• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt parties in anonymous wifi.

RNDM!

Smash Cadet
one time i was with the same guy for like an hour and a half, but then I
got disconnected and never saw him again
They should update wifi so you can add people

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
Omg yes I once taunt partied with a random pit he was white I was black for like 6 hours we got friends codes by crouching in the numbers lmao......Flying around hyrule temple spamming your not ready yet
best moment in my brawl career =D
Thats smart, but only if for some serious matches later; not with friend taunt parties.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
when i first encountered this it was especially funny...i was Sheik and there were these 2 captain falcons taunting "show me ur moves" on one side of the stage while i was fighting an Ike on the other. Then the Ike joined in and i just like stood there looking back and forth a few times and there it began lol

i later found out the term taunt party, didn't know what to call it b4...it can be pretty fun when u get bored of fighting. Also good time to show off some tricks and glitches

Kix

Smash Journeyman
With Anyone should've had an "Add as a Friend" thing.
Too bad Nintendo sucks. They probably thought that you might do that to someone who made you angry so you could find out where they live and hunt them down!

mc4

Smash Journeyman
i don't really get the point of a taunt party unless your wario lol when i get sick of it i just start attacking everyone because that crap gets old fast.

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
I've had the odd taunt party. I remember one where both my opponents were Captain Falcon, and for most of the match, they went: Show Ya Moves. But other than that, I have been taunt party free mostly

Pikatwo

Smash Rookie
I've had quite a number of taunt parties, since i'm the one who starts them!
My most memorable taunt fest was during the school break. I was in a room with some skilled brawlers, I don't know why, but we all started randomly taunting.

They knew some glitches too. One of did the Gigalypuff glitch, while another did the Metakight infinate dimensional cape! I also performed the infinate codec call with Snake, and from then on, we brawled on shadow moses island the whole time. We even had an all sonic party, where we mached up our taunts. I still have the replay!

The matches would last forever, since when there was a sudden death, we bashed down the top walls of shadow moses island and taunted/crouched/other stuff offscreen where the bombs couldn't get us! We usually commited suicide after a while though, mainly because we wanted to save the replay.

The mots recent one I had was not really a taunt party. I was dark falco, and we would get one of the starfox stages each time. Everyone would leave me alone while i did the codec thing, then we started fighting normally.

It's also fun to mess with people's heads. It was a one on one match with an unskilled toon link, i was Kirby. I would taunt whenever i could while still fighting. When he died, i would kill myself too, just because i wanted a sudden death. Yeah...I do that sometimes.
:dizzy:

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
I've had a few taunt parties too, but the taunting gets boring pretty fast, so I usually start jumping on people's heads. I love that. xD

Most of the time I turn off every item except Bumpers, Banana peels, and Pitfall seeds.
Then I just taunt and mess around a lot (Pitfall seed+Falcon Punch=awesomeness).

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
I noticed that (if you mean this one), but this thread is older and has more posts, so I thought I should post in here rather then newer ones. =\

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Whether one thread or two, taunt parties are a load of horse crap. If that's how you're going to roll, YOU should be the one to do this crap with your friend roster. Don't hold it against me that I'm playing a fighting game to fight and tell me I should just leave or play with my friends. No place for that garbage IMO.

EDIT: Yes I have just been spending the last 40 minutes trying to get an actual Basic Brawl online, only to get a bunch of ******** kids crouching and taunting.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You're better off trying to get a 2VS2 Brawl, at least there is a better chance people will be serious there.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Taunt parties are what Basic Brawl is all about. ;)

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I feel the exact way as DDM.
Taunt parties are so pitiful. I don't spend hours trying to get in a match just to find out it's full of crouchers/taunters. When my time gets wasted like this, my router somehow finds a way to disconnect itself.. <.< Oups, there's the end of that taunt party.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I don't need you to tell me how brawl's wifi games are in general, but currently for me it's either that or comps.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
No.
You stand there and press a direction on the d-pad for two minutes. Effectively entertaining for the very simple minded.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Omg these are f-cking amazing lmao. Lucas is always the taunt party hoster.
And yeah it is pretty sad that you wont know who this person is.

One day i was spectating and i saw a samus crouch spamming, and a lucas dtilt spamming, idk why this was so funny, but it was.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Oh, so that's what it's called, eh? Actually yes this happened to me today and yesterday as well. Managed to get into a random fight with three Ike's and a Lucas. At the start we all just spammed the ''Prepare yourself'' taunt, after a while Lucas became a jerk and started hitting us! We trippled teamed him for three matches and then he left.

Never knew what that was called, just go with the flow and taunt!

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Taunt parties are awesome, but it seems like its never all 4 people that want to be in it, theres almost always one that has to attack everyone. Its even more fun though to attack the person that won't play along lol.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I feel the exact way as DDM.
Taunt parties are so pitiful. I don't spend hours trying to get in a match just to find out it's full of crouchers/taunters. When my time gets wasted like this, my router somehow finds a way to disconnect itself.. <.< Oups, there's the end of that taunt party.
Try as i might to disrupt every taunt party i find, the disconnect is often the best defense. Sometimes when i'm bored i seek out the taunt parties just to break em up. Then if i get overcome by a 3 on 1, or just bored of knocking taunters around, i disconnect. I just wish i could see the look on their face when the white message pops up on the screen putting an abrupt end to their little play date.

Taunt all u like, but if i have anything to do with it expect to be interrupted and hopefully disconnected. Keep up the good work Sarah.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Try as i might to disrupt every taunt party i find, the disconnect is often the best defense. Sometimes when i'm bored i seek out the taunt parties just to break em up. Then if i get overcome by a 3 on 1, or just bored of knocking taunters around, i disconnect. I just wish i could see the look on their face when the white message pops up on the screen putting an abrupt end to their little play date.

Taunt all u like, but if i have anything to do with it expect to be interrupted and hopefully disconnected. Keep up the good work Sarah.
People like you make me sick. Who goes on Wi-Fi just to ruin other people's fun? I mean, if you hate taunters, I don't care if you beat them up, but disconnecting to seperate them, why? What have taunters ever done to you? It's not like we're any worse then spammers.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh, so that's what it's called, eh? Actually yes this happened to me today and yesterday as well. Managed to get into one little fight and my mom got scared and said you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.
Fixed it for you.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
People like you make me sick. Who goes on Wi-Fi just to ruin other people's fun? I mean, if you hate taunters, I don't care if you beat them up, but disconnecting to seperate them, why? What have taunters ever done to you? It's not like we're any worse then spammers.
Quoted for truth.

RZA_Immortal Technique

Smash Journeyman
lol i have this one taunt where me and this person got on sudden death and i was link and he was tlink.and i threw a bomb up aboce us(we were together) and then he did the windwaker taunt and i did the up taunt and we both died at the same time lol

Shiroi

Smash Apprentice
Taunt parties = Boring Spectating matches.
I've got some of the matches on spectate. It was really gay.
I hated betting on someone and then they don't do ****. >.>

ShadowAlchemist

Smash Rookie
Taunt parties = Boring Spectating matches.
I've got some of the matches on spectate. It was really gay.
I hated betting on someone and then they don't do ****. >.>
Other than the word "gay", I agree with this comment completely

I ****ing hate taunt spammers. Whenever I start a Wi-Fi match and there's a taunt spammer, I usually stop them. My thoughts are 'if they're to preoccupied with beating me, they can't taunt spam' so naturally, I attack them. I usually win the match too, even when it's 3 on 1, I was just doing it a few minutes ago, actually (I lost the last few matches, but whatever). I challenge any and all taunt spammers to face me

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Aww. But taunt matches are fun.

Sometimes.

The best kind of taunt match is when all 4 players choose the same character.
I have a Ness and Ike replay saved of those. I admit, I couldnt stop laughing. XD

Besides:
AFK players <<<<<<<<<<<< Taunters

Especially on Team battle. I can never find a AFK player on Basic Brawl.
I feel like people are doing it on purpose.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
The first match I joined With Anyone today was a taunt party. I really didn't want to wait another 15 minutes, so I 'figgered I'll just do my own thing in those matches and leave them be. Me (Ike), a Meta Knight, and a Sonic.

Then a Link that wanted to brawl joined. He kept attacking everyone on Temple, so the Meta Knight tilt locked him against the wall. So I jumped up right in front of the Link and taunted "C'mon!" with Falcon. Sonic kept spamming in the back "You're too slow!" It was actually slightly more fun than I had expected. But more than likely a one-time thing.

bobson

Smash Lord
It's almost ironic how typically all of the best players in basic brawl are the ones taunting.

Top Bottom