• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I found out that Psi Tempest glitch like in the screenshot I posted up quite a few back is a result of certain control stick inputs. I started it and then rotated the stick in a circle to see what happened and I got it to occur pretty often.

The fix is nice and will be a good lead off for separating RF's dive and landing parts. However, grounded RF will can still get stuck in the last frame of the animation if it trails over the ledge. Fortunately, I can look through the fix to get the answer to that.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Look at Bowser's and Yoshi's Down Special sections in Smash Attacks. See how they work. You should be able to base Rising Falcon off of those.

Edit: And glad to see that the Psi Tempest glitch will be fixed. Also, still no luck on the transparent textures. Every time I put in the updated with transparent swords, they just look normal in-game. Is there something that's in the sword model itself from letting it become transparent? Also, It's interesting how you did the texture for the swords. Normally the texture would be just one side of the sword which will then be doubled and flipped to create the opposite side. But here, you seem to have textures of both sides in one. Well it just seems that way. So I'm not sure what to do about that.

And some bad news, I can't figure out how to vertex. Well, I'm having more of a problem getting the model in Blender first. So until then, I can't do much.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Look at Bowser's and Yoshi's Down Special sections in Smash Attacks. See how they work. You should be able to base Rising Falcon off of those.

Edit: And glad to see that the Psi Tempest glitch will be fixed. Also, still no luck on the transparent textures. Every time I put in the updated with transparent swords, they just look normal in-game. Is there something that's in the sword model itself from letting it become transparent? Also, It's interesting how you did the texture for the swords. Normally the texture would be just one side of the sword which will then be doubled and flipped to create the opposite side. But here, you seem to have textures of both sides in one. Well it just seems that way. So I'm not sure what to do about that.

And some bad news, I can't figure out how to vertex. Well, I'm having more of a problem getting the model in Blender first. So until then, I can't do much.
Good idea, although I will say that I've already set up the base format so that there's a ground start, aerial start (if necessary), the dive itself (a 1 frame animation), the ground ending (the slide with the swords swinging), and an aerial ending (simply falling out of it). That and Yoshi and Bowser's Down B's don't end in the air. It's still good to reference though and I will look through their movesets (and other similar moves) for this.

There were also a huge number of completely random animations that were T-stances that I'm pretty sure Wolf didn't start with so I removed them to cut file size back a big amount.

That's rather odd that the transparency still isn't working... I may look into it later and I really hope we can get the textures done that way. Also, Lloyd's weapons from ToS2 actually came like that in the texture map. If you mess with them, simply copy and flip one side to the other one.

A shame you couldn't figure out that. If you're still looking into it, just look around on the forums or even KC:MM on how to do it.

EDIT: Animations are all set up. Now for some PSA work.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Rising Falcon shouldn't end in the air. It should be continuous until it hits the ground.

Btw Ultraxwing, have you ever got around to that Up Smash? You haven't said anything about it.

And maybe its the swords themselves that aren't letting the transparency work. I could also try fooling around with the textures some more.

And the thing is that I can't tell in BBox if the swords are actually being transparent or not on Lloyd...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Rising Falcon shouldn't end in the air. It should be continuous until it hits the ground.

Btw Ultraxwing, have you ever got around to that Up Smash? You haven't said anything about it.

And maybe its the swords themselves that aren't letting the transparency work. I could also try fooling around with the textures some more.

And the thing is that I can't tell in BBox if the swords are actually being transparent or not on Lloyd...
Are you sure? It would make an instant self-gimp move if you accidentally take it off stage. At the very least, it should put you pretty low but still allow you to recover if you go off stage. I'm curious what others think though before I solidify this decision.

And I guess that's true, which makes it tedious to constantly test it. What format was transparent texture on Ike's vertex'd sword?

Also, Rising Falcon work has been decent. At the moment, I'm trying to connect the start with the dive (and then I'll get to the landing stuff) as well as make sure the start animation actually puts Lloyd into an aerial state. Also, important question: how does one put a negative number in for a value?

EDIT: More progress. I looked at Yoshi's Down B and it worked fairly well to copy it line for line. My main problem is that I also want Lloyd to ignore controller inputs along with ignoring gravity and simply moving at a absolute speed rather than a relative one.

Still having trouble with ignoring controller inputs and the grounded version doesn't actually initiate the dive. Rather, it just lands right away. I noticed Yoshi doesn't have a 1 frame animation for the dive itself. I'll try doing this with Lloyd then.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Rising Falcon should just dive if it misses a target. If it doesn't hit, just make Lloyd cancel out of it.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
GD, who vertexed the swords? and from what. Did you say they were from ToS2?

Because I think its the vertex of the swords. Also, the models from ToS2 are probably more solid. (Since your not able to run through things. you have to run around them) So I don't think that I can make them transparent.
If this is true, then it could also be why your sword glows aren't working. Because they're not showing through the sword model.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Rising Falcon should just dive if it misses a target. If it doesn't hit, just make Lloyd cancel out of it.
Err, wait. I'm confused. Do you mean it should go on indefinitely or it should eventually drop out like Falcon Kick?

GD, who vertexed the swords? and from what. Did you say they were from ToS2?

Because I think its the vertex of the swords. Also, the models from ToS2 are probably more solid. (Since your not able to run through things. you have to run around them) So I don't think that I can make them transparent.
If this is true, then it could also be why your sword glows aren't working. Because they're not showing through the sword model.
nerfispwnage did. They were originally the models for Lloyd's trademark swords and they do have a two-sided texture map. That might actually explain both issues then. Although glows may still be an issue in the same that I haven't gotten trails to load.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Drop out like Falcon Kick if it misses.
Do ending slash of Rising Falcon if it connects.
Alright. Can't do the ending slash in the air though. That would cut out its ability to land on the ground and do the landing slash if you're aiming at an opponent.

Just coming here to say I'll be online more often both here and Skype.

I do want to help finish these things. Gratz on fixing so many of these problems.
Sweet. I may or may not be able to start making more progress today on RF, but I'll see what I can do. I've also been working on making the jab attacks connect better which is annoyingly tough to do. I'm also kind of interested in making Attack12 more like the ToS1 version (if it's different, which I'm pretty sure it is; I believe it's faster for that matter).

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
I don't agree with Rising Falcon canceling mid-air. It's doesn't make sense. Rising Falcon is a move that is meant as a diving attack that hits air-born enemies while also hitting enemies on the ground when he lands. So making him cancel if he hits no one is a no for me.

For the ToS1 attack (I'm assuming that your talking about the upward vorpal sword slash), If you plan on doing it that way then make them function like this:
Attack11>Attack13 (Forward slash to spinning slash) Consecutively pressing Attack button
Attack11>Attack12>Attack11... (Forward slash to upward slash) Hold Attack button
Giving him two separate choices (but easy to activate) for a neutral attack.

Unless your going like this:
Attack11>Attack12>Attack13
Making "Attack11" his upward vorpal sword slash, and "Attack12" his forward vorpal sword slash. Because in ToS, Lloyd can only do his spinning slash if he previously attacked with his forward vorpal sword slash.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't agree with Rising Falcon canceling mid-air. It's doesn't make sense. Rising Falcon is a move that is meant as a diving attack that hits air-born enemies while also hitting enemies on the ground when he lands. So making him cancel if he hits no one is a no for me.
We're talking about a good amount of time, mind you. I just don't think that accidentally using it off the stage should automatically discount your recovery. It should be capable of making a landing from at least the tip of Lloyd's full hop+DJ height and cancel afterward.

For the ToS1 attack (I'm assuming that your talking about the upward vorpal sword slash), If you plan on doing it that way then make them function like this:
Attack11>Attack13 (Forward slash to spinning slash) Consecutively pressing Attack button
Attack11>Attack12>Attack11... (Forward slash to upward slash) Hold Attack button
Giving him two separate choices (but easy to activate) for a neutral attack.
Actually, that should be very possible and it would merely require some Subaction changes + IIRC, certain IC-basics (whatever variables that account for the control stick input) to accomplish that (not to mention that it's pretty canon too).

Unless your going like this:
Attack11>Attack12>Attack13
Making "Attack11" his upward vorpal sword slash, and "Attack12" his forward vorpal sword slash. Because in ToS, Lloyd can only do his spinning slash if he previously attacked with his forward vorpal sword slash.
Which I'd revert to if the above doesn't work or people don't like the idea.

Also, some work with Allow Interrupt and Allow Specific Interrupt can create a pretty effective system where normal attacks can easily link into artes and make it so that certain artes (ie. Demonic Circle, Beast) cannot link any further. However, because of moveset limitations, it's kind of a shame that we can't make use of the whole Lv. 1, Lv. 2, and Lv. 3 arte linking. So, I'm probably aiming to add interrupts where appropriate (again, Beast even though it's a Lv. 1 Arte).

And another thing is that I need to revise Beast so that it appropriately requires On Hit to activate. That, and work on Hunting Beast and Demonic Circle at some point.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would say the RF should fall indefinitely but be cancellable after falling something like 2.5x the gained height. Further more, it should go through enemies if activated in the air and go into the ending hit on landing, regardless of whether the move has connected or not.
This would mean that it's not a useful recovery tool unless you have excess height and need to recover sideways but that it won't kill you if you miss the ledge either. It also means that it won't be an inescapable double KO if it connects off stage (unless it's used as a recovery gimp from onstage) and that any potential use as a pseudo-wavedash leaves the player in an attack animation that allows the opponent to punish them. This attack animation would actually be beneficial if the opponent is infront of Lloyd though and especially so if they've been moved into place by an onstage activated RF.
Combine all this with the damaging frames before the actual fall starts and you've got a massive amount of hidden depth within this single move.

Speaking of depth though, is Lloyd's Beast effect currently a projectile? His more official incarnations have had his backhand slam be a powerful attack with a fair amount of stun, shield break and knockback while the actual beast head does a second hit with less damage (though still not a bad amount) and no stun or shield break at all as far as I can tell. I think that having it work this way would add more depth and a potential drawback to the move as, while the projectile doesn't travel far, a perfectly spaced Deflector Shield could hit Lloyd with it (any closer and the first hit stops the shield unless timed perfectly, any further and the effect dissipates before reaching Lloyd). It could even be made chargeable for greater distance, though that's likely more trouble than it's worth.

What's this about Demonic Circle? I don't remember any mention of that before.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
@Ryuu: Demonic Circle is the Down Smash.

And Implementing Lvl.1/2/3 would be over powered. Psi Tempest is lvl.2 So you could possibly go like this:
Attack11>Attack13>Sword Rain>Psi Tempest (Forward/Down)>Rising Falcon
or
Attack11>Attack13>Sword Rain>Psi Tempest (Forward/Down)>Demonic Circle
or even pull off a grab after Psi Tempest to elongate the chain.

Edit: I'm fine with Ryuu's idea for Rising Falcon.

Edit2: GD, could you also make a beta FS for Lloyd. Cause right now he just stands forever in a T-stance. If you could start by basing animations of Divine Justice from ToS2. Which we could later include the eternal sword once its ready.

Edit 3: Could you also get Lloyd to say two different voices for his up special? Like if you use Up-Special and travel forward, he would say "Psi Tempest". But if you travel upwards, he could say "Omega Tempest". Is that possible?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I would say the RF should fall indefinitely but be cancellable after falling something like 2.5x the gained height. Further more, it should go through enemies if activated in the air and go into the ending hit on landing, regardless of whether the move has connected or not.
This would mean that it's not a useful recovery tool unless you have excess height and need to recover sideways but that it won't kill you if you miss the ledge either. It also means that it won't be an inescapable double KO if it connects off stage (unless it's used as a recovery gimp from onstage) and that any potential use as a pseudo-wavedash leaves the player in an attack animation that allows the opponent to punish them. This attack animation would actually be beneficial if the opponent is infront of Lloyd though and especially so if they've been moved into place by an onstage activated RF.
Combine all this with the damaging frames before the actual fall starts and you've got a massive amount of hidden depth within this single move.

Speaking of depth though, is Lloyd's Beast effect currently a projectile? His more official incarnations have had his backhand slam be a powerful attack with a fair amount of stun, shield break and knockback while the actual beast head does a second hit with less damage (though still not a bad amount) and no stun or shield break at all as far as I can tell. I think that having it work this way would add more depth and a potential drawback to the move as, while the projectile doesn't travel far, a perfectly spaced Deflector Shield could hit Lloyd with it (any closer and the first hit stops the shield unless timed perfectly, any further and the effect dissipates before reaching Lloyd). It could even be made chargeable for greater distance, though that's likely more trouble than it's worth.

What's this about Demonic Circle? I don't remember any mention of that before.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I picture Rising Falcon. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to add additional, height-sacrificing recover properties to it like how Falcon Kick restores the Captain's DJ. I'll leave that out then. That might be too strong especially given that there really hasn't been any solid height that Psi Tempest needs to reach to (which, by the way, also needs to be revamped).

The ideas for Beast sound interesting, but I'll focus on just refining its main properties for now. I will consider the fact that higher damage is dealt through the first hit, but it may not be appropriate in an SSB setting.

And like Royal_Blade said, Demonic Circle is DSmash. It's on the layout moveset.

And Implementing Lvl.1/2/3 would be over powered. Psi Tempest is lvl.2 So you could possibly go like this:
Attack11>Attack13>Sword Rain>Psi Tempest (Forward/Down)>Rising Falcon
or
Attack11>Attack13>Sword Rain>Psi Tempest (Forward/Down)>Demonic Circle
or even pull off a grab after Psi Tempest to elongate the chain.

Edit: I'm fine with Ryuu's idea for Rising Falcon.

Edit2: GD, could you also make a beta FS for Lloyd. Cause right now he just stands forever in a T-stance. If you could start by basing animations of Divine Justice from ToS2. Which we could later include the eternal sword once its ready.
Yeah, it kind of would be if it was possible to implement it. You'd be able to combo longer than any character in both Brawl and even Melee. I do want a couple of staple leads though. Without considering grabs, Tiger Blade or Sword Rain after normal attacks could be good starters. Sonic Thrust after can push them away making Rising Falcon viable as a next move (not to say that Sonic Thrust should be interrupt-able by it). The thing I have to be careful about is making sure that cycles of interrupts can't occur.

It's probably a good idea to make the next release have that. I think with RF perfected, Beast adjusted properly for On Hit, Demonic Circle implemented, and a few other things, that'd be pretty good to also add in Falcon's Crest. The issue is that I need to contact thanyou about getting animations for Shouha Soutenzan/Divine Justice if he has them so that it saves me a ton of work. Even without an Eternal Sword model, I could definitely make the move.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
That's good. With an FS to close off the next beta that should be good enough for fun playing. Oh, could you also give him a temporary Usmash? Like Blazing Tempest. Just take Tempest and give it more knockback and fire effects and Lloyd saying "Take This." or something. Because the Usmash right now is a T-stance that im not sure does anything.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That's fine then. I was worried it was going to be another special.

And Implementing Lvl.1/2/3 would be over powered.
Yeah, I didn't say anything but I really didn't like the idea of it when it was brought up in the Emil thread. That mechanic just doesn't belong in smash.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I picture Rising Falcon. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to add additional, height-sacrificing recover properties to it like how Falcon Kick restores the Captain's DJ.
I'm pretty sure that would be broken.

The ideas for Beast sound interesting, but I'll focus on just refining its main properties for now. I will consider the fact that higher damage is dealt through the first hit, but it may not be appropriate in an SSB setting.
The idea is that the first hit does stun and knockback, while the second hit only does damage so isn't that effective on its own.

Sonic Thrust after can push them away making Rising Falcon viable as a next move (not to say that Sonic Thrust should be interrupt-able by it). The thing I have to be careful about is making sure that cycles of interrupts can't occur.
I like the idea of RF's landing hit being cancellable into smashes but I think it should be all uncharged smashes and it shouldn't allow him to turn round. This way the vulnerability of the landing remains while still giving him a fair number of options to work with it.
What do you think?

Could you also get Lloyd to say two different voices for his up special? Like if you use Up-Special and travel forward, he would say "Psi Tempest". But if you travel upwards, he could say "Omega Tempest". Is that possible?
IIRC the intention was to use Tempest for the ground and the extension for the air. I'd love it if we could then get Kaenrekku as a grounded smash version but that's just me dreaming again.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm pretty sure that would be broken.
You're probably right.

The idea is that the first hit does stun and knockback, while the second hit only does damage so isn't that effective on its own.
The problem is with how low startup the first hit has

I like the idea of RF's landing hit being cancellable into smashes but I think it should be all uncharged smashes and it shouldn't allow him to turn round. This way the vulnerability of the landing remains while still giving him a fair number of options to work with it.
What do you think?
I might not know how to limit charging although I really don't think that will do much to have them available anyways. I think there may be a way to prevent turnaround with smashes though so I could definitely implement that.

IIRC the intention was to use Tempest for the ground and the extension for the air. I'd love it if we could then get Kaenrekku as a grounded smash version but that's just me dreaming again.
[/quote]

What I think I'll try to do with the current Psi Tempest is split it into Omega and Psi. The startup allows you to prep which move you do. After hitting Up B, holding forward will initiate Psi Tempest for horizontal recovery and a decent ground-covering approach. Holding up or not holding anything will perform Omega Tempest which will jump up a fair distance and then another hop both adding a window of control to them until special fall. What do you think of that?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The problem is with how low startup the first hit has
Hmm... Perhaps the damage of the first hit could be lowered so that most of the damage came from the projectile, which would then be chargeable. It may be better just to leave it as is though.

I might not know how to limit charging although I really don't think that will do much to have them available anyways. I think there may be a way to prevent turnaround with smashes though so I could definitely implement that.
I don't think there's any necessity to limiting charging as it would only serve to make the player stay vulnerable longer and provide a window of escape if a grounded RF had caught an opponent.

What I think I'll try to do with the current Psi Tempest is split it into Omega and Psi. The startup allows you to prep which move you do. After hitting Up B, holding forward will initiate Psi Tempest for horizontal recovery and a decent ground-covering approach. Holding up or not holding anything will perform Omega Tempest which will jump up a fair distance and then another hop both adding a window of control to them until special fall. What do you think of that?
Why the hop? And would it be possible to have down as a Kaenrekku in place then?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hmm... Perhaps the damage of the first hit could be lowered so that most of the damage came from the projectile, which would then be chargeable. It may be better just to leave it as is though.
Yeah, I'll work on refining it first (On Hit, etc.) and then we'll get into this more.

I don't think there's any necessity to limiting charging as it would only serve to make the player stay vulnerable longer and provide a window of escape if a grounded RF had caught an opponent.
Exactly. It's almost the same risk as a charged smash in any other situation.

Why the hop? And would it be possible to have down as a Kaenrekku in place then?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Omega Tempest mostly climbed upwards and had an additional hop that went backwards. What I want to do is make them both straight up, but allow control for each. I can see you're absolutely dying to have Kaenrekku in. Should I just replace Psi Tempest with it then or what?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Wow, how did I miss that? I'd leave the "hop" with slight backwards momentum if uncontrolled just so that it mimics the in game version slightly better but I'm all for the controllability of it. The move itself shouldn't be as controllable as the "hop" but it should definitely have some control.

As for Kaenrekku, as much as it pains me to admit it, the other tempest variants are probably more important as Kaen serves only as a damage boosted regular tempest while the other have their range boosted in different directions for recovery purposes. If you can somehow fit Kaenrekku in, that would be great, but it cannot take priority over the rest of the project, no matter how much I personally like the move.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wow, how did I miss that? I'd leave the "hop" with slight backwards momentum if uncontrolled just so that it mimics the in game version slightly better but I'm all for the controllability of it. The move itself shouldn't be as controllable as the "hop" but it should definitely have some control.
Yeah, it might be a good idea to restrict the "hop" part, but leave the first jump itself fairly controllable (although mostly aiming forwards).

As for Kaenrekku, as much as it pains me to admit it, the other tempest variants are probably more important as Kaen serves only as a damage boosted regular tempest while the other have their range boosted in different directions for recovery purposes. If you can somehow fit Kaenrekku in, that would be great, but it cannot take priority over the rest of the project, no matter how much I personally like the move.
If I can find a place for it, I'll try to put it in just for you.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
btw GD, how do you animate Lloyd for his attacks? I can't even preview his model in Brawl Box. I could help with animating since vertexing is getting nothing so far but, as i said, I can't preview the model to work on animations.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If I can find a place for it, I'll try to put it in just for you.
Thanks but do remember that the rest of the character is more important as it's for the entire audience, not just me.

EDIT: I'm just wondering but are Beast and Rising Falcon the only moves with that amount of variation possible in terms of execution? I mean, the discussion on Tempest is almost entirely input based and the workings of Demon fang are practically set in stone. Are RF and potentially Beast (depending on what happens with it) going to be the main hidden potential moves for Lloyd?
I guess this is the sort of thing that needs to be considered...

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
@Ryuu: What do you mean by "main hidden potential"?

@GD: If you want sword glows, you'll probably need new swords that are originally brawl swords. Unless you can find something in ToS2.

Actually... If we can get a model from any Radiant Mythology games or ToVS of the material blades, they should have a glow on them. If someone wants to go through the trouble of getting it. Other than that, you'd probably need to vertex someone else's swords. You could base the Vorpal Sword off of Link's Master Sword, and the Flamberge off of either one of Pit's blades or renkaken's Kratos vertex on Marth.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
You would have to hex it to be a different model for those vertexes to be seperate.

and sword glow work a lil different. you can vertex a sword glow i think. just use links.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
btw GD, how do you animate Lloyd for his attacks? I can't even preview his model in Brawl Box. I could help with animating since vertexing is getting nothing so far but, as i said, I can't preview the model to work on animations.
Err, you're using one of the costumes from the beta pack, right? It should be able to load up into Brawl Box perfectly fine. Then you just disable polygon 6 and Toon_v1. For animations, load FitWofMotionEtc.pac.

Thanks but do remember that the rest of the character is more important as it's for the entire audience, not just me.

EDIT: I'm just wondering but are Beast and Rising Falcon the only moves with that amount of variation possible in terms of execution? I mean, the discussion on Tempest is almost entirely input based and the workings of Demon fang are practically set in stone. Are RF and potentially Beast (depending on what happens with it) going to be the main hidden potential moves for Lloyd?
I guess this is the sort of thing that needs to be considered...
I'm not entirely sure. Again, once the refinement process on most of the current moves is done, then exploring the technical aspects will become a more appropriate topic. Things like RF not having a DJ restore at the end of it is relevant though and very easy to do (and in this case, it's not being done anyways).

@GD: If you want sword glows, you'll probably need new swords that are originally brawl swords. Unless you can find something in ToS2.

Actually... If we can get a model from any Radiant Mythology games or ToVS of the material blades, they should have a glow on them. If someone wants to go through the trouble of getting it. Other than that, you'd probably need to vertex someone else's swords. You could base the Vorpal Sword off of Link's Master Sword, and the Flamberge off of either one of Pit's blades or renkaken's Kratos vertex on Marth.
That might be the case then. Importing the Flamberge off of renkaken's Kratos vertex and forming the Vorpal Blade off of the Master Sword, renaming the bones, and then sizing it properly would be the other step for getting glows to work if that's the case. But I wouldn't advise trying this until other things actually work like loading textures in Wolf's ef part of his .pac for trails to work, probably the main reason glows aren't showing up anyways.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Well... there is some bad news for me.

My Riivolution channel vanished... And I for some reason don't have THC on my wii... So I'm out of business on hacks until I can get that up and running again.

And I can't actually preview the model. Everytime I go into ModelData[0] > 3DModels(NW4R), I get an error and the model file doesn't appear. Though it worked fine in-game...(Before the above issue occurred)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Err, you're definitely using one of the ancient files that wasn't fixed up to preview in Brawl Box. Just download the beta.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Err, you're definitely using one of the ancient files that wasn't fixed up to preview in Brawl Box. Just download the beta.
Did you update the link to the beta? Cuz I believe that's where I got mine from... I'll re download them tomorrow to be sure.

Also, will you be including a video update on Lloyd? With a video up with the beta, we could get more interests into this again.

Another thing, about Hunting Beast. How do you plan on activating it? Pressing B at a certain part of the animation to activate the extension? If you do plan on making it that way, i'd suggest separating the animations for beast. Like So:

Special(Air)Lw1Start: Starting the initial starting shoulder charge.
Special(Air)Lw1End: The shoulder charge is executed releasing the beast head and animation reverting to idle.
Special(Air)Lw2Start:The shoulder charge is executed releasing the beast head and Lloyd goes into a flip into the air preparing to slam the floor.
Special(Air)Lw2Loop: The looping of the frame that's preparing to slam the floor.
Special(Air)Lw2End: The slam on the floor and animation reverting to idle.

How does that sound?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Did you update the link to the beta? Cuz I believe that's where I got mine from... I'll re download them tomorrow to be sure.

Also, will you be including a video update on Lloyd? With a video up with the beta, we could get more interests into this again.

Another thing, about Hunting Beast. How do you plan on activating it? Pressing B at a certain part of the animation to activate the extension? If you do plan on making it that way, i'd suggest separating the animations for beast. Like So:

Special(Air)Lw1Start: Starting the initial starting shoulder charge.
Special(Air)Lw1End: The shoulder charge is executed releasing the beast head and animation reverting to idle.
Special(Air)Lw2Start:The shoulder charge is executed releasing the beast head and Lloyd goes into a flip into the air preparing to slam the floor.
Special(Air)Lw2Loop: The looping of the frame that's preparing to slam the floor.
Special(Air)Lw2End: The slam on the floor and animation reverting to idle.

How does that sound?
If it's not giving you the full package, just look for it on Brawl Vault.

Sadly, I have no tools to record video off of the TV although I wish I had some. I'm planning on getting a job so I can buy one without too many concerns.

I haven't entirely formulated a plan for Hunting Beast yet.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Just some not-so-relavent info, but this is for Tales (Dawn of the New World) fans:
ORIGINAL CAST CAN LEVEL UP!
Unlock Lloyd & Co. for leveling [dcx2]
* C209F828 00000003
* 2C030000 4082000C
* 38600001 7C7FF1AE
* 80010024 00000000
You might have to view the character at the status screen to unlock, but it shows how much EXP you need for the next level now.

And to prevent the game from reseting their stats and EXP:
Prevent Stat Resets for Lloyd & Co. [ShadowX39]
* 0404BEE8 60000000
* 0404BEF4 60000000
* 0404BF00 60000000
* 0404BF0C 60000000
* 0404BF14 60000000
* 0404BF1C 60000000
* 0404BF2C 60000000
* 0404BF34 60000000
* 0404BF3C 60000000
* 0404BF40 60000000
* 0404BF44 60000000
* 0404BF48 60000000
* 0404BF4C 60000000
* 0404BF50 60000000
* 0404BF54 60000000
* 0404BF58 60000000
* 0404BF5C 60000000
* 0404BF60 60000000
* 0404BF64 60000000
* 0404BF68 60000000
* 040A04E8 60000000
* 040A04F4 60000000
* 040A04FC 60000000
* 040A0508 60000000
* 040A0574 60000000
This will stop the game from resetting Richter + Lloyd and crew's data, it should make changes you did to their stats permanent.
Last line should prevent EXP resets.

Just wanted to share the news. Just released today. :O

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Most of the moves do pretty much what they look like they do and very little else. RF on the other hand, under the current idea, is visually identical but functionally different based on the state of the user at the point of activation. It then also has a non-signposted cancel point after a certain amount of falling as well as another hidden point at which the final hit can be canceled into any smash attack. This adds a variety of uses that aren't immediately obvious and thus adds depth to Lloyd's gameplay. This is what I'm talking about.

Another thing, about Hunting Beast. How do you plan on activating it? Pressing B at a certain part of the animation to activate the extension?
The original idea was simply to use the downward slam part of Hunting Beast as the aerial version and regular Beast on the ground.

ORIGINAL CAST CAN LEVEL UP!
That's a rather nice find.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Most of the moves do pretty much what they look like they do and very little else. RF on the other hand, under the current idea, is visually identical but functionally different based on the state of the user at the point of activation. It then also has a non-signposted cancel point after a certain amount of falling as well as another hidden point at which the final hit can be canceled into any smash attack. This adds a variety of uses that aren't immediately obvious and thus adds depth to Lloyd's gameplay. This is what I'm talking about.
Yeah, I get what you mean. Well, I will tell you that the canceling system on a number of moves will allow players to find different combinations of moves that work out well whether when trying to combo, ease off pressure, or lead into a KO move. I'm hoping it isn't too broken though.

The original idea was simply to use the downward slam part of Hunting Beast as the aerial version and regular Beast on the ground.
This, pretty much.

That's a rather nice find.
Yeah, that actually fixes one of the big flaws in DotNW. What they need to have now (if they don't already) is allowing Emil to be switched out. I do know there are codes to switch in a character over him, but it's more or less being able to do it in-game and choose. I'm kind of curious whether the ToS1 cast gains skills over levels or if they are just set with them every time they join you.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Well, I will tell you that the canceling system on a number of moves will allow players to find different combinations of moves that work out well whether when trying to combo, ease off pressure, or lead into a KO move. I'm hoping it isn't too broken though.
Yeah, good luck with that. It definitely sounds like it could end up broken but we'll see.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The main potential problem is that the combos involved are composed of moves that mechanically link to each other rather than natural combos like Melee Falcon doing a UThrow into two Uairs and a Knee. We'll see though.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would rather that this way of doing things be kept to a minimum but its use in some places would make sense and it shouldn't be a big issue if used wisely and in moderation.
I am more in favour of seeing "natural" combos arise though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I would rather that this way of doing things be kept to a minimum but its use in some places would make sense and it shouldn't be a big issue if used wisely and in moderation.
I am more in favour of seeing "natural" combos arise though.
Well, I do know one place where it will make the most sense and that is out of any normal attack (aka Attack11, 12, 13). The others that I might consider would be Demon Fang, Tiger Blade, and maybe Rising Falcon with the current idea. Tempest and any smash attack is an automatic "no" for the interrupt.

Top Bottom