• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus + HAT present: MD/VA "SRC" 3 events in August!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
yea but like....... people switch teams all the time, and how are the points and stuff going to work? what if the top 2 point holders never team with eachother?
They don't have to team with each other

It just shows the top team players it doesn't exactly show who teams with who

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
yea but like....... people switch teams all the time, and how are the points and stuff going to work? what if the top 2 point holders never team with eachother?

For ECRC finals, there were a certain amount of points needed to enter the pro bracket. However, at the end of the season, only a few people had enough total points to team with someone with no points and still enter the pro bracket. Basically, m2k could team with poyo in the pro bracket if he wanted to provided he had enough points. However, if the points required to enter teams pro bracket are high enough, only people who have done well in teams will be able to team with each other and everyone else will have to fight through the amateur bracket

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Wait huh? The Dojo was an MD/VA circuit?

You should really update the first page with a schedule, Tant.

Edit: Awesome :D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
lolz.i got 2 points in teams with tantulus.can i get more possibly in the future?who knows......

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Just 2 things...

Hey guys, got two requests of you all!

1. Can anyone host a circuit event on July 25th? I think its a good day for a tourney, but the problem is nothing seems to be available. Anyone up for it?

2. I am curious what the interest in ECRC #4 in Massachusetts is, would it be ok to hold our local circuit event on that day or will a lot of people be OOS for that event? No one here has seemed to show any interest in that event.

HAT

Smash Ace
Hey guys, got two requests of you all!

1. Can anyone host a circuit event on July 25th? I think its a good day for a tourney, but the problem is nothing seems to be available. Anyone up for it?

2. I am curious what the interest in ECRC #4 in Massachusetts is, would it be ok to hold our local circuit event on that day or will a lot of people be OOS for that event? No one here has seemed to show any interest in that event.
i may or may not be able to do this-- july 25th tournament hosting ****. maybe.

i'll keep everyone posted.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
isn't the 25th herb? which i know some people were talking about attending like me, chu, boss, idk who else was considering it

and i think people wanted to go to mass, it seems like it will be a larger more fun apex

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
wow really...

July sucks for tournaments

4th- holiday
11th- genesis
18th- evo/otakon
25th- herb

I guess we should just have all the events in august

g-regulate

Smash Hero
no ones going to genesis or evo anyway. im sure lots of people are going to go to otakon instead of C3 though :(

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Bolt's venue has LCD TV's anyways, that would be too risky

Aren't you the one that said it was bad idea to name late circuit events???? heh

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
yea... then you did it anyway... so i figured it was the in thing XD
could we get people to bing non-lag t.v.'s?

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Then the rule was amended so tourny's for the circuit won't be announced without a lot of warning(like making Bolts one now) and now you want to make it one for your personal convenience after you brought it up b4 in the first place? Silly hypocrite.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah for an update, our 3 upcoming events are:

The Epic of Woodbridge IV 8/8, Woodbridge, VA
C3 "Assault on August" (my name for it LOL), 8/15, Ashburn, VA
Summer Smash, 8/22, Hagerstown, MD

Depending on what I hear with GIMR we may have even another event in August to make up for July sucking for tournaments, and then have that be our last circuit event until the finale.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Alright, I updated after yesterdays circuit event points. 2 weeks of Circuit events still to come!

As of now the top 16 in singles and teams will be pro bracketed, with the final bracket being 24 people. The top 8 in amateurs will advance as bottom seeds against the middle seeds, while the top 8 in points get byes round 1.

Should be exciting.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Alright, I updated after yesterdays circuit event points. 2 weeks of Circuit events still to come!

As of now the top 16 in singles and teams will be pro bracketed, with the final bracket being 24 people. The top 8 in amateurs will advance as bottom seeds against the middle seeds, while the top 8 in points get byes round 1.

Should be exciting.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Yeah for an update, our 3 upcoming events are:

The Epic of Woodbridge IV 8/8, Woodbridge, VA
C3 "Assault on August" (my name for it LOL), 8/15, Ashburn, VA
Summer Smash, 8/22, Hagerstown, MD

Depending on what I hear with GIMR we may have even another event in August to make up for July sucking for tournaments, and then have that be our last circuit event until the finale.
its the "August Assault", not "Assault on August". August is not being assaulted, but rather August is assaulting you. but you did give me a good A word for august, since last years was "August Awesome".

Gonna need some good S words for next month!! should be easier than june and july

SpartanX123

Smash Cadet
I'm done, it's impossible to improve, so yeah, It was nice meeting all of you MD/VA folks, and even a few of the NY/NJ folks too..........

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I fixed it yesterday Greg without noticing your post at all, nice coincidence. I keep up with stuff

Snak- son, that's not the attitude of a winner.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I'm done, it's impossible to improve, so yeah, It was nice meeting all of you MD/VA folks, and even a few of the NY/NJ folks too..........
I think that you should continue to go to tournaments for the people, not the game. Playing with the right people may spark your interest back into this game. My ChuDat bi-weeklies are always recommended.

SpartanX123

Smash Cadet
I can't win any tournies, and I can't place top ten, from what I keep hearing, you need natural talent, and I clearly don't have it.

People tell me "Play to learn". I do, and I still do bad. If I don't get better by Pound4, then I'm done.

Not like it matters, I'm no one in this community anyway........ :(

SpartanX123

Smash Cadet
Maybe Chu just maybe, but I want people to be like "Oh ****, Snak is mad pro, SNAK JUST BEAT M2K!, Snak is the best!".

ChuDat

Smash Master
I can't win any tournies, and I can't place top ten, from what I keep hearing, you need natural talent, and I clearly don't have it.

People tell me "Play to learn". I do, and I still do bad. If I don't get better by Pound4, then I'm done.

Not like it matters, I'm no one in this community anyway........ :(
Dude, look at EE. And Tantalus. And Lil B. And Lie/Sin/Deez. They suck at tournaments but they aren't b******. They continue to play for whatever reason that motivates them. Find your reason. Ask us, the community, for help.

BTW EE, Tant, LilB I'm just joking LOLZ :chuckle: (don't kill me)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It takes people years to get that good. And if you play with good competition for years, you will become very good.

No one who has been going to tournaments regularly since the Melee days is bad. Except Sage.

SpartanX123

Smash Cadet
Maybe.............you're all right, but the only reason I want to play is to win, and not winning makes me rage, maybe I should just try to have fun with the game........like PC chris said.

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Don't quit snak, I don't even take this game that seriously half the time but can do well if motivated, I like to chill with people so I keep showing up, do that then randomly place good when you feel the moment XD

//words of wisdom from the Hyl!an slayer
Dude, look at EE. And Tantalus. And Lil B. And Lie/Sin/Deez. They suck at tournaments but they aren't b******. They continue to play for whatever reason that motivates them. Find your reason. Ask us, the community, for help.

BTW EE, Tant, LilB I'm just joking LOLZ :chuckle: (don't kill me)
chu dizzle... <___<; Lol

Top Bottom