• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus Presents: War of the space animals, Reisterstown, MD,11/28/09, Ft. Laser Tag

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Tantalus Presents:

WAR OF THE SPACE ANIMALS: a melee tourney

This will be my first MELEE tournament...so this will be an interesting experience. Other setups for other games are encouraged, but the only tournament that will go down for sure is melee. Bring your Brawl+, Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, MW2, whatever you'd like.

The emphasis on this day is gonna be fun guys. I've made this entire event extremely affordable for everyone so that we can enjoy the great features of our venue. Speaking of which

XP laser sport
12400 Owings Mills Blvd
Reisterstown, MD 21136

This is a laser tag centered venue. There are some other things to do here as well, such as a mini golf and i think they might have some arcade games. They also have a concession stand.

Entrance:

$3 Venue Fee
$5 Singles
$5 Doubles

Any other tournament we do after melee will be $5.

Schedule:

Eat lunch before you arrive!
1:00pm- Arrive at XP Laser Sport, Register.
2:00pm- Melee Doubles
3:30pm (ish)- Break for serious laser tag session 1
4:30pm- Melee Singles
7:00pm- Serious Laser Tag Session 2
8:00pm- dinner maybe? Or continue laser tagging at discounted prices...

Rules:

Y'all know the rules, right? We'll be using the ruleset from *POUND* 4. Same stage list too, just to be fair.

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Pound 4 stagelist

We will need some serious setups for this, so please bring them! We will need any and all TVs and Gamecubes/Wii's Available. I may lug my giant tv to this. Please bring whatever you'd like to play, we have a whole room to ourselves all day!

I promised everyone would play at least one round of laser tag in order to get the room...they may not have us back if we don't, but they have the largest Laser Tag arena in the state of MD...

laser tag prices

What a better way to spend the thanksgiving weekend!? Lets do it!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yes, your eyes are correct Shinku!

The focus of this day is a break from the serious tournies that you train for and just something to enjoy and have fun with for a day. Thats why I kept the prices as low as I did.

The laser tag gets cheaper if more people go in together! So do it!

Lobos

Smash Master
I'm not sure about doing melee but I will do laser tag and win! If I go, this weekend might be busy!

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
jfox, i can't be expected to be good at everything with the word tag in it . . . but if someone gives me a ride to this, i'll definitely kick *** in laser tag :laugh:

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
ya someone hosting a lasertag event is i'm guessing probably **** legit at it...
i really want to go. it's a maybe right now, but so was ROM but i'm not going to that.
my maybes really suck.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It seems like there is more OOS trying to come than in state, good ****

Step it up guys, this will be a FUN weekend, just smash and laser tag and hanging out

Brawl+/Brawl setups are welcome, but will not have a tournament

Bones0

Smash Legend
This is only an hour drive for me, so hopefully I'll be there. Does the place open at 1:00 PM? If it opens earlier, I'd gladly come sooner to have more time to play friendlies and stuff.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
opens at about 1, so dont come early

Also, i badly need setups. And a full melee data on GC card, i'm working on unlocking everything myself

I will have 2 or 3 tvs i will bring, but i need other people to bring stuff, Brett can we get gamecubes/tvs from you?

Bones0

Smash Legend
I can definitely bring a Wii, maybe 2, and probably one TV. As long as you have a memory card, I'm sure someone will have everything unlocked that you can just copy the file from.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I can bring 3 TVs, a Cube, and a Wii, but I reserve 1 TV and my Wii for a permanent Brawl+ setup.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i mean i told him there was a tourney today and he asked details and i sent him the thread. ill figure out later if he wants to go. hopefully. im still 50% on this beyotch

Top Bottom