• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt parties are really taunt parties?

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware of taunt parties and how they're usually on the free for all section. I usually prefer team battles, but sometimes I hop onto the free for all spot because 1 vs 1 isn't really my cup of tea. Plus I go to free for all because it takes forever to find four players who stay around long enough to start the match. That's to be expected when the game is as old as it is.

So on free for all, it's kind of a hit and miss when you're going to find a taunt party or a full group who want to fight. When I go to the taunt parties, I respect their choice of playing the game and don't mess with them. Then I leave and hopefully find another match where people want to fight.

However, I've been noticing that recently, when it's established that the game I joined is a taunt party, that these taunters 3 vs 1 me. Or it's one 'taunter' who deliberately targets me and ignores everyone else. Then the others stay away or somewhere in the corner and take turns with potshots. And then they continue this trend, even though I never once attacked any of them. This has been happening a lot lately, to the point where I don't even want to bother with smash online because all the modes are just dying out.

So to you taunters, why do you do this? Does it get your jollies off to harass someone who came in and respected your choice of play?

Thorina

Smash Rookie
I never go into Free For Alls because it's expected, but this has been leaking into FG Teams a lot recently and it's really aggravating. There is a few people who come in to just run away the entire time and teabag and basically just screw their teammate over for whatever reason. Or someone apparently gets a grudge against someone else and refuses to fight every time they're on that person's team. Usually people on the opposite team don't go along with it, and once I notice someone's trying to have a 2v1, I try to hunt down the teabagger.
But last night I was in FG Teams and the group I was in played for like 6 games or so and all seemed well. Then suddenly one of the guys is on my team teabagging and running away the whole match, and the other 2 are targeting only me. I try following him to bring him into the fight and nope, the other 2 refuse to hit him and will only hit me, complete with taunting and teabagging. That pissed me off because I never spam or act obnoxious unless someone else did it first and is clearly just trying to annoy people (spamming side-b's across the stage, etc), but none of that was happening in these games, so I have no idea what set this guy off. I reported all of them but as you said, I think the game modes are just going to slowly die to this crap, sadly.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I go to Free For All because it takes freaking forever to find a full team game. Maybe my region is dead and it takes longer to find close enough members. And you're right, it has been leaking into ForGlory and even Team battles on both sides. A while ago this happened in team battle and I promptly left after the second match.

And they did just what you said, the two just attacked me nonstop. I was confused and sort of stopped fighting once I noticed the pattern, but they kept attacking. I don't think they realize online isn't just them and that they're ruining the game for others. Or maybe they do and they're just being A-holes.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any games again on team battles so I had to move to free for all. Exact same thing happened. I didn't attack anyone and right off the bat one player just keeps targeting me. It's clearly a taunt party, so I don't fight back or whatever. After a while, I get annoyed and do, but mostly to get them to realize they should back off. After the game everyone keeps teabagging me and then name calling me via the tag section, even though I did absoutley nothing.

I just want to personally thank a-hole taunt partiers for ruining what should had been a fun session for me. I have no problem with taunt parties, just don't be ***** about it when someone is respecting your choice of play. I wish they'd be sent to banland, but it's never going to happen.

Top Bottom