• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt cancelling in Melee (not a joke, can only be done on rainbow cruise)

Smash Journeyman
I did a search for taunt cancelling and taunt cancel and didn't find anything that matched my discovery. On Rainbow Cruise there's a platform that tilts left and right depending on which side you're standing on, stand on the right side and when it stops tilting your character should look like he's falling in the air, that's when you can taunt cancel.

This can also be used for moves that can only be done on the ground (this exclude attacks like Link's UpB), some character's taunts cancels aren't funny because their taunt is cancelled before their voice over starts. This is even funnier on tiny melee.

I've heard of taunt canceling done without this but this works with every character and you taunt cancel much faster (like as fast as you can in SSB64).

I don't think this has been posted before too.

You can taunt cancel by taunting on something that's about to dissapear, there's plenty of things that dissapear on Rainbow Cruise.

And you can do sliding taunts on that Earthbound city stage on the UFO that shows up there by wavedashing on it and taunting.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yup. Pikachu (and mario?) can also cancel the ending of their taunts by shielding.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
That's pretty awesome. I loved to go "SHOW-SHOW-SHOW-SHOW-SHOW-SHOW-SHOW-YA-MOVES" with c falcon in SSB64
You can taunt cancel on the cloud on YS btw. EDIT: ^^someone beat me to it lolol

Top Bottom