• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take me back, Peach boards. I've got ideas. =]

Sky`

Smash Lord
I've whored myself out to high tiers shamelessly.
But the only one for me, turns out to be Peach, Who'da thunk it?

So I'm back. I placed seventh at a tournament yesterday, after playing my out of practice Peach, Two-stocking Erow two times, X] and he's now number one on our PR. I got this.

But enough of this riff raff. I'm back like it or not, and I'm here to stay.

But first things first. I want to discuss peaches Metagame in a different light for a moment.

Recently while Playing Snakes and Marths, I found the matchup to be ten times easier when you literally camp the entire match, baiting mindless approaches, and punishing with turnips, and finally a Fair for the kill (Unstale of course.)

I find that a Campy Peach is The most effective way to play her in some situations. But what about MK? When I tried the same technique, I found that MK was much to fast, and my down time in pulling turnips was hindering my progress in the match. (Even when I turnip canceled, it put me in a bad position. =[) So I think that the technique, Free turnip pull, in doing which, you slide while pulling a turnip onstage, is essential to beating MK. if this has been discussed before, I'm sorry, but it's just something I noticed. Care to discuss on this matter?

Further more, Soft Bair has the same hitbox properties as the Hard Bair, and such a move gimps snake like crazy. Hit them off stage, wait for an Air dodge, Bair.

Sypher, Bair.
Cyphyer, Bair
PSipher, Bair.

They can't recover, and as we know, while Snake is in the air, It's pretty much RAAAAAAAAAPE for you. =]

So lemme know your thoughts. But bottom line is, I'm here, and I'm here to stay. :]

P.S.
Does anybody have the guide on how exactly to do the Free turnip pull? I can B stick it Barely, but that's not enough. Like I need to now exactly how to do it. Does anybody know? It'd be much appreciated, thanks. =]

Riickable

Smash Cadet
The heck is this nonsense and I could of sworn you mad a thread like this before.
What he said. Snake isn't hard to gimp, heck Peach can even D.Tilt spike him with ease.

Glad to hear you're back to maining Peach though, she's 2lulzy to stop using.

Edit: Roflmao this should be in Match-Up Thread or something.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
God Sky, if boards were girls, you'd be the biggest player ever, even Hugh Hefner and 50 Cent would be nothing compared to you ;l.

Buuuuuut, I don't mind :D. Welcome back, sir.

Anyway about your tactics...

I think it's pretty much known that you have to play extremely gay vs Marth and snake (after all they're gay too, so it doesn't matter hehe), but many can't do it, including me :O. Blaaah, I should really learn it.

And Bair is generally an extremely good edgeguard. We should edgeguard more and better. It's a thing where Peach excels in, but it doesn't get that much attention, does it?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
The heck is this nonsense and I could of sworn you mad a thread like this before.
It's not nonsense, he's back to Peach and it's a good thing. Kinda like how you quit Brawl like a thousand times over a bad placing. It's cool man, it's cool.

Wb Sky ;D

but yea, bair gives hell to like every character in the game coz it's our faster aerial besides uair, 'cept with a really big hitbox.

and yea it's kinda hard to just camp MK. I kinda noticed that after I had to play M2K at SCSA coz he was stupid aggressive. MK is fast enough to punish **** near everything from over halfway across the stage. @_@

and vs Marth the camping works but at Active Gamers i still had hell trying to beat Havok's nair. I'm thinking to double jump marth's nair and punish him from above when they get used to the bair destroying their fair. just to keep 'em from using so much nair.

edit: and maaaaaan, using high tiers isn't bad at all, but just pick ONE instead of like 3-4. lol.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
Agreed on general awareness of turnip in hand for several matchups [wasn't game and watch one? for the bair or something?].

I find that it's really hard to 'excel' in edgeguarding when you're not metaknight. :/

If you can't go all they way out to kill them way off the stage, at least for me, 'edgeguarding' isn't as viable in this game. Peach lacks the speed to really follow people off the stage, and though we have our float and turnips, don't really have the moves with optimum knockback to get that KO.
We have our fair, which has a laggy start and for heavy characters, only give them another way to recover up high through DI. Nair or bair is often our best option, but for those these moves are effective edgeguards on, they just suck at recovering anyway. :/ [not to mention the general lack of range on these moves].
Turnips have more often than not too little knockback/hitstun and give them back their up-b. The only time they should be effective are times where they've recovered incorrectly, had no other option [to which a properly timed edgehog would have sufficed] to recovery safely, or are characters with poor recoveries.

That's for people recovering at a decent distance away from the stage near stage level or below.

Peach really can't touch people who recover high, unless you mean by 'edgeguarding' as only guarding the area close to the ledge. If so, they should be able to recover esp. with the auto-sweetspot unless they're characters with poor/limiting recoveries.

She has a projectile, can follow up characters on a horizontal plane with float and has fast or a ranged aerial. Peach can be good at edgeguarding. We excel at edgeguarding characters with bad recoveries.

I really don't feel that she 'excels' in it, though. :(

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sky, I love ya man but being campy making you better in brawl has been known since the game came out. The game rewards defensive and campy play for every single character. This is even true for MK.

The defensive camping strategy works GREAT against MK as well. You gotta punish him for reacting to the turnips. Projectiles are the ONE thing you have that he doesn’t, so that’s the central focus to beat him.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's not nonsense, he's back to Peach and it's a good thing. Kinda like how you quit Brawl like a thousand times over a bad placing. It's cool man, it's cool.

Wb Sky ;D

but yea, bair gives hell to like every character in the game coz it's our faster aerial besides uair, 'cept with a really big hitbox.

and yea it's kinda hard to just camp MK. I kinda noticed that after I had to play M2K at SCSA coz he was stupid aggressive. MK is fast enough to punish **** near everything from over halfway across the stage. @_@

and vs Marth the camping works but at Active Gamers i still had hell trying to beat Havok's nair. I'm thinking to double jump marth's nair and punish him from above when they get used to the bair destroying their fair. just to keep 'em from using so much nair.

edit: and maaaaaan, using high tiers isn't bad at all, but just pick ONE instead of like 3-4. lol.
Excuse me for getting at a person I don't like. I blame society. people do it to me so I don't see the problem here.

Also Bair is not her fastest move, Nair is.

With Marths Nair, times Dash attacks and you can hit him out of it. or use a turnip and ground throw it and hit his lover half or snip him on the head.

Meta you can't just go on and camping him for long. You can to a certain extent. Then when he moves in, get ready. this is one of the main reason why peach eats a tornado. Becareful when you have distance. Cause most will tornado to you. really when you wanna glide toss. so that is why when there is distance, I move in slowly and don't really bother getting a turnip. Cause they would tornado to you. And if he spamms Nado, limit the use of turnips and be aware of a tornado when you have a distance between you two. Turnips are a must and do help. But careful when getting one, really when he is at a distance he can reach you with tornado.

This pretty much goes for anything else you do, cause he you can do an air attack and meta can just tornado you out of it. Keep your eyes on meta all the time. Also I don't see many people doing this, and I seriously don't get why. But when Meta tornados your shield, aim it to where he is. Done right, Meta can NOT shield stab you, then punish out the shield with a grab or dash attack out of shield. Hell, even Jab him out of shield. This is what I always do to meta,s who tornado me and I shield. Seriously, your shield is more godly then you think.

Agreed on general awareness of turnip in hand for several matchups [wasn't game and watch one? for the bair or something?].

I find that it's really hard to 'excel' in edgeguarding when you're not metaknight. :/

If you can't go all they way out to kill them way off the stage, at least for me, 'edgeguarding' isn't as viable in this game. Peach lacks the speed to really follow people off the stage, and though we have our float and turnips, don't really have the moves with optimum knockback to get that KO.
We have our fair, which has a laggy start and for heavy characters, only give them another way to recover up high through DI. Nair or bair is often our best option, but for those these moves are effective edgeguards on, they just suck at recovering anyway. :/ [not to mention the general lack of range on these moves].
Turnips have more often than not too little knockback/hitstun and give them back their up-b. The only time they should be effective are times where they've recovered incorrectly, had no other option [to which a properly timed edgehog would have sufficed] to recovery safely, or are characters with poor recoveries.

That's for people recovering at a decent distance away from the stage near stage level or below.

Peach really can't touch people who recover high, unless you mean by 'edgeguarding' as only guarding the area close to the ledge. If so, they should be able to recover esp. with the auto-sweetspot unless they're characters with poor/limiting recoveries.

She has a projectile, can follow up characters on a horizontal plane with float and has fast or a ranged aerial. Peach can be good at edgeguarding. We excel at edgeguarding characters with bad recoveries.

I really don't feel that she 'excels' in it, though. :(
Edgeguarding: Peach has options with edgeguaring. Even against fools like meta ( Though edgeguarding him is hard) She has her floating which she can stay out the stage and guard the edge then swing at the right moment. She can go out there and hit you and make it back on stage. She has her turnips with the many things you can do with them to edge guard:

-Go out there with one and hit you then grab the edge
- Z-drop turnips on peoples head to stun them then foot stool (yea I am serious)
- Turnip cancel off stage to edge grab to cover her when you try to recover from below
- Run to the edge and turnip cancel off the edge to a up tossed turnip, bring you down and procees with the options to edgegaurd you a lil better
Make it rain turnips near the edge then zone in for floating or jumped air attacks.
- I can float next to the ledge while you cover from below and hit you with an air attack and stage spike you.
- I can float over the ledge and Dair and times right I can hit you out of it. or hit you from it while you try to jump off, get back on stage or air attack me while getting on.
- I can float out there with a turnip and hit you with my air attack, if I fail/miss, I till have a turnip I can toss in your direction to screw you over on getting back, then I make it to the ledge.
- I can mix and match and link any of the above to rotate edgeguards and make it straight hell to get back and if you do, you be taking some damage in the process.

You can use turnips to hit people high in the air. Fool hop and then toss up with the C-stick.

turnips are not a weapon for damage. You just don't get one and toss them hoping to hit one. Turnips are a damm mindgame. Just by holding a turnip in your hand. You are already toying with your opponents head. When you get one, it buts your opponent on the defense cause they do not wanna get hit. You did not have to do anything to them to screw with them. Turnips are a tool to mess with the mind and THEN get your damage off.

"pluck turnip"
"toss it"

NO!^ There is about maybe 6 steps before you toss it. Also Peach can fight with items in her hand via floating. And she can bring that Floating to the ground for more of a confusing. Your opponent won't be able to tell when you will toss the damm turnip. She is like the drunken master. Maybe His wife, w/e. Just holding that thing in your hand can lead to so much confusing. Hell, might even confuse the hell out of you. Yes it is that serious.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Good to see you too, Dark Peach. X] Yeah I did, but this one is a legitimate question that I'm asking. haha.

@Everybody, Thanks. =D It's good to be home. :]

@Edrees: Yeahhh well... aggressive peach can be rewarded too. If you aggress the **** out of IC's, they lose. Proven fact. <3

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, you again. HIIIIIIIII SKKYYYYYYYYY <3

So the more I think about it, I do think it's my b-stick that's keeping me out of the "OMGAR PRAXIS IT'S MK D: D: D:" syndrome. :laugh:

Thing is though, I have this mental block that won't let me camp. I know it's stupid, and the best strategy, but ugh, my conscience is holding me back.

I'm trying though.

I blame society.
This should be sigged.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Good to see you too, Dark Peach. X] Yeah I did, but this one is a legitimate question that I'm asking. haha.

@Everybody, Thanks. =D It's good to be home. :]

@Edrees: Yeahhh well... aggressive peach can be rewarded too. If you aggress the **** out of IC's, they lose. Proven fact. <3

Ok maybe like 2 matchups you can be aggrssive, but the other 35 or whatever defensive is always better ^_^ This is the biggest reason why I don't like people judging my play in friendlies, where I refuse to camp :)

hiROI

Smash Lord
Hi Sky' ;D
Camping is so boring D:
And for edgeguarding, I forget that Peach cannot be so low or she wont catch the ledge :/

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't trust you, just what is your deal. I cut this nice act if I were you.

Ok maybe like 2 matchups you can be aggrssive, but the other 35 or whatever defensive is always better ^_^ This is the biggest reason why I don't like people judging my play in friendlies, where I refuse to camp :)
Here is a list on styles to use on characters I made

Aggressive style:
DK
DDD
ROB
Wolf
IC
Sonic (somewhat)
Olimar (if not campy)
Falco
Fox
Mario
Pit
Lucas
Ganon
Falcon
Link
TL (somewhat)
Ness (somewhat)
Luigi (Somewhat)
Zelda (somewhat)
Samus (somewhat)
ZSS (Somewhat)

Defensive style:
G&W
Marth
Meta
Snake
Lucario
Ike
Sonic (somewhat)
Olimar (If campy.)
Luigi (Somewhat)
Samus (somewhat)
ZSS (somewhat)
TL (somewhat)

I have lil to no experience on PT or Wario so I can't say anything on them

Hi Sky' ;D
Camping is so boring D:
And for edgeguarding, I forget that Peach cannot be so low or she wont catch the ledge :/
Sure about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUBKq_KvW6Y

goodkid

Smash Lord
I'm glad you've picked up Peach again. I'm still trying to figure whether I'll main Pit or Peach or someone completely different. My Peach keeps getting better everyday, so its hard to say.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's not an act, I harbor no Ill will toward you. I'm past it. Moved on.
You gonna have to prove that. Cause from your shout out bids of you insulting me and you talking so much behind my back, this is something I can't believe.

You suicided at 0:43 xD
but she cant go as low as , lets say, GW and still recover
I cold have made that back. if I did not move like that.

And she can go low enough at a decent distance. It's still good enough to mess people up.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Let's not make this an argument with Dark again.

Welcome back Sky :) Knew you would.

Yeah, learning to simply STOP APPROACHING and rely on turnips to force approaches was my big breakthrough not too long ago. You don't even have to play gay, you can play on the edge of their range, deliberately outspace all their kill moves while baiting and toss turnips into their range to force responses. So good.

It's known around here now that I think Bair is Peach's best move. xD I agree with everything you say.

Also, I think that Peach is one of the best edgeguarders in the game, alongside Metaknight. Peach actually edgeguards Link and Olimar BETTER than MK, I dare say.

Metatitan

Smash Master
You gonna have to prove that. Cause from your shout out bids of you insulting me and you talking so much behind my back, this is something I can't believe.

And she can go low enough at a decent distance. It's still good enough to mess people up.
Leave him alone dark, you don't see us forcing you to "prove" something to come back to the peach boards every time you start trouble or get into trouble with someone else. Welcome back Sky :) (I'm relatively new here ;))

hiROI

Smash Lord

Hmm.
I know she can go low, I just need to work on my problem of not suiciding :laugh:

Also, Sky', I saw your Twilight video on youtube. lmfao very creative

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
~KBizzle

I *** **** every matchup with her except good/smart MKs; still working on it some more...lol.

Welcome back, bro. :)

~The Gifted Unknown

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I've also wondered about the merits of just outright camping marth with turnips, and double slapping his face the same way he wishes he could dancing blade if he was just a bit faster x) If he can get away with it, so can peach. You dont even have to lead into anything, just keep making space and punishing, letting the turnip and slap damage add up. He gains nothing from playing safe and using single, retreating hits with this strategy, because he makes more space to camp. And as long as you stay glued to the ground, you have shield>turnip, shield>slaps, shield>aerial. He has to sneak a shield breaker in there to gain significant ground, but that has always been the case. Spot dodge>shield/slap ***** marth anyway.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
When I edgeguard, I mostly wait for the right time to float and them attack them. Works well.

Also, what's so bad about her vertical recovery, I can't see it. If you're really THAT low, just 2nd jump + Toad > Umbrella.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
That's how I fight marth sometimes..i just glide toss camp, then when he starts getting aggressive or playing to dodge the turnips I just start going aggressive on him suddenly. Then when he starts being defensive I start camping again. I just don’t let him get into the flow he wants. This is so key for any character that doesn’t have projectiles. Keep them guessing on whether you are going to approach or not and they don't know how to adjust.

Xyless

Smash Master
I forgot about being campy against Snakes at the last tournament, which really messed me up in the end. Especially since the Snake I lost against was extremely predictable (rolled a lot), but I just didn't have a good enough approaching move to punish with.

I just have to remind myself from now on to not approach Snakes. I almost beat Panda's Snake when I did the camp method.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah, it's so key to realize not to approach him EVEN IF HES AT 200%. Just let him make the mistakes by pressuring with turnips and the like and the kills will come.

Top Bottom