• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
If you're a noob and you make spam posts clap your hands?

Seriously, go play with your other noobs until I find your Wifi group and reign hell on all of your kind.

YOU WILL SEE THE TRUE POWER OF A SUPER SAIYAN!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I actually appreciate the infraction, since moderators have almost never been active in this subforum.

BlueYoshi: Why would you want to sit around, taunting your *** off for two minute intervals? Taunt Parties, in their core philosophy, a ******** waste of time.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Well considering when the online and 1-player modes has their own section it has no moderators so people could some what go amuk in them well people's quest for a moderator got answered as it has been to general section. Gatlin is a good person. FoxBlaze71 just ignore poster like that if they bother you. Just sayin'...

That should give you more fuel and reason to crash TPs. >=)

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
@FoxBlaze: Some people enjoy different things, and Taunt Parties is one of the things people could like. No need to get mad. :p

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
You aren't getting the gist of what I'm saying.

TPers are a mix of homos and/or elementary school kids who are too weak to defend themselves and must choose gay methods to win.

The game isn't SSB Queer Happy Friend Time.

It's Brawl.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I see n00b taunt parties sometimes, but sometimes I get really good people, they go MK and say fight me, then proceed to taunt until you fight. Then if someone interferes, we go rage mode and **** them till they leave and we continue fighting. They're probably japanese since they all come out near night time... XD

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I usually join pro taunters, since I could always use a helping hand to make a noob's ****** all the more degrading.

If I saw a taunter IRL, I would go ape**** and they would be gasping for air faster than you can say, " You're too slow!"

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Foxblaze

When I see some of your posts I seriously want to hit you. You're super rude and arrogant for no reason. Taunt parties are a waste of time? Then so is any kind of brawl. It's a game and has no other purpose but for entertainment and it should not matter to you what other people enjoy. You're like an AV that mindlessly insults people.

Green Yoshi

Smash Cadet
I actually appreciate the infraction, since moderators have almost never been active in this subforum.

BlueYoshi: Why would you want to sit around, taunting your *** off for two minute intervals? Taunt Parties, in their core philosophy, a ******** waste of time.
Firstly it was not my intention to instigate an argument here. You just responded the way you do to everything, and the way you're personally attacking people just because they play a video game differently than you do shows a lot about who you are.

As for why I like them, it's just the typical way I play the game, and there's no reason I should have to defend that.

Although I will note: even though they're called Taunt Parties, "taunting" is not really part of it for me. I basically mess around with the stage and items, not really pressing A much, and I'd say many would agree based on what I've seen whenever I hop on.

So, to each their own dude.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Meh...

People have different views on matters GW. No matter how rude, they are still views. furry is showing how he feels. And because the discussion is so great, i would hate to change the topic but.....

I will. Lets say for example, I'm a blue/white ike i make "accomplices" with a black marth. The marth is very good and we destroy together "veterans" and "newcomers". We don't let anyone in our alliance. Would we still be labelled as a TP? I'm interested to hear everyone's opinion.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Of course people have different views, I'm not saying that they shouldn't. That was my view on the mean way he pushes his own views and opinions upon people.

I consider taunt parties to be an entire room of people not attacking each other. Isn't that the general definition? o.o

Green Yoshi

Smash Cadet
I will. Lets say for example, I'm a blue/white ike i make "accomplices" with a black marth. The marth is very good and we destroy together "veterans" and "newcomers". We don't let anyone in our alliance. Would we still be labelled as a TP? I'm interested to hear everyone's opinion.
I'd label it as a random alliance, how did that happen anyway?

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I don't really know anymore, me and this marth wrecked and if we ko'd eachother, we would give each other points. Once when the marth ko'd me, i jabbed him and he daired a good red snake while sding. it was a sight to behold. after that the snake made us wait for a minute, dc'd the entire group at the last second in the waiting room. I began to feel guilty since we were mainly attacking that snake while i was pushing lucarionoob1342 to the side.

Btw this was to GW, sorry yoshi, feel free to add your view. and to yoshi
I didn't do the taunting signal and just attacked everyone else, he followed along.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Foxblaze

When I see some of your posts I seriously want to hit you. You're super rude and arrogant for no reason. Taunt parties are a waste of time? Then so is any kind of brawl. It's a game and has no other purpose but for entertainment and it should not matter to you what other people enjoy. You're like an AV that mindlessly insults people.
Wow. I literally took a liking to lurking again starting yesterday, and this impelled me. I seldom see Global this annoyed.

With that in mind:

If you're a noob and you make spam posts clap your hands?
Let's grow up now, shall we? You see a post that you'd presume to be spam? Admonish, dissuade, or even report, if it's redundant. Sorry if some posts do not meet your expectations as substantial, but who's really in control of that? Not you. Attempting to exasperate via insult(s) is not going to get you anywhere, and might actually make the persuasion more distant from what you're trying to convey.

Seriously, go play with your other noobs until I find your Wifi group and reign hell on all of your kind.
This is probably the most satirical post I've seen throughout the thread since I stopped posting, and a notable folly on your behalf. Speaks for itself, so...

And I wish I could be as much of a douchebag as you.
At your current rate, you'll never reach his level, and as far as I've read, his level of being a douchebag is nonexistent. Another notable act of ineptitude.

So, is that a call to exploit their inactivity? That's odd. I thought Global Rule obligation was prevalent, my apologies. Oh wait, they are? Jeez, where does someone go off the ball thinking they fall as an exception, just because a moderator isn't frequent? Oh, the satire, it's simply compelling.

Why would you want to sit around, taunting your *** off for two minute intervals? Taunt Parties, in their core philosophy, a ******** waste of time.
>Complaints over Taunt Parties
>Brawl is still a game
>2011

You know what else is a waste of time? Contriving complaints. If you feel that it conjures so much irritation for you, then I'd advise you to like, stop playing. Regardless, complaints aren't going to change a thing.

You aren't getting the gist of what I'm saying.

TPers are a mix of homos and/or elementary school kids who are too weak to defend themselves and must choose gay methods to win.
What I find ludicrous is how serious you take Taunt Parties, let alone the game outside of its competitive scene, mate. Gay methods to win. I'll think about what that's meant to mean, because as far as I can speculate, "gay methods of winning" is a completely subjective concept, and I fail to see it in Taunt Parties, generally.

The game isn't SSB Queer Happy Friend Time.
I missed the part where Taunt Parties are a coherent representation of the entire game itself.

It's Brawl.
And you're mad.

Gatlinnn. Infract me if necessary, but he's conjuring a good deal of antipathy, and I can't really go further unspoken.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
*ahem* as much as flaming fox is enjoyable, can we skip it? :D

This "interesting*" discussion should end.
*did you sense the sarcasm there? because i meant it*

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
It is unnecessary, and I wish for it to cease. The ignore list is there for a reason, it'll save the topic from going rotten.

Green Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Btw this was to GW, sorry yoshi, feel free to add your view. and to yoshi
I didn't do the taunting signal and just attacked everyone else, he followed along.
But didn't you say everyone's opinion? Nbd but obviously it wasn't a TP eh? I guess that could just happen between 2 similar-styled players out of the blue. It is what it is really.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
One thing I'm very good at in terms of TPs is if I refuse to be in one, or mood dependent I leave after the 2 minutes and SD if we get it leave then go back to BB then sure enough get pitted with the same group I left. Even after long breaks it still nice to see that my luck hasn't changed. XD

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
@yoshi i meant as the response was directed to GW but anyone could have interpreted it. Anyway we shared ko's and double teamed snake. it shared quite a few characteristics as a TP. But we weren't noobs ???( noobs are sterotypical, got nothing else to call them)

@supa, i don't join but i barely see one anymore. I suspect sephy and the furry has exterminated most of them.

Green Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Not surprised how the direction this discussion went. It was bound to happen to be honest.
I'm more surprised it took a few years. Heheh. :lol:
Yeah sorry, I guess I started it :\

One thing I'm very good at in terms of TPs is if I refuse to be in one, or mood dependent I leave after the 2 minutes and SD if we get it leave then go back to BB then sure enough get pitted with the same group I left. Even after long breaks it still nice to see that my luck hasn't changed. XD
Oh I bet that happens to everyone. Sometimes I leave a group because it's boring... or perhaps the occasionally Pit spammer... well I always switch my char when I do that, so if I land in the same group they'll think I'm a different person and it won't be quite as embarrassing :)

Zulo

Smash Ace
I get this every so often...

I don't think that's ever happened to me, strangely. o.o It's more like I get dc'd when I like my group and I can't find the members again ;(
But this is the worst. >< Whenever I find someone I know in a group, it's basically condemned to DC within five turns. I really wish BB was more friend-friendly (lol), as in, it would tell you when someone in the group is on your friend roster, it would pair you up with friends when possible, and most of all I'd like to be able to add people I see online. Something to look forward to in Smash 4, I guess.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I must inquire, my good men, what's going on in this threa-... oh lawdy.

Well, anyways, I've always been pretty neutral when it comes to "taunt parties," quite honestly. Though I'm not even sure I would even call them that anymore... More like "pacifist groups" now, I would say.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
My question lost in the new posts. I'll get it back, someday!

I don't really know anymore, me and this marth wrecked and if we ko'd eachother, we would give each other points. Once when the marth ko'd me, i jabbed him and he daired a good red snake while sding. it was a sight to behold. after that the snake made us wait for a minute, dc'd the entire group at the last second in the waiting room. I began to feel guilty since we were mainly attacking that snake while i was pushing lucarionoob1342 to the side.

Anyway we shared ko's and double teamed snake. it shared quite a few characteristics as a TP. But we weren't noobs ???( noobs are sterotypical, got nothing else to call them)

@supa, i don't join but i barely see one anymore. I suspect sephy and the furry has exterminated most of them.
I'm back

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I must inquire, my good men, what's going on in this threa-... oh lawdy.

Well, anyways, I've always been pretty neutral when it comes to "taunt parties," quite honestly. Though I'm not even sure I would even call them that anymore... More like "pacifist groups" now, I would say.
Well when we finally met in a BB we both were tired, and just passing time and just were up for whatever reasons and mostly wanted to sit back and do whatever. I was waiting for a reason to finally shut off my dang Wii and go to sleep at that time. Man that annoying random we had. XD

Zulo

Smash Ace
DaBeast, I do that all the time. Admittedly, I like to team with people who main the same characters as me if they do it well.. I don't like to think it's taunt partying, but I try not to let it turn into 2v1s because that's obviously unfair. As long as you're still attacking people though, it's not really a taunt party.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Well when we finally met in a BB we both were tired, and just passing time and just were up for whatever reasons and mostly wanted to sit back and do whatever. I was waiting for a reason to finally shut off my dang Wii and go to sleep at that time. Man that annoying random we had. XD
Lmao. That was actually pretty fun knocking up on that annoying Pit player for the heck of it, though. xD But yeah, it was like 2:00 AM when I joined that BB. My mind was only subconsciously into the game. Lol.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Wow and some of the lurkers come out of the wood work (you should stick we need new blood)I believe dabeast asked an interesting question

Are alliances taunters?

I would say they aren't, but that worst part of a taunt party are the alliances. I mean showing off tricks, even annoying repeated taunts I can take, but I can't stand when people won't let me have a strait up fight. When people are giving each other kills and ganging up on people I find it sad and distastefull. that is the part of the taunt party that makes me want to ruin their fun, to try to eradicate them. Honestly I can still stomach the alliance part, because I can sill win and have fun bating people to hit each other...but giving each other kills really ruins any competitive fun. its cheating, but the kind of cheating where you tell the person you cheated them and then laugh.

:phone:

Top Bottom