• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

fleish

Smash Cadet
@Gamedominator06: I agree. It might be a good idea to 'create' more attacks than are actually needed, and then implement them in various movesets and see how Lloyd plays.

That being said, I support:
neutral-air Tempest or Tiger Rage,
up-B Psi Tempest,
jab (plus extensions) Sword Rain,
down-B Guardian, and
tilt-forward Tiger Blade.

I've always thought Sonic/Hurricane/Super Sonic Thrust would fit a side-B, personally.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Tiger Blade probably wouldn't make sense as a Side Tilt but nor would Tempest IMO. Tempest is more about the movement than the damage and as such is more of a recovery (B) move than a "Tilt" (use of Psi version is fine).

Sword Rain seems like a from standing move rather than a while walking/running move to me and I still think Sonic Slash is the ideal dash move (activated like Kirby's Melee fireball).

Zephron

Smash Ace
@Gamedominator06: I agree. It might be a good idea to 'create' more attacks than are actually needed, and then implement them in various movesets and see how Lloyd plays.

That being said, I support:
neutral-air Tempest or Tiger Rage,
up-B Psi Tempest,
jab (plus extensions) Sword Rain,
down-B Guardian, and
tilt-forward Tiger Blade.

I've always thought Sonic/Hurricane/Super Sonic Thrust would fit a side-B, personally.

Please don't do that!

Down B as Guardian? Where would beast go? Side Smash?
Then where would Sonic Thrust go? Plaid's idea of pressing B while shielding is perfect.

Lloyd has much better options for a down b than just guardian.
As for the rest... they've been argued a billion times over so let's just say that arguing neutral air and jab would be copy pasting pages 15-30 on here again.

@Ryuu

Tiger Blade makes sense as a forward tilt because first of all, Lloyd doesn't move anywhere after the attack, and secondly he hits dominantly in front of him. It's not really an aerial attack either, because Lloyd already has his midair combos for that.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
I always thought the Lloyd hacks started at KCMM, the place I got banned from for the second time yesterday.

^_^ Well anyways I think people who put together a project and don't finish it correctly need to chill.
I see too many good PSAs held up by crappy animations and incorrect coding. I think animation should only be used if it is put in properly.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Are we really starting this again? >_>

Well, I'm perfectly up for explaining why my moveset placement makes sense, but it just doesn't seem like we're going to get anywhere besides filling up another few pages with pointless bickering as we try to impose our opinions on each other.

Fortunately, that is what I like to do in my spare time.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Actually, that sounds fine. >__>
Ugh, I'm not in the mood to start jumbling up all the moves just so people are happy with what button placement they are in.

We need to focus on actually getting these moves made somewhere in the PSA. We're extremely far behind in that sector of the world.

@BSL

If you noticed the placeholder moveset,
we have Guardian as shield + B, Beast as down B, and sonic thrust as side smash.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
But it's been discussed many times that removing rolling and/or sidestep dodges are inaccurate.

fleish

Smash Cadet
Yeah, removing sidestepping simply for having Guardian in Lloyd's moveset would... be bad.

Anyway, I didn't mean to start up moveset wars. Sorry about that. Let's create the moves first and then implement them later. ^__^

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Zephron, do we have a page at KC:MM or would there be some way at least to get some PSA coders and animators getting at this?

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I just tested out the stage posted by BSL the collisions are WAAAAAY off all the texrures come in fuzzy, I'll just have to wait for an officail.
(the problem was I was playing on the ones in the brawl sections when I should have played from the melee section)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I will definitely find a way to play with the finished product. Hopefully without modding my Wii though.

Your dedication and skill is truely admirable but I still believe it should not have been required. Maybe if Nintendo's request for a tales game hadn't turned out such rubbish it wouldn't have been.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe you can use a stacksmash method for loading without the need of HBC.

Fen__

Smash Ace
It's been a while since we had an update from SqLeon. Is he MIA or what?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Glad Plaid is interested in making a technical contribution. Honestly, I need to start learning myself. I sort of have an interest in helping out BrawlBox and Project M and of course, our project.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would like to take this moment to suggest not doing the other ToS characters. It's not that they're not good characters, just that the SSB series is about character variety. I would certainly like to play as other tales characters but just consider limiting yourself to a maximum of one playable character and one NPC per game.
Also, maybe Edward/Tawnix D Morrison at some point?

I know it's a bit early to be thinking of such things but I simply wanted to let you know that I am not entirely sure on the plans you have outlined in the first post.

Eternalshadow

Smash Rookie
can you state your progress...sorry if you have already, i havent read the entire post in a couple days now...lloyd will be amazing

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
@ryuu
At the current pace, I'm not too sure on whether or not we'll take on another character. We definitely have the resources (or at least definite access to them), but for starters we'll need someone to hex the model. If the completion of Lloyd attracts a lot of attention, we may be able to get more animators and PSA coders with ease and consider continuing.

As much as I can agree with your point, this would be true in my eyes if it was another official Smash game. Theoretically, you can replace any number of characters you want and you wouldn't technically have to have all of them in there.

@Eternalshadow
We're mostly working on specials and basic moves like jabs and smash attacks. Like the title states, we really need more coders and animators. The other problem is that I believe thanyou and SqLeon are both out at the moment.

@ryuu again
What do you mean? Do you mean Kirby getting an ability from him?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
@TommoPuppy That, and yes, getting an ability.

I can barely imagine vertex-hacking Kirby's Wolf hat into Lloyd's hair...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Nice, we'll have to look around in Lloyd's files and see if we could pull out the hair somewhere. I know there's a polygon somewhere that should contain the hair, but I don't know if you can just use a polygon.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ok, suits me fine. It's a fan project so if people want far too many from one game then that's what they should get. It's certainly not what's best for the game but if it's best for the fans then that's what matters here.

How about some items?

Top Bottom