• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Dude I'm not a newb, and i'll give you the reasons:

(1) I have had Brawl since the day it came out.

(2) I never play as Jigglypuff, if you looked carefully, It is a "Snake" Icon not a Jiggly Icon.

(3) I never used to break shields on purpose with any character, not even Snake. Which means I have NEVER done it with Jiggly.

Oh and, I would like to use Wario - Man hack because I can kill anybody with him because he can fly high and is fast and powerful.
Were Im standing you look like straight up scrub.

.1) Doesnt matter when you got brawl, you could of gotten a year before it came out you can still be a baddie.

.2) Jiggilypuff is a boss character, and it doesnt matter what character you play you can still be a scrub.

.3) Gtfo.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
@Soviet I don't even know you and you arn't even involved in this. People arn't perfect.

Besides, why are you judging me just because I forgot a little detail in a video game??!!

IT'S JUST A GAME IT DOSN'T MATTER!!!!

~Lady Luck~

Smash Cadet
Washington (no, there's no shiny vampires here)
Its hard to find a good match on Basic brawl without taunters.
Finding a good match on Basic Brawl is nearly impossible for people who want real practice. After all...

1. Like you said. In many rooms, there's going to be at least one person who wants to start a Taunt Party.
2. Items tend to be on.
3. There's almost always more than 2 people in the room, and people WILL gang up on winning players, making "fair" 1on1 matches impossible. And even if there IS just 2 human players in the room, there's a chance of CPUs coming in.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Some of these guys on Wi-Fi are so annoying. In other words, Basic Brawl. Everytime I play as Snake and I want to do that Codec call on Shadow Moses Island, Some guy like Mario today throws a fireball at me which messes up the easter egg. By the way the situation was looking, it was almost as if he knew I was trying to do it.

Also, I saw a weird glitch where this guy got behind one of the towers On Shadow Moses Island (People usually are forced on the other side when the tower comes up) while the tower was coming back up.... I found that kinda weird eh?

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
There are so many *******s on Basic Brawl haha like that Mario guy.

5 Minutes ago, I was playing in a taunt party all four of us. Well Mr. Snake being the ****** he is, came and made the big fire ball poof up that was beside me and I was going to dinz it. He through it in the other direction, so I stood there on Hyrule ready to Nayrus Love it. he knew hat, grabbed me and pushed me back. Not only did I land on a lightning bolt, fight him up in the air, then finished him with my famous uair, but I also Nayru'd the flame ball. Haha XD Too bad I got disconnected.

Yeah I always love going passed the towers.

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
By the way the situation was looking, it was almost as if he knew I was trying to do it.

Also, I saw a weird glitch where this guy got behind one of the towers On Shadow Moses Island (People usually are forced on the other side when the tower comes up) while the tower was coming back up.... I found that kinda weird eh?
The Mario did know you were trying to do it. (I hate party poopers like that, lol)

Behind the tower is a fun place to be...

Kirby: Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii! Haiii!

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
@Soviet I don't even know you and you arn't even involved in this. People arn't perfect.

Besides, why are you judging me just because I forgot a little detail in a video game??!!

IT'S JUST A GAME IT DOSN'T MATTER!!!!
If it doesn't matter why were you trying to prove you weren't a scrub?

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
both Of You Guys Are Being Idiots, Take Your Stupid Argument Outta My Thread Please.
Excuse Me Excuse Me Excuse Me? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Some of these guys on Wi-Fi are so annoying. In other words, Basic Brawl. Everytime I play as Snake and I want to do that Codec call on Shadow Moses Island, Some guy like Mario today throws a fireball at me which messes up the easter egg. By the way the situation was looking, it was almost as if he knew I was trying to do it.
Anyway, he was a fake Taunter so when he stopped the Easter Egg, the next time I played I went Falcon Crazy on him and beat him bad. :laugh:

:falcon:

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Excuse Me Excuse Me Excuse Me? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Can't you two just get along? He made a mistake, he might be scrub or he might not be a scrub. Does it really matter whether or not he is a scrub? If you really wanna find out, fight him on brawl. Fair fight, final destination, no items, no hacks, any character. That is the best way I see to settle it. Own him or he owns you. Just challenge him and stop saying anything about his skills and just fight him. No use arguing over skill about a fighting game with online. Just settle this somewhere else.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Can't you two just get along? He made a mistake, he might be scrub or he might not be a scrub. Does it really matter whether or not he is a scrub? If you really wanna find out, fight him on brawl. Fair fight, final destination, no items, no hacks, any character. That is the best way I see to settle it. Own him or he owns you. Just challenge him and stop saying anything about his skills and just fight him. No use arguing over skill about a fighting game with online. Just settle this somewhere else.
All I hear are those buckets of johns.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
It is my hope in earnest that minds can change on this matter. It wasn't long ago that the notion of an online Smash Bros. was too awesome to imagine. Now taken for granted and players find new ways to get pissy over mindless fighting action. It's a crime against fun itself with this behavior. Truly, no game is safe if Smash isn't good enough.

Using an extreme but plausible hypothetical, asking players to reconsider beating on that lone player, the phantom person, because the one for all you know owes the privilege of playing his favorite game to Child's Play in between real-life bouts with radiation therapy. You win, way to go. Win harder, think twice, play nice, I promise it's easy if you try.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
It is my hope in earnest that minds can change on this matter. It wasn't long ago that the notion of an online Smash Bros. was too awesome to imagine. Now taken for granted and players find new ways to get pissy over mindless fighting action. It's a crime against fun itself with this behavior. Truly, no game is safe if Smash isn't good enough.

Using an extreme but plausible hypothetical, asking players to reconsider beating on that lone player, the phantom person, because the one for all you know owes the privilege of playing his favorite game to Child's Play in between real-life bouts with radiation therapy. You win, way to go. Win harder, think twice, play nice, I promise it's easy if you try.
Someone in the hospital getting radiation is not gonna be spending his time playing Smash Bros...

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice

QFT. I love the way you word your sentences.

Sometimes I let my little brother beat me in a match; he gets so happy when he wins. :laugh:

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
I have a tatic to make crasher always lose, but I don't know if my taunt friend (don't know how to call them) knows it too. It worked only with one person, probably cause no one understands it.

I let jab me, then I suicide. +1 for my partner. So the match ends with like +30 to one guy and the crasher gets mad and leave.

But most of them also suicide and don't even let me jab them, so the crasher gains +1

Luigiman777

Smash Rookie
I think my favorite thing to do in Taunt Parties is bounce off of everyone's head. I'm just jumping off of everybody, back and forth. I've never gotten anyone to go along with me, but it would be awesome. Wario-Man flying is aslo fun, but I hate Wario, so I hardly ever pick him.

Having everyone as the same character is fun no matter who it is.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I have a tatic to make crasher always lose, but I don't know if my taunt friend (don't know how to call them) knows it too. It worked only with one person, probably cause no one understands it.

I let jab me, then I suicide. +1 for my partner. So the match ends with like +30 to one guy and the crasher gets mad and leave.

But most of them also suicide and don't even let me jab them, so the crasher gains +1
I hate when they do that... like if my friend KO's me by mistake he just jumps off...and gives the crasher a +1... I jab my friend again until they jump off again. If they don't, I'll fight them. Unless they're really good lolz then I try to be nice.

Sometimes, rarely but sometimes I just do NOT feel like fighting. I went into a room with 2 players who were really good and 1 n00b. I kept getting the n00b to hit me then I suicide so he ends up with like a +5...the other two get so mad and try to KO me. I don't even fight them at all I just walk toward the n00b to get him to win. It is so fun lmao

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
I hate when they do that... like if my friend KO's me by mistake he just jumps off...and gives the crasher a +1... I jab my friend again until they jump off again. If they don't, I'll fight them. Unless they're really good lolz then I try to be nice.

Sometimes, rarely but sometimes I just do NOT feel like fighting. I went into a room with 2 players who were really good and 1 n00b. I kept getting the n00b to hit me then I suicide so he ends up with like a +5...the other two get so mad and try to KO me. I don't even fight them at all I just walk toward the n00b to get him to win. It is so fun lmao
Sometimes I also just give points to one person, but it's just if there is a spammer or something like that.

Arcade

Smash Ace
I used to like taunt parties, until I realized the only fun part of them is defending the hapless taunters against the crashers.

I've run into so many people who apparently just want to glide under Smashville or New Pork City... or use Homing Attack under FD the whole time (can't you do that in Training Mode or something?) It's not uncommon for me to see people who literally only walk around the stage, throw items off the edge, taunt and attack someone maybe four times. How bored can you get?

I mean, I totally get it if you like playing all Falcon matches with bumpers and bombs only on Mushroomy Kingdom. Likewise if I think you're trying to do Snake's codec or something, I won't interrupt you. But snakedashing across Bridge of Eldin for two minutes straight is really that fun? So much so that you would gang up on people who want to fight? My best guess as to why they would do this is they actually do want a crasher to come and fight them, like I did. But doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Yeah, I just don't get it. So can anyone explain this to me?

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
I've run into so many people who apparently just want to glide under Smashville or New Pork City... or use Homing Attack under FD the whole time (can't you do that in Training Mode or something?) It's not uncommon for me to see people who literally only walk around the stage, throw items off the edge, taunt and attack someone maybe four times. How bored can you get?
If your partner don't do anything special it sure gets boring fast. Try doing some reverse Hyrule jumps or going under FD(not with easy character li ke MK), doing glitches(going over shadow moses island walls comes in mind...) or using hacks.

Hacks are the best thing you can do. Seriously, try using hacks, they are so much fun :)

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Hacks are the best thing you can do. Seriously, try using hacks, they are so much fun :)
Yes hacks are awesome in TPs, it's the whole reason I got Homebrew. If you think TPs are boring, get hacks!

There's a downside to hacks though, I once had to fight a Giga Bowser crasher :dizzy:

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
I remember one time I set pokeballs to only let out Manaphy. We were all trying to kill each other by jumping under the stage when our characters were switched. :laugh:

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how manaphy works. When you switch bodys, if you SD, who will lose the stock?
Manaphy basically switches your character and position with another player. So if you get hit, you will still take damage, and if you SD when you're switched it will count towards you. So feel free to laugh at anyone who tries to SD :p

A trick for Manaphy is to wait until you're about to switch back with your opponent, and then jump underneath the stage and use all your jumps. That way when you switch back, you opponent probably won't make it to the edge :p

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Hacks are so lolzy. Yesterday I was in a taunt party group. This Link would like...be a ***** to people. So this Marth and Wolf would attack him. Being the Princess Zelda I am, I stayed back..and ran away from the Link, he eventually started attacking me so I would attack him back if he got near me. The Link, Marth and Wolf would always change sides.. like it would be 2 vs 1 or 1 vs everyone, depending on who wants to team up for that match. Over an hour pasts, and suddenly Wolf turned into Wario man for all the matches and destroyed the two. Me and Wario man were good buds so he would always crotch beside me. And if anyone tried to steal me away from my man, wario man would kill them... so much fun haha.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
Manaphy basically switches your character and position with another player. So if you get hit, you will still take damage, and if you SD when you're switched it will count towards you. So feel free to laugh at anyone who tries to SD :p

A trick for Manaphy is to wait until you're about to switch back with your opponent, and then jump underneath the stage and use all your jumps. That way when you switch back, you opponent probably won't make it to the edge :p
Nice to know, especially the trick, but you when do you switch back? 30 seconds?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Umm dont call me a supern00b 4 asking this, but what is a "taunt party"

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Basically a group of people who just taunt you even if you are fighting them just to piss you off. They'll run away and taunt and hit you, and run away again and taunt, just to make you mad

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
That's horribly inaccurate.

Umm dont call me a supern00b 4 asking this, but what is a "taunt party"
Way to read the first paragraph of the OP.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Im still confused, why are you arguing because of a question, and i still wanna know the REAL definition of taunt party...

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Basically a group of people who just taunt you even if you are fighting them just to piss you off. They'll run away and taunt and hit you, and run away again and taunt, just to make you mad

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
You obviously have not tried to understand a taunt party at all. Before you call me a taunter spammer, I actually am a crasher, infact, when I fight them, I annoy them. Taunt parties are much more than that.

Im still confused, why are you arguing because of a question, and i still wanna know the REAL definition of taunt party...
If I recall, I answered that question in the "your wi-fi code of honor" thread. If that definition does not satisfy you, ask in the Q and A thread.

Edit: Nvm, someone else asked that. Here was my response.

If you sum up a taunt party as such: Taunt parties are a group of people who go online and taunt with other players, do not fight and show eachother tricks. This is really basically a non violent match where they try to comunicate with each other. All this changes when someone comes wanting to fight. Then all the people who participate in the taunt party gang up on that one player that wants to taunt. Sometimes if they wish, they will let one player go off to fight that one player or 2. There are at least 2 people in a taunt party so the results will vary. Basically this is what a taunt party is.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ffcq4B3Tsw They do random stuff and such. Fighting these players require strategy.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You obviously have not tried to understand a taunt party at all. Before you call me a taunter spammer, I actually am a crasher, infact, when I fight them, I annoy them. Taunt parties are much more than that.

If I recall, I answered that question in the "your wi-fi code of honor" thread. If that definition does not satisfy you, ask in the Q and A thread.

Edit: Nvm, someone else asked that. Here was my response.

If you sum up a taunt party as such: Taunt parties are a group of people who go online and taunt with other players, do not fight and show eachother tricks. This is really basically a non violent match where they try to comunicate with each other. All this changes when someone comes wanting to fight. Then all the people who participate in the taunt party gang up on that one player that wants to taunt. Sometimes if they wish, they will let one player go off to fight that one player or 2. There are at least 2 people in a taunt party so the results will vary. Basically this is what a taunt party is.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ffcq4B3Tsw They do random stuff and such. Fighting these players require strategy.

Thank you! this is all i asked, everyone else made a big deal out of it...
THANKS!

Top Bottom