• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAMPA TOURNAMENT AUG. 25th. - TWILIGHT SHOWDOWN© 6 Presented by ANGER MANAGEMENT©

vericz

Smash Champion
We can now bring 3 tvs since danny got a new one :)

We should get like a discount, maybe not have to pay the door fee, if we bring in a tv. We would be the only ones getting it. Like hiroshi said you guys live so close to this place (20-30minutes??) and dont bring one tv when we live 1 hour and 15 minutes and are willing to bring 3. Come on guys step it up and help out. :)

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I am going to have to buy a tv and a VCR and keep them in my trunk just to bring for smash fests and tournies and such. My tv is too big to fit in my trunk, and usually I have my car full of people, so I can't necessarily put one in the passenger area. That is going to be a goal of mine before the Brawl tournament. I am hoping that I can find a decent deal on both a TV and VCR before then. (Wow, I didn't mean for that to be a rant. Oops, sorry, but oh well. =P)

p.s. I am starting to think I will be coming to this tournament even if I have homework, cause I can always do it on Sunday. But we will have to wait and see how much I spend on books. I shall know by the end of next week. Laters :link:

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
I don't think its so much a distance issue as it is..we don't all have lil TVs we can throw in our and take to a tournament with us... Driving 2 minutes 2 two hours...doesn't really matter if you have no extra TV.

And no door fee?...No. I can already tell you that. Thats A51's money, not the tournaments. Plus..I don't think its fair to give anyone a discount because they happen to have an extra and someone else might not, eh?

-Aqua :luigi:

vericz

Smash Champion
I don't think its so much a distance issue as it is..we don't all have lil TVs we can throw in our and take to a tournament with us... Driving 2 minutes 2 two hours...doesn't really matter if you have no extra TV.

And no door fee?...No. I can already tell you that. Thats A51's money, not the tournaments. Plus..I don't think its fair to give anyone a discount because they happen to have an extra and someone else might not, eh?

If we bring tvs we are helping out the venue with running the tournament and making the tournament run faster and smoother. We don't have to take our time in fitting 3 tvs (one 13 inch and one 21 inch I think and another 21inch) Into the car but we want to help and make the tournament better. We usually have 5 people in the car with the trunk full with the tvs and cubes, we could easily not bring our tvs and fit our own bags with food and controllers and junk into the trunk. I'm not trying to argue or start anything but would you rather be playing friendlies after the tourney finishes early or be standing around with 4 tvs and 30 people in a tourney that goes until 12 or later???

Also $15 isn't going to hurt A51 if we are out of there early and leave space for their other customers.

vericz

Smash Champion
When I said maybe not pay the door fee it was an example. It really doesn't matter if we get a discount on anything or not because we bring the tvs because we want to help and have a better tourney.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
I am going to have to buy a tv and a VCR and keep them in my trunk just to bring for smash fests and tournies and such. My tv is too big to fit in my trunk, and usually I have my car full of people, so I can't necessarily put one in the passenger area. That is going to be a goal of mine before the Brawl tournament. I am hoping that I can find a decent deal on both a TV and VCR before then. (Wow, I didn't mean for that to be a rant. Oops, sorry, but oh well. =P)

p.s. I am starting to think I will be coming to this tournament even if I have homework, cause I can always do it on Sunday. But we will have to wait and see how much I spend on books. I shall know by the end of next week. Laters :link:
tru kinda hookin it up

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
The thing is...A51's pocket doesn't budge to help TS run "smoother". Hence why I already know that giving you guys a discount will do nothing but cause a problem in A51's eyes. We do all appreciate you bringing the TVs, I'm not saying we don't...but that doesn't mean A51 does.

Just be happy you're helping. Isn't that compensation enough? (Or some **** like that) Lol.. Really if you are happy that you're able to help, you really shouldn't be expecting compensation, I don't think.

vericz

Smash Champion
The thing is...A51's pocket doesn't budge to help TS run "smoother". Hence why I already know that giving you guys a discount will do nothing but cause a problem in A51's eyes. We do all appreciate you bringing the TVs, I'm not saying we don't...but that doesn't mean A51 does.

Just be happy you're helping. Isn't that compensation enough? (Or some **** like that) Lol.. Really if you are happy that you're able to help, you really shouldn't be expecting compensation, I don't think.

Yeah, I basically said that, just anyone else who is willing to help bring them tvs in :)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If more TVs = more Friendlies, then that is my personal reward for bringing it. I get so much out of being able to play at tournament level over and over. I hope all this experience doesn't go to waste when Brawl comes out. That would suck.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Hey, I know I said we would be coming, but now we aren't. I wont be attending any tournaments for awhile. I need to stock pile up some money so I can start doing things again. The next definite tournament I will be attending is the Brawl release tourney. Sorry to disappoint you guys, but oh well.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
POKEMON TRAINERRR! GO!!! -does pokemon dance-
I'm going to have to say..as far out as the whole idea is..I'm definately down for it. That is awesome. 3 new chars in one. And 2 of them kind of give off my color...maybe Ash (or "POKEMON TRAINER" lol) will have an Aqua outfit.. =o

Death (XIII)

Smash Rookie
WARNING! A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

Welcome, newcomer.
:laugh: Thanks much.

so, how many people are even coming to this? i was thinking of coming, probably with Bean and Andy if they're up to it.
I'll probably come too. But as ANGR should already know, whether or not I actually participate in the tournament depends on a few things. Like my financial situation at the moment, the competition that shows up, and how much I think I've improved.
Sometimes, I really just don't have $20 to 'donate', you know?

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: Thanks much.

I'll probably come too. But as ANGER should already know, whether or not I actually participate in the tournament depends on a few things. Like my financial situation at the moment, the competition that shows up, and how much I think I've improved.
Sometimes, I really just don't have $20 to 'donate', you know?
Come on Deth. What are you afraid of? You are REALLY good! You beat Fenrir with Kirby. lolzor!

Death (XIII)

Smash Rookie
Come on Deth. What are you afraid of? You are REALLY good! You beat Fenrir with Kirby. lolzor!
Oh God, beating Fenrir with COZY is going to follow me to my grave.
Not that I'm discrediting myself, but you DO realize he 4-stock'd me right after that, right? :teeth:

Top Bottom