• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Ive played most of those. Animal Crossing? Really. Grow the f ck up. That game is garbage in disc form. The mario kart and strikers is cool though.
You have a very cute way of stating your opinion. Good thing this isn't Gamefaqs or we'd be in a ****storm right now.

But the point was those games have good online.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Anyhow, I'm still annoyed that it's on the Wii, and has not made a PS3/360 port over, because imo, it would be more successful with those systems,

Okay, here's what I don't get: People keep on complaining about the lack of good 3rd party wii games, and once a good 3rd party wii game DOES come out, people always go "WTF, WHY IS THIS ON WII, IT SHOULD B 4 TEH PS360 OMG:mad::mad::mad:"

Seriously, make up your minds already.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here's what I don't get: People keep on complaining about the lack of good 3rd party wii games, and once a good 3rd party wii game DOES come out, people always go "WTF, WHY IS THIS ON WII, IT SHOULD B 4 TEH PS360 OMG:mad::mad::mad:"

Seriously, make up your minds already.
The reason being is...how many serious fighting gamers (outside of Smash players) do you know that owns a Wii?

This is what I'm pointing out too, because to be truthful, all of the Newly Released Capcom fighting games did very well, however TvC did not? Let's remove the fact that it didn't get a US release until now because even in Japan, in contrast to the other recently released Capcom fighting games, this one happened to do the worse.

It's a given that had this game of been released for say, the PS3, you would actually see alot more hype for this game, even over seas here in the US. However many dropped the option to even port this game over simply due to being on a system, that few competitive players opted to own in the first place due to the main reason that it would lack any real fighting games in the first place.

This isn't about why the Wii doesn't have good 3rd parties (which overall it doesn't anyhow), however it pertains to having better accessibility to competitive players, and or fighting gamers. I could only imagine a PS3 release for this game, which would without a doubt draw more players to it.

TvC was a game that should not have been console exclusive. However, with a US release, this could very well be the 2nd Chance that TvC needs.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
yea, if i wasnt a melee player, i wouldnt own a wii, i was so close to selling mine, but i had to have TvC just because im that hardcore of a fighting game player.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ This game come's out too late, I have to import it from the US when I go back to school. I'm glad this game is Wifi as long as the gameplay is Wifi and not that Mario & Sonic Olympic games fake Wifi. ;_; ♥

metaXzero

Smash Champion
The reason being is...how many serious fighting gamers (outside of Smash players) do you know that owns a Wii?

This is what I'm pointing out too, because to be truthful, all of the Newly Released Capcom fighting games did very well, however TvC did not? Let's remove the fact that it didn't get a US release until now because even in Japan, in contrast to the other recently released Capcom fighting games, this one happened to do the worse.

It's a given that had this game of been released for say, the PS3, you would actually see alot more hype for this game, even over seas here in the US. However many dropped the option to even port this game over simply due to being on a system, that few competitive players opted to own in the first place due to the main reason that it would lack any real fighting games in the first place.

This isn't about why the Wii doesn't have good 3rd parties (which overall it doesn't anyhow), however it pertains to having better accessibility to competitive players, and or fighting gamers. I could only imagine a PS3 release for this game, which would without a doubt draw more players to it.

TvC was a game that should not have been console exclusive. However, with a US release, this could very well be the 2nd Chance that TvC needs.
Did it not sell as well as other released Capcom fighters (what else is there besides SFIV), or did it bomb? I don't remember, though if TvC failed in Japan, it'd be strange of Capcom to give it an international release...

IIRC, the TvC cabinet was made using the same tech as the Wii. While putting it on the Wii was simple, it'd have to be remade from the ground up for the PS3 and 360. Who knows if Capcom wants to do that after just finally getting the game out of Japan...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Did it not sell as well as other released Capcom fighters (what else is there besides SFIV), or did it bomb? I don't remember, though if TvC failed in Japan, it'd be strange of Capcom to give it an international release...
Last I checked, it sold very well in japan, at least that's what capcom has been saying.

But yeah, as I said on Gamefaqs, TvC, nor any follow-ups, will be multiplatform for these reasons:

1. Tatsunoko wanted it to be for wii.
2. You can't just port a wii game to the PS360. At the very, very, veeeeery best it could recieve a PS2 port, but that's still really pushing it, especially because....
3. The arcade board they're using is based on wii hardware, and any sequels to TvC will most likely be on the same board.

Basically, the wii is too different from the other systems to get a multiplatform release. That's why every wii version of a PS360 game is often an entirely different game altogether.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Neat. :cool:

Luckily, it's another Tatsunoko rep whose series had been imported to the U.S. (courtesy of Media Blasters and that edited "Teknoman" english dub) a while back, so we'll get some more fans buying the game (if they're still around).

Of course, there's also the allure of pitting him against the original...;)

That said, I'm glad to see that the Japanese won't get gipped out of getting the version we'll have.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Excellent!

Tekkaman Blade looks awesome and I might end up using him if his moves match said awesomeness. It might not be relevant, but there is some speculation going on about him being Daimao's replacement.

Also a Japanese re-release, eh? Not that I doubted such, but it increases the likelyhood of getting to see more info on TvC at the Tokyo Game Show. We might get some new info on Tekkaman Blade or get a new stage reveal.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
That sucks that we're not getting that genie guy. I don't know anything about Tatsunoko, but that genie guy looked cool. By the way, can someone tell me why Tatsunoko's symbol is Horsea from Pokemon?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
There was something on the first page about hinting at Evangalion characters.

Is this true? Or is it just a fan started rumor?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
So yeah, as ipity said, the characters have pretty much been leaked.

I like the choices for the Capcom characters, but they sadly took the cheap way out with the Tatsunoko ones :<

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I found out on Shoryuken and Gamefaqs earlier this morning. It looks like the cat's out of the bag now thanks to carelessness on Capcom's part.

Though, I can't say I'm too disappointed. I'm even looking forward to using a couple of them.

Ah, Okay, when i didn't see them on the page I clicked on, I was worried.
I only main women and penguins
Interesting. There are no penguins in TvC, but I hear some of the ladies are among the best in the game.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
It's called a seahorse

Yeah, but it looks exactly like Horsea. It wouldn't surprise me if the design for one of them was influenced by the other. It would be no different than if they're icon looked just like Homer Simpson and I said "It's called a person."

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Man! I like the whole "who's going to be in" wait and the theories, debates, and flame wars that come before release. Thanks for ruining it Capcom >:(

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man! I like the whole "who's going to be in" wait and the theories, debates, and flame wars that come before release. Thanks for ruining it Capcom >:(
Considering the whole "Brawl roster leak" debacle, this sort of thing doesn't bother me all that much anymore (though I'll try to avoid going on the net when SSB4 is announced).

That said, I'm a little disappointed. But still, It's nice to have Zero in a Capcom crossover that isn't SNK-related for once.

Also, yes, the original one, please. :coolmonke

As for Yatter-2, that's nice, because she'll get to team up with her partner to beat the living snot out of Doronjo! :flame:

Now, for Frank West. While it's disappointing to see that obvious choices like Dante and Power Stone's Rouge were glossed over, it's a good thing to see that Frank West will get to pull a Jill Valentine and show how he fares in the fray. When you consider that he's a pragmatic fighter...this should be interesting. :cool:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Personally, I'm not getting my hopes high on X Series Zero. I'm not saying MMX Zero can't or won't happen, but Capcom seems bent on pushing MMZ Zero as the definitive Zero.

I wouldn't mind either of the two, but they used a more modern version of Megaman (Voulnutt), so it would sit better with me if they used MMZ Zero. Though again, I'll take MMX Zero too. Though, it just occurred to me that there is a chance that they would go with his MMX1 look to differentiate him from the other sword users. Then there's the possibility that "zero" means Zero Gouki. That would certainly be a pleasant surprise. :ohwell:

And about Frank West, how would he blend in with the anime/superhero-style cast? I think it would help if he wore his X costume, he could even double as a substitute MMX.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Man, I can find very, very little on how the characters play. The only descriptions I've found are for the black broken ninja dude and the giant gold robot. Little help on finding descriptions of their play styles?

황미영

Smash Champion
I think for some reason Frank West is gonna play in a hybrid of Jill as in summoning zombies and his attacks from the game.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Does anyone know if you can play this with the classic controller? The Gamecube controller's d-pad is too small, and I can't play fighters with an analog stick(except for Smash Bros.).

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
So the Japanese are getting a re-release huh? Even if it was bound to happen at some point down the road it's good to hear. Can't wait for the new version to come over.

Top Bottom