• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I suppose someone could take a sword glow and vertex it to look like flamberge/vorpal. I tried but when I opened it in BB the polygons were just going crazy. It seemed to stretch infinitely.It wasnt even a model anymore, it was a monster....

ShadowRealm

Smash Rookie
I just can't wait for this! D:
I love both games.
I just have a suggestion for you guys. I personally believe that the recolors and the pirate Lloyd don't look to adequate. I'm sure Lloyd has some other costumes in the game. Maybe you could use them. :)
Cheers and luck.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I just can't wait for this! D:
I love both games.
I just have a suggestion for you guys. I personally believe that the recolors and the pirate Lloyd don't look to adequate. I'm sure Lloyd has some other costumes in the game. Maybe you could use them. :)
Cheers and luck.

Ouch. Well at least you liked the Noble costumes.

I already made 2 extra re-colors, Lloyd Link and Zelos Lloyd... I personally think those are pretty good.

The recolors arent supposed to look that great since they're just for team-play.

The only other costumes Lloyd has are his Beach Costume (that would take a lot of vertexing) and his PS2 costume, which I was told no-one really liked.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
It doesn't really matter whether it makes 100% sense for him to be saying "Divine Justice!".
First of all everyone wants and expects this to be his final smash.
I didn't argue this at the time because I couldn't see an alternative but does ANYONE really want "Divine Justice"?
SCL Lloyd is voiced by the same guy who did Dawn, not the ToS VA but he isn't trying to make him sound more grown up and evil there so it sounds a lot more like his original voices. If those sounds are usable in conjunction with the ToS ones then I'd suggest his Hi-Ougi quote from there "This ends here! Falcons Crest!".

Oh and the costumes seem fine to me.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That and his ToS2 tech yells bother the hell out of me. His normal talking voice is acceptable though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I heard about some discovery by pikazz or somebody about further throw glitch fixing. I didn't get a response on the applications to Lloyd. Glad to hear the hair glitch has been fixed.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I heard about some discovery by pikazz or somebody about further throw glitch fixing. I didn't get a response on the applications to Lloyd. Glad to hear the hair glitch has been fixed.
Pikazz did some minor fix that worked on fixing the throw glitch for one of his characters, but not anything else. It was probably just a fluke since it hasn't worked in any other instance. I think he posted what he did in the BrawlBox Showcase thread if you want to look at it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The main part of the throw glitch that was remaining after the "polygon explosion" throw glitch is where he ascends while the grabber is in a throw animation.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
im still not entirely sure what that is. is it like PSA or BBox? if someone could give me a quick explanation that would be super.

Zephron

Smash Ace
The main part of the throw glitch that was remaining after the "polygon explosion" throw glitch is where he ascends while the grabber is in a throw animation.

Which I'm pretty darn sure is gone now. I tested using Bowser, Wario, Mario, Ganon, and a couple others whom I remember bad things happening during their throws. All are gone.

He goes into a T pose, but that's becuase he doesn't have those anims yet.
(We're doing grabs last.)

We also pretty much finished Psi Tempest. So basically we're wrapping up Demon Fang and Rising Falcon, which are both fine on the ground but need help air wise.

Beast during the air will have to wait since Hunting Beast isnt in ToS2 and will need a custom anim.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
im still not entirely sure what that is. is it like PSA or BBox? if someone could give me a quick explanation that would be super.
It's like a mixture of psa and opensa. It has all the knowledge of opensa(and more) and you can some-what edit stuff. You can preview models which is a feature of BB. You can basically view everything that it is in the file, though some things are unknown, however it allows you check and see what things do what in addition to all of the stuff that is already known in the program. It's a program of win. I <3 Tabuu.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It'll dramatically improve the character editing process both from the BBox style standpoint and the PSA standpoint.

Dirnt

Smash Rookie
I'm loving Project Lloyd. However, I have a few questions:
1. If I play online using Lloyd, will other players see Lloyd, or will they just see Wolf?
2. Do you have any videos of him using his Final Smash on youtube, or is that still in development? (Cause I haven't found any.)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
1)he would appear as wolf to them, and you would desync. unless they also had lloyd.

2)dont know, but i dont think he has a final smash yet.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
obv.

especially in Continuum Shift where he gets to be top tier.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Final Smash has not been developed. It's only been specials and basic things so far.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Can I just say outright now that whether or not you feel you can use the SCL Hi-Ougi quote determines exactly what the final smash will be. You cannot have the Falcons Crest effects, no matter how awesome they would be, if he says "Divine Justice" and the choice of name also dictates whether it's a 24(?) hit move or a 2 or 3 hit move.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There's also that. The possession of the Eternal Sword and the story context makes more sense of the phrase.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I know that. And honestly, why the h*** does he say "Divine Justice" in the second game anyway? Why not something along the lines of "It's all over! FALCON'S CREST!!!"?

Anyway, what happens in the original ToS if you were to use Falcon's Crest against regular monsters? If he stills says "Ha! Take this! Divine Justice!" then that doesn't make any sense at all.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Actually, I haven't seen videos of the player using it on normal enemies besides angels where it made sense. Then there's Abyssion that I normally see it used on in combos.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I know that. And honestly, why the h*** does he say "Divine Justice" in the second game anyway?
The Hi-Ougi is refered to as "Divine Justice" as a reference to his first Hi-Ougi. In japanese it is a rearanging of the kanji for Falcon's Crest instead.

Why not something along the lines of "It's all over! FALCON'S CREST!!!"?
Because he cannot perform Falcon's Crest without the power of the material blades apparently, which he ditches after game one on the grounds that nobody should have that power (or something like that).

In game one the context allowed for something different to just shouting the Arte name. In game two they were forced to create a new Hi-Ougi that was as similar as possible to the first and so they named it after the first ones quote. I don't agree with taking said quote out of context but that wasn't my call at the time.
In Soul Calibur, however, there was no storyline explanation for Lloyd's Artes and so they tried to keep as close to the original game as they could without taking the quote out of context, thus giving us the "This is the end! FALCON'S CREST!!!" quote I would like to see used.

The problem with that quote, however, is that it's voiced by the guy from Dawn, not the guy from ToS and so, while he does a much better job in SCL, the usability of the oice is still debatable. Hence this discussion.

Anyway, what happens in the original ToS if you were to use Falcon's Crest against regular monsters? If he stills says "Ha! Take this! Divine Justice!" then that doesn't make any sense at all.
IIRC it's "I'll show you! Divine Justice!" using the same quote for both games and yes, it remains the same due to the difficulties of programing otherwise or something.

Divine Justice is a different move from Falcon's Crest, doing more damage per hit but having twenty something less hits and doing slightly less damage overall.

Dirnt

Smash Rookie
I know that. And honestly, why the h*** does he say "Divine Justice" in the second game anyway? Why not something along the lines of "It's all over! FALCON'S CREST!!!"?

If I remember correctly (I may be wrong, I haven't played Dawn in months.) wasn't Falcon's Crest renamed Divine Justice in Dawn of a New World when Lloyd performs the Mystic Arte?

Zephron

Smash Ace
The Hi-Ougi is refered to as "Divine Justice" as a reference to his first Hi-Ougi. In japanese it is a rearanging of the kanji for Falcon's Crest instead.

Divine Justice is a different move from Falcon's Crest, doing more damage per hit but having twenty something less hits and doing slightly less damage overall.

Right after I say we're doing this attack LAST, a debate starts. nice.

You guys do realize that since he says the same words in ToS1 and ToS2, even though they probably shouldn't have, it should still be okay to have him do whatever we want.

Nearly everyone's final smash in Brawl isn't canon but everyone still likes (most of) them.

We can still do the 20 hit one if we wanted to. Frankly I don't see why not. I don't give a crap if he says a couple different words because he did in the original game and we all know it's the attack we know and love.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Why don't we just leave it him saying "THIS IS THE END!" for his FS. I mean that for the discussion too. I mean, it's not even a big issue, and it's not like Mario yells "MARIO FINALE!" Besides, finishers are supposed to be ridiculous, not canon.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Right after I say we're doing this attack LAST, a debate starts. nice.

You did give the impression that everything else was almost done and thus "LAST" was shortly.

Why don't we just leave it him saying "THIS IS THE END!" for his FS. I mean that for the discussion too. I mean, it's not even a big issue, and it's not like Mario yells "MARIO FINALE!" Besides, finishers are supposed to be ridiculous, not canon.
Because Lloyd IS suposed to shout his move names and "THIS IS THE END!" is part of his SC quote, not his ToS quote and would therefore incur the same possible problems as getting him to say Falcons Crest.

Top Bottom