• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Gentlemen's Club All-Stars

Umby

Smash Master
GGs to Umby. I only played like 2 or 3 because my friend wanted to play but they were on a good connection as far as I could tell.

He was the souki/Tekkaman Ryu/Chun and whom ever else he played.

I was the casshern/zero
Good games to you both. Looking forward to playing you again some time.

OverLade

Smash Hero
*subscribes*

I haven't had time to play lately but once I unlock Tmanblade I'll prolly use him and Ryu.

Umby

Smash Master
I'm still missing crucial links in my BnBs. That might change a bit when I get this Classic Controller. Otherwise, Ryu/Tekkaman Blade has been my strongest team, until I get into Ryu dittos, where I switch to Zero/Tekkaman Blade. Thinking about trying Jun/Zero for a while. Low health all around, but I like how I can generally keep moving fast and keep the pressure on.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol, is there anything in particular you're learning with ryu+morrigan?
Well, Morrigan has a bunch of shenanigans:

-Builds meter very fast

-j.C is really good

- VERY good projectile game - She can have 3 fireballs on the screen at the same time without even BBQ'ing for some great camping. She can also follow after a fireball for a generally safe approach.

- Beastly chip damage with Missile Barrage super. The wonky timing between missiles also makes it relatively difficult to Advanced Guard spam.

- Great mix-ups - 66 --> 8j.B is an instant overhead and a great approach. You can combo off of it or if you hit the opponent while he's blocking you can do an automatic tick-throw for a guarenteed 8K damage. You're gonna want to use her command throw a lot. I also like to build meter with 66 --> 8j.C, j.214C/j.236A.

- The BnB I tend to do is 66 --> 8j.B xx 5B, 5C (2 hits), 2C, 6C, SJC, j.AABB, DJC, j.BB, j.236A. Which does about 17.5K and you can cancel the 236A into a LVL 3 Super for more damage. This works anywhere on the screen.

The team combo I like to do is
66 --> 8j.B xx 5B, 5C (3 hits), 236B+P xx 66 --> j.BB xx 2C, 6C, SJC, j.AABB, j.BB, j.236A.
Which does about 23.5K damage. You can also BBQ the 236B instead of Assist or loop it twice for about 2k extra damage.

Ryu shenanigans:

- Aerial Tatsu is HIGHLY abusable. It's got tons of priority, range, damage, and comboability. It's also nearly 100% safe on block and whiff! You can block right after you're done or continue a block string.

- IAD --> j.C is pretty good too for cross-ups and it cancel into Aerial Tatsu. If my opponent isn't attacking me I like to do j.C, j.Tatsu to build meter.

- Shoryuken is really good to get you out of binds

- Tatsu Super is invincible all throughout startup so you can bait Mega-Crashes and then punish for added ****.

- The midscreen BnB I like to do is 5B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 6C, 421C xx 5B, 5C, 2C, 214C (usually 2 hits or 3 hits on bigger characters), Shinkuu Hadouken. Does around 21K Damage. It also carries very far into or near corner.

If I'm mad and I want to show my rage I do
5B, 2B, 5C, 236A, BBQ xx TK Tatsu xx 5B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 6C, 421C (after 3 hits press P and it'll hit opponent after 4th hit), 5C, 6C, 214C, Shinkuu Hadouken.
I think it does around 31k damage with 10% red health which is 0 - death on, like, 6 characters and more if you do a DHC into Morrigan's LVL 3 super.

Stay away from Ryu's LVL 3 super. The meter burn isn't worth it and if you're doing a big combo the Shunkuu Hadouken super will do more damage anyway.

I think the team has good synergy too. Morrigan's a battery and Ryu's a gas-guzzler for meter and both of their assists make for good zoning/safe blockstrings/**** combos.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
If I'm mad and I want to show my rage I do
5B, 2B, 5C, 236A, BBQ xx TK Tatsu xx 5B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 6C, 421C (after 3 hits press P and it'll hit opponent after 4th hit), 5C, 6C, 214C, Shinkuu Hadouken.
I think it does around 31k damage with 10% red health which is 0 - death on, like, 6 characters and more if you do a DHC into Morrigan's LVL 3 super.

Stay away from Ryu's LVL 3 super. The meter burn isn't worth it and if you're doing a big combo the Shunkuu Hadouken super will do more damage anyway.

I would love to take what you say serious but these two thing here are just too funny to me. Who in this game has less than 38k health???? And since when could Ryu OTK anyone without VAR or 30 bars of super???? Do not use his lvl 3??? Man where are you playing this game at???? Is there anyone else aroung you to help you with these things?

The linkers in your combos are posted wrong... Ryus lvl 3 puts out the least Baroque for a lvl3, it is also piss easy to combo after and CONNECTS FROM ANY NORMAL.......... YES ONE STANDING JAB INTO LVL3. You can save baroque and assist call for after the lvl 3. Just know you sound like you have no clue what you are talking about. Check my recent 100% combos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=204IilqmVQI. Now why whould I do all that if all I have to do is tack on any non launching assist onto Ryu and Bam... One Mega Crash (10% Baroque) and I have a dead foe.

Also the combos I posted in that vid, I only show like 3 ways to get around 45-48bill which is how much you would need to be doing to OTK Chun Li, Viewtiful Joe, Ippatsuman, Morrigan, Saki, Joe the Condor, Jun the Swan, Ken the Eagle,Megaman Trigger, Yatterman-1, Yatterman-2, Roll, Zero, and Karas.

So, in relaity, your combos will not kill anyone, and mine will kill all the cast except 6. (and the giants but I could not do the full combo to them anyways) But my combos were shown with chip damage baroque, meaning that if I did have 10% Baroque (One Mega Crash) on my point player than I could eaisly do up to 53bill and kill anyoone in the cast except the giants.

Just sayin that you do not need to be talking like OTK this and that and I know some combo with Ryu that only takes 10%Baroque and one assist and one bars to kill 6 people in the cast, because that is just not even close to true man!!!!

Health study done by SRK so take it as you will. I can say that Ryu does have more health than Ken and that Ken does have around 42-44 bill based off the combos I do in my vids

1.) Gold Lightan ~71,500hp

2.) PTX-40A ~65,000hp

3.) Alex, Tekkaman ~54,500hp

4.) Kaijin no Soki ~52,000hp

5.) Frank West, Tekkaman Blade, Casshan ~49,500hp

6.) Ryu, Batsu, Doronjo, Polimar ~48,000hp

7.) Chun Li, Viewtiful Joe, Ippatsuman ~46,000hp

8.) Morrigan, Saki, Joe the Condor, Jun the Swan, Ken the Eagle ~44,000hp

9.) Megaman Trigger, Yatterman-1, Yatterman-2 ~42,000hp

10.) Roll, Zero ~40,000hp

11.) "Karas Tier" Karas ~37,500

So this is just to show that any combos doing less than 37,500 bill is not going to kill a player. And really unless you are doing lke 43-47 bill in your OTK you might not even kill the player you are facing. I mean there are what... 24 players not with giants right?? Only 6 of them have less than 43bill. And only one of them has health, less than 40bill.

Again Just sayin"

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm too used to marvel morrigan

fireballfireballfireballfireballfireballfirebabll fireba-superr

im play v.joe and frank and so far the only cool thing i've learned is vjoe assist->shopping cart pushes the bomb across the screen lawl

they're both pretty solid characters though with lots of options

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
I just be using Ippatsuman + Polimar for now.

Once I get my Karas out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, then it'll be Karas + Polimar. Game is too much fun, where da tourneys at?

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
StaFu, teach me how not to be bad at TvC.
From what I've seen, you ain't bads. We still need to play a lot though. Can't believe the whole day thursday tatsunoko started at 8 pm when I got there at 9 am. Street Fighter 4 should NOT be running for 8+ hours. Had to go to Warrens house to play Tatsunoko at like 1 PM even though I'm allergic to cats (hence why I was sneezing and being sick the whole day.)

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Dude.....

Next level lan!! I will be there on saturday to play TvC with anyone who wants to play. There is a SF4 tourney on that day there and I have asked them to add TvC but I do not think they will.

So I have seen a few people in the thread respond to TvC at the Tourny so I guess I will show up.

You should also if you really want to get better.

Might even run a tourny if enough people care about it.

NLL be there on the 27th!!!

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
I'm only posting here because I did something I'm proud of.
The first day I got TvC about four days, I played a bit, got a feel for the controls, went on Wi-fi and got *****, of course.
Today, I went on Wi-fi, ended up playing the guy who ***** me on Wi-Fi the first time I played, and I ***** him so hard he rage-quit'd.
I feel accomplished.

Wifi Name: Sheep - 1419 - 8806 -5914

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Okay, why the heck do Crossover Counters do damage? That's just stupid.

And Advanced Guard should not eliminate ALL incoming chip damage.
if you played MvC2 at all, you'd understand why having push block like it is in TvC isn't necessarily a bad thing. also, Crossover Counters are pretty weak and have limited use overall, so having them deal damage seems acceptable.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
if you played MvC2 at all, you'd understand why having push block like it is in TvC isn't necessarily a bad thing. also, Crossover Counters are pretty weak and have limited use overall, so having them deal damage seems acceptable.
Yeah, I know how broken chip is in that game, but still, absolutely no chip?

Crossover Counters prevent any hope of a comeback in my eyes. If the other person has a little bit of health left, I could zone him and wait the approach then block and counter for the win.

It just seems a little... gay.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know how broken chip is in that game, but still, absolutely no chip?

Crossover Counters prevent any hope of a comeback in my eyes. If the other person has a little bit of health left, I could zone him and wait the approach then block and counter for the win.

It just seems a little... gay.
well, i'm not sure what can be done about your chip kills but Crossover Counters are slow. As long as you poke with anything without a huge amount of lag(i.e. Non-Fierce normals) , if your opponent tries a Variable Counter, you can just stop, block, and punish your opponent. that's why you see them being used so seldomly.

Top Bottom