• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Smash Fest's

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
you know I'm down.

I've got two full setups at my place since my roommate also has Brawl.

Slim De La Crim used to host smashfests but he doesn't have Brawl, so we'll have to see about that.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
I PM'd manko yesterday about arranging times for a smashfest. I could host at my place too but I only have one Wii and my second TV is small (~14 inches, though I can bum a ~20 inch TV from a friend that's not in use). I do have plenty of room though and a decent setup in the living room with a 42" LCD widescreen. Smoker and booze-imbiber friendly. My friend/2's partner/lazy-*******-that-misses-tournaments comes over alot after classes and we got a pretty cheesy 2's team. We're not "pro" (who is after just 2 weeks?) but we're not afraid of losing and learning either.

For instance, Scar and a friend were over yesterday and I lost with Gannondorf after learning that his forward special, when hitting someone over no land, causes him to Ganoncide (was news to me, although I assumed it did). No no, screw that. He FARTcided. Almost. He FartXCancelledCided. YES. That's what we're calling it. ALERT THE INNERNETZ THERE'S A NEW TECH IN TOWN WITH THE BEST NAME EVAR!!11!

Whatever's clever as far as I'm concerned. For Days/Times I'm good all week M-F 6-11PM and any time Sat/Sun. Manko's place, my place, your place. I don't care. Let's just Brawl, Brah!

@Whoever PM'd me yesterday afternoon/night- I can't read it because it's bugged. According to my Inbox it arrived at 7:00PM 1969 and has no title or body. No link to any message. Nothing.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
wasn't my PM.

for now, I probably won't be holding/attending any as I'll be busy with my Girl Friend most this week and next.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
SMASH BROS BEFORE H-- j/k!

If anybody's up for any smash this week and lives around Northdale/Carrolwood (or doesn't mind driving out there) PM me for my phone. My 2's friend isn't coming back around until thurs/fri but I'm always up for some friendly duels/ffa's or whatever.

EDIT: If you don't have me added to your brawl friend's list yet please go ahead and do it. Most people on the florida thread got PM'd with my FC and alias (Lizrd) so you might already have me. I just want to see if it's possible for us to get a zero-lag game since we're in the same city.

slim de la crim

Smash Apprentice
i hope yall didnt forget about me!

well i got to play brawl for the first time. its fun. real fun. but it DOES NOT hold the crown after melee.

BRAWL WILL GET BORING AFTER A FEW YEARS! I DONT EVEN HAVE TO PLAY IT ALOT TO KNOW THAT!

MELEE FOREVER!

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
i hope yall didnt forget about me!

well i got to play brawl for the first time. its fun. real fun. but it DOES NOT hold the crown after melee.

BRAWL WILL GET BORING AFTER A FEW YEARS! I DONT EVEN HAVE TO PLAY IT ALOT TO KNOW THAT!

MELEE FOREVER!

TUREEEEEEE....u said a few yrs...aka when smash 4 comes out lol...slim u need to host a brawl fest cuz ur the best host and people will bring wii+brawl+tvs=funn.....

slim de la crim

Smash Apprentice
TUREEEEEEE....u said a few yrs...aka when smash 4 comes out lol...slim u need to host a brawl fest cuz ur the best host and people will bring wii+brawl+tvs=funn.....

i know but the problem is, is i dont really like brawl that much. its really fun an all but if people come over id rather play melee.......

but we can do that. ill be out of town (i jus myspaced you) but yall can bring over brawl an we can play. but il be out of town for 10 or 11 days so when i get back we can try to work something out.

EDIT: i heard from one of my friends that he did extensive research and he said that the director/producer (that guy with the really long asian name) announced that this was the last installment to the smash series so yeah........this is the last game.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
nah, he said he "developed the game as if it was the last in the series" meaning to try to make it the best possible. He said he did the same for Melee.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'll have to see what my schedule for next week is (should come out today or tomorrow) but I know I can't do anything Saturday. Sunday is possible.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
omg i went to harrietheguys house and we played some brawl..i was olimar and he was ddd...imma say play by play what happened...

announcer: GO!

DDD side-b (electric guy came out) shocked me (which stuns) and DDD F-smashed KO

that 1st stock was a whole 3 seconds long...

Nerodragoon

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, I live in Tampa (currently attending usf) so let me know when you guys are getting together and ill see if i can come too.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
are you staying around campus for summer break though, cause most people are leaving as far as I know... You must not live in a dorm huh?

Go ahead and give me your Brawl number so I can play you online. :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
You're back in town HTG?

I ran into Noucles yesterday, he just left Tampa.

Top Bottom