• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAS Contests

Cryptic C62

Smash Cadet
Here are a couple of ideas for contests. Unless specified, you can use any stage , any characters, no items, and no handicap/damage ratio changes.

1. Lowest-percentage off-the-top kill.
2. Most consecutive Falcon Up+B's without touching the ground.
3. Most tornadoes incorporated into a single combo (Hyrule).
4. Most bumper hits incorporated into a single combo (Peach's Castle).
5. Most lava hits incorporated into a single combo (Zebes).
6. Most piranha hits incorporated into a single combo (Mushroom Kingdom).
7. Most consecutive barrel shots without touching the ground (DK Jungle).
8. Most taunt cancels incorporated into a single combo.
9. Shortest time taken to get a character to 999% damage.

Let's see what you've got!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
1. I can kill myself off the top of Hyrule, unaided, with Luigi, Ness, Kirby, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff. 0% each.

7. That's easy even un-tas'd. Just use someone with a decent recovery, just shoot straight upwards, and recover back into the barrel. e.g. Pikachu, Jigglypuff (shoot out on the side, pound-stall until the barrel comes back, and repeat), Ness even.

9. Fox shine-red-shell glitch (where 4 shells break his shield, then bring his damage up to 999 in less than 5 secs).

3-6 & 8: As far as TAS goes, find a 'infinite' that works even at 999%. for 3-6, just stall with that combo until you can knock your opponent into the hazard, save them while they come out of it, then restart the 'infinite'. for 8, infinite, taunt-cancel, infinite, taunt-cancel, etc. (e.g. Fox short-hop up-air chain with a taunt between each short-hop up-air... yes, even though he doesn't make a sound, it still counts as taunt cancelling).

So... yeah... most of your challenges are either easy to do non-tas'd, or likely have an infinite attached.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing some of these TAS'd. There's alot of creativity that can be done for some of these. But... as far as some go (e.g. barrel), that should be a non-TAS challenge... but even then, some people can easily go on forever if they don't mess up (and pay attention to the spinning barrel lol).

Cryptic C62

Smash Cadet
@Mahie: Perhaps the wording wasn't clear, but for No. 2 I had intended for the Up+B's to connect with an opponent.

Mahie

Smash Lord
3Luigis taking turns, upBing falcon when necessary ( Weak upB) so it's easier to get the upB afterwards.

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
for 8, infinite, taunt-cancel, infinite, taunt-cancel, etc. (e.g. Fox short-hop up-air chain with a taunt between each short-hop up-air... yes, even though he doesn't make a sound, it still counts as taunt cancelling).
Sounds would be cooler, so I'd go with jigglypuff in this one. Jigglypuff can drill forever at the left Hyrule corner. (It's in Prince's combo video)

B Link

Smash Lord
i still wanna see jiggly rest someone in the absolute bottom corner of hyrule, die, and then come back and rest again lol

dch111

Smash Journeyman
That actually sounds pretty sick. First combo to involve a respawn!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
i still wanna see jiggly rest someone in the absolute bottom corner of hyrule, die, and then come back and rest again lol
I actually did that in melee in a money match once. It was the final game, me Puff, my opponent a Ganon. He was too far to recover, so I decided to 'edgeguard' him by resting him the wrong way. He survived the blow, but now was on the other side, and was once again too far to recover. So I respawned and rested him the wrong way again. The third time, I noticed if I rested him the wrong way again, he'd win, so I just rest killed him. It was lulzy :p

Smash Lord
^^ Vids please. 64 ones would be appreciated too if they exist.

OP has a good idea having the contests, but I think that it'd be a better idea to just say "rules for posting X," "how to rank X," GO!

mr yo

Smash Cadet
Whoops, I meant with just one character. I forgot about that vid. With three you could probably do an infinite number of respawns in your combo with Puffs taking turns. But I think with one, and on Hyrule, it would be pretty epic.
i think the only way of doing that is with link, leaving a bomb on the top platform of hyule...and you hit your opponent at a high % at the side of the stage...while you fastfall of the stage....he goe straight up to the bomb that exploedes when he is arriving....a moment later you respawn to continue or finish the combo....

it would be hard to leave the bomb WHILE you are combing him and then take the opponent to the side of the stage fast enough so the bomb doesnt explodes.

a good way of doing that would be leaving an invisible bomb (that doesnt explode with time) and then, at the last attack you do him at the corner - right before fastfalling to your death- would have to be a grab, so the body has hitbox...and this htibox will mak the bomb explode...

still REALLY difficult to do in mi opinion, even with tas :p....but i think it could be possible this way....or maybe another way...

but i dont know if its possible with other character with no items....in hyrule the fastest way to respawn is from the bottom....but i dont know if is fast enough to attack die and respawn without something (a bomb, in this case) to prevent the character to "wake up" of the knock out....tasing is a very slow and boring proces thought....i dont know if many people would be interested in doing this "challenge"

edit: i proved it....at high % a back throw from the very left side of the stage will take the opponent right to the up platform of hyrule....

Top Bottom