• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
If the connection isn't so bad I can PS projectiles rather well. Tedious lag I rather just shield it than try to PS and I also don't bother to approach either.
I sometimes just powershield, but its more efficient to reflect and then pwn when i'm using wolf.

***** some ultra gay projectile spammer with a noob taunter at my side. During one sudden death, It tried to get me with b airs when I was in the tunnel . So I just spammed my fsmash until it connected, xd. I generally let the taunter venture out first in sudden death to weaken the spammer a bit before either it got KO'd and I KO'd the spammer, or it KO'd samus and I waited for a bomb it hit it.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Zelda's dins fire is bad if you don't know when to use it. It can come out as a surprise if used rarely...
And to trick opponents into air dodging into my up smash ;)

And it works often on noobs lol.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Its not too hard with practice. =p
Start simply. Fighting against a level 9 computer lucario and just powershield allll his moves. Except F-tilt. But its really good for training your PSing.
I would start at a lower level where the cpu is more predictable.

And spamchus just keep spamming if you just PS. Reflecting it teaches it not to spam.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
It's not going to stop Pikachus from spamming Dsmash every time they get near you

No matter how many times you punish it, they will keep doing it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hate fighting Pikachu's online for that very reason. It gets to the point where if I use Pikachu that I hate using it because it makes me feel dirty.

Really is quite absurd.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well... if you're getting HIT by Dsmash any more than, like, 1 in 10 times, you're probably doing something wrong. Wait for the Dsmash by holding shield. When it ends, grab, Utilt, do w/e, honestly.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, I know. Was just using a bit of humor and hyperbole.

Still, Pikachu's are a mess to fight. Not that avoiding Thunder is hard really. Just irritating.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Ugh, Pikachus are so annoying.

My Nyrus Love is pretty good at reflecting his thunder attacks. He isn't that hard, just annoying.

And most of the time you can get yourself out of his down smash. Really annoying if you can't though.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
You can DI out of it. I see a lot of randoms mess up and take off their shields half way through Pikachu's Dsmash and take damage and knock back. Often times those Pikachu's will Dsmash again instantly if you shield it.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
You can DI out of it. I see a lot of randoms mess up and take off their shields have way through Piakchu's Dsmash and take damage and knock back. Often times those Pikachu's will Dsmash again instantly if you shield it.
This. Just SDI/DI out of it if you happen to get caught in it, then tech and proceed to punish. :3

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
You better get out of the sky quick before it decides to use thunder.

I just shield his Dsmash and Uthrow, where Pika is at the most disadvantage against MK.
Pikachu doesn't have a disadvantage against MK.

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Chus spamming D-smash? Normal aerial with WEEGEE. Since that's who I usually use. If I have ROB, F-tilt like a boss.

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
Contrary to popular belief, it IS possible it get out of the infinite HRC barrier once you get knocked out of it. You need a gliding character, and when you're out of the boundary on either side, glide down until you reach the bottom of the screen. Then glide up, until you reach the top of the screen, North on a compass. Glide down then and you'll eventually reach the bottom, so you can run back to the main area.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I've been going on Wifi quite infrequently now. I'd usually go on for 10-20 min or so and stop for the week. Perhaps I'm getting bored?

Well, I play BB while multitasking anyway. Because I like taunt parties, I find myself doing little other than keeping my character out of danger to risk hitting someone from my TP other than when the crasher is too in my face.

I think the only times I take action is when the crasher is being cheap and taking kills off an afk player I tend to defend or when something annoying is being performed such as the acts of a move or item being spammed.

I've been finding little motivation to find a decent room. I even went to Team Brawl so I can demolish as I please to the point of just trolling by playing with the physics of a throw star rod on a tilted platform. . .

Short version: I got bored of playing recently.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
^^I hear ya. I used to go on BB and stay there for awhile regardless of finding decent players. Nowadays, the only times I stay long are if I encounter a good player. 1/5 times I will, or find noobs who want to fight, so I give them what they want. I get bored after 1 or 2 matches owning someone and then leave. I get the itch again later on though and repeat the process.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Coming across a TP, I'll either DC it or fight them. Depends on my mood. Sorry for those I've DC'd but brawl is a fighting game, so get with the picture.

Top Bottom