• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Party Rules

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Iv'e noticed many tp players don't know the rules, so I'm going to put them in this thread.
First, Im going to tell you the types of taunt parties.
A. In this type of taunt party, assist trophies and poke balls are turned on and are used during the match and all the players try to dodge it.
B. In this type of taunt party, people try to be as annoying as possible by spamming taunts. In this type of taunt party, there are usually Sonics, Wario's, Kirby's, and Jigglypuffs.
C. In this type of taunt party, people show their skills by doing combo's, dacus, and short hop attacks, but they don't hit anyone. This type of taunt party isn't as common.

Rules:
1. If you give someone else damage, they have a right do give you damage back.
2. Do not use Yoshi's or Wario's N special on other people.
3. If you get a KO on someone, they have a right to KO you. And if they hit you, you should KO yourself.
4. Do not KO anyone on sudden death.
5. When someone is doing an attack not at anyone, you are not allowed to use a counter attack on them.
6. Do not throw items at people or attack people, unless their are a crasher.
7. Do not give free KO's to a crasher. If you do then the other players are allowed to attack you and think of you as a crasher too.
8. Don't chase anyone around the stage if they are giving you signs that they don't like it.
9. If someone accidently gives you damage while fighting a crasher, you are not allowed to give them damage back.
10. If you KO someone during sudden death, then you must KO yourself right away.
11. If you get a KO off of someone and they don't want to KO you back, and you have no damage, you must SD yourself.
12. Do not jump on top of people because if they SD, you will get a KO point.
13. Do not use the spin jump attack item on people.
14. Do not make annoying noises if other's dont like it.
15. Do not stop Wolf, Fox, Falco, or Snake from doing their stage taunt.
16. If you are in a B, or C taunt party, don't use items that can cause damage.
17. Do not grab someone for no reason. If you do then they are allowed to give you a small amount of damage.
18. If you are not moving, another player can attack you to see if your there.
19. Do not taunt when something bad happens to another player, if you do they are allowed to hit you.
20. Don't hump someone using Zelda's taunt.
21. Don't do Sheiks chain glitch. I you do it, expect to be attacked by all the other players.
22. Don't do Kirby's down special glitch. If you do it, expect to be attacked by all the other players.
23. Don't pick someone up with DK and KO yourself.
24. Don't use DDD's Nspecial on someone and KO yourself.
25. Don't fight a MK just because they use his fight me taunt.
26. If you team up on a crasher, make sure everyone on your team gets a chance to fight the crasher.
If I forgot something please let me know.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
i always ignore rule 15. i always find it funny to see them chase me for 3 damage having the intent of killing me. too bad weegee is slower than i thought. The other TPers almost never help from my experience, just watch the snake/fox/falco/wolf (I've done it to all 4) throw me all across the stage. It's always worth it :awesome:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
i always ignore rule 15. i always find it funny to see them chase me for 3 damage having the intent of killing me. too bad weegee is slower than i thought. The other TPers almost never help from my experience, just watch the snake/fox/falco/wolf (I've done it to all 4) throw me all across the stage. It's always worth it :awesome:
I never listen to that rule either. It's fun having good snake throw me around the stage.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I use thunderstorm on them with :ganondorf:. So I have alot of time to run off with my fat ***. :bee:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I stop someone from doing their stage taunt by grabbing them.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I can't believe you didn't mention C. Falcon. The guy is practically the life of any TP.
alot of them truly are. And to the ones that aren't, I proceed to show them my moves and falcon kick their ***. But that's just me.

I stop someone from doing their stage taunt by grabbing them.
I prefer jabbing and getting the head start. All grabbing does is give them chance to Smash/Tilt before you can start running. I'd rather have a nice healthy run before i get slaughtered, but again, that's just me.

some TPers don't know how to be in a TP. i give em 6% compared to a 12% i was already given and i instantly get myself caught in a 2v1 i don't want, lol. i've had many instances like that before.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX

I don't agree with this. If a player receives accidental damage from another taunt partyist, let it go and move on instead of jabbing them or hitting them back in any way. It's just a bad sport. Just let it go, the one who damaged you didn't mean it. They'll probably crotch a few times to let you know they're sorry.

Dyclone

Smash Ace

I don't agree with this. If a player receives accidental damage from another taunt partyist, let it go and move on instead of jabbing them or hitting them back in any way. It's just a bad sport. Just let it go, the one who damaged you didn't mean it. They'll probably crotch a few times to let you know they're sorry.
the damage i gave was from a fireball the player should have dodged no problem, i was trying to make luigi slide off the stage while using it and he got hit.
you probably weren't talking to me, i think... some just want to have the satisfaction of getting you to their % if you hit them, accident or not

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
the damage i gave was from a fireball the player should have dodged no problem, i was trying to make luigi slide off the stage while using it and he got hit.
you probably weren't talking to me, i think... some just want to have the satisfaction of getting you to their % if you hit them, accident or not
No that wasn't directed at you but more so at the topic itself. :p

But yes, some can't let little things like that go. Those seem to be the hard ***** who aren't very loyal as well.

And lmao at ruining snakes/star fox characters ability at their home stage. I don't see that happen very often but when I do it's hilarious. The disturbed character rages.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
No offense to Zelda players but every Zelda player I've met on BB gets real *****y when they're hit on accident. At least most of them do. If I'm hit on accident, I'll let it slide but if it keeps happening then either I have bad luck or the person doing so is doing it on purpose.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
No offense to Zelda players but every Zelda player I've met on BB gets real *****y when they're hit on accident. At least most of them do. If I'm hit on accident, I'll let it slide but if it keeps happened then either I have bad luck or the person doing so is doing it on purpose.
This is so true >.<

I've actually adopted this method somewhat to start fights. It works very well with Sheik's incredibly annoying chain glitch on the temple. 9 out of 10 times someone will attack you.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
This is so true >.<

I've actually adopted this method somewhat to start fights. It works very well with Sheik's incredibly annoying chain glitch on the temple. 9 out of 10 times someone will attack you.
You mean that supersonic sound the chain makes? Yeah, that does get pretty annoying but I won't attack for that unless they whip the chain out on me. lol

Takumi

Smash Cadet
No offense to Zelda players but every Zelda player I've met on BB gets real *****y when they're hit on accident. At least most of them do. If I'm hit on accident, I'll let it slide but if it keeps happening then either I have bad luck or the person doing so is doing it on purpose.
I ought to be one of the more merciful ones. I'm too used to being accidently smashed in the face by TPiers that fight over a smashball they won't use or by TPiers who drag the fight in your face all the time.

I always let it slide if I know it wasn't intended to hit me but if there's a misunderstanding and I get caught in it for whatever reason, I won't show much mercy. =/

Zelda players don't seem to have a pretty reputation recently or so what I've seen. I main Peach now so *shrugs*

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
This is so true >.<

I think I played you before. Please don't do it, it's more annoying than sonics taunts. If I see someone doing it, I switch to MK and start fighting them.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to the game so the only way I can win very good players is by using MK. If the player i'm fighting isn't good, then I'll use Ike or Pikachu.
You shouldn't have to resort to MK. That's just taking the easy way out. I used to main MK thinking I'd beat everyone, but I never bothered to learn the character. I figured that he was the easy mode option.

You should try to play more as your mains/secondaries. After all, you can only get better.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
You shouldn't have to resort to MK. That's just taking the easy way out. I used to main MK thinking I'd beat everyone, but I never bothered to learn the character. I figured that he was the easy mode option.

You should try to play more as your mains/secondaries. After all, you can only get better.
I know how to use MK.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Regardless if you do or don't it is still funny when someone has to use MK to try and beat me especially when I beat all the other characters they use then they stick to MK the entire time.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I mean no offense but using MK JUST to win is the same as giving up. Its worse for that player if their MK gets an *** whipping from an Ike...

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Hmm... MK, i like it when noobs do that... only to get ***** twice as hard.
I never lose to someone when using MK, unless they choose MK too.

Today, I got in a fight with someone during a taunt party ( I used a poke ball and the person got small amount of damage and then attacked me), and I decided to pick MK for the next match, and they chose MK too! We both had the same skill, but by accident I used up B at the wrong time and KO'd myself

MechaWave

Smash Champion
There is just something about these last few posts that make me laugh.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
That was probably me. I am the greatest, after all. They see me beatin' MK online.

Top Bottom