• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

target smash level 3 and 5 under the time limit is ****ing hard

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I have a ****ing hard time completing target smash level 3 and 5. I used Sonic on level 5 and destroying the three targets on the left, and then destroying the other targets with the cracker launcher and ended doing it at 30.48 seconds, just .48 seconds off!!! Then I try doing target smash level 3 by doing what this video says here with Fox, but I can't make him turn around and destroy the top right target, so I went to do mario by following what this guy did, but when i try to throw the smart bomb, it either:

1. thrown at the wrong direction
  2. thrown at the blast box
  3. fail to activate

I did manage to successfully destroy those targets with the smart bomb but ended doing it in 20.95 seconds, .95 seconds off!!!!

God, I am just the worst smasher to do target smash ever!!! I'm a ****ing failure!!! I give up!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Curse you Wii Remote!!!

I'm going to see if I could have one of my friends do it instead.

oh and good news, i manage to complete target smash level 4 and 5 with all characters (ice climbers and ike in level 5 were a total hell but manage to beat it)

Listerine

Smash Apprentice
Get a gamecube controller. Period.

In target smash level 5, best do it with Pit, and use his arrows. I managed to complete in under 24 seconds with him.

For target smash level 3... Lol maybe you just have bad luck.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
problem is, I can't even persuade my parents to get a gamecube controller.

Blame all of this on murphy's law. Anyways, it's really impossible to do the target smash under time limit with a wii remote and numchuck (although i did manage to complete target smash 1 and 2 with fox and lucario respectfully).

Also on target smash level 3, I did found something really funny, if you attempt to roll into the launcher thing, there is a very small chance you will get stuck in slight midair.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
First, it's nunchuk not numchuk. I don't know why everyone gets this wrong.

As for the problem with the times, you just have to keep trying. It has to be possible or they wouldn't have put it in the game. I would have to agree that a GCN controller would make it far easier, but if you can't get your hands on one you'll have to do without. Just keep at it and you will beat the time eventually.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I would have to do this with the wii remote and nunchuk then, but it would really hard to do so with the wii remote and nunchuk. I don't it's possible to beat the time limit with the remote and nunchuk since your hands are a bit shaker due to the intimidation of the time. So I'm putting the blame on the remote and the nunchuk for the target smash time limit challenge.

In other words, I'll have to completely persuade my parents to get one.

GoldA

Smash Rookie
you can't blame the wii-nunchuck style for your failing,
I completed target smash 3 under the time limit for over half the cast,
all using wii-nunchuck style

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I managed to beat target smash 1-4 with the nunchuck, you just suck apparently. I managed to beat level 1 and 3 as Fox (blaster mainly) level 2 with Pikachu (break the first target, jump behind you, thunder, and continue) and level 4 as meta knight. I didn't think it was possible for me to beat lvl 5 so i just used a golden hammer.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
problem with the wii nunchuk is that you can't do something like wavebouncing, which is really useful when it comes to destroying targets. How the heck are you suppose to QUICKLY turn around for fox and shoot the first target below and then use side b to destroy the next two targets which one is moving like the one in the video. Because using the smart bomb to destroy the three targets (yeah there is a blast box blocking by) is too much of a hassle and I have a hard getting it time correctly and have it activate to destroy the three targets.

And listen to Bozen, he said it's easier to use a GC controller.

P.S. do you guy bother on watching those videos, I was doing what these guys were doing in the videos and still aint working out well.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
For level 5, only use the launcher for the ones that are out of reach without going up into the top section, then ditch it. Also, for the ones on the right: leap to the right, throw the sword up to hit the top one, smash through the wall on the right, grab the sword as it falls and throw it to the one on the left under the other platform.

Piece of cake.

For number 3, that's the one where you start at the top-right, with a target beneath your platform, and another down at the very bottom, right?

Be Sonic. Begin by dropping off the top platform to the right, then fall to the left. Up-B to drop a spring on the bottom one, hit the top one as you go by, and go from there. It saves like eight seconds over going around the loop to the left first.

Abramovici

Smash Rookie
What I did with sonic on 3:

1) Get into the launcher thing
2) Press Z right before landing to avoid some landing lag and grab the smart bomb
3) Throw it on the 2 targets on the right. No need to aim carefully
4) Jump to where the deku nut is and throw it on the left target
5) Hit the down left one with a Dair and jump untill you hit the wall
6) Use Up-B to drop a spring on the bottom target and hit the one above the wall.
7) Hit the one over the spikes with any air and procede to the right
8) Jump and drop a srping in the bottom one, use the stationary spring to make it to the last one.

That's what I did with a wii-mote/nunchuck. Might take some practice but I did it in about 18s.

AlexKZ

Smash Rookie
Just use Zelda for level 5. Use her side b to get most of the targets.

LEGND

Smash Rookie
for target level 3 do this:
1) use toon link. When it starts, jump off to the right and do a your up B flush against the wall. If u did it right you will hit that target underneath where you were standing and grab a hold of the ledge. After that immediately use the little catapult thing.
2) b4 u land after using that catapult, use your shield so that you come out of that spin b4 you land. this way t link doesn't fall on the ground and you waste a second getting up. immedately grab that little explosive bomb to the left and stand on the little platform in the middle. From there, pull out the bow and arrow and shoot it to the right (where the moving and stationary targets are). don't hit the moving one, just the stationary one behind it.
3) Jump down and start moving left to the opening on the floor where 2 other targets are, but b4 you go down there, turn around and chuck that bomb at the blast box. This will take out the moving target and the target that is near the spikes. continue down the opening, hitting those three other targets and landing on the "tread mill" platforms.
4) run fast and hit the one that is at the end of the tread mills, jump across the gap, jump up and hit the other target. land on the last tread mill, then jump up in the air and move pretty close to that little spring suspended in mid air. The last move you make should be a down A which should send t link really fast flying down and hitting the last target. It might take a couple of tries to do it, but I was able to do this pretty easily in 17.03 seconds after, like, 5 minutes of trying!

Hope this helps!

Adapt

Smash Lord
jiggs, MK. and Kirby can get all of them under the speed limit easily.
Personally I used ZSS, and it was pretty easy. But I'm biased

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu's really good at 3 and 5 in my experience.

3 - Start by jumping forward and hitting B. If you time it right, you'll land in the launcher at the same time thundershock starts bouncing (it'll take care of the last one). Shield to airdodge and try to grab the smart bomb, and drop straight down. If you don't have the timing for the throw, land and jump until you're just below the platform to your right, then throw it. It should either explode in midair right before hitting the moving target. If it doesn't, then try again, seriously, but if you don't manage to take out the last one, try to get it at the end (there might be enough time).

For the rest, use up air (uair) for all of them (almost no lag and can be used in rapid succession), just try to use uair without jumping. Jump left, hit the first, then fall straight down, hitting both along the way. run forward on the conveyers, uair as soon as you drop off the end and double jump. If you don't make it up to the ground with the jump, up-b into the vertical spikes, they'll send you straight right into the horizontal spikes which'll send you straight up to the target. Hit it and run right (using the conveyer for a boost) and hit the last target.

If you missed the non-moving one with the smart bomb, you should have 4 or 5 seconds left, jump/double jump/(up-b?) onto the spring, holding left the whole time. It takes you right there.

5 - Jump/double jump and uair the first target, then hit B on the way down (takes care of that one). Dash left and jump (from the ground) to that target, uair, fastfall, uair again, double jump/up-b to the ledge. Jump from the ledge and fall onto the spikes, they'll send you straight up and you double jump/up-b to the ledge where you started. Jump from there again, holding right and land on the higher slanted platform for a moment before jumping from there to the higher target on the right. Turn around, jump, and use B at the target on the left (either hit the platform near it or the target), and fast fall to the ground.

Finally, grab the sword, jump/double jump right and press up against the wall before throwing the sword straight up. Fall and hit the target through the wall with whatever will hit it (usually forward-air), and land. You now have two options: jump out and hit the last two yourself (uair twice), or wait for the sword to fall down, grab it, and throw it straight forward (it hits both)

That should get you close to 20ish on both 3 and 5.

wazgood

Smash Ace
i used falco on #5
step 1 uair the top target
step 2 laser the far right target
step 3 drop down the left side and hit the 2 targets
step 4 jump up the platforms and shoot 2 targets
step 5 jump down grab beamsword & throw at 2 targets
step 6 bair through wall
step 7 walljump upB last target

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I can make TT 3 with fox in 12 Secs and TT 5 with fox in 16 secs.
They really arent that hard, as long as you can do reverse nuetral Bs, and have good timing, Fox is easy as cake for TT 3 & 5

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
Personally I consider those ones much easier than TT 4. Best way to do TT 5 is jump up hit the first target above you. Jump over grab the cracker launcher and shoot the one behind you. After that throw the cracker launhcer the opposite direction that way it hits the two on the far left side. Then hit the one also on the left. Hit the one below you then jump over to get the beam sword. Grab it jump up throw it up and hit the one on the other side of the wall. As the beam sword falls ctach it and throw it so it hits the two to your left.

gallax

Smash Hero
for target level i do the same with every charcter and can get under the time limit with almost everyone.
1) get on the catapult
2) airdodge before you land
3) grab the explosive and jump down
4) while falling throw it at the two targets and it will explode destroying both
5) jump to the left and grab the gun
6) fall down and dair into the very left target
7) fall down and dair the next target
8) SH and use the gun to shoot at the target in the middle of the level
9) fall to the left and dait the next target
10) walk forward and right before you hit the rollers throw the gun to hit the target below the pillar
11) follow the rollers and use an aeriel againt the next target
12) go to the right and dair the next target
13) jump up onto the spring and destroy the last target

always gets the job done unless you miss

Target level 5

1) hit the target above you
2) go grab the rocket launcher and use it to shoot all the targets except the four on the right
3) use the sword to destroy the one above and the two that are near each other
4) use an aeriel for the one against the wall

i can get around 25 sec for almost every character.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
Sonics up b is your friend. It's spring hits targets aswell. I did them all with Sonic except 2 I did with jigs and 4 I did with Metaknight. And with Metaknight I wasn't trying to do it.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
Wii Remote isn't really the best method to use in Brawl, if I were you I'd just use the GC controller. And well, that's all I can help you because all my time limits for the Target Smash challenges were about 0.10 seconds away, which means I finished those challenges using mere luck.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
I done all the target smash time limits with toon link, without many problems. I done all of them within 10 tries. I used sonic for one tho, i think it was 3.

Use gamecube controller. the best thing to do first is to just view the stage. plan your route. Practise each section if you have to.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
I've done levels 1 and 3 with Fox and levels 2, 4 and 5 with Mario. I found level 4 the hardest to beat under the time limit, but in general I had no problems.

My records:

lv 1 - about 10 seconds
lv 2 - about 14 seconds
lv 3 - about 19 seconds
lv 4 - about 30 seconds
lv 5 - about 20 seconds

Top Bottom