• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

KayossSZ

Smash Rookie
So I'm a rather new Brawler. Admittedly, I am not very good yet.

I've been playing Basic Brawls over the last few days, and I have run across a couple of these "Taunt Parties". I now realize why I've been getting ganged up on during sets of certain matches. Never knew this kind of thing existed. I figured that for whatever reason, certain groups of people just didn't like me, lol. I connect online for practice, and that's all I ever tried to do. I figured this was some kind of problem plaguing the Basic Brawl arena; little did I know that it was this.

Seems interesting. I suppose I might keep an eye out for these in the future. The signs and whatnot. Maybe join in on a few, and just stick to Team Battle for practice.

If any of you fought a Gold Ike last Friday, or an alternating Pink/White Dedede yesterday, hello. xD

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Yes. I run into as well. That along with red and green Peach are mostly all I see nowadays.
Um... I'm a Peach player too. I tend to alternate between Red and Blue time to time and maybe Green to be a little more unique so I have no idea if any of those Red Peaches are me. ^^' I'm usually non-violent though so maybe not.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Um... I'm a Peach player too. I tend to alternate between Red and Blue time to time and maybe Green to be a little more unique so I have no idea if any of those Red Peaches are me. ^^' I'm usually non-violent though so maybe not.
I pick white because I like it since I consider it her wedding gown. Blue is my 2nd favorite but I don't use it as much. I don't know if I ran into you or not. The ones I do run into attack regardless.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I pick white because I like it since I consider it her wedding gown. Blue is my 2nd favorite but I don't use it as much. I don't know if I ran into you or not. The ones I do run into attack regardless.
I saw a couple white peaches earlier. I felt like being a green Zelda all day who didn't seem to do much until I was betrayed. I spent most of my time watching taunt partiest misunderstand each other and fight while I did homework. Perhaps you were one of them. My best memory was sitting down with one in New Pork while she threw a few turnips a few times at them.

Anyway, taunt parties are fun. I sometimes get bored without a crasher...

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I saw a couple white peaches earlier. I felt like being a green Zelda all day who didn't seem to do much until I was betrayed. I spent most of my time watching taunt partiest misunderstand each other and fight while I did homework. Perhaps you were one of them. My best memory was sitting down with one in New Pork while she threw a few turnips a few times at them.

Anyway, taunt parties are fun. I sometimes get bored without a crasher...
You'll have to tell me what characters were there. I play late Eastern time. I do agree it is boring without crashers.

reactor

Smash Rookie
one time when I was online i saw a taunt partie and i killed everyone it was oawsome

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I think I only enjoy taunt parties because I enjoy goofing arounf where for once, CPUs aren't chasing me around the stage and following me around with their final smashes. I like the space otherwise I can't really do much rather than mash buttons shouting, "GET OFF! ARGH!" at the screen.

In otherwords, I suck at Brawl. Well, in serious battles I guess.

I dunno. It's sometimes fun to watch other people fight.
It kind of defeats the purpose of having Brawl but I bought it because I wanted to have fun, right? Hehe.

You'll have to tell me what characters were there. I play late Eastern time. I do agree it is boring without crashers.
Ehh... I was in that group for a really long time and they seemed to enjoy changing characters. One player was a Gold/Yellow Ike and the other person liked to switch around. On the New Pork stage, the other player was an Ike as well. They were focused on attacking only each other.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Peach is my second main... the plain pink Peach lol. I mostly see Daisy colored Peach and white peach. All Peach's tend to be very timid... and they do not trust anybody haha.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I wonder how much more enjoyable Taunt Parties would be if I decided to bring the party to Target Test or something. I just tend to lack things to do so easily... but I can get work done at the same time while watching them do random things.

Notable things I see people do in 4-People taunt parties:
Taunt.
Jump randomly.
Run back and forth.
Jump on people's heads.
Play with the ledge.
Jump in water in a water stage.
Jump off cliff in Temple.
Glide under stages.
Break your own shield.
Attack an invisible enemy.
Crouching.
Suicide.
Getting the Final Smash and not using it until the end.
Throw threatening items off a cliff (with the exception of Pokeballs and Deku Nuts).
Go afk or just stand there.
Attack someone out of boredom.
Create a misunderstanding and fight for hours.
Leave the room.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Notable things I see people do in 4-People taunt parties:
Taunt.
Jump randomly.
Run back and forth.
Jump on people's heads.
Play with the ledge.
Jump in water in a water stage.
Glide under stages.
Break your own shield.
Attack an away player
Crouching.
Suicide.
Getting the Final Smash and not using it until the end.
Throw threatening items off a cliff
Go afk or just stand there.
Attack someone out of boredom.
This pretty much sums up the majority of taunt parties. And couples form quite often. Between a Zelda/Peach/Zamus and a male... the male is suppose to protect the female, but in my case being a Zelda,I'm always the one saving them. >.<

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
This is how a majority of my taunt parties go

Match is played on Temple.
All of the items are off.
Two players stand at both ends of the stage and wait there, attacking anyone who gets too close.
The other player is busy attacking the air.
And I'm like, wtf

You guys SERIOUSLY need to GTFO of Temple(as well as BoE and FD) and turn the items on. It's fine to do this stuff when a crasher is in the room, but...

You're all doing it wrong, seriously.

Green Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Never picked Temple, yet play on it frequently. Bridge of Eldin should be the "main" TP stage

Who the heck wants to play with no items!??

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Temple is the main stage and forever be the main stage of the TP doesn't matter how much people think it sucks but destiny has shown itself.

Bridge of Eldin IMO sucks worse than Temple when it's in SD.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Temple is the main stage and forever be the main stage of the TP doesn't matter how much people think it sucks but destiny has shown itself.

Bridge of Eldin IMO sucks worse than Temple when it's in SD.
I am impossible to kill on Temple. After about a solid 5-6 techs on wifi, I leave. Leaves 'em skeptical.

awsomesauce

Smash Apprentice
Recently I find myself joining taunt parties less and less. If I do find one I usually crash. They stopped being fun for me. But sometimes I goof around the first game, then crash the next game and if I win or if they were not doing very well I don't attack them for a few games. I do this sometimes because crashing for me is really fun if they give me a challenge, and it confuses the **** out of the TPers if I don't attack them and try to win back their trust only to attack them later on.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Taunt Parties are feeling like a once in a while thing for me now. orz
It seems like I'll join one if I'm really bored and hope there's a crasher or find a 4-People Taunt Party and do homework and rearrange my character time to time or suicide when I notice someone died. *sigh*

I found a green Zelda the other day who acts exactly like how I do when I play as a green Zelda interestingly when I was a Peach. Find a corner, sit all day and watch out for danger. Then switch to Shiek maybe and attack the air then play with the ledge... I felt less unique but it was still interesting...

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Basic Brawl gets fun for me at night. Between 2AM and 5AM (If I feel like staying up), the TPs are just too sweet. I say this as a crasher, however.

FIREL

Smash Ace
There seems to be more pros at night.
You can find many great players .

Btw, were any of a you a random colored peach (one that switched colors after each match)

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
There seems to be more pros at night.
You can find many great players .

Btw, were any of a you a random colored peach (one that switched colors after each match)
Yes, that's when the big dogs come out.

Its mostly around midnight til 4am. I luv it!

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
My friend says that those are the Japanese players at night, I'm not sure though but those players sure can beat the living daylights out of you! (Well, SOMEtimes)

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Met this good MK/ Kirby player online. We teamed up and destroyed these 2 Mario players. Then they both left and in came a Ftilt happy Snake and pretty bad Samus. The MK/ Kirby ended up winning that match and then I got disconnected...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
There are definitely good Links out there. Encountered a crasher Pit(really good) last nite around 2 or 3am. He then switched to Link but I put a stop to him with Marth after a few matches. Dont know if you can call it crashing if no ones really doin' anythin' and we're just lookin out for eachother.

Ural1

Smash Rookie
hope i find some taunt parties
if anyone intressed send me a PM with your FC then we can play taunt party!
(i am the mr.game&watch green color and olimar)

Urgh....I hate taunt parties on basic brawl...it seems that no one plays BB seriously, although I can understand why, four players, time, and all items on is a triple-sucky combo =0

Top Bottom