• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Gentlemen's Club All-Stars

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
gonna add all the FC's I find in here. Add me back please! And when you're up for some matches, feel free to aim me at angrylobster500

My fc: 0260-1713-3094

I'm using Joe the condor/Ryu right now btw

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
is the online still crap?

i was playing it a week before it released against some friends online and there was literally 2 to 3 seconds of input delay.

i just got internet back today and am anxious to see if online is better(im assuming it is).

any brokenness yet?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey, add me to the list.
i currently live with George, so we have the same code and **** lawl.

I decided before I ever played the game that viewtiful joe would be the first character I try...and he ended up being my favorite character
i play Viewtiful Joe and Frank West..which doesn't allow for any crazy team combos (or at least havent found any yet) but allows for rots and rots of mindgames...

tekkaman is ****ing gay by the way

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol, I don't like Tekkaman Blade, he's scary.

Right now I'm using Ryu + Morrigan and Joe the Condor + Ippatsuman. I really hate charge combos, but Joe is too cool to resist.

And wtf at Ippatsuman's DP; his A Shoryuken links into j.B BEFORE HE LANDS.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
^ In the corner and you have to dash before you hit B. Unless there is some other way to do it.... I have kinda dropped him except for my anit Giant team.

Joe and Ippatsuman have an 100% combo on anyone with 42 Billion health points, using only chip baroque and one bar for VAR and one bar for Ippatsuman air reset.

Brokeness is all over this game but it is like marvel with all the button presses to keep the brokeness going. No one is really going to be doing the brokeness until the game has been out in the states for over a couple of years. I mean if there were easy infinites like in CGoH then peolpe would abuse them, but they are long trying combos which take a medium to high level of skill to perform. No one playing the game has that kind of decidation to this game yet (Except maybe me and some others) but the crazy stuff is there. It is just like......... Maybe 4 steps down from marvel in terms of curve to learn. Still really hard but more for the masses.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Yeah, I'm learning a lot of stuff theoretically, but I don't think I'll be pulling this stuff off in actual games for a while. Definitely not online. I can't even land complete BnBs online right now.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Maining Yatterman-1 and Yatterman-2 now.

Have you guys seen the japanese endings for these games? It's amazingly hilarious. Viewtiful Joe's is the ****.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
^ In the corner and you have to dash before you hit B. Unless there is some other way to do it.... I have kinda dropped him except for my anit Giant team.

Joe and Ippatsuman have an 100% combo on anyone with 42 Billion health points, using only chip baroque and one bar for VAR and one bar for Ippatsuman air reset.

Brokeness is all over this game but it is like marvel with all the button presses to keep the brokeness going. No one is really going to be doing the brokeness until the game has been out in the states for over a couple of years. I mean if there were easy infinites like in CGoH then peolpe would abuse them, but they are long trying combos which take a medium to high level of skill to perform. No one playing the game has that kind of decidation to this game yet (Except maybe me and some others) but the crazy stuff is there. It is just like......... Maybe 4 steps down from marvel in terms of curve to learn. Still really hard but more for the masses.
The Joe + Ippatsuman combo is with Joe on point, I assume? Joe's assist kinda sucks, although it might help out keepaways like Saki.

While there are plenty of sexy things to be had, there are a plethora of anti-sexy things too, namely Mega-Crash. My bro does that move all the time because he knows I can do 55 Billion with Ryu+Morrigan and it is soooo frustrating.

I haven't really delved much into competitive MvC2, but I think that both games are one of those (cliche phrase alert) easy to learn, difficult to master things.

Also, yay for infinite blockstring with Ryu+Morrigan:

TK 214C --> 5B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 6C, 214C, assist (after 3 hits) --> TK214C.

Provided they don't Advanced Guard/Mega Crash/Variable Counter or something. So many defensive things X_X

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Not a whole lot to learn there. All you have to do is stay up on them with your 3 jumps and make sure to get her loop down. Once you learn the game, who you want to play will be a lot more simple. Chun-li is soooo good but like ryu and all the rest of the "Great" Capcom cast, she is really the same old Chun. You really need to learn the system and the game before trying to pick mains.

I tell people to stick with who they like and to take the time to actually learn the game first. Once they get the game down, you never know who you might like then, because the game is soo much dfferent than what you think it is.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I just can not figure Morrigan out.

She is a great assist, but on her own... she seems so... bad.

Like the best combos I can figure out are 5B, 5C, 3C, j.AABB, DJ, j.B --> j.623C (Lvl 3 Super instead with meter) and 5B, 5C, 236A --> baroque --> 66 --> 8j.B --> 2C, 6C, j.AABB, DJ, j.B --> j.623C/Lvl 3 Super.

Nothing else works... argh, it's so irritating that she has such pitiful range and combo ability... and health... and speed...

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I just can not figure Morrigan out.

She is a great assist, but on her own... she seems so... bad.

Like the best combos I can figure out are 5B, 5C, 3C, j.AABB, DJ, j.B --> j.623C (Lvl 3 Super instead with meter) and 5B, 5C, 236A --> baroque --> 66 --> 8j.B --> 2C, 6C, j.AABB, DJ, j.B --> j.623C/Lvl 3 Super.

Nothing else works... argh, it's so irritating that she has such pitiful range and combo ability... and health... and speed...
well, i dunno about UAS, but Morrigan in CGoH was EXTREMELY mediocre. sad to say, she may be again, but hopefully, you'll figure something out. anybody played Doronjo/Chun yet? i need someone to test my team for me, as i don't have a Wii and will never get one unless it is for very cheap.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm mad you asked somebody on smashboards to "test your team" for you. XD

From what lil bit of chun I've seen from like, battle acradia X, she looks solid, if not better. Im not exactly sure.

The only doronjo i've seen so far looked like a guy who couldn't spell fighting game.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
well, i got the chance to play it last night, and i like it. Doronjo still has a lot of her setups and traps from the first game, so i had fun with her. while i think Polymar works better synergy-wise, Chun is a better character and still works well with Doronjo. all in all, i had a lot of fun. on a side note, Zero seems to have very little recovery time on a lot of moves, so some of them had tight timing to punish.

DC

Smash Cadet
HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME THAT SAKI EXISTED IN THIS GAME?

...female...

...with a chaingun...

Saki + Yatterman 2 <3

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
@Umby
Step 1: Pick Ippatsuman
Step 2: PSYCHO CRUSHER
???
Profit

Also, after playing more with Morrigan, I learned some pressure shenanigans and I learned that she has some great options once she gets in. I could follow up my instant overhead dash with another one or do a standard high-low mix-up, but my favorite thing is, since this game lets you grab people while they are still in stun, is her command throw after the attack. It's a guarenteed 8k Billion unless the opponent reacts fast enough to Advanced Guard the j.B.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It's basically jump canceling your dash and then dash canceling your jump and the momentum of the first dash is added into the second, making you zoom really fast. It can be used in forward dashes and back dashes and by almost everyone except Roll, Morrigan, Tekkaman Blade, and Gold Lightan.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Same here, I've had this annoying tendency to immediately main the top tiers before I even know about the tier list.

Melee - Fox
Brawl - Meta Knight
SF IV - Sagat
Blazblue - Rachel
Arcana Heart - Liesolette
Tekken 6 - Alissa
Guilty Gear - Eddie

>.>

Umby

Smash Master
lol, I usually end up choosing low tiers as my favorites when that happens.

64/Melee: Link
Brawl: Sonic
GG: Chipp
BB: Noel (Mid tier?)

Then except for Noel, I just move up to higher tiers because I find some of them more interesting.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Well I main totally different people in some games now...

SF IV - Cammy/Abel
Brawl - Lucario
Arcana Heart - Mei Fang
Blazblue - Tager

Are you going to the Tuscaloosa tournament or the Auburn tournament this month?

Umby

Smash Master
Well I main totally different people in some games now...

SF IV - Cammy/Abel
Brawl - Lucario
Arcana Heart - Mei Fang
Blazblue - Tager

Are you going to the Tuscaloosa tournament or the Auburn tournament this month?
No sir, I am not.

But I will be available for TvC wifi pretty soon if you're up for it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I thought you wanted to do Giants matches, but I don't know how to play giants. >.>

GGs.

Also, with Ryu, abuse TK Tatsus A LOT. It's got huge range, priority, comboability, and it is 100% safe no matter how high in the air you do it.

Lol, I love how much meter Morrigan builds. I didn't even realize I had 5 Bars at one point and I just fired them all off until you died from chip.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Well, Tekkaman Blade is practically top tier and is also getting to be very popular

and Casshern is a problem match-up too

and so is Megaman Volnutt...

The Giants might just end up being a novelty ;_;

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
GGs to Umby. I only played like 2 or 3 because my friend wanted to play but they were on a good connection as far as I could tell.

He was the souki/Tekkaman Ryu/Chun and whom ever else he played.

I was the casshern/zero

Top Bottom