• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
He sorta just hang's their, in the air.

in his ground side b, but he is in his side b pose...

it's quite funny because some one can live forever in that mode.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Ah, so it could be exploited as a stalling move? I see...

If need be and if I have time, I could look at the PSA and see if I can find anything. I've been away from PSA for far too long. ^^;

EDIT: By looking at it, I see there was only a timer event and a Change Action event in the 1D2 subaction. I made a small, tentative patch that I hope links to the grounded Side B subaction; but I think I'll do a little homework before trying it out and seeing if it works.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so it could be exploited as a stalling move? I see...

If need be and if I have time, I could look at the PSA and see if I can find anything. I've been away from PSA for far too long. ^^;

EDIT: By looking at it, I see there was only a timer event and a Change Action event in the 1D2 subaction. I made a small, tentative patch that I hope links to the grounded Side B subaction; but I think I'll do a little homework before trying it out and seeing if it works.
If the aerial version of that works, i will love you forever no homo.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Well, that solution didn't work, but I have another one up my sleeve. I'm going to test it now...

EDIT: Yeah, that didn't work, either. I'm gonna look into terminating subactions on the fly. I'll get back to you guys when I find something.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
DS22 you fixed his aerial Side-B

He still does it in the air, but after it ends, he falls to the ground like normal. and it acts like a recovery move. now all is needed is his Final smash. then he is "complete"

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Gow, I wish I knew about that Additional Requirement argument before. I tried adding an additional Change Action event with the other requirement, but I got nothing.

Thanks, man!

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Though, i think you should enter Special Fall, when it is used in the air, cause you can spam that all day long , to get out of sticky situations.

but the glitch is fixed =D

one of 2 is out, so the last one, probably more complicated, will be done eventually.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
In the meantime, if you guys need any more things to help be debugged, I'll be happy to help however I can (even though I really didn't help that much, haha XD )! ...Provided I have time, of course.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
And grab animations.

Come to think of it, he goes into a T-stance every other move, it seems.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Thank goodness we solved that one...

Just thought I'd note on here that although my area of expertise is over (the visual aspect),
I'd love to test and help in any other way possible.

Not to mention the whole put on KCMM thing when it's finished.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
and i'm still here too. i can still do sounds if i'm needed and i can help with pretty much anything (except the psa, which is the most important D: )

ds22

Smash Lord
Thank goodness we solved that one...

Just thought I'd note on here that although my area of expertise is over (the visual aspect),
I'd love to test and help in any other way possible.

Not to mention the whole put on KCMM thing when it's finished.
And to think it only took a few Additional Requirement events to get it work...

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
What was the Final Smash?????

IF i had that, then the character would be well glitch free. because i like to play with final smash balls often.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Perhaps with the Graces F coming to America, a broader audience will learn to appreciate Tales.
IIRC there's no definite proof of the translation happening and even if it does, I doubt we'd see any change on smashboards.

It's supposed to be Falcon's Crest but was going to be Divine Justice due to lack of a Scott Menville quote for the former. We had a very long discussion about it at one point that resulted in little more than a bad "Blazing Tempest" sound file.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Looks like Lloyd's back on track!

I still support my original idea of combining Divine Justice and Falcon's Crest. Not making something entirely new, just using stuff already in Brawl - because Eruption and Zelda's special effects seem to fit the bill already, like the Raygun's effects for Sonic Thrust and Rising Falcon.

S_SoNick

Smash Rookie
I still support my original idea of combining Divine Justice and Falcon's Crest
They're effectively the same move; the main difference being that the move localized as "Divine Justice" does not require the use of the Material Blades/Eternal Sword.
Personally I'd slightly prefer if you could re-create Falcon's Crest as it's used in every game with Lloyd as a playable character other than Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, but if you can only get the models from Dawn of the New World then Divine Justice is more than similar enough that I, for one, won't have any problem with it.

S_SoNick

Smash Rookie

IF i had that, then the character would be well glitch free. because i like to play with final smash balls often.
Note quite..! The character still goes into the T-pose rather often!

It's supposed to be Falcon's Crest but was going to be Divine Justice due to lack of a Scott Menville quote for the former. We had a very long discussion about it at one point that resulted in little more than a bad "Blazing Tempest" sound file.
Actually, there IS a Menville-voiced version of Falcon's Crest; it's used in Symphonia, and the wording he uses is something like "I'll show you! Divine Justice!" Note that the text at the top still displays the name "Falcon's Crest" for the move. I honestly believed that "Divine Justice" for Lloyd's Mystic Arte in Dawn of the New World was a localization error until I checked Aselia the other day and saw that they have different names in Japan as well.

That's news to me. Last thing I heard it was a fuzzed and distorted image that could have been anything. Still, I bet europe won't see it.
Ah, you've been quite out of the loop! It did start as a distorted image on Day 1, but "Tales of" and the large lower-case "f' from Tales of Graces f could easily be made out, especially when one inverts the colors of the image. It updated daily [weekends excluded] after that with random images from other Namco Bandai games blended into the image, and on the second [third?] day the date "2.2.2011" was rather visible.
The date in question was, of course, the date that the localization was officially announced.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
They're effectively the same move; the main difference being that the move localized as "Divine Justice" does not require the use of the Material Blades/Eternal Sword.
Personally I'd slightly prefer if you could re-create Falcon's Crest as it's used in every game with Lloyd as a playable character other than Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, but if you can only get the models from Dawn of the New World then Divine Justice is more than similar enough that I, for one, won't have any problem with it.
What I meant to say was Falcon's Crest from the original and Divine Justice from Dawn of the New World.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Note quite..! The character still goes into the T-pose rather often!

Actually, there IS a Menville-voiced version of Falcon's Crest; it's used in Symphonia, and the wording he uses is something like "I'll show you! Divine Justice!" Note that the text at the top still displays the name "Falcon's Crest" for the move. I honestly believed that "Divine Justice" for Lloyd's Mystic Arte in Dawn of the New World was a localization error until I checked Aselia the other day and saw that they have different names in Japan as well.

Ah, you've been quite out of the loop! It did start as a distorted image on Day 1, but "Tales of" and the large lower-case "f' from Tales of Graces f could easily be made out, especially when one inverts the colors of the image. It updated daily [weekends excluded] after that with random images from other Namco Bandai games blended into the image, and on the second [third?] day the date "2.2.2011" was rather visible.
The date in question was, of course, the date that the localization was officially announced.
Also, what he meant was Scott Menville actually SAYING Falcon's Crest, not Divine Justice.

Top Bottom