• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
First of all, thanks for the download! :)

Erm... what is the common5_en.pac it keeps referring to?

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Well I think I'm putting them in the right place...

Also in the instructions it says to put CSP_431 which I cannot find. They seem to have been renamed as CSP_D and other letters.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
right. i never looked at the .zip until just now.

D B G N BN p D B p G N BN is the order that matches with the textures, i think. so D goes with 431, B with 432, and so forth.

check if that works.

i was close.... ):

Zephron

Smash Ace
Whoops, I thought I fixed that.

D was for Default and B for Blue, and so on.
In the README I had another system on my mind at the time XD

CSP D --> 431
CSP B --> 432
CSP P --> 433
CSP G --> 434
CSP N --> 435
CSP BN --> 436

I'll fix that for the real beta too.

The common5_en.pac is a file you open with brawlbox. It has a TON of stuff.

Just in case you don't have it:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mdtddxcmaly

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Argh... After I put all the files on it didn't work...

The Lloyd psa worked but was extremely Wolf-like and glitchy...

Edit: What is Info_en.pac?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Argh... After I put all the files on it didn't work...

The Lloyd psa worked but was extremely Wolf-like and glitchy...

Edit: What is Info_en.pac?
are you using gecko? i think you have to remove the _en. not entirely sure.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I use gecko...

Maybe I should move to Riivolution in anticipation for sound effects?

Not quite sure what to do...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
its not hard to switch between the two. riivolution can load .GCTs, and you can "create" files. like with PW's stage expansion code. its pretty cool, imo. i want it to be the new standard, since file size isnt limited, and any file can be replaced right now, rather than waiting on a new FPC from PW (no offense to him).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The only issue I have right now is that nothing has really been properly solidified or elaborated on it. I stopped following the thread since it was so much unnecessary babble before I could actually make use of it (besides for NSMBW). Once something is really established or we get a full sound pack released here, I'll start looking at it.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Well perhaps if you logged on to skype every once in a while you could see the progress ds22, SqLeon, Zeph and I are making. =p

I can understand if you haven't had the time to get on tho, it being the end of the school year and all with finals coming up.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
My main problem with Riivolution is the fact that it won't support USB loaders... I legally purchased Brawl so I have the retail disc, but Brawl loads like 10x faster from USB. I really don't want to have to switch to using the disc again and set up my SD card for a separate loader. Awesome idea, poor execution in my opinion.

Zephron

Smash Ace
My main problem with Riivolution is the fact that it won't support USB loaders... I legally purchased Brawl so I have the retail disc, but Brawl loads like 10x faster from USB. I really don't want to have to switch to using the disc again and set up my SD card for a separate loader. Awesome idea, poor execution in my opinion.
You dont really need to set many things up though.

Just put... everything... in one folder.
I completely agree with Thanyou. And the school part.

I've been working hard <_<

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm done actually. I was complaining about Riivolution in my post. I'll eventually figure it out.

ds22

Smash Lord
I also use USB-Loader, but I just have a copy of the ISO on my PC and whenever I want to replace sound effects, I do that in the ISO itself and then put it back on the USB-Drive.
But I would like to see a File Patch Code which supports .brsar files.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Could someone perhaps make a video about how Alpha Lloyd is supposed to behave, because mine is quite glitchy.

And his walking speed is faster than his running speed o_O

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
You dont really need to set many things up though.

Just put... everything... in one folder.
COLOR]

Isn't it a different folder structure than using the file patch code though? If so, then that's what I'm referring to - I'd have to set it up for two different methods, which is inefficient and annoying.

also use USB-Loader, but I just have a copy of the ISO on my PC and whenever I want to replace sound effects, I do that in the ISO itself and then put it back on the USB-Drive.
But I would like to see a File Patch Code which supports .brsar files.
I also would like to see a new file patch code, but Phantom Wings really has done enough for this community from what I can tell. I'd prefer a modded version of Riivolution that supports USB loaders, but it looks like that won't happen any time soon.

Can you link me to a guide I can follow to replace the files on the ISO? I've never done that before but it sounds like a good alternative to me.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Isn't it a different folder structure than using the file patch code though? If so, then that's what I'm referring to - I'd have to set it up for two different methods, which is inefficient and annoying.
you can have whatever folder structure you want, as long as you point riivolution to it. and no, FPC is the same, except the file in pfmenu2 needs to be moved. other than that, just tell riivolution to load from /rsbe/pf or whatever. check a guide on how to use it, if that doesnt make sense.

Can you link me to a guide I can follow to replace the files on the ISO? I've never done that before but it sounds like a good alternative to me.
just get wii scrubber, open the iso with it, and replace to your heart's content. google for it, first result should be what you want.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Could someone perhaps make a video about how Alpha Lloyd is supposed to behave, because mine is quite glitchy.

And his walking speed is faster than his running speed o_O
Why, yes, that is how an alpha release will probably behave. Those are the files as of now. It's not meant to be a playable Lloyd. It just shows what's done so far (mostly just animations).

Zephron

Smash Ace
Why, yes, that is how an alpha release will probably behave. Those are the files as of now. It's not meant to be a playable Lloyd. It just shows what's done so far (mostly just animations).
SqLeon hasn't logged onto Skype in a really long time.

So basically it's just me and Thanyou working on all the visual aspects.
Fen__ is actually completely right. We're just showing off the costumes, animations, and demon fang (which is finished, on the ground anyway.)

You're expecting a lot more than a beta normally releases. Nothing is really supposed to work correctly except Demon Fang, so far.
In the engineering world, this is called a Visual model.

It's meant to be a beta , so I'm not going to be getting pissed off over it.

The PSA will be worked on... as soon as he comes on.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Maybe you should PM him. He logged on here about an hour ago, so he's active on the computer. Maybe he just doesn't usually use skype and doesn't think about.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... well it certainly is nice to see Lloyd in Brawl :)

Now I guess it's just getting the animations smooth without the t-poses, adding the sound effects, and adding the moves.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think some of our options were Luin, Asgard, and other places that I can't think of at the moment.

I sent Blayd's hexed ToS2 stages to Zephron so I know he has them to look at. I documented almost all of the exact names (and also sent that to him I think) so we could evaluate our options in Skype.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Fantastic work on the featuring! I'm sure it'll get a lot of hype. Good work as always, Zephron.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
I just saw the Tales of Brawl video on the KC:MM home page.

MUST. SHARE. THE SECRET. OF. WORKING. SFX. HAX.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw/heard the new sound effects. I've been wanting NEEDING to be able to do this for teh longest tiem.
And PLZ don't tell me that you used the ISO method...

On a lighter note, really nice job with Lloyd, guys! My brother aughta be pleased.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I just saw the Tales of Brawl video on the KC:MM home page.

MUST. SHARE. THE SECRET. OF. WORKING. SFX. HAX.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw/heard the new sound effects. I've been wanting NEEDING to be able to do this for teh longest tiem.
And PLZ don't tell me that you used the ISO method...

On a lighter note, really nice job with Lloyd, guys! My brother aughta be pleased.
you can use the iso method or riivolution. both are relatively easy to set up, IMO.

this sounds pretty awesome. maybe i should finally try it out, lol.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
This is still super cool. Can't wait for a more complete version since Wolf is so boring. Out of curiosity, is Lloyd going to be balanced for regular Brawl or Brawl+? Hopefully if it is balanced for Brawl you can include a download with slightly higher gravity. Either way, def the coolest PSA hack out there

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Riivolution, eh? Good thing I already set that up. I assume that there's an SFX guide for the Riivolution method? Because last time I checked (which was a couple months ago), there was only an ISO method.

Top Bottom