• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
The next ToS character should easily be Kratos/Zelos, I personally like Zelos a lot more but their are just too many fan boys to let Zelos be in the game rather then zelos. Plus as Lloyd was a swordsmen he has great move set potential as where people like raine/genis have limited skills due to cheapness/ undair casting times. Kratos/Zelos/Sheens/Regal/Presea would all work great! Aswel as Yggdrasil/Kvar/Decus(I think thats how its spelled) Either way what would be great is another playable character then an antagonist. I didn't do Jack on lloyd but I would be glad to make a full moveset and help with animations for other characters.

EDIT: Also if we are going to do this do it right... Lloyd over wolf Kratos/Zelos over Falco Yggdrasil over fox... just got rid of a crappy character series for a good one (although I do like wolf)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Seems like a bit of a cop-out to put her over PT of all people, to me. Besides, he's mostly going by who has texture hacks of them already.
The point is, Sheena has little in the way of move variety and is used more as a summoner than a fighter. As such, it would make sense to use Efreet, Celcius and someone and have her work like PT does, rather than fighting herself.

That's how I see it anyway, though Pyre Seal is awesome.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I apologize.

Before going back to Lloyd, when I said Ike's style and Emil's are similar, I merely meant the way they wield their swords - brutishly and violent. For example, both Devil's Hellfire and Great Aether have them pounding their foes with reckless sword slashes before slamming down with a fiery finisher.

Now, back to Lloyd. I'd like to know which animations currently have higher priority over the others. Is it the fall and landing, swimming...I'd like to know.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
How about we get back to the subject of lloyd.

i mean how about the side-b in the air glitch?

final smash?

definetely sword glows?
To be honest, I think this the exact order those problems should be addressed. Rising Falcon should be fixed to work in the air, followed by a least a beta of Divine Justice and/or Falcon's Crest, and THEN the sword glows.

Because until Lloyd gets his own, I don't mind having him fight alongside Link and borrowing Link's sword glows. I am more concerned with getting his moveset balanced, whether complete or not.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah. While they are probably the most important visual aspect to be adressed, sword glows are still only visuals and us such shouldn't take priority over functionality. Plus, FSs should come last out of the functionality issues due to the comparitively small userbase (not everyone who will use Lloyd will use items with him).

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
You know...I think I know what the second half of Lloyd's FS should look like.

First half, he holds the ES in both hands while the diamond sparkle effect from Zelda's default B spins around him, dealing 8 hits of 2-3% slash damage, then, he leaps into the air, sword behind him, with either Samus or Lucario's default B at the sword's tip, and then he slams the sword towards the ground, doing 28-34% fire damage and high knockback with the Pokemon move Eruption. (Don't remember if its Moltres, Entei or Groudon that uses it, though).

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Of course, because the move itself is epic! However...this is only my opinion. Whatever way you want to style his FS is not my choice to make.

fleish

Smash Cadet
Is there really no way to custom-make the graphics/effects by oneself? We have to take them from existing attacks?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Not exactly. It's just that Richter says he's used to working with limitations like that, so he's just basing his idea off what Brawl already has. Some of Lloyd's attacks like Beast have custom effects already.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Not exactly. It's just that Richter says he's used to working with limitations like that, so he's just basing his idea off what Brawl already has. Some of Lloyd's attacks like Beast have custom effects already.
My point exactly. Why make all of Lloyd's attacks entirely custom when some of the effects are already used in Brawl?

Though....while Divine Justice did have an element in Dawn of the New World, it didn't in the original...so, it might not work unless you replace the fire hitbox and recolor the effect.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and a quick side-question...would it be possible to use Lloyd's Victory theme with other characters?

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
yeah easily

just rename the BSRTM to the appropriate victory theme.

but what i don't like is the simply fact, well it goes for all characters in the series.

i really wish dantarion finished his code for each character having their own individual victory theme as long as you used a song that you would never USE

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Alright. I have all but Raine, Marta, Richter and Presea, so I'm going to give the Symphonia team the Won the Battle! victory theme.

I just have to find it again. Ugh......I really need to clean out my computer's files.....

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
yeah easily

just rename the BSRTM to the appropriate victory theme.

but what i don't like is the simply fact, well it goes for all characters in the series.

i really wish dantarion finished his code for each character having their own individual victory theme as long as you used a song that you would never USE
Wait....someone is working on a hack to give characters separate themes? Hm....I wonder...

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
someone WAS doing that.

but it doesn't work, for some odd reason. well also, i don't know much. but i guess it didn't work. i don't know much for it was before i ever registered or even got TRULY started on Brawl hacks.

fleish

Smash Cadet
Just take the "Raining" sound clip from "Raining Tiger Blade," take out the "R" and "n" sounds, and replace them with "Bl" and "z" sounds from other clips. Add "Tempest". There you go. :)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
inb4TEENTITANSGO!
It was worth trying. I had been told Robin said the required words. They were lies though.

Just take the "Raining" sound clip from "Raining Tiger Blade," take out the "R" and "n" sounds, and replace them with "Bl" and "z" sounds from other clips. Add "Tempest". There you go. :)
You'd've thought that the "Bla" from "Tiger Blade", the "sing" from "Rising Falcon" and the "Tempest" from "Omega Tempest" would do it but those who actually have audio editing ability tell me that this isn't so.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
You'd've thought that the "Bla" from "Tiger Blade", the "sing" from "Rising Falcon" and the "Tempest" from "Omega Tempest" would do it but those who actually have audio editing ability tell me that this isn't so.
Really? Because that makes a whole lot more sense, unless the "Bla" bit sounds weird with the "zing"

Arcade

Smash Ace
Lloyd sounds more mellow when he says the "Blade" in Tiger Blade. I don't think it would mesh with his Rising Falcon soundbit, as he says it louder and with more enthusiasm...

Top Bottom