• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tap Jump Or No Tap Jump??

kobefan

Smash Rookie
How do you guys use the tilts without confusing with charge smashes, and tap jump doesnt allow me to u-tilt until after i finish all my jumps.

Help me out!

penguinman

Smash Apprentice
you CAN tap jump, as in it has little ill effect, but the tap jump lets you use tilts more easily and is better for airial DI.

I personally use it because I got good at using uptilt without jumping.:)

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
No tap jump. All I see it getting anyone is UpB OOS. >.> Utilts are easier without tap jump.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
UTilt UTilt UTilt WHOOPS MISSED MY SECOND JUMP

*Smashed off*

...Yeah, I like to use UAir a lot when I play the Mario Bros, and Tap Jump irked me whenever I tried to pulled off strings of UAirs because I accidentially use a second jump and mess up my positioning.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
One downside of taking tap jump off is that you can no longer Up Smash out of a shield.

nasir123

Smash Ace
umm the thing is that when you have tap jump off you have more control but when you have iit on your opponent will be fooled by your mistakes and see that you change you style so it is a 50 50 for me.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Well, I have it off for stuff like the U air blind and a b air and u air together in a shorthop. So if you like to do crazy combos like I do without screwing up a lot, and u tilts take it off. Seriously, though. Up tilts are a serious part of Mario's game. If you can't use them you're screwd. But I heard in the tactical discussion that tap jumping allows you to meteor recover ASAP after you get meteored, while if you use normal jumps it won't work as quickly.

The choice is yours.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Mario's Utilt is so much more **** than it was in Melee. Having tap jump just make things easier for me but Monk's right, you're far behind if you can't do Utilts with tap jump on.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Mario's Utilt is so much more **** than it was in Melee. Having tap jump just make things easier for me but Monk's right, you're far behind if you can't do Utilts with tap jump on.
you're wrong. Mario's Utilt was much better in Melee due to the fact that you could use it from any attack and it lead to many combos other than Utilt-> Utilt

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I still perfer the new Utilt lock, but hey it doesn't really matter as long they both pwn right?

Top Bottom