• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd actually has Lightning Thrust. You need to use Sonic Thrust 200+ times with lightning element active.

But I agree, no lightning thrust, we have sonic thrust as S-Smash (which is enough) and Tiger Blade is fitting as S-Tilt.

Edit: I'll look at the voices GuyGardiosX.

And I'll work on those animations GD.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I can't vouch for Tiger Blade as a UTilt either. Also, the Unison Attack swing would be more ideal for a FTilt than Lightning Thrust, but we already have Tiger Blade anyways.

Great.... let's focus on actually finishing Lloyd first. Before Project M or anything else is even considered.
Well of course. No point in modifying something for another mod when we're not even finished.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
UA slash would make sense on S-Tilt, but I'm not sure about Tiger Blade on dash attack.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
The UA slash should be the dash attack. It's stance is similar to the landing of Rising Falcon; Lloyd slashes while sliding across the ground a bit.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The UA slash should be the dash attack. It's stance is similar to the landing of Rising Falcon; Lloyd slashes while sliding across the ground a bit.
It's also practically the same as the move known as "sonic slash" that I've been arguing should be there ever since I joined these forums. Obviously, I'm in favour of this.

What's Lloyd's dash attack right now? Wasn't it a cool multi-hit spin move?
What's wrong with that?
I've not seen this move but it doesn't sound like a dash attack to me.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

Meh, dont trust my pitiful description. Just download Lloyd and actually see it for yourself before we suggest to make a revision to a move we've already made.
It is, yeah. I should change the animation though so that it moves a bit farther. For a dash attack, it stops very short and that's probably my main problem with it (which is more of a simple animation thing I can fix).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, a number of things will bother you and it was actually picking this up myself (since I had originally preferred having Wolf around until recently) that made me really want to fix it up. However, I've been losing free time once again in a summer of all seasons and I haven't gotten to work on it more. What I'm thinking of doing though, is fixing the freeze from Sonic Thrust and then probably distributing it amongst the team and maybe releasing a download (although I really, really want Rising Falcon completely fixed before that).

Zephron

Smash Ace
Well I won't be sing the sound or icons as they're a pain to set up and aren't helped by being a pal user.
Anyway, good luck with it and I hope to enjoy the finished thing at some point.

I did make easy readme files explaining everything relating to how to install the icons and everything, tho.

Jus sayin. It does take a little bit to do though.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah, I found those. The may have helped but I'm still not exactly certain where to start. Maybe some time in the future.

Anyway, I had some games with him and it's worse than I expected, though once you get used to certain moves not working, it becomes a bit better. Rising Falcon is broken in that version, both literally and in the sense of being unfair. You can recover from just about anything with it. Obviously, that's changing already though.

The dash attack fits better than I expected. I'm not sure I like it still but with a good bit of forward motion, it could well work out. Tiger Blade as Ftilt seems odd but it also appears to work well so I'm happy with that. I'm not sure on Tempest as Utilt though, especially with the way it loops endlessly if you keep pressing the button (that's not as broken as it sounds though as I can still be hit out of it) and it racks up damage pretty fast.

I would suggest changing Tempest to tilt UpB and having Psi/Omega as one move for smash UpB.
With this suggestion, I would have the smash angleable like Yoshi's eggs (with the most forward part of the Upsmash zone of the controller having almost no upward momentum), rather than directable after startup and I would have it go somewhere between the current distance and two thirds of that, I'm not sure of the exact distance but those are the boundaries to where it might be balanced as I see them.
For the tilt, I would have it work like it does now, except with the B button. I would have it lose only a tiny bit of height if used aerially so as not to make the smash/tilt slip up too dreadful and I would also allow other specials to link out of it seamlessly, again to prevent issues with the whole smash/tilt thing. Finally, I would make it chargeable, with charges adding flames and a small amount of damage, though nothing major. This charge wouldn't be worth the time it took in the vast majority of scenarios and only really exist to look cool.
Smash and tilt could easily be the other way round if you want.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm planning on decreasing Tempest's range (pulling the swords closer to Lloyd) and increasing the endlag on it as a means to balance it for now unless it gets a lot of support to be replaced.

Also, I'm pretty sure smash specials are hardcoded with Samus being the only character who possesses one.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That's what I've heard regarding smash specials too. It'd be a lot of work to do it that way. Quite possibly more than it's worth. I just think that Tempest is a great moves as is but it simply doesn't fit the position of up smash.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, if it's any help, I'm going to add some functions to the current Up B so that holding the stick in certain directions initiates different levels of Tempest with up being Omega Tempest (primarily rises and has a large jump followed by a small hop), diagonally up being Psi Tempest (with its greater launch angle than Tempest), and forward being just Tempest.

Or I'll just use two of those.

red9rd

Smash Ace
i don't know if you guys already know this but i found a glitch when i hold up and press A.
the attack has super range and if you press A a lot Lloyd will blow up

red9rd

Smash Ace
sorry, when i said he had super range i meant he teleports every ounce in a while when doing that attack and i don't know if you guys have a term for what i was referring to as blowing up, but what happened was when i did the attack Lloyd disappeared and then reappeared covering the screen. Lloyd couldn't move but everyone else could. i could only reproduce this 3 times though

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Polygon splashes appear to occur randomly, I don't think it's a side effect of overusing tempest. I believe they have been fixed since the download went up but I'm not sure. The teleportation is linked to this IIRC.

And back on the subject of UpB, how about the current tilt tempest replaces Psi on the ground and we have Yoshi egg style control over the aerial version?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I have still managed to incur some polygon splashes myself. They seem to be completely random and I haven't been able to really track when they occur. It's simply an issue with the model that we probably don't know enough about to fix (beyond already made fixes).

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm..... .did you guys alter the bonerefs in the .pac?

Maybe a reference is over a bone that isn't meant to be used like that.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hmm..... .did you guys alter the bonerefs in the .pac?

Maybe a reference is over a bone that isn't meant to be used like that.
Only thing I could think of as far as bone alteration goes would be removing the extra effects they had on them that were inherently in ToS2 (wind-affected properties that exclusively worked with that game only).

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
All of Lloyd's moves do not need to be artes, do they?

Lloyd can just do a generic twin slash for USmash.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sword Rain: Alpha or any related variations of it does not make any sense as an Up Smash.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I know of Tales of Versus. There isn't anything different to Lloyd in this game.
It just takes the tales system and put it as a 2D platform fighter.

And Lloyd's moves haven't changed.

And thats a good reference for the Guard. I'll alter mine some more to fit that pose.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
I think we should officially put a stop to any discussion of the moveset. Frankly, we have much more important concerns in the immediate future, such as getting all the animations and actually creating the moveset. Instead, we're all getting distracted by every trivial suggestion posted in this thread. That should stop.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I think we should officially put a stop to any discussion of the moveset. Frankly, we have much more important concerns in the immediate future, such as getting all the animations and actually creating the moveset. Instead, we're all getting distracted by every trivial suggestion posted in this thread. That should stop.

But, on the other hand its fun simply to discuss the moveset and not everyone can participate in the activity of completing Lloyd (which is going extremely slow, due to school / life) so the act of talking about Lloyd (which is pretty much limited to his moveset because we cant just make 5000 posts saying he's a cool character) helps others stay interested in this thread.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
And, to some extent atleast, it does actually help the project. There may have been a plan of how Psi Tempest worked to begin with but now all sorts of variations are coming up and while I'm not entirely happy with what has been settled on, this discussion does appear to be leading to positive changes to the move.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
We should discuss moves to an extent and not bash each other for their ideas.

Like Zephron said, we really don't have much more to talk about other than the moves. We really don't want to end up with "Lloyd so cool" and "i no rite?"

Top Bottom