area from the 18th - july 10th ish

Last edited:

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Yo! We play at my place near xinyianhe station (da'an district) pretty far from tas but it is on the red mrt line (closest line to tas)

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Yo! We play at my place near xinyianhe station (da'an district) pretty far from tas but it is on the red mrt line (closest line to tas)
what time do you guys play? (pretty excited that there's actually a taiwan melee scene)

Maysoon

Smash Cadet
Ya, considering I am moving from Shanghai where there is virtually no scene. REally looking forward to moving to Taiwan.

Hailey Ashton

Smash Apprentice
Well I see you guys are mainly all in Taipei, but I just wanted to throw it out there that I will be living in Taichung starting June 1st, and living right beside Chung Hsing University. I have a Wii with Melee, and Project M. Well anyway hope I can come to Taipei sometime too once im more used to traveling. Btw are any of you in the Facebook group ; Super Smash Bros. Taiwan?

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Well I see you guys are mainly all in Taipei, but I just wanted to throw it out there that I will be living in Taichung starting June 1st, and living right beside Chung Hsing University. I have a Wii with Melee, and Project M. Well anyway hope I can come to Taipei sometime too once im more used to traveling. Btw are any of you in the Facebook group ; Super Smash Bros. Taiwan?
I have joined it I think I've seen you in the group :O

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow evening I am free, do you have line? I can add you to the line group. I am pretty busy until the 24th. We usually play once a weekish.

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Tomorrow evening I am free, do you have line? I can add you to the line group. I am pretty busy until the 24th. We usually play once a weekish.

Last edited:

obscurica

Smash Rookie
Yo, fishing wildly: is there anybody here planning to attend Evo? I have reasons to be stateside then, and shoehorned it into my plans.

I am also TERRIBLE, because of nothing but CPU play. Sure, ZeRo might've reached godhood just doing that and watching Mew2king videos, but I'm not ZeRo. Who wants to grind out Smash Wii U practices against a scrub?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yo, fishing wildly: is there anybody here planning to attend Evo? I have reasons to be stateside then, and shoehorned it into my plans.

I am also TERRIBLE, because of nothing but CPU play. Sure, ZeRo might've reached godhood just doing that and watching Mew2king videos, but I'm not ZeRo. Who wants to grind out Smash Wii U practices against a scrub?
I will just watch the stream. I will never attend EVO cuz it's impossible for me to go to USA
I don't have a Wii U, sorry... but I hope I can get one soon.

Top Bottom