• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talking to yourself...

Overload

Smash Lord
I don't really talk to myself, but I do ponder a lot(especially late at night when I'm lying in my bed) about conversations I might have with people. I'll think of how to say my sentences the best as possible, then I'll predict what the other person says and think of a retalliation again. Or when I'm not sure I just think of multiple answers. Also, when I have got a story to tell, I'll prepare it so that when I tell it to someone, it'll sound exciting and not dull. So probably, if I ever tell you a story, I have thought of how I would tell you that story beforehand. Just like what I'm telling right now. There have been countless nights where I've thought about how I would tell this to people. Even that last sentence about how there have been countless nights of thinking.

So yeah, this doesn't have much to do with your problem, but I just wanted to tell that I also have conversations in my head. Only I don't have them with myself, but with 'imaginary' real people I know.
I do that on occasion, but not to the same degree as you. Also, when I first wake up in the morning for school and am really tired random sentences start running through my head that make no sense and might even have words that I've never heard before or don't exist. It's like a word salad. It's almost like I don't have any control over the sentences that I am thinking since I'm so tired. Almost like I'm just sitting there listening.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
If your a closet gay coming out of the closet mite help... mabey ur talking to ur gay inner self... kinduh like mr. garrison on south park... only he does it with a puppet to feel like theres someone there... mabey buy a puppet?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
We should remember that everytime we do this in public other people take it too far

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Ever since I accepted EE as my personal savior, I've been getting more tail you can imagine.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
YAY ITS BACK UP! I hope toadsanime isnt gone forever....
Nah, I'm not gone forever. I was just temporarily infuriated that moderators actually encouraged spamming in people's threads.
However, seeing as that you, the OP, gave your permission for everyone to do so, I guess it's no longer deemed as spamming. In that case, I'll willingly join in with the conversation.

If your a closet gay coming out of the closet mite help... mabey ur talking to ur gay inner self... kinduh like mr. garrison on south park... only he does it with a puppet to feel like theres someone there... mabey buy a puppet?
I actually seriously did that once (kinda'), just without the inclusion of puppets.

Oh, and EE, may I buy a can of 'forgiveness'? I hear you made some of them once in the past but they were not sold off to many customers. If you have any spares still remaining, may I buy one from you...?

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I talk to myself in my head all the time. I usually just hum Guitar riffs and solos the whole day then complement myself for the great job I did in that.

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I talk to myself in my head all the time. I usually just hum Guitar riffs and solos the whole day then complement myself for the great job I did in that.

i get through the fire and flames solos stuck in my head a lot cause ive played it so many billions of times on gh3... ill never get that xpert 4 star...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I talk to myself in my head most of the time but sometimes I'd be reflecting on what happened that day, going through the conversations in my head and sometimes I'd say "that was dumb" when I remember something stupid that I did or I'd reply to a statement or question I remember. I never do it in public, I only find myself doing it when I've been alone for too long when I'm at home.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i talk to myself all of the ****ing time. usually i do all of the listening in a conversation anyways.

lol i dont give a **** if people think its weird either.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
I don't really talk to myself, but I do ponder a lot(especially late at night when I'm lying in my bed) about conversations I might have with people. I'll think of how to say my sentences the best as possible, then I'll predict what the other person says and think of a retalliation again. Or when I'm not sure I just think of multiple answers. Also, when I have got a story to tell, I'll prepare it so that when I tell it to someone, it'll sound exciting and not dull. So probably, if I ever tell you a story, I have thought of how I would tell you that story beforehand. Just like what I'm telling right now. There have been countless nights where I've thought about how I would tell this to people. Even that last sentence about how there have been countless nights of thinking.

So yeah, this doesn't have much to do with your problem, but I just wanted to tell that I also have conversations in my head. Only I don't have them with myself, but with 'imaginary' real people I know.
i do the same thing on a nightlt basis, and i talk out loud when noone is around, i sing too. i just like my voice. (conceited sounding i know) but i have a good voice:)

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Yes. But I do not accept monetary payment.

Sit on this pinecone.
I did it, and surprisingly no pain was inflicted upon doing so. (Probably because it's just a picture but...)

You should try holding a session of Congress in your head. That's a party right there.
The person in your avatar looks as if they're meant to be Stephen Colbert...

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
I talk to myself playin stepmania in sort of an angry way like "WOW 1 ****ing perfect away from AAAA wtf" or "THAT TOOK TOO ****ING LONG FINALLY!"

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I talk to myself because I feel that just thinking a though out through my head won't satisfy me, until I actually speak it in a low-tone voice of course.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I seldom talk to myself, but I do think A LOT at a conscious level, on purpose. So I "hear" that voice that speaks whenever I'm reading or thinking all the time.

Must be my guardian angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also never sounds like me.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I talk to myself occasionally. Yes, I do answer myself.
That, or I'll act as though I'm talking to somebody I know.

I also tend to talk to animals, like my dogs.

Example:
"Yeah, how ya doin, dog? Pretty good, eh? Don't you get bored lyin' around the house all the time? It's a pretty easy life though, eh? Nah, I'm sure you've got problems, too. Everybody does."

It's pretty one-sided, but... I do it anyway. =D

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I do it sometimes when I'm gonna sleep, or I'm in the bathroom(not taking a shower though) or in my mind, sometimes stuff that I felt that would be bad, turned out to be bad, and in they end they actually turned out to be bad =P

Ange

Smash Lord
I talk to myself aaalot. Like Im on the computer I can go around making comments about something Ive read/watched, but mostly I just.. start talking randomly. XD People in the house sometimes wonder who Im talking to, and Im like "Myself lol".

Dolente

Smash Cadet
I sometimes do, sometimes not.

You're not crazy if you argue with yourself. You're crazy if you lose.
Actually, the cutoff for psychosis with respect to this thread is if you talk to yourself but you percieve the answers as coming from someone other than yourself. For obvious reasons, this can only be ascertained by a third party, because you could be standing in a room alone having a row with yourself, but you would think the other side of the altercation was someone else. You might believe this other party to be inside you, a part of you, or possessing you, but never you[i/]. In conclusion, if anyone who has responded to this thread has ever been told by someone else that they were arguing with themselves when they thought that they were arguing with someone else, or if you have someone else inside your head who tells you what to do, please visit your nearest emergency room.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the cutoff for psychosis with respect to this thread is if you talk to yourself but you percieve the answers as coming from someone other than yourself. For obvious reasons, this can only be ascertained by a third party, because you could be standing in a room alone having a row with yourself, but you would think the other side of the altercation was someone else. You might believe this other party to be inside you, a part of you, or possessing you, but never you[i/]. In conclusion, if anyone who has responded to this thread has ever been told by someone else that they were arguing with themselves when they thought that they were arguing with someone else, or if you have someone else inside your head who tells you what to do, please visit your nearest emergency room.

A.K.A; the symptoms of being crazy.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
A.K.A; the symptoms of being crazy.
Well, there are myriad symptoms of "being crazy," but the psychoses are always defined by separation of tought and action, thought and emotion, or will and thought. Either way, if you answer yourself, I personally would recommend an evaluation by a therapist.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Well, there are myriad symptoms of "being crazy," but the psychoses are always defined by separation of tought and action, thought and emotion, or will and thought. Either way, if you answer yourself, I personally would recommend an evaluation by a therapist.
A lot of people seemingly 'answer themselves', though I'm not sure that the majority of people here believe for it to be a seperate entity.

Top Bottom