• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Zephron,

thank you so much for helping me out with Lloyd :) It finally works.

It really is worth using Riivolution. Hearing Lloyd say demon fang never gets old (although it sounds high pitched than I remember. if you sped it up there are free programs like audacity that can speed it up while maintaining the pitch)

Zephron

Smash Ace
You did give the impression that everything else was almost done and thus "LAST" was shortly.

I implied the specials are almost done, not all of Lloyd...

Because Lloyd IS suposed to shout his move names and "THIS IS THE END!" is part of his SC quote, not his ToS quote and would therefore incur the same possible problems as getting him to say Falcons Crest.

The fact it's a different voice actor saying Falcon's Crest makes me really not want to use it. It'll look and sound completely idiotic for Lloyd's voice to be completely different during his final smash. And I'm not going to change all of the other sounds just for this one move.

Making sounds is hard! Frankly, he's going to say Divine Justice or nothing at all for the sounds that I'm going to release. If you want to make your own custom sound pack for every single lloyd sound, be my guest.

@ Holy Lance

No problem, glad it worked out for you!

ManicHedgehog

Smash Rookie
Idea, Just have him say "I'll show you", I'm fairly certain that would be shorter than Wolf's "We're gonna have fun with this thing." and it's quite generic so it doesn't matter what the move is actually called, yet it maintains that connection with the original move.
Sorry I can't be of help but my internet connection is horridly slow, but if it wasn't I would totally help with this project.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The fact it's a different voice actor saying Falcon's Crest makes me really not want to use it. It'll look and sound completely idiotic for Lloyd's voice to be completely different during his final smash.
I really don't seethe difference in the voices but if you do then sure.

Idea, Just have him say "I'll show you", I'm fairly certain that would be shorter than Wolf's "We're gonna have fun with this thing." and it's quite generic so it doesn't matter what the move is actually called, yet it maintains that connection with the original move.
Lloyd's move seems to require a second bit of speach but it's not a bad thought. If we could have "I'll show you!" "The end!" or something that'd be a great way of getting round the Falcon's Crest =/= Divine Justice thing without using another voice actor.

Also, unfortunately, this rules out Kaenrekku too :(.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
^ I don't really have a right to say anything in this project, but I'll just state my opinion.:(

Frankly Divine Justice sounds Cooler and menacing, while Falcons Crest seems a bit vague in what it does.

Lloyd should just say Divine Justice during the Final smash. Reason? Well, just because no one should reference SCL for this at all.

If I can recall, he only says Falcons Crest in that game (?)< Don't quote me on that :(. SCL was a terrible game.

Literally, the only reason anyone with taste would buy the thing is either because they're a die hard Soul series fan or just because Lloyd was announced as a playable character. :embarrass

This has nothing to do with the decision of what he should say during the Final but... validity isn't part of my point... wait, I had a point?

Well, I just feel it should be left up to the ones who are in charge of sound.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
I personally like it when he says Divine Justice since he almost sounds sarcastic, since he hates the word justice :p

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I personally like it when he says Divine Justice since he almost sounds sarcastic, since he hates the word justice :p
He doesn't strictly hate the word justice, only when it is used in a hypocritical fashion, such as by Dorr in ToS or by Brute in Dawn of the New World.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
OP has been updated appropriately.

Busy as hell with college now, but I have a class in concepts of computer science and I've learned quite a few basic things that will improve my learning of PSA when I eventually have the time to do it.

EDIT: It doesn't matter much, but there are two broken image links in the OP. If you want to, re-upload them and link them to me and I'll fix it.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
This version is awesome, though I've noticed some of the sounds echo from time to time. Is that normal?
At the moment, yes because we replaced Wolf's final smash sounds, which have echoes on them, and then used PSA to change the sounds for each attack. The team and I are trying to figure out why it echoes in the first place, so then we can stop it.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Literally, the only reason anyone with taste would buy the thing is either because they're a die hard Soul series fan or just because Lloyd was announced as a playable character. :embarrass
Lloyd all the way! Seriously though, they did a great job of Lloyd in that game and the minor modifications to is movelist seemed good (which from a diehard ToS fan has to mean something). The game was appalling but I still force it on friends just to beat them up as Lloyd. Kaenrekku never gets old!

Well, I just feel it should be left up to the ones who are in charge of sound.
And I agree. My oppinions are of lesser importance.
All I'm saying is that SCL Lloyd should be given a chance.

And now we have a beta version? Sweet! I'll find out tommorow if I've won a Brawl reading black Wii and if I have I'll be owning the AI with him by the AI with him by the end of the week.

EDIT: change of plans, it'll be thursday at the earliest, probably friday before I find out.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Hm. I almost forgot to ask...does Lloyd have a working Final Smash?

EDIT: Dammit, forget I asked. Went through the comments AFTER I posted....

But if I may, I would like to ask one thing: If it's possible to *almost* completely make a custom character, is it also possible to make an *almost* completely custom Assist Trophy?

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Hm. I almost forgot to ask...does Lloyd have a working Final Smash?

EDIT: Dammit, forget I asked. Went through the comments AFTER I posted....

But if I may, I would like to ask one thing: If it's possible to *almost* completely make a custom character, is it also possible to make an *almost* completely custom Assist Trophy?
Currently, no as there is no way to edit their moves. I don't know if Tabuu/Open SA3 will, but as right now all you could do is a new model with custom animations.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to have the sourcerer's ring and the freeze ring?

Maybe we could use one of those fireball graphic effects and make it a taunt, where he just fires it.

I doubt it should be a real move.

As for actually being on the model, the ring never actually had one ingame.

So it'd have to be textured on (might be hard) or just not visible.
The sound and graphic effect are probably easily done tho.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I was thinking as items, seeing as most characters have items from their series in the game.
It's not a big deal though, just a simple (hopefully) suggestion.

On the subject of mugen Lloyd: I own 6. If anybody wants Aselian mugen characters I'm pretty sure I have more than anyone else on the planet but using his mugen movelists? None of them are even near what brawl Lloyd deserves.

The current movelist is looking pretty good IMO. There apears to be a problem with Demon Fang though in that it travels straight in the air, not diagonally like it was intended to. Also, Beast does seem slightly unfair and I don't recall it being that fast in game. Maybe slow it down just a tiny bit?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Do we have to give him taunts? That's like... 3 extra moves he could have. Or 4 if brawl recognizes back and forward taunts as separate.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Really depends on how effective the moveset is. Personally, if we had to resort to taunts it means that the entire given moveset can't support itself fully. It shouldn't be necessary.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah it does see them as seperate taunts, but most characters only have 3 taunts anyway. It's kinda nonstandard to have 4.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Really depends on how effective the moveset is. Personally, if we had to resort to taunts it means that the entire given moveset can't support itself fully. It shouldn't be necessary.

I agree with this fully. Plus I don't see why we can't just give him 2-3 more taunts since Taunts are fun and pretty easy to do since they're usually only an animation.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Are we going to give him his "Did everyone see me?" line as a taunt? It's pretty Lloyd-ish in general, and it's really short audio-length wise.

I've checked through my sounds, and I don't think I have that one.

He might have never said it, or it was never ripped.
We have: "Watch this!", and : "See ya!", which are the closest things I could find.

Currently the planned taunt sounds were:

"This is gonna be a piece of cake!" --Already in game, it's staying there.
"Like that?"
"Come on, Bring it!" --I think this one is in the game too, but I would die if it was replaced.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
The "Did everyone see me?" comes from one (actually several) of his after-battle group taunts.

So it's possible that it's part of one big audio file with the other people in the taunt. Of course, he has, what, five or six different taunt combinations where he starts with that line? Those taunts start at about 2:23 in this video.

Zephron

Smash Ace
The "Did everyone see me?" comes from one (actually several) of his after-battle group taunts.

So it's possible that it's part of one big audio file with the other people in the taunt. Of course, he has, what, five or six different taunt combinations where he starts with that line? Those taunts start at about 2:23 in this video.

Well, we'll see. I'd need someone to rip it for me, and either way we only have one taunt animation at the moment. Once we actually have those animations we'll think about this again.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I downloaded a whole pack of unorded english ToS voices some time ago which I've just rediscovered. I'll see what I've got and get back to you.

I already got sent the whole pack from GuyGardiosX. Thanks though.

I'm not 100% sure if we can fit these in, or if it would even make sense when only Lloyd is onscreen.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i think "did everyone see me?" actually makes sense. sounds great, in theory, even.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded the HEX packets for Lloyd's sounds, but the instructions don't say how to use them, since I have the latest GeckoOS.

Is it really necessary to have Riivolution in order to use Lloyd's sound effects?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
well, Phantom Wings made the FPC. he, or someone else with some 1337 haxxer skillz, would have to update it to include sound effects. i dont think itll happen, since there is no need for it. riivolution already does it, so there isnt really a point, right? at least, thats the logic i see behind it.

but yeah, im guessing its pretty hard to convert the FPC to include sound.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
well, Phantom Wings made the FPC. he, or someone else with some 1337 haxxer skillz, would have to update it to include sound effects. i dont think itll happen, since there is no need for it. riivolution already does it, so there isnt really a point, right? at least, thats the logic i see behind it.

but yeah, im guessing its pretty hard to convert the FPC to include sound.
Hrm...that does sound hard. Thing is, I've never used Riivolution before, so I'm going all over the place to find the right tutorials. I'm not complaining, but...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
First post of the riivolution Q&A thread has some insight.

It's not hard, really. Just overwhelming if you can't find the right place.

The Lloyd package doesn't have riivolution instructions?

Top Bottom