• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Zephron

Smash Ace
So this whole "Yeah, you can avoid modding your Wii if you work out how to use Smash Stacks" or whatever was said was just to get my hopes up then?

I don't really know what that is, so basically you're either going to mod your wii the normal way or do it some weirdo way that no one can help you with if it blows.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Zephron doesn't know what he's talking about.

Smash stack, if that's the thing I'm thinking about, will ALWAYS work.

I don't know the file structure and how to work it exactly, but basically, you can load one homebrew application through brawl. Generally, it's gecko. Possibly riivolution? Idk I riivolution will work through smash stack.

Just google smash stack and go to the wiibrew site.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
As long as the application is an elf file, it can load through smash stack. So no, you don't have to mod your wii to get this to work, but it is just more inconvenient

ryuu seika

Smash Master
So does this or does this not mean I can keep my firmware to avoid problems that modifying it might cause and still have Lloyd?

"Smash Stack currently only works on the NTSC-U version of the game"

Well isn't that just great.

EDIT: I'll look into getting my Wii fixed some time soon, then actually get it fixed when my family aren't using it, then buy Brawl and unlock everyone, then finally think about modding for Lloyd afterwards.

Fen__

Smash Ace
There's an entire help forum dedicated to answering these sorts of questions, filled with people who know this stuff like the back of their hand and hang around there just to help people. You'd get answered a lot faster there and with more clarity probably. Just saying.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah but, seeing as I'm doing this for Lloyd and Lloyd alone, I figured it was better to post in the Lloyd section. That way, if there were odd issues with Lloyd that prevented certain methods and such (don't ask me, I'm new to this) then people here would keep me informed. People outside of here don't know this Lloyd.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah, no. You're better off posting in the help section. There isn't really anything specific to Lloyd that you need to worry about.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
One question I have about Lloyd's animations....

I know the fall, land, recovery and guard break animations are important, but is there any chance the swim animations could be done? I found a new, very strange glitch related to that.

If Lloyd is hit by an electric hitbox while swimming, his polygons splash just like when fire hitboxes hit him during command grabs. Looking over the irony of electricity and water, I don't get this glitch very often, but the end results are the same as the command grab glitch: Either my game crashes, or he teleports to a random part of the stage, completely back to normal.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I know progress is never consistent with stuff like this, but I was just wondering how this is coming along. I wouldn't expect it to be near completion, but some news, even animation progress, would be appreciated.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I know progress is never consistent with stuff like this, but I was just wondering how this is coming along. I wouldn't expect it to be near completion, but some news, even animation progress, would be appreciated.
Don't expect an update too often. With school in full force, I doubt significant progress could be achieved.

No offense to the team. Just speaking logically.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
It might do.
I also happen to have found two more polygon splash instances.

A: If Tempest is used on Castle Siege continuously.

B: If Tempest is used on Halberd stage and damage is done to Lloyd.

Not sure if these happen to anyone else, but they happen to me.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Just a though but weren't we struggling with the last costume? I'm thinking a cameo costume would fit in well. My choice would be Richter or some other fire based character so we could alter Tempest and Rising Falcon to look like their Fire versions (without any actual change to how they work). This would not only give us the cameo costume colour that SSB seems so fond of but it would also be a great way of getting Kaenrekku into Brawl without having to find space in his movelist for it or resorting to Dawn voices (which suck).

Zephron

Smash Ace
Just a though but weren't we struggling with the last costume? I'm thinking a cameo costume would fit in well. My choice would be Richter or some other fire based character so we could alter Tempest and Rising Falcon to look like their Fire versions (without any actual change to how they work). This would not only give us the cameo costume colour that SSB seems so fond of but it would also be a great way of getting Kaenrekku into Brawl without having to find space in his movelist for it or resorting to Dawn voices (which suck).

Sorry, but you can't have a costume have different graphics on his/her moveset, compared to the other costumes.

I haven't played ToS2, but if anyone wants to make a costume for that person, be my guest.

...we weren't struggling with the last costume though, it's the Beach outfit.

I decided not to work on it because no other work is being done and we have better things to do if we want to be productive.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ok, I though you lot were saying that the beach costume required an annoying amount of polygon work.

No matter though, while others may or may not have liked the idea of a cameo costume, I just wanted Kaenrekku. I know I won't be getting it though.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
that could be done, but it wouldnt be texture specific. it would apply to all textures.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
not sure if youre talking to me, but regardless.

as far as i know, that is not possible.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Wolf's gun is an external graphic stored inside the character file, actually, and it hasn't been modified yet. Either way, I don't think it's worth spending hours to get different different Tempest effects per costume, just for a minor detail like that.

As Zeph said, they have better things to do if they want to be productive.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If you really want, can't you just add fire GFX onto Tempest?
Yeah but you can't just replace Tempest with Kaenrekku, that's not right either.

As Zeph said, they have better things to do if they want to be productive.
That they do.

Wolf's gun is an external graphic stored inside the character file, actually, and it hasn't been modified yet. Either way, I don't think it's worth spending hours to get different different Tempest effects per costume, just for a minor detail like that.
If I knew the first thing about hacking smash (and actually had the means to do it), I'd spend months on it if that's what it took. I just love Kaenrekku. I don't know why.
I'd probably throw in Omega aswell while I was at it but I'd never use it over good ol' Blazing.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Hrm. Thinking about it, now....

What did you guys intend to work on the first chance you had to work on it? AKA What's the first hurdle you want to jump?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Can you guys test something for me?

After putting Gray Fox's ef.pac in properly, I looked at the Sword Glow parameters in the Assist trophy version and noticed that the Glow's refer to the flie labled 00000000.

The Color ID's(The first prameters) were E(Orange) and F(Light Blue)....

They work on my Gray Fox perfectly.

Saki's points to the same file and it's color ID is 3(Fuschia)...........

Ditto For Lyn with the ID 15(Gray)....

Can you guys test these for on Lloyd to see if the colors come up???

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Can you guys test something for me?

After putting Gray Fox's ef.pac in properly, I looked at the Sword Glow parameters in the Assist trophy version and noticed that the Glow's refer to the flie labled 00000000.

The Color ID's(The first prameters) were E(Orange) and F(Light Blue)....

They work on my Gray Fox perfectly.

Saki's points to the same file and it's color ID is 3(Fuschia)...........

Ditto For Lyn with the ID 15(Gray)....

Can you guys test these for on Lloyd to see if the colors come up???
set parameter 11 in the swordglow command to 00000000 and change the color to one of those to see if there is color?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes.

If not, you may be able to use EFLS editing as in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtCMejIpPE&feature=player_embedded
to insert a proper Sword Glow for Lloyd and inset the glow textures in the ef.pac.
You should try to get Gray Fox's effects so that both blades can have their own color trails.

Or try to figure out Marth's.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
EY, you rock. This will really add to Lloyd's animations and flow with his swords.

EDIT: I got Windows 7 recently and I'm currently grabbing Brawl hacking utilities. I'm hoping to have time during Winter Break and in spots around November to try and learn a couple things.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
YEASSHHH!!!

sword trails, no lloyd will have appropriate thing going on. lets just hope you can get the sword trails color to be different depeding on his moves like marth.

oh we can never forget these.

just remember dwarven vow #7

Goodness and Love will always win...

oh and number 16

you can do anything if you try.

Top Bottom