• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tasmanian SSBM/Brawl Thread

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Yeah kinda like we tried to get hold of you on Friday, Tom.

****ers all just wanted to play pokemon all weekend. :(
On that subject, kiddies, try and get your best team together if you want by around the 20th, to like battle.
Me, I only play that game when there is absolutley nothing else to do.

Adam is either...

1: busy with work (quite possible)
2: girlfriend or something (quite possible)
3. new job/career (possible)
4. computer dead (possible)
5. sick of Smash (possible)
6. dead. (I hope not) :dizzy:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Bah **** The Scallops..Or You Could Come Friday Night And Go Home Saturday Moring Early? Meh I Dunno Depends On What Munchlax Has To Say.
Nope.
I need to make up the wasted money from last weekend, and plus there was none early in the week.

That overnight thing is way to short, not worth it.
That doesn't stop everyone else from doing something worthwhile.

We need to do some good 2 vs 2 sessions soon.
Or more so it would be nice to have some 2 vs 2 matches.

len1

Smash Journeyman
i was aiming 4 that this weekend

"Poultry Mafia" vs "The Other Guys"(Me and Tom)

we should really organise BoO 2

P.S.

sorry 4 the double post

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
No scallops tommorow. They finished them all today.

IF Munchable Muchalisious Munchababy Munchboy wants to pick us up, Saturday sometime and bring us back Sunday sometime (maybe afternoon) then it might work.
It would be only fair for us to be paying him $10 each cause of 2 trips.
Thats if anyone wants to.

And I won't bother if there is no one to Smash.
And some Bondage never goes astray. JAMES Bondage that is. :chuckle:
Thats if Munchy can put up with us.
And if anyone else has any other ideas....?

jazblack009

Smash Ace
dudes... just checking back and annoying your ***' about
scallops?
umm yeah
BoO2 the tournament i wish i could go to but have no money
when is it?
cuz the banner design is ready... abnormally early

N30N

Smash Apprentice
we dont have a confirmed date as sloth/myself have been pretty busy past few weeks, work/uni etc, now we have soem free time but im not sure what to do really.

because we could look into hiring a venue, but that could cost over like $400 so if 20 people turn up at $20 a head it would negate any room for prizes or anything cool.

and its hard to have it at out houses because we only have small places and are renting T_T

i mean realistically how many people can come down from up north?

and also, can people stop saying it needs to be organised. i mean boo wasnt that long ago, and it gives you more time to practice. it would be dissapointing to see you all again when you havent improved an ounce.

its not like actual tournaments need to be that frequent. you can however come down in groups of 2 or 3 and smash for the weekend whenever you want, most weekends are free. (sorry chooker TT, as next weekend isn't). but yeah. hit me up on msn or something if you think you can help with a venue. neon_gulfbaul@hotmail.com

or you guys can host it in launceston.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I completely agree with N30N on everything he said.

Tournaments can be good fun, but I also don't know what to do either the more I think of it.
My high concern as well is accomadation, because Me and Ath don't have a massive amount of room, and it appears most people want to stay for like 2-3 nights so they can paticpate in activites of non-smash relations.

If people are sooo keen sooo suddenly for a tournament, and keep saying "omgfgsdishorngaise soon kekekassdkazkzkzkakakzkkzk uzz guyzzuzzkzksakask111" Well, then organise one yourself somewhere, like launceston. Chooker said he knows some good venues, if I remember correctly.

Otherwise just wait, and me and neon will talk about it between ourselves and see what we can organise.

And if people turn up with no improvement, I will be extremely dissapointed. People need to practice outside of tournaments. The dedication of improvement currently seems pretty much non-existant. I do know a few of you want to improve.

Still nothing really stops people coming up for a weekend and playing if they wish, as most weekends are free.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Well.

"And if people turn up with no improvement, I will be extremely dissapointed. People need to practice outside of tournaments. The dedication of improvement currently seems pretty much non-existant. I do know a few of you want to improve."

That is fair enough.
But more tournaments does make for better skill and improvements I think.
One must put in the effort during the downtime, but when you have to verse high level players, and you really must be your best than improvement will happen.
At least it is the case for me.
I am a big game player, the better the opponent is and the bigger the moment is the more I will lift.

But as you said the commitment is weak.
It's too hard, i'll just play Pokemon is nearly everyones attitude.

You'll notice improvements from Chooker, Tom and Len.
No one else really gives much of a **** as far as I can tell.

I get the feeling they'll still want to go down for the fun times and excitment and adventure, mash a few buttons in a tournament, get drunk, eat **** and come home.

So (if you have it in Hobart) maybe 3 people will be truly in it for the Smash and the other 3-6 (coming from North) people will just be there for the fun.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
yeah well i understand all the randomness surrounding is a fun part of it, which is cool, but yeah, no idea really on what to do.

and yeah steve, lol sorry this doesnt apply to you as much, its more the people who actually live in tas i think.

on another note, the best bet could be december 7 at this lan event, the actual smash tourney would go from like 2pm'ish - 8am if you wanted..

and yeah, thats coming up. might be like $20 entry again, but only 10 for us and 10 for the people holding the event. >.>~

so i dunno, i'll just put that out there and see what people think

there will be hordes of lanners there also so if you want to bring a pc and fancy your chances at a victory there, then you can do that also. :)

havent talked to sloth yet but this is the last chance i can really think of that will be practical, and the admins said it was ok. will post more later.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I think the biggest assumtion abotu having the smash tourny in hobart next, is the idea fo a 'holiday' rather then a 'tournament'.
Don't get me wrong, having fun with stupid idiotic events is great. But it seems the main reasoning for some of the people to come down to hobart is mostly for iceskating/zon3ing.

This is only towards the other tasmanian players.
As for out-of-staters, travelling down for a tournament is a holiday.

D.J, a tournament can improve skill, but if you look at the broad spectrum, with little skill (due to lack of motivation, or practice etc) means you won't gain a big benefit as you'll only play a small group. If you play someone to far beyond your level, you may think you rise, but most of the time you'll gain nothing extra.

The only problem of a lan I see neon, is the fact that smashers wil probably want to be around other smashers and not need to bare witness to smelly lanners like ourselves. Plus we need to spend most of our lan time playing Q3! :O

I'll see what I can come up within this week before thursday if anything else is suitable. And hit you up on msn.

Plus there is a high chance no one can stay at my house for accomadation now I think of it. Just talk to me msn if you really want to know why.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Well, THAT was random.
But it was worth it. :cool:

Munchy, you and Chooker are so weird.
One moment he's not allowed to come to your place and then he's not allowed to leave.
So strange you 2.

So, is anything hapening this weekend?
I reckon it should be at Len's or Munchy's shed.
Cause if it is at Munchy's house the best we can get is 12 hours.
Not worth it. At all.
Ever.

Maybe we can finally do this 2 vs 2 that we've wanted to do.
I'll pick you stooges up, for a price..maybe.

I'm not available Friday night.
kekekek.
Mek.
Meh.

The end.

Marche

Smash Apprentice
For once I actually want to play Smash, This time against everyone one. Also if its held on the 7th, I will probbably be getting there around 4-5 that morning. Why you ask? Well reason is, im lining up outside EB Games at 11 am on the sixth, for the midnight launch of the Wii. And then I have to take my friend home from work at 2 am. So the only Time I would be able to leave after that would be 2:30 - 3:00.

Also I have 3 seats open, so I can take probbably, Dino, Budgie and Monkey. Hopefully I will have my car fixed by then. Have you decided what your doing as to the tournament yet Bob?

Also with me coming in the morning, I will have to get someone to meet me somewhere in Hobart, as I have been there twice, once in grade 5 for a camp, and the other time was with cadets for the military tatoo.

If this is to go ahead, (which I hope it does) We need to confirm a date soon. I dont mean to push you two, its only I have to give work 2 weeks notice. So yeah.

Also as to this weekend bob. If we wanted to do anything, it would have to be saterday after 3:00 as I have work, and you would have to come pick us up, and bring us back in. And it will probbably have to be held at lens again. Thats all I can think of.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Right, if you fellas want to do something this weekend, decide now/soon.
No money johns.
And no "I didn't know" johns.

Best places would be either Len's shed or Munchy's.
As nice as Munchy's shed would be it doesn't seem very likely.

Right, ideas please and Len tell us how available your shed is.

Friday night/afternoon:
Munchy, Tom and Chooker go on the bus to Scottsdale (This will save them money).
Commander Bob may pick them up if they are lucky, or they can stay at Chooker's (is this possible? If so I'm gussing only 1, probably Tom)
Bobumas is going to the Scottsdale Show, no questions asked.
You may tag along if you wish. Dave is coming as is probably Jamie.

:lick:

Saturday afternoon:
Bob picks up Munchy or all 3 if they didn't go the night before. (It appears circumstances are fortunate and I will have the car by about 5:00pm)
OR Munchy drives/rolls/teleports/gets catuplated in. (This will save $.)

Saturday night: We go to Len's/Munchys shed. If this is possible. :confused:

Sunday sometime:
Bob drives the dopey stooges home. :laugh:

Still open for ideas, that is just my suggestions.
Please telll us where your at.

And we will Smash it up 2 vs 2 if this goes down.
And I want to play Munchy and Tommy and Chooker a lot. a lot.

Marche

Smash Apprentice
As I said, I have work Saturday Arvo, So I wont be able to do anything till after then, And my car is almost ****ed so I wont be able to drive that down. So the only option is you pick me up and bring me back. Simple as that. It will also have to be at Len's shed.

I could go into work tommorow and say that I cant go to work. I wouldn't mind going to the show either. Pop is also going to Smithton tommorow. So we could always have it at my shed. Only problem is, Chooker wont be allowed. I dont think he feels like doing anything anyway. Get on Gmail you lazy git. I will be on soon, just going to get some food.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
it is as good as confirmed. only thing now is getting interest, like we can have this, it takes like no effort to cancel tho. so just say its on. and if like the day before eveyone is like "cant make it etc etc" then i'll just call it off.

and yeah good to see you're still keen bob~

Marche

Smash Apprentice
Ok then, Who's gonna be the one that meets me somewhere at 5:30 in the morning? I will be bringing my Wii down for all to see.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well if you guys want. I will make a new post today with the second tournament and the rule set.
And we will speak in that thread about who can make it etc..

If we get enough interest, it will go ahead. Otherwise, as neon said, it can just as easily be cancelled.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
well, seeing as i lost the font for the banners, and i'll have to find it after i get back from the goldcoast...
i can wait till you make a BoO2 thread sloth boy then post the stuff in but i'll show you guys a teaser of the banners anyway:

squat4 and BoO2banners? BRING IT OOOON!
can't take requests till i find my font :(
sorry tazzy i'll fix it aaaaall up tonight

Sloth

Smash Ace
Nice banner Jaz :)
But just take in the fact this main still not happened.

Thread of BoO2 has been posted up guys.
Even if it doesn't run ahead, we can still use it to plan it somewhere else in Tas or a different date!
VOICE YOUR OPINOONSSZZZSSZZZZSSSSSSSSSSSSS> GOGOGOGOGOOGGOGOGOGOGOGOOOO

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
My comrades, hope you are all alive and not being too gay.

Pantslessness is acceptable though.

Len, Tom and anyone else who cares about being good, keep up the training. The guys up here are on a much higher level. Melbourne is supposedly better so yeah, keep at it.

Chooker, there are some **** skilled Sami (plural of Samus) up here, keep improving and you'll top them.
The Poultry Mafia will rule supreme and you know that!

I'll try and ring yas, I am using the doorstop Munchy gave me and the number is 0448 993 598.
I think I'm on a Telstra whatyamallcallit so that after 9:00pm thing should apply.
And, and and ummmm,....something....
Yeah, just remember I am one hour behind you, daylight savings.

That'll do for now.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Chooker, if you're smart and want to prove worthy of being a man, drop Samus and I promise your **** would grow 4 times in length.

Top Bottom