• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia Mafia | Game Over - Town Wins Yayuhzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i dont get the vult hate. if its instinct then fine but hes channeled my spirit quite a few times. ill reread him

and i had a feeling youd say that x1. i repeat:
i guess picking out scum isnt useful :rolleyes:
and clearing myself

why does 3 desians and 1 mithos seem likely? its a dangerous assumption and scum could easily feign scumhunting by working under it. or town can waste its time assuming that. wtf? why are people acting off of this?

X1-12

Smash Champion
lol @ x1-12 saying riddler has done absolutely nothing for town. i guess picking out scum isnt useful :rolleyes:
?? why did you say this then?

clearing yourself wasn't beneficial for town, its just made you do bugger all through the whole of D1 instead of scumhunting

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I've gone through and read and re-read a ton of posts. Here's what I gathered:

Right now the people I find most scummy are Thinkaman and marshy.

Thinkaman

Sorry for being away, trying to finish an RPG before I move tomorrow. (I'll also be AWOL tomorrow)

I'm not sold on the Chaco accusations at all. My ears are open, but for tonight's vote I will stick to Swiss or Zac. Given the Chaco developments on top of everything else, I can't see how killing Zac first would give more information.

unvote
vote Swiss

I'd like to re-read today's explosion of posts; I'll post again later, following this.
He mentioned that he was away for some time and that he wanted to go through and re-read posts. What I don't get is why he switched votes without at least looking at vote counts. I find it unlikely that the hammer was an accident and he was just playing it off with his "away" excuse. Sworddancer and Nix had good follow-up points in that a warning would have been best so that town could have gotten more information (ie. a claim, or refusal of claim, etc).

Vote: Thinkaman

His play seems really scummy and he's my play for the day so far.

---

Marshy

What's up with voting X1 right at the start of toDay? I went back looking for tension between you two but didn't see anything, maybe I missed it. Later on you stated that X1 was scummy but you didn't say why you thought so. Then you switched votes to my wagon, which imo is weird if you think X1 is scum and don't care to explain why.

good instinct. good instinct. i dont think these posts are too useful for determining alignment...but theyre cool
I also don't understand why you brought up these "good instinct" posts and then said they weren't useful... but cool. This seemed to come from nowhere. What were you getting at?

lol @ x1-12 saying riddler has done absolutely nothing for town. i guess picking out scum isnt useful :rolleyes:

someone take my spot on zac wagon cuz lots of dudes are hating on im. who wants to vote x1-12 with me?

unvote vote x1-12
Oh, now you're going after X1 again? You jumped off my wagon because "lots of dudes be hatin on me" What'd you expect given my lack of participation Day 1 and no show Day 2? Seems like a shallow reason to jump ship.

I really don't like this wishy-washy play, but Thinkaman is still my #1 pick so far.

Riddle

Smash Lord
why does 3 desians and 1 mithos seem likely? its a dangerous assumption and scum could easily feign scumhunting by working under it.
I see your point. I still like a sworddancer lynch though.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Concerning my hammering of Swiss:

It's hardly a secret that I spent all of Day 1 focusing on Swiss and you Zac. After I returned and a lot had happened, I felt more strongly about Swiss--the last minute Chaco circus just wasn't right. I wanted to re-read things and try to look for patterns, but one thing was for sure: I wanted Swiss to die.

I'm not sure why you'd expect someone who had been critical of Swiss all day not to vote for him after he starts reaching new-found levels of scum-ness?

As for threatening to get a claim, we were way beyond the point with Swiss where any claim he made would have had an effect on mine (or probably anyone else's) actions. I can't think of anything he could have possible said or claimed that would have made me not hammer him; this was my exact thought process at the time.

why does 3 desians and 1 mithos seem likely? its a dangerous assumption and scum could easily feign scumhunting by working under it. or town can waste its time assuming that. wtf? why are people acting off of this?
I hope this isn't addressed to me. (Especially since I don't think there are any Desians left.) Making assumptions about the setup is bound to get the town in trouble, we should merely keep in mind the possibilities.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@Riddle - Do you have anything else on swords besides the chainsaw defense?

@Zac - So is Thinkaman hammering your only reason for finding him scummy?
- I do like your points against Marshy though =P

unvote
Zac is back atleast, though re-reading isn't really scumhunting <_< Go lay some traps! or something....

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
x1 i named riddler cuz i was giving you the benefit of the doubt and thinking 'man...x1-12 isnt really saying IM useless is he?' go head and cry about me all you want. i lynched scum. you didnt

zac you indeed missed tension between x1 and i. did you not see the post where i told the vig to kill him in literally giant caps? and yeah i vote people without explaining why often andve been doing it all game. i wonder why you care now all of a sudden? i wonder why you think im scummy when im cleared? i switched to you cuz im fine with you being pressured and as soon as i saw momentum going your way i hopped on. no one was with me on x1 before that. my commentary regarding dancers and riddlers instincts was out of pure amusement

as for why i went back to x1 its cuz i can rely on people to keep you at -2 and pressure you while i vote my top scum pick

and thinkaman no my comment regarding the setup speculation wasnt aimed at you. it was my reaction to riddles bad dancer vote

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vult - His comment of "Ask me a question" seemed weird to me at the time.
Keeps me from getting boring and from getting detached from the game.

@Nix: Would you jump on a Rajam wagon if I start one? Pretty please?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm having issues with Thinkaman, Tandora, and Rajam at the moment =P Was starting to think your scum as well Hilt but your posts since i asked about your appearance helped some.

@Swiss - do you mean Chaco and not Chibo?
Don't ask me

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Oh yea...I forgot about that post >_> Sure, why not. Heck I'll start it off.

Vote: Rajam

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@ Zac, why are you berating Think for hammering when there was less than 12 hours left before deadline? How much closer did you want to wait before the day ended? Bad play man.

@Vult, why are you asking people to join you on a wagon w/o giving your own reasons and then asking for reasons?

@ Rajam, why don't you post some? Tried of your lurking especially after your hypocritcal vote on me.

@ the Hydras, could you guys please use your hyrda accounts? ISO is getting ridiculous hard on you guys.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Lynch all lurkers =P and coming from ME...thats kind of bad <_< Considering i lurk a few times myself.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Oi, Nix, are you being serious with that lynch all lurkers thing?

@Marshy; Yo, I like trying to make connections, so sue me.

Also, why are you saying that it's dangerous to make assumptions about the setup when you yourself are assuming that the desains are an indy faction?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Not in the least <_< Vult wanted a excuse for voting Rajam and it was all I could think of.....vote was serious though -_- where's Rajam?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
cuz what else would they be dancer? they flipped yellow. one of them died. theres no vig cuz if there was one hedve shot someone else last night meaning mafia shot them. i guess theres the possibility of the sk but thats just so dumb and why would i gravitate to that when im playing mafia

x1 or rajam can get wagoned now guys

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
excuse, reason -_- details....and sorry, let me spell it out for you then. Rajam Is not posting...Rajam is either here, or not here, either way He Needs to POST >_> Hopefully a few votes will get him to do that....Stop being so picky about everything swords -_-

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
tho id much rather stick with x1 wagon. and by wagon i mean vote him til he dies (gonna be mad salty when he reads this)

hey riddle forget what i said earlier. deadlines tuesday and it being so short after the weekend worries me that we might procrastinate too much

can you ask macman to read the thread?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
excuse, reason -_- details....and sorry, let me spell it out for you then. Rajam Is not posting...Rajam is either here, or not here, either way He Needs to POST >_> Hopefully a few votes will get him to do that....Stop being so picky about everything swords -_-
What makes him a better choice than Zac who is also in the Lurker category?

I'd estimate that they have around the same post counts... maybe Zac has a few more because he had to work to defend himself D1, but I definitely wouldn't place either of them as active posters.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I was being explicitly hypothetical.

How sneaky of me.
I should clarify: When I reread the thread earlier today I took special note of Rajam because I'd forgotten all about him earlier and I do think he's scummy.

Nix stuck out to me too.

So I'm not sure how I feel about a Rajam wagon.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I got school again, so expect lessened activity. I'm still due a reread but for now, I'm okay with doing this.

Vote: X1

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@Vult - Yea, but Zac came back atleast <_< while Im still not liking him that much...he's atleast posted.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
X1-12 - 3: Marshy, Thinkaman, Chaco
UTDZac - 2: Vult Redux, Rajam
Vult Redux -1: Sworddancer
Sworddancer. - 1: Dr. Riddler
Thinkaman - 1:
UTDZac
Rajam - 1:
Nix2100
Not voting - 2: Tandora
, X1-12

Takes 6/11 to lynch!

:059:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I'm actually going to have agree with Zac here, I'm not really feeling the X1 wagon right now.

Anyways, the more I think about it, the more I'm agreeing with the idea that desians were an indy team. So unvote. Vult still's scummy though, last minute band wagon hoping still is lame.

Nix I'm sorry but you confused me. When you said your vote was "serious" you made it sound like that you you wanted Rajam lynched, and that it wasn't just a pressure vote (which I'm assuming it is at this point). As for the reason/excuse thing? Well, yeah that was my more picky side coming out. :p

Anyways, Rajam wagon is fine. vote Rajam

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I *would* like Rajam to post more. A lot more. I don't have much opinion on him built up yet; he's probably the player I've considered least. I consider him more of a lurker than Tandora given the style of posts.

I'm going to maintain my formal vote on x1-12 though, it wasn't a throwaway vote meant to stir the pot. At this point I'd be more comfortable with lynching him than anyone else; we'll see if that changes as Day 2 rolls on.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Nix and Rajam (and heck X1-12): Why do you think Hilt would have been targeted last night? Why not Chaco or marshy?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I *would* like Rajam to post more. A lot more. I don't have much opinion on him built up yet; he's probably the player I've considered least. I consider him more of a lurker than Tandora given the style of posts.

I'm going to maintain my formal vote on x1-12 though, it wasn't a throwaway vote meant to stir the pot. At this point I'd be more comfortable with lynching him than anyone else; we'll see if that changes as Day 2 rolls on.
exactly my thoughts (tho i dont consider tanny a lurker at all i can understand why others might) so consider me on the rajam wagon in spirit

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah I am okay with Tandora's posting habits, but I will say this: I was thinking earlier about how I would have played this game differently as mafia (yeah yeah, what kind of cheese you want with it?) and I realized that I probably would have ended up making fewer, bigger posts.

I don't think that's truly indicative of anything--Swiss wasn't town and basically posted stream of consciousness after all! Personally I'd probably feel better if Tandora made more frequent, smaller posts in line with everyone else, but it's not anywhere near the point where I'm going to hold that against her. Not a priority right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom